AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-04-02, 11:38   Link #41161
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I just felt it lame for her to just have one style... and the only move we've been shown is her unique kessagiri. Which is a basic slash truth be told. At least in theory.

Basically she's the static powerhouse in canon. what I wanted was to make her more... dynamic.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 12:05   Link #41162
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Like I said it doesn't have to be better or worse, it's up to you, and when in doubt, ask MOAR.

Here's my viewpoint: she's not static, none a bit. However she develop her style so one sword can be used on everything, the dynamic came from how she analyze her opponent's weakness then adapt her combat style to match it. For the sake of honor, she ditched practicality and convenience.
Old 2013-04-02, 12:36   Link #41163
demino_hellsin
That one guy

My interpretation has chifuyu learning more and more about how others fight as she continues her IS battles. She always fights with her own traditional style at first, but when pushed will adapt even foreign styles like sword and shield, or if required will take up a handheld rifle or some other ranged equalizer.

She'd have experiences of losing battle despite being the best and she starts to have this view of herself where she is, "An IS pilot first, and a swordswoman second.". Again, maybe like your reference to musashi miyamoto. But she still strives to win with purely kendo as much as possible.
Old 2013-04-02, 16:46   Link #41164
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
See jak? I told you people ignore me
Although it doesn't really occur as much for you; you get some feedback as well and everyone else is more engaged when they talk with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Maybe a clash of interests, I 'unno. Anyways, about the scene I said I'm going to post:

Spoiler for About guys:
I kind of felt like that it's somewhat similar to what you originally written. I remember that the original had Inami save her from a rogue IS drone and this time it was from an assault. I might be wrong though.

Anyway, that scene I mentioned a few pages ago...

It's related to the last 2 I posted a while ago.

Autumn

Solo Training

And here it is.
Spoiler for Infirmary:

Any given thoughts on this?

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2013-04-02 at 17:00.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 19:02   Link #41165
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
No offense, but I did not recognize the shield.

Then again I'm not familiar with anything newer than Gundam 00....
In that case you would recognise Kyrios's shield, which also turns into a pincer claw and has a plasma blade between them.
Old 2013-04-02, 19:06   Link #41166
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hmm, if it was me, I'll have the ironic karma of the would-be-rapist injured, coincidentally shielded her from drone explosion

(Yeah, I have a VERY SPECIAL place in my heart for a sexual offender)

Kyrios? Oookay now I remember that... then again I gushed more about it's flight mode

@ Jak
I swear god you're the most authentic fanfic writer EVER, that scene matched Izuru, or at least, BT Translation of it, very well. One can duplicate it word to word, but matching the style is different kettle of fish.
Old 2013-04-02, 19:25   Link #41167
demino_hellsin
That one guy

In any competition based story. How important is it for the protagonist to incur losses?
Old 2013-04-02, 19:32   Link #41168
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Usually yeah

There are many reason why a protagonist MUST lose once a while, especially in shonen fighting. Character development, plot etc.

There are exception to this, where the invincibility of the protagonist is tied to plot AND moving the plot, Medaka Box, Star Driver, Golgo 13 etc. It's really a gamble, Sturgeon's law is in full effect.
Old 2013-04-02, 19:45   Link #41169
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I see... Then I'm going to have to be really careful.

Can you give me your opinion on Chifuyu using different stances? Stratos, strigon, jak and any of the registered visitors too. Blitz kind of disapproved and I can actually see where he's coming from. Is it that uncalled for when Chifuyu learns to use a sword and shield? Does it feel like knowing how to switch between two handed to dual wielding seem practical? Or am I more stroking my own ego? Ugh @_@.

EDIT: oddly enough I wanted Chifuyu to use the libing metal sword, Seizan as her preferred blade. It's more or less the same as any Uchigane sword but it can regenerate and grow stronger when broken. But it rarely breaks anyway
Old 2013-04-02, 20:54   Link #41170
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Once again, I'm not disapproving it.

Here's my advice: do NOT change her principle, regardless of equipment change. It does sound hypocritical considering what I do in case of Ichika and Madoka, so it's okay to disregard this is you still want to.

Here's more clue to support your idea:

We don't see any problem for her of using ranged weapon in the case of white knight, yet >50% of the missile is taken down using her sword rather than more practical approach with particle cannon. ICBM is 5000+ km/h at it's peak, so even with I.S., it's a dumb move, when she couldn't get them all, she use the cannon to swipe the rest.

Chifuyu is not against using any other equipment, it's just that her preference is trusty two handed sword style.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-04-02 at 21:31.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 23:06   Link #41171
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I'd look to Zero from Megaman X. Granted, he uses a laser sword that can be manipulated in various ways but even so... you'd realise that each sword mode is utilized in its own unique way.
Old 2013-04-03, 04:31   Link #41172
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I see... Then I'm going to have to be really careful.

Can you give me your opinion on Chifuyu using different stances? Stratos, strigon, jak and any of the registered visitors too. Blitz kind of disapproved and I can actually see where he's coming from. Is it that uncalled for when Chifuyu learns to use a sword and shield? Does it feel like knowing how to switch between two handed to dual wielding seem practical? Or am I more stroking my own ego? Ugh @_@.

EDIT: oddly enough I wanted Chifuyu to use the libing metal sword, Seizan as her preferred blade. It's more or less the same as any Uchigane sword but it can regenerate and grow stronger when broken. But it rarely breaks anyway
To be honest, I don't really know what to say because we rarely see Chifuyu have a small tussle with someone; as in, actually fighting someone. Let alone, piloting an IS.

The closest I've seen is her using a Katana from an Uchigane to stop Laura...

With her bare hands...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
I swear god you're the most authentic fanfic writer EVER, that scene matched Izuru, or at least, BT Translation of it, very well. One can duplicate it word to word, but matching the style is different kettle of fish.
Is there anything else wrong with it though? Mainly, are the characters being themselves? Particularly Tatenashi?

And does it needs to be extended? Cause I feel that it does, but I don't really know how to extend it...

Little help?
Old 2013-04-03, 04:33   Link #41173
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Superhuman!

Thanks jak... For some reason what you said just reminded me why I wrote cake eater.
Old 2013-04-03, 07:28   Link #41174
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Is there anything else wrong with it though? Mainly, are the characters being themselves? Particularly Tatenashi?

And does it needs to be extended? Cause I feel that it does, but I don't really know how to extend it...

Little help?
Nope, not a bit.

As for the extended scene, I guess you could go with them regain consciousness and having a pep talk with CCs.
Old 2013-04-03, 21:33   Link #41175
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

If there is a way, how would one sense life inside something/someone?

I remembered Jak mentioning about Inami seemingly emotionally-driven when going up against drones, which is kinda true seeing as he sees them as mere robots.

Then again, I want to develop on that part of him too, a way make him realize that just because something does not appear human does not mean that they do not have the consciousness of one.

There's already a character set to talk this sense into him but its the eventual battle that will flesh out this part that I'm trying to figure out.
Old 2013-04-03, 21:59   Link #41176
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

@ strato

Psychic powers maybe? Or maybe using the IS for too much time gave him a sort of awareness of his surroundings (a sixth sense of some sorts)
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 22:02   Link #41177
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

If you have sentient computer handy, it will help

No matter how advanced, a nonsentient-AI controlled robots behave differently than the one with sentient AI or pilot. However, the difference is sometimes so sligth that it might not be even there for most people, especially if said nonsentient AI is put on the same kind of advanced computer, or the pilto is purposefully brainwashed person.

Ichika managed to deduce that Golem are without pilot after synching with ByakuShiki circuit and analyze the golem's movement in both technical and practical aspect. Rin and Shenlong are too busy to notice, somehow.
Old 2013-04-03, 22:03   Link #41178
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
If there is a way, how would one sense life inside something/someone?

I remembered Jak mentioning about Inami seemingly emotionally-driven when going up against drones, which is kinda true seeing as he sees them as mere robots.

Then again, I want to develop on that part of him too, a way make him realize that just because something does not appear human does not mean that they do not have the consciousness of one.

There's already a character set to talk this sense into him but its the eventual battle that will flesh out this part that I'm trying to figure out.
Yeah, I remember mentioning that. Have you read that scene I posted?

Edit:

Zero, about what you said on that pep talk to extend the scene... Not what I'm going after...

And as for telling if there's a human piloting something that doesn't appear human, I think it's more of humanly action. Or better yet, what Zero said about the A.I.
Old 2013-04-03, 22:13   Link #41179
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

This

Oh, and Jak, it's just an Idea, I can't read mind you know
Old 2013-04-03, 22:18   Link #41180
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Yeah, I remember mentioning that. Have you read that scene I posted?
Just the Infirmary one. Can't say much aside from what Zero and Demi posted but I still want to contribute this:

It does set things up for an eventual revelation. Though I do have a feeling that the CCs would be left hanging with just the date at the end without ever knowing its relation to Hot Shot.

@Strigon

He doesn't get to pilot an IS, unfortunately.

@Zero

He has an AI program on board the Minerva, only not a sentient one. Then again, he would've seen a lot of battles with non-sentient AI drones that he would be able to notice anything off if he goes up against a sentient AI.

Still, the battle actually brings both parties to realize who/what they're actually fighting against. If there's a cul-- inspiration for this supposed scene, it would be this.(from Ep 3 of Gundam UC, in case anyone's spoiler-wary)

Oh wow... How am I supposed to read that graph?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest