AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-24, 00:22   Link #2641
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Any other recommend for this role? I'd prefer any champ that has escape/survival built-in skill (not Corki, I just hate that one ).
Tristana or Vayne maybe?
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 00:35   Link #2642
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Currently switching my role in to AD carry to have a feel about how they are playing. That's the only role that I've not touched ever since I've play LoL, and my team is saying I need to experience it for awhile before getting back to my main position . So far I've found Graves is my best champ at this role, and the next one is Ez. Any other recommend for this role? I'd prefer any champ that has escape/survival built-in skill (not Corki, I just hate that one ).
Varus, Caitlyn, Kog'Maw, Jayce and Sivir are decent champions to have if you want to counter certain picks. For melee AD carry, jungle Tryndamere and Talon are pretty strong. Tryndamere becomes technically unstoppable late-game, since all 4 of his skills are survival skills

For some reason, I don't like Corki either, I'd much rather play Ashe or something instead.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 01:55   Link #2643
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well Kog doesn't really have escape & survival build , he got his slow but that's it. One dash & it's over , that's why he needs a decent team to protect/buff him , like a Nunu support.
Same for MF but she got a speed boost.

Twitch needs CC champs in his team like Alistar/Leona support to make good damage.

There's Draven who's really fun to play , catching his Q.

I think why you don't like Corki , cuz of spamming R

Jayce is better at Solo top + he got almost everything in his skillsets -.- & that range with E

You can try Kennen AD but well , i think this old meta isn't that great.

Urgot is really good at end game , tanky AD he does tons of damage ^^

And ofc Teemo the best of all jk
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 03:34   Link #2644
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

The three most ideal AD carries at present are Ezreal, Corki and Graves. Yours truly, a Miss Fortune junkie, has given up on her and only plays Corki or Ezreal now for the fact that any AD outside of those three needs to be babysat and protected like a boss.

However, if your team is willing to do that, use Draven. Otherwise, swallow your pride and learn one or more of the standard three. Or take a different role.

Ashe - Great harass but needs to be protected SO much. Get in her face and she's toast.
Caitlyn - Great laning/spam early but nowhere near effective enough late. Her ulti is far too weak.
Kog'Maw - Good spammer but perhaps the easiest to kill once you get past their ulti. Just get in its face and roll it.
Miss Fortune - Great harass and passives but her ulti and spam become somewhat ineffective late, needs to get ahead early and can't against proper bottom combos.
Tristana - Handy escapes and passives but not effective enough in team fights unless fed early.
Twitch - Decent burst but...why would you use him when there's FAR better...
Urgot - .....If anyone uses him, I just leave in choice screen....So he can spam and swap positions. Big deal...can easily be countered.
Varus - Weak and has to be babysat hard to be useful. Gets even weaker late game.
Vayne - Like her, Tumble is great as is any of her moves/passives. But she has to snowball. She is the best at snowballing along with Graves and Draven, but if she is contained/smashed early, she will be easy pickings to the max. Needs at least 3 tanks to protect her to work.

As for the more effective ones:

Corki - What's not to like about him? I used to despise him but after seeing pros use him, I now appreciate why they do. Valkyrie is great for escaping or closing in. Phosphorus Bomb and Gatling Gun make him a great farmer and ganker. His ulti is one of the best harasses in the game, full stop. Takes a while to be powerful, but he's darn effective. His only weakness IMO is a move that smashes a whole enemy team from range, he can only do it from short range.
Ezreal - Is there a better harasser in the AD class at present? Double harass, teleport for offense and escape, ulti to be team effective or to save towers. So darn useful. He is fragile though - as usual, needs a wall and a GA, perhaps earlier than Corki does.
Graves - A little weak early, but allow him to get going and he's beastly. Quickdraw is very aggressive and escape-handy. Buckshot is great harass and farming. Smoke Grenade is godly in a teamfight. Collateral Damage may have small margin for error but hit it and the other team is usually screwed. Passive makes him a bit tanky late-game. However, he has to be damn aggressive to be competitive and you need beef around you to stop you from being the obvious focus.

The reason those 3 are liked so much now is their ability to harass, escape and gold farm - all critical for an effective AD carry early, mid and late. They also don't need to snowball early - they can hang in there and still compete as long as they don't lose their lane.

And on the border:

Draven - Give this guy ANY chance to get going and he'll make the enemy pay. Team him with a beefy CC support bot and you can get him fed before you can blink. Once he's fed and protected, the guy just puts out unmatchable damage and speed. Clears out turrets and the like with frightening ease. However, he is even more snowball reliant than the above 3 and lacks an escape mechanism.

Me, I shotgun support as much as possible now.

On another note, it seems Riot are now doing their discount skins/champs with a theme. I seriously hope the medical one comes soon...are they intentionally trolling that Nurse Akali is the only Akali skin that hasn't been discounted in the last few months?

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2012-08-24 at 04:01.
Last Sinner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 05:26   Link #2645
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
On another note, it seems Riot are now doing their discount skins/champs with a theme. I seriously hope the medical one comes soon...are they intentionally trolling that Nurse Akali is the only Akali skin that hasn't been discounted in the last few months?
Nurse Akali on sales was last in Feb, hard to say when it gets a sale again.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 06:04   Link #2646
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Corki - What's not to like about him? I used to despise him but after seeing pros use him, I now appreciate why they do. Valkyrie is great for escaping or closing in. Phosphorus Bomb and Gatling Gun make him a great farmer and ganker. His ulti is one of the best harasses in the game, full stop. Takes a while to be powerful, but he's darn effective. His only weakness IMO is a move that smashes a whole enemy team from range, he can only do it from short range.
Everything about him. It's not about his kit, though. I just hate him.
And Graves' passive is the best one early game.

Btw, I don't know why you think Urgot is weak when I've seen a lot of success Urgot/Soraka lane at bottom.
Old 2012-08-24, 07:25   Link #2647
Otani-kun
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
Quote:
Kog'Maw - Good spammer but perhaps the easiest to kill once you get past their ulti. Just get in its face and roll it.
Miss Fortune - Great harass and passives but her ulti and spam become somewhat ineffective late, needs to get ahead early and can't against proper bottom combos.
Tristana - Handy escapes and passives but not effective enough in team fights unless fed early.
Varus - Weak and has to be babysat hard to be useful. Gets even weaker late game.
Quite wrong about these few.

Kog'Maw's strength doesnt come from his ultimate spamming, that's only for AP Kog. He's one of the AD carries along with Tristana and Vayne who become extremely strong lategame. He needs babysitting early on, but if you can get a team that can protect Kog'Maw well in teamfights, he's very dangerous.

Miss Fortune has a pretty strong early game, and is pretty consistent throughout the entire game, she never really falls off though she isnt the strongest AD carry. She's my second favorite carry after Kog'Maw, she's pretty underrated IMO.

Varus isnt weak at all ( maybe during early game a bit), I think you dont see him enough in-game to get a proper opinion of him but he actually has incredible poking/harass with his Q if you max it first in lane. His E is a pretty good slow and his ultimate is a good snare, even better if you can get multiple people in it. He's not the best pick but still pretty underrated too.

I see Graves almost every single game, so I dont play him or Corki/Ezreal. I'd rather play my favorite carries like MF/Kog rather than the best ones and still do well with them.
Otani-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 09:56   Link #2648
Tacoshuriken
Tasty Ninja Weapon

And what's the deal with Vayne's early game? She's so fun, yet going against any of the top 3 carries as her is hell...
Old 2012-08-24, 12:05   Link #2649
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Jayce has to be one of the best all around bad asses. As a jungler he can strike from the blushes with a powerful range attack, use the 3 hit burst then switch to hammer mode with that buff still activated, jump a target, slap them 3 times real quick then knock the person into a tower or away to run.

Do NOT underestimate him.

That chines dress chick with the floating cross daggers or what ever needs to be nerfed tho, her early game is WAAAY to OP, specially in TOP.
Old 2012-08-24, 12:58   Link #2650
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otani-kun View Post
Kog'Maw's strength doesnt come from his ultimate spamming, that's only for AP Kog. He's one of the AD carries along with Tristana and Vayne who become extremely strong lategame. He needs babysitting early on, but if you can get a team that can protect Kog'Maw well in teamfights, he's very dangerous.
You honestly trust randoms to do that? Furthermore, this clown is the one I've had the worst experiences with whenever one is on my team. Can't trust them and can't thing of a char in the game I hate more.

Quote:
Miss Fortune has a pretty strong early game, and is pretty consistent throughout the entire game, she never really falls off though she isnt the strongest AD carry. She's my second favorite carry after Kog'Maw, she's pretty underrated IMO.
You missed the part where I said I was a Miss Fortune junkie...christ, you don't have to tell me why to use her. I'd like to but I simply know better now. Graves/Taric or Ezreal/Soraka combo constrict MF pretty well, amongst other combos.

Quote:
Varus isnt weak at all ( maybe during early game a bit), I think you dont see him enough in-game to get a proper opinion of him but he actually has incredible poking/harass with his Q if you max it first in lane. His E is a pretty good slow and his ultimate is a good snare, even better if you can get multiple people in it. He's not the best pick but still pretty underrated too.
I've seen plenty of Varus...harass has too much warning and he sucks late game. Again, can't trust someone that uses it due to a stockpile of games thrown by this clown.

Quote:
I see Graves almost every single game, so I dont play him or Corki/Ezreal. I'd rather play my favorite carries like MF/Kog rather than the best ones and still do well with them.
I'd rather win.

It's personal preference. If you like those chars, good for you.
Old 2012-08-24, 13:05   Link #2651
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Urgot - .....If anyone uses him, I just leave in choice screen....So he can spam and swap positions. Big deal...can easily be countered.
As a former Urgot main player, he is one of the few champions who can achieve true balance (i.e. a considerable boost) in all stats except Hp5 and a good Urgot will snipe you through walls and play safe. Plus, even with his nerf, he's still got a powerful slow, dominant homing range, natural % ArPen and a great escape tool in his ultimate. Spamming can't be easily countered btw, even with dashes. He's not a carry though, his calling is tanky AD - his Q damage is lethal but nothing like true carry damage.
Quote:
And what's the deal with Vayne's early game? She's so fun, yet going against any of the top 3 carries as her is hell...
Start with boots and pots, stack doran's blades up to 3. If you're still having trouble, you're either outclassed or just having a bad game. I rarely get off a bad start with Vayne @ bot though.
Quote:
He's one of the AD carries along with Tristana and Vayne who become extremely strong lategame.
Because he has bonus range, AS and % damage on his attacks. His ultimate is not half bad either btw, I've lost a few duels because of it.
Quote:
That chinese dress chick with the floating cross daggers or what ever needs to be nerfed tho, her early game is WAAAY to OP, specially in TOP
If you're talking about Irelia, she's been getting nerfed since her release =/ If you meant Akali, she's a snowball champ - not Rengar level, but she will be useless if she feeds early on.

Quote:
Jayce has to be one of the best all around bad asses. As a jungler he can strike from the brushes with a powerful range attack, use the 3 hit burst then switch to hammer mode with that buff still activated, jump a target, slap them 3 times real quick then knock the person into a tower or away to run.
QFT, I still think he's awesome
Quote:
he actually has incredible poking/harass with his Q if you max it first in lane.
Varus has an amazing Q poke, but imo his passive is even better when trading at last-hits.
Old 2012-08-24, 13:33   Link #2652
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
You honestly trust randoms to do that? Furthermore, this clown is the one I've had the worst experiences with whenever one is on my team. Can't trust them and can't thing of a char in the game I hate more.
Oh well, I was asking about drafting match and ranked games, though. Maybe that's why you have so low opinion regarding Urgot.

I'm using Graves because he's kinda beefiest among AD carry, and I could playing aggressive with him more than other.
Old 2012-08-24, 13:54   Link #2653
Otani-kun
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
Quote:

It's personal preference. If you like those chars, good for you.
True, you cant trust randoms to protect you. Rather, when you play Kog or Vayne in solo queue, you should learn to look out for yourself and safely farm until you're strong enough. It's rewarding when you make it to lategame with IE/PD/LW and just shred everyone to pieces, moreso than easy-mode Graves.

You clearly favor winning over playing with your favorite champions, but that's not really my thing. I'd rather play Miss Fortune and have a bit of a lower chance of winning than going with Ezreal or Corki. (not a fan of their playstyle)
Otani-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 15:11   Link #2654
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

AD Carries with a real escape skill: Graves, Ezreal, Corki, Tristana. Since Trist is the only one you haven't played so far I recommend trying her.
If you don't care about winning then play AD Brand

I'd never play Rengar somewhere else beside top lane.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 16:08   Link #2655
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Ranged AD Carries with a real escape skill: Graves, Ezreal, Corki, Tristana.
Fixed and adding Vayne, condemn-tumble covers more than your average skillshot range.
Old 2012-08-24, 18:42   Link #2656
styr

Is Jayce a common ban/pick? I thought about buying him but if he is banned 24/7 in draft mode I won't bother.

Ranked/normal doesn't matter, is he first pick/ban material or not? Hopefully not, I'd like to play him in draft mode

Mostly looking to pick him up because I'm a huge fan of bruisers, and the "nidalee skillset" looks amazingly fun with a combination ranged/melee champ. For reference I've also loved Jarvan, Renekton, Yorick, Shyvana, Shen, Lee, etc. Also, WTB more AP bruisers like Ryze and Gragas, c'mon Riot!
styr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 19:18   Link #2657
Kreceir

well if been playing some Normal draft mode for a while (still too scared to try ranked) and here in the EU WEST i never saw him get banned not even once.
Old 2012-08-24, 20:40   Link #2658
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by styr View Post
Is Jayce a common ban/pick? I thought about buying him but if he is banned 24/7 in draft mode I won't bother.

Ranked/normal doesn't matter, is he first pick/ban material or not? Hopefully not, I'd like to play him in draft mode

Mostly looking to pick him up because I'm a huge fan of bruisers, and the "nidalee skillset" looks amazingly fun with a combination ranged/melee champ. For reference I've also loved Jarvan, Renekton, Yorick, Shyvana, Shen, Lee, etc. Also, WTB more AP bruisers like Ryze and Gragas, c'mon Riot!
Nah, I don't think he is. But he is hard to use. Prob one of the hardest, his Ultimate is right off the bat and gives him 6 total skills. Each that can combo with the other modes.

W(Cannon Mode) -> Transform -> W -> Q -> E-> will #^!& up any champion. Then after that you can most likely transfomr back to cannon mode and use the speed boost to run and fire another shot as you run.

he requires constant thinking and reaction.
Old 2012-08-24, 21:22   Link #2659
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by styr View Post

The most common bans are Shen, Alistair, Malphite, Morgana, Kassadin and either Diana, Darius or Blitzcrank. Never seen Jayce banned and hardly see anyone use him. He is quite useful top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otani-kun View Post
True, you cant trust randoms to protect you. Rather, when you play Kog or Vayne in solo queue, you should learn to look out for yourself and safely farm until you're strong enough. It's rewarding when you make it to lategame with IE/PD/LW and just shred everyone to pieces, moreso than easy-mode Graves.

You clearly favor winning over playing with your favorite champions, but that's not really my thing. I'd rather play Miss Fortune and have a bit of a lower chance of winning than going with Ezreal or Corki. (not a fan of their playstyle)
Which is how I play Vayne, but her synergy with certain supports just doesn't cut it.

I basically got sick of doing well with Miss Fortune and watching my team get smashed around me in games we should have won. I switched to Support champs, still had fun and won more matches. *shrug*

Quote:
Oh well, I was asking about drafting match and ranked games, though. Maybe that's why you have so low opinion regarding Urgot.

I'm using Graves because he's kinda beefiest among AD carry, and I could playing aggressive with him more than other.
I was referring to Draft Mode. I only play Draft Mode matches since a couple of months ago. Will eventually join Ranked once I feel I'm capable with enough different supports.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2012-08-24 at 21:34.
Last Sinner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 18:48   Link #2660
Kreceir

I'm watching the MLG stream with CLG black vs Team Dynamic.
And wow i really laughed hard when Team Dynamic began to sing call me maybe.
One of the best moments if seen on the stream.

Tags
league of legends, lol