AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-22, 06:11   Link #601
tsunade666

I don't have the raw for miyuki's pov yet <.<
Old 2012-04-22, 06:27   Link #602
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
shounen? there are lots of magazine can you please be specific? or your talking about the main stream jump comics?

Nope, they won't pick this up because they usually deal with original stories and not adaptations.

Plus there are already 2 version of mahouka in manga. The adapted from the novel which is tatsuya's pov and the new one which is miyuki's pov.
The manga version, I believe this one and the upcoming Miyuki's spin-off seem to be published by Square Enix, the largest publication in Japan, in GFantasy Mag on monthly (SE usually have monthly mags, a lot of them). While the LN version is being handled by ASCII Media Works published in Dengeki Bunko (the same one as Accel World and SAO).

As u said, JUMP mostly deals with original sotry, ence we get things like Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, Negima, that are nice, but kinda boring now that they have been around for over 10 years, released in weekly basis.

Jojo's Adventure series already have over 100 volumes, but there are many arcs with totally new protagonists and new cats every 5-20 volumes so it's fine.

Chinese manhua is even more hardcore. They're usually adaptation and I don't think only ONE author works on the comic, but the whole team of over 10 people working on it, those extra people don't seem to be just assistances either, they're the artists themselves... And crap some well-known manhua already have over 100 volumes since they can release 200 color page manhua with a freaking month or two.

Now look at Mahouka or any LN adaptation. They usually have higher sale numbers than their LN counterpart but it costs a lot more to make. I wonder why they would publish manga version in the first place if the manga version will never keep up to LN version.

I don't like novel that much. LN is OK but not enough for me. People seem to look down on comic or manga that it's inferior art form while it's like 10x harder to make one since we need to draw the picture instead of describing something. LN of course has far better description of action than manga, but I don't want to imagine everything myself...
Old 2012-04-22, 06:53   Link #603
tsunade666

manga and light novel has their on advantage and disadvantage and this place is not the place to talk about it so I will skip it.

But the thing is. It helps create money. As simple as that. Creating new story isn't that easy. Specially a really establish one. So they just do the popular ones who had good sales and turn them into manga than create an original one with a huge gamble on it. Like in Bakuman. Creating manga is a gamble but why increase the odds of it making a big hit if you can? then the simple answer is get an artist that can draw a popular already establish story.

I want to see Miyuki's pov >.> but I can't remember if it's already out or still not yet on sale. I can't see a raw for it.
Old 2012-04-22, 07:26   Link #604
Hucaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
shounen? there are lots of magazine can you please be specific? or your talking about the main stream jump comics?

Nope, they won't pick this up because they usually deal with original stories and not adaptations.

Plus there are already 2 version of mahouka in manga. The adapted from the novel which is tatsuya's pov and the new one which is miyuki's pov.
Yea I was referring to weekly shounen jump. I didn't realise they usually deal with original work. Have both manga been released at the same time (tatsuya's and miyuki's pov)?
Old 2012-04-22, 07:43   Link #605
tsunade666

this is the LN thread so better ask those kind of question on the manga thread. This will be the last time I answer a manga on a light novel thread in mahouka.

They aren't released at the time. And if you want more info. Google it or use mangaupdates.
Old 2012-04-22, 07:59   Link #606
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post

Now look at Mahouka or any LN adaptation. They usually have higher sale numbers than their LN counterpart but it costs a lot more to make. I wonder why they would publish manga version in the first place if the manga version will never keep up to LN version.

If it sell, it's more revenue and with chance you will gain new readers for the LN.
Old 2012-04-22, 08:42   Link #607
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
If it sell, it's more revenue and with chance you will gain new readers for the LN.
But the pace is simply too slow. It's more like the manga is made just to promote the LN so that the LN will sell more in the future while the manga... Hey, ZnT manga still hasn't gone any where near its anime S2 yet, and the anime version cuts off a lot of material. Not to mention the art sucks.

At least the artwork in LN and manga version are equally good so it's fine.
Old 2012-04-22, 09:56   Link #608
Hucaru

Question in regards to Tatsuya:

Spoiler for Tatsuya question:
Old 2012-04-22, 10:04   Link #609
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hucaru View Post

Spoiler for Answer:
Old 2012-04-22, 10:10   Link #610
bludvein

Quote:

Spoiler for ..:

EDIT: Oops, it was already answered. My bad.
Old 2012-04-22, 10:10   Link #611
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:

Nope, he does not. I think it's just his engineer uniform, which is a bit different from normal school uniform. We can see Miyuki help getting him dress that uniform in LN illustration in vol. 3 (along with another engineer I don't know who, maybe it's Azusa, another engineer). Also, he wears that uniform in he beginning of manga version during 9 High Schools Tournament. And the reason why it's bloom instead of weed on his uniform is probably because no weed has ever been an engineer. SO they don't have weed uniform for engineer.
Old 2012-04-22, 11:04   Link #612
Hucaru

Ahh thanks for replies that's cleared that one up.

Edit: Does the LN have a cold opening similar to the manga?
Old 2012-04-22, 11:59   Link #613
whsie

Quote:
Ahh thanks for replies that's cleared that one up.

Edit: Does the LN have a cold opening similar to the manga?
As far as I'm aware of, the manga opens with the Ice Pillar Scene in volume 4 of the LN. So the LN and manga are different in that respect, but the rest are similar. Miyuki's displeasure with Tatsuya's weed rank and Tatsuya's meeting with Mayumi are the same.
Old 2012-04-22, 12:16   Link #614
Hucaru

Thanks for the clarification.
Old 2012-04-22, 19:05   Link #615
silvercrow108
Tempest of Conviction

Can anyone plz upload or give me summaries for arc 1 coz the mediafire link is deleted and i cant find it anywhere plz........
Old 2012-04-22, 19:24   Link #616
EnigmaticAxiom

There is no summary for arc 1 yet. I was going to go back, but some translators became active, though they've become inactive again. I'm reading through Arc 4 right now. Honestly, I'm still kinda too lazy to read through arc 1 since the spoilers throughout the thread flesh it out. I'll think about reading through it at some point in time.

Spoiler for Summary Links:
Old 2012-04-23, 01:39   Link #617
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Ch.05 is out.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Renegade334; 2012-04-23 at 02:44.
Old 2012-04-23, 05:20   Link #618
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Ch.05 is out.

Spoiler:
Thanks Ren! I just downloaded it on jcafe!
Old 2012-04-23, 06:21   Link #619
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 2012-04-23, 06:51   Link #620
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Thanks Ren! I just downloaded it on jcafe!
I cannot find it! Where is the link? Is it on Novel Shoppu?
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings