AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-07-12, 20:51   Link #21
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Wonderful!

Were there any that have stood out to you that you'd like to comment on?

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 22:10   Link #22
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Wonderful!

Were there any that have stood out to you that you'd like to comment on?
As a matter of fact, yes. I loved Skip Beat! I am currently dying for a second season. Kimi Ni Todoke was amazingly romantic. Clannad and Kanon is great cause of the drama. The above animes i mentioned stood out BUT i still have lots more to watch.
Midnight2352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 01:58   Link #23
arachni42

I recommend Princess Tutu -- it's about a duck who becomes a girl who becomes a magical girl ballerina to help a fairy tale prince (that she gets a crush on) to get his heart back. I'm sure they could have made a whole series just about that, but that would be boring, so it takes a turn after the first few episodes... and several more turns with plot and character. It has my favorite anime romantic scene in episode 25. There are no mechs, although there are some fights with an interesting mixture of ballet and swords.

I also rather enjoyed Peach Girl in a similar way to Skip Beat. It's about a high school girl, a couple guys, and (early on) a catty girl who tries to interfere. Usually such characters get on my nerves, but for some reason it didn't really turn me off. I don't know, there was nothing super special about the series, I just found it to be an enjoyable romance to watch.
arachni42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 16:40   Link #24
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by arachni42 View Post
I recommend Princess Tutu -- it's about a duck who becomes a girl who becomes a magical girl ballerina to help a fairy tale prince (that she gets a crush on) to get his heart back. I'm sure they could have made a whole series just about that, but that would be boring, so it takes a turn after the first few episodes... and several more turns with plot and character. It has my favorite anime romantic scene in episode 25. There are no mechs, although there are some fights with an interesting mixture of ballet and swords.

I also rather enjoyed Peach Girl in a similar way to Skip Beat. It's about a high school girl, a couple guys, and (early on) a catty girl who tries to interfere. Usually such characters get on my nerves, but for some reason it didn't really turn me off. I don't know, there was nothing super special about the series, I just found it to be an enjoyable romance to watch.
Princess Tutu seems so childishly girly. It doesn't really suit my tastes. However...hearing that Peach Girl is like Skip Beat, it is worth a try.
Thanks.
Old 2012-07-29, 03:20   Link #25
tyme

I'm not a big fan of romance, but even I enjoyed Ano Hana. Like others here, I also recommend it. It's not childishly girly, has drama/romance, and contains a little bit of school/slice of life.

Here's a summary: Five childhood friends grow apart after the death of Menma, a close playmate of them all. Jinta Yadomi, the main character, neglects high school and lives as a shut-in when he unexpectedly starts seeing the ghost of Menma, who can only interact with him and no one else. She has returned to ask Jinta to fulfill the forgotten wish she made as a kid.
tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 11:36   Link #26
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyme View Post
I'm not a big fan of romance, but even I enjoyed Ano Hana. Like others here, I also recommend it. It's not childishly girly, has drama/romance, and contains a little bit of school/slice of life.

Here's a summary: Five childhood friends grow apart after the death of Menma, a close playmate of them all. Jinta Yadomi, the main character, neglects high school and lives as a shut-in when he unexpectedly starts seeing the ghost of Menma, who can only interact with him and no one else. She has returned to ask Jinta to fulfill the forgotten wish she made as a kid.
Wow...romance, drama,slice of life and friendship. I'll give it a shot and see how it goes.One thing, does it have echhi in it? Thanks tyme <--- LOL
Old 2012-07-29, 12:10   Link #27
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2352 View Post
Wow...romance, drama,slice of life and friendship. I'll give it a shot and see how it goes.One thing, does it have echhi in it? Thanks tyme <--- LOL
The show lacks ecchiness, so don't worry, since the ecchiness is usually lacking in most romantic dramas.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 12:33   Link #28
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Ano Hana?

No ecchi, but it does deal somewhat with some of those subjects. I don't think in a bad way though.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 13:46   Link #29
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

Thanks MisaoFan and Sackett! Now i can download it without worrying.
Old 2012-08-24, 13:46   Link #30
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

I have seen these from what you guys recommended:
5 Centimeters per Second
Ano hana
Kanon (2006)
Saikano
Skip Beat!
Lovely Complex
Kimi ni Todoke

I loved them all except for AnoHana and Midori No Hibi (didn't like the echhi in it). Saikano was nice...cried alot.

I have these to watch still.
Honey and Clover
True Tears
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
Nana
Paradise Kiss
Hatsukoi Limited

If you guys have anymore, i'm listening.
Old 2012-08-24, 14:08   Link #31
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

I am going to suggest old animes. Boys Be , Marmalade Boy and Kakyusei. Of the 3, I like Marmalade Boy the most because it has various characters involved in relationships and properly explores all the issues regarding relationship.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 15:54   Link #32
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

I have seen Boys Be but got bored after 3 episodes. Since you said that Maramalade Boy is worth watching, then i'll give it a shot.
Old 2012-08-24, 16:01   Link #33
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

It's rather long though, 76 episodes in total. However, I can assure you would not regret it. There's also a short film revealing how Yuu first meets Miki.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 17:21   Link #34
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

No problem. I don't mind the length. These days it doesn't have romantic series going that long. I appreciate the thought though. Thanks.
Old 2012-09-06, 08:23   Link #35
Mangakasan
BURST LINK!!

I would say Rosario-vampire and the second season. It may have a little bit of ecchi but not as much as action and romance.
Strength isn't just about winning. Even if my attempts are pathetic and comical, and even if I'm covered in the mud of my defeat, if I can keep fighting and look up at the sky as I lie on the ground, that alone is proof of true strength!
Mangakasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 15:34   Link #36
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

I have seen rosario-vampire and the second season. I only make exceptions for echhi if the anime is really good like Zero No Tsukaima. Thanks but try to refrain from suggesting those shows with echhi.
Old 2012-09-06, 16:14   Link #37
Mangakasan
BURST LINK!!

Have you already seen toradora! ? It's not ecchi and it's a romantic anime. It's really good so I think you'll like it.
Strength isn't just about winning. Even if my attempts are pathetic and comical, and even if I'm covered in the mud of my defeat, if I can keep fighting and look up at the sky as I lie on the ground, that alone is proof of true strength!
Old 2012-09-06, 18:31   Link #38
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

No. I have not seen toradora before. I'll give it a shot. Thanks for not giving up on me.
Old 2012-09-06, 22:10   Link #39
Mangakasan
BURST LINK!!

*GASP* ME give up on a fellow anime fan?!?!? NEVER! Haha
Old 2012-09-07, 18:13   Link #40
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

I am glad to hear that. If you are an anime fan, join my group A.A.G aka Anime Addicts Group. It is always active so feel free to join.