AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-08, 20:01   Link #381
Cutiepiejessie

The live action PGSM was also produced by Toei, though.. and that was in 2004.. so she can't have *too* much beef with them anymore.
Old 2012-09-08, 20:24   Link #382
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutiepiejessie View Post
I actually wouldn't mind if they kept the original music (or remixed it).. Moonlight Densetsu should stay for sure.
Didn't this start precisely with Momoiro Clover Z covering Moonlight Densetsu? I think it's pretty safe to bet that the song will be back in some form
Old 2012-09-08, 20:35   Link #383
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
(Anyone remember Taichi Nakamura and Masahiro Ando? I hope they never find work as animators again)
Wait,the Masahiro Ando? Because the one I know has no trouble finding work because he's one respected veteran
I'm also checking his resumé and he doesn't seem to have worked on SM
Old 2012-09-08, 20:51   Link #384
Cutiepiejessie

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Wait,the Masahiro Ando? Because the one I know has no trouble finding work because he's one respected veteran
I'm also checking his resumé and he doesn't seem to have worked on SM
It's a different Masahiro Ando for sure.

I doubt he would put his name to this:

Spoiler for Masahiro Ando:

Also.. Taichi Nakamura.. can you imagine all the QUALITY the new anime would suffer at his hands if he was once again hired? haha

Spoiler for Taichi Nakamura:

Last edited by Cutiepiejessie; 2012-09-08 at 21:02.
Old 2012-09-08, 20:55   Link #385
Kazu-kun

^ Yeah, I remember those episodes. The artwork was horrible then. I too hope those guys will stay away from the new series.
Old 2012-09-08, 21:05   Link #386
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I gotta admit, reading some of the comments here makes me feel as if Sailor Moon was wasted on me. That's how it was for Evangelion, where, at the time, I was more into the harem aspects of anime(i.e. looking for Shinji/Asuka/Rei/Misato to hook up) than the deeper/harsher reality that those characters faced. I don't remember too much about Sailor Moon other than the first big 3 arcs/seasons(the very first one, the one about the "Doom Tree", and the arc with "Riine"(don't know the jp names (>.>)...) were good; enjoying the magical girl elements and the romance with the chars(though I always felt bad for "Lita" because she never got a long-term guy). I never looked at it objectively, even though I was old enough to do so(like with, say, X-men). I thought nothing more than it being "fluff", not about the story's composition, it's direction, the character's flaws, etc. I don't think I could go back and watch it in it's full-unedited glory(only watched what was shown normal TV and, much later, on Toonami) because of its age. I hope that this new movie will be able to show me the Sailor Moon that was deeper than its exterior showcased; the one everyone in this thread is talking about.
Quote:
Spoiler for Masahiro Ando:
I actually liked that style of animation =0(.

Old 2012-09-09, 02:04   Link #387
Sakuya
*Artist

It would be strange if it was done by any other studio besides Toei. I mean isn't Sailor Moon one of their biggest babies? They wouldn't want to allow other studios to profit from it would they?

I love Ito Ikuko! Please have her come back and be in charge of all future seasons!

But I'm dying to know about what the production is like right now. Concept sketches? Character designs? Anything! Are there any Japanese blogs out there from people on the inside?
Old 2012-09-09, 02:15   Link #388
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
^ Yeah, I remember those episodes. The artwork was horrible then. I too hope those guys will stay away from the new series.
But to be fair... Those designs made that anime famous.... Probably those old timers will not be stagnant in the old style I hope...
Old 2012-09-09, 16:22   Link #389
VampirePaladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
It would be strange if it was done by any other studio besides Toei. I mean isn't Sailor Moon one of their biggest babies? They wouldn't want to allow other studios to profit from it would they?

I love Ito Ikuko! Please have her come back and be in charge of all future seasons!

But I'm dying to know about what the production is like right now. Concept sketches? Character designs? Anything! Are there any Japanese blogs out there from people on the inside?
They also wouldn't want it to take too big of a piece out of their Pretty Cure sales, which they own exclusively and is the 6th most valuable character brand in all of Japan according to a list from 2011 (this is beating Mario Brothers, Madoka Magica, Gokaiger and Kamen Rider).

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-in-japan-2011
Old 2012-10-24, 21:20   Link #390
achirist

Personally, I really hope they could decide to use the format, tone (darker and more mature), and depth found in the manga as opposed to the original anime series with the 'monster of the day' episodic BS. This could be really good, I can't wait!
Old 2012-10-24, 22:16   Link #391
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam
I actually liked that style of animation =0(.
Why. Why. Why. I don't....It's so bad....how can you like it, howWHY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post

Yes, this.
Old 2012-10-24, 23:15   Link #392
OkamiNoKaze

Great to hear, I watched the whole series straight through subbed, a couple of years ago, I can say I'm looking forward to this, First Saint Seiya, now Sailor Moon, I hope a new Ronin Warriors/Samuari Troopers is on the horizon
Old 2012-10-25, 06:36   Link #393
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by achirist View Post
Personally, I really hope they could decide to use the format, tone (darker and more mature), and depth found in the manga as opposed to the original anime series with the 'monster of the day' episodic BS. This could be really good, I can't wait!
Absolutely.

Even though the manga scanlation I read wasn't the best, I think the story spoke for itself. Much better. Not that I didn't like the original anime, but I do want to see the new one centered on the manga more.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2012-10-25, 09:11   Link #394
Bern-san

Bandai is making Sailor Moon figures
Old 2012-10-25, 11:42   Link #395
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Absolutely.

Even though the manga scanlation I read wasn't the best, I think the story spoke for itself. Much better. Not that I didn't like the original anime, but I do want to see the new one centered on the manga more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by achirist View Post
Totally agree with both of you. I really hope they decide to stick with the manga plotline. Personally, I prefer the manga version over the previous anime version.

But I have a feeling they won't make the story the same dark and mature tone as the manga though - it won't sell well with the broad audience (little kids and such).

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2012-10-25, 12:22   Link #396
Lota

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Totally agree with both of you. I really hope they decide to stick with the manga plotline. Personally, I prefer the manga version over the previous anime version.

But I have a feeling they won't make the story the same dark and mature tone as the manga though - it won't sell well with the broad audience (little kids and such).
See, I don't think little kids are the target audience here. Sailor Moon is a name that is very nostalgic, it brings back a lot of memories. While children may choose to watch it or not, the main audience will be those people, who watched the show in the 90s, people who became fans over a decade ago. And there are a loooooot of people like that (myself included), guided by nostalgia and curiosity to watch this.

As for the anime itself, I too hope that they follow the manga this time. As the audience this time around will be older, they'll be able to show the darker and more mature stuff. Though the pacing was a little fast, I hope they will still follow the manga closely, because I found it rather good
Old 2012-10-25, 13:44   Link #397
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post

I don't think that anyone's all that interesting in following the manga. If they were, then Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon wouldn't have turned out the way it did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lota View Post
See, I don't think little kids are the target audience here. Sailor Moon is a name that is very nostalgic, it brings back a lot of memories. While children may choose to watch it or not, the main audience will be those people, who watched the show in the 90s, people who became fans over a decade ago. And there are a loooooot of people like that (myself included), guided by nostalgia and curiosity to watch this.
I'm pretty sure that the new show will very much be for kids. There wouldn't be any reason to make the show otherwise. Hopefully, they'll manage to give more things for the other Sailor Senshi to do. The original anime turned too much into the Usagi Show; and while Usagi is really cool, it's be nice to spread the love to the other characters as well.

Here's hoping that they manage to reel in Ikuhara to make a couple of episodes again.
Old 2012-10-25, 13:51   Link #398
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Hopefully, they'll manage to give more things for the other Sailor Senshi to do. The original anime turned too much into the Usagi Show; and while Usagi is really cool, it's be nice to spread the love to the other characters as well.
While I agree with this (Usagi is my favorite character but I love when the entire cast gets equal spotlight), I just find it funny since the series is Sailor Moon. It basically is The Usagi Show since it's already named after her. :P

Old 2012-10-25, 14:22   Link #399
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I wonder if some of those now adults would want a show they can share with their children.
Old 2012-10-25, 14:27   Link #400
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

I'm confused why people are talking about the manga as if it hadn't been made for kids and the anime was toned down for younger audiences...!? Because it was serialised in a magazine aimed at young (pre to early teen) girls, so I feel sparing your audiences of dark, scary themes in the manga wasn't the reason why the anime was different.

I'm quite excited for this, and open for whatever they throw at us. If anything I hope there will be more focus on the rest of the cast and less on Usagi... and ideally, they might make me actually like Mamoru, although that's maybe a bit of a stretch
Closed Thread

Tags
remake, shoujo