AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-28, 06:05   Link #24641
Karna
just some guy

Hmm. I was looking at a picture of Marye Spearhead earlier today, and I noticed something...

Her character design is very similar to that of Othinus's. Her eye is covered, she wears a witch hat, and she wears similar clothes. Am I the only one who noticed this?

Marye Spearhead

Othinus

I mean there are obvious differences, but there are some incredibly obvious similarities as well.
Old 2013-03-28, 06:10   Link #24642
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I think it's just the witch hat giving that illusion.
Old 2013-03-28, 09:40   Link #24643
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenHero View Post
First Answer: He is. I'm theorizing that the creation of all these Level 0s had a purpose beyond saving resources and that this is an another measure of protection. If you want to hide a tree, plant it in a forest. I think Aleister had long since planned to have Touma or rather Imagine Breaker placed within the walls of his city for a very long time. It would be incredibly difficult to hide him if he was the only Level 0.

Second Answer: I think the Parameter List determines a person's potential level and how much effort it would take to reach it.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if the Parameter List has what Touma's true Esper level and power is. I know Imagine Breaker is not an Esper ability, but he still went through the Power Curriculum Program and thus makes him an Esper.
If your first statement here is true, then wouldn't it be rather amusing if Alester orchestrated the events that caused Touma to be ostracised and attacked at his previous school and end up in Academy City in the first place? He does have espers that can control the minds of humans. What if all the bad things that happened that aren't really talked about much are just things that where done to force him into academy city?
Old 2013-03-28, 11:58   Link #24644
Karna
just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I think it's just the witch hat giving that illusion.
Not only that. They both have an eye that is missing/covered, and their hair is the same, with the exception of Othinus's hair being a bit longer.
Old 2013-03-28, 12:06   Link #24645
desrtsku
Nympholept

She's also lacking a bit in the chest department ... not that I mind, I like DFC.
Old 2013-03-28, 14:15   Link #24646
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Even Aleister find Hamazura a mystery for he is the one who destroy the destiny
Some new kind of game breaker?
Old 2013-03-28, 16:56   Link #24647
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
If your first statement here is true, then wouldn't it be rather amusing if Alester orchestrated the events that caused Touma to be ostracised and attacked at his previous school and end up in Academy City in the first place? He does have espers that can control the minds of humans. What if all the bad things that happened that aren't really talked about much are just things that where done to force him into academy city?
Vol13 epilogue suggested Aleister went out of his way to bring IB into Academy City, so that might be possible...
Old 2013-03-28, 17:02   Link #24648
Miraluka
Banned

Yeah, it was Heaven Canceller the one who implied Aleister pulled some strings to accomplish that, wasn't he?
Old 2013-03-28, 17:11   Link #24649
Acer
Death to the infidels!

If Touma was that way with Birdway at what happened to Hawaii, I wonder how he will feel when he finds out that the Alesteir was controlling his life of this child. (assuming that this part is also true.)
Old 2013-03-28, 20:37   Link #24650
tsunade666

maybe what Aleister do is pull a string on the media or spread rumors.
Old 2013-03-30, 13:44   Link #24651
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
If Touma was that way with Birdway at what happened to Hawaii, I wonder how he will feel when he finds out that the Alesteir was controlling his life of this child. (assuming that this part is also true.)
Sorry to butt in, but...

Well, he doesn't even know the guy, and doesn't remember the stuff he went through as a child, so at least it shouldn't be such a strong reaction as when Birdy trolled him. Now, if you were to tell him Aleister has been manipulating EVERYTHING (yes, he doesn't care for everything, probably just the big picture, but still) regarding AC from its very creation, that would probably rile him up pretty bad.

Now I'm thinking of a team-up of Kamijou-papa and Misaka-papa busting into Aleister's lair to break his tube
Old 2013-03-30, 13:54   Link #24652
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ They first have to beat the Aleister inside the tube, who's at the same time outside of it >.>, in order to do that.

All these discussions about the recent events of NT, just remind of something.
Othinus, ... if I remember correctly her was arm kind of dislocated from her shoulder (I think it was even cut off) when she tried to pick up the container ... just wth happened? Does that mean she's lose specific parts of her bodies or something even worse everytime she fails at doing something? 'cause it's a pretty damn sick condition if you ask me. D:
Old 2013-03-30, 14:01   Link #24653
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
^ They first have to beat the Aleister inside the tube, who's at the same time outside of it >.>, in order to do that.

All these discussions about the recent events of NT, just remind of something.
Othinus, ... if I remember correctly her was arm kind of dislocated from her shoulder (I think it was even cut off) when she tried to pick up the container ... just wth happened? Does that mean she's lose specific parts of her bodies or something even worse everytime she fails at doing something? 'cause it's a pretty damn sick condition if you ask me. D:
She used an attack to sever Thor(Ollerus)'s arm, I guess since there was a chance of severing her own it became a 50-50 and the "coin" landed on the wrong side.

Though maybe it had something to do with the fact that she was actually attacking Ollerus, but who knows?
Old 2013-03-30, 14:12   Link #24654
Requiem-x
The slacking one

For all the talk (and fun) we've had with Othinus' 50-50 condition, we really don't know the workings of it. I'm sure Kamachi will deliver on that eventually, but it's still a bit frustrating.
Old 2013-03-30, 15:28   Link #24655
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ But most of the fun comes from the fact we actually don't know anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
She used an attack to sever Thor(Ollerus)'s arm, I guess since there was a chance of severing her own it became a 50-50 and the "coin" landed on the wrong side.
I find that one exposition really interesting though.
Old 2013-03-30, 15:50   Link #24656
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
^ But most of the fun comes from the fact we actually don't know anything
Which is why I said "a bit". I'm not in much of a hurry to find out.

About that exposition, doesn't it seem to imply Othinus' "negative effect" is getting the same damage she inflicts? So, if she had gotten the negative effect from crushing that which sleeps inside Touma's hand... Man, Ollerus was right, talk about fukou da
Old 2013-03-30, 16:00   Link #24657
Acer
Death to the infidels!

I thought that her arm almost fell because it could not load the box, since chances are 50-50, I thought it was something like, if she gives a punch on a mountain, or the mountain is destroyed or hand it is. I will reread this part (or rather, the whole book is sensational).
Old 2013-03-30, 20:46   Link #24658
Breidaluk

But when she attacked Thor(Ollerus) what happened was that she managed to blow his arm but she was also affected. It is probably a side-effect that if is on the negative side she also suffer damage together with the target.
Old 2013-03-30, 22:13   Link #24659
tsunade666

I don't think its a side effect but its her failure on trying to carry the box. Everything she do is saddled by 50-50 which is pretty problematic status so no wonder she wants to get read of it.
Old 2013-03-31, 00:08   Link #24660
Dyingbreath

What I don't get about the whole 50-50 percent chance is that, if the idea is that every possibility is incorporated, the chance would be more like .00...001% success since success is only one scenario in among an infinite sea of possibility.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen