AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-10-12, 12:41   Link #1
Pilly
Anime watcher

Tower of God

So I just started reading this, and I realized that there isn't a topic on this amazing manhwa at animesuki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summary from Mangafox
What do you desire? Fortune? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpasses all others? What ever you desire, 'that is here'. Tower of God.
Join Twenty-Fifth Baam as climbs each level of the Tower to find his beloved friend, Lahel. Facing from impossible missions to mind bending puzzles as he uses any means necessary to reach the top.
Pilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 19:19   Link #2
Xion Valkyrie

I'm actually more surprised that the Koreans have embraced the whole web comics/web presence thing. I wonder if anyone can give some type of background on the whole development.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 02:18   Link #3
jzmagic
flargansbog

I'm surprised there's no activity here. This really is an amazing web comic, and it's become quite popular over at some other forums discussions. I really suggest people give this a shot.

Anyways, I thought I'd add the genres:
Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Mystery, Romance, Webtoons
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 06:16   Link #4
Ashaman

The Black March must be pissed at being lost

And Baam is being such a player. no one can say no to him.
Old 2011-02-27, 07:26   Link #5
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

This is the most epic manwha I've read in a long time, period.

It's just so...right. The action is glorious; the comedy's funny; the characters, even if there's like a fifty of them already, are pretty distinctive; and the story's got a lot of mysteries to explain and epic twists just waiting to happen. Win and nothing but win.

Mind, I kind of miss Baam's old outfit. Somehow the dandyish black and red was kinda...princely? Lol.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 09:57   Link #6
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
I'm actually more surprised that the Koreans have embraced the whole web comics/web presence thing. I wonder if anyone can give some type of background on the whole development.
It's no surprised for me seeing so many MMOs coming from South Korea.
I don't like its long page format though. I prefer ordinary comics' format. They're easier to read and better to convert into tankoubon format like manga. I hate reading a page that is too long. It's quite cumbersome.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 13:44   Link #7
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
There's a major "portal" site (think our yahoo...before google conquers all) in Korea called Naver. It is pretty instrumental, at least as a platform, for aspiring young webtoon authors to get exposed and develop.

Here's how it works:
Quote:
Let me explain the webtoon system a bit.
In Naver (which where I read most of my webtoons), there are 3 main catagories: 1) 도전 만화 Challenge Manhwa; 2) 베스토 도전 Best Challenge; 3) 웹툰 Webtoon
1) Challenge Manhwa is for anybody. Anyone from any skill can post their webtoons up here. Most of the people are just people doing this for fun. Some are very serious about this and are amateurs with very good skill. After a while, if a Challege manhwa webtoon starts to gain popularity, it moves up to Best Challenge.
2) Best Challenge is the cream of the crop of the Challenge Manhwa webtoons. These people have been selected by Naver and promoted depending on their populairty and quality of their webtoons. If a Best Challenge webtoon has been extremely popular and has great quality, Naver will promote them to Webtoon.
3) Webtoon is the best of the best. This is where they are actually paid. They become full-time professional webtoon artists and they are paid for their work. The more popular webtoons are paid more. When a best challenge webtoon moves up to this catagorey, they have to start all over. To improve the quality of the webtoon, all the artists are required to revise their work.
-This is the basic pattern amateur artists have to go through, but if the artist is a professional or has already been published as a webtoon artist, they may be excluded from this process.

Some series that made it from challenge manhwa to the webtoon page: Pink Lady, Cheese in the Trap, Song of the Cloud, Noblesse, etc.
Some series that do not have to go through this process:Annarasumanara's author is a professional artist and has had one of his series on Naver webtoon's before. Thus, he does not have to prove his skills again.
Nineteen, Twenty-one's author and artist made it all the way to webtoons with Pet Diary a few years ago. So, they do not have to go through the whole process.
Botox's Hwang Mi Ri is a very famous professional manhwa artist. She's considered one of the most legendary of Korean shoujo manhwas (one of the earliest Korea shoujo artists to get published in Japan), and so she does not have to go through the whole process.

Depending on star ranking and hits, the pay for the author's differ. So, to show your support for your favorite series, please visit the webtoon page of the series and increase their hit number!
Originally posted by yuko1909 at webtoonlive.com, the people who very recently have been scanlating a lot of Korean webtoons.

As for the history of it I'm no expert to be telling tales. If I am allowed to speculate however I'd say Korea's relatively less developed manwha publishing industry versus Japan's highly developed manga industry means more opportunity for newer, more innovative approaches. Most Japanese authors and readers interact through more established conventional routes because their system is a lot more sophisticated and much larger in scope, able to accommodate authors and readers with diverse niches and demands.

P.S. I think Tower of God is already a "Webtoon" so it won't have to restart all over again.
Old 2011-02-27, 15:19   Link #8
Soraya21

Didn't even realize there was even a thread for this series here. Great manhwa & the few that I follow regularly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I don't like its long page format though. I prefer ordinary comics' format. They're easier to read and better to convert into tankoubon format like manga. I hate reading a page that is too long. It's quite cumbersome.
I'm of the opposite mind. I actually prefer the manhwa in this long, simple format, chapter page loads neatly all at once and involves a lot less clicking on my worn-out left button laptop.
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 23:10   Link #9
Kunagisa

I must thank Pilly for making this topic and people recently for participating in the discussion. This manwha is bloody awesome. I'm on chapter 8 and I'm already hooked. The only qualm I have at the moment is that each chapter seems too short, but the scrolling format is much more desirable than constantly flipping (though this lacks the awesome double pagers).
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 01:50   Link #10
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

*BUMP*

Koon, you magnificent bastard! I knew he had plans within plans to counter the Ranker, but whoa.

That said, I'm not counting the Ranker out yet. There's a reason the author ends the cliffhanger here, I fear...

P.S. I actually got a hunch that he is somehow secretly a she for a bit during some of the earlier chapters. I think it's because I thought he was drawn vaguely feminine especially in a scene where he was clipping up his hair [when Baam was unconscious for a while], as well as the part about his mother warning him not to trust anyone. I dismissed that hunch by now though that the art settles down more and he seems perfectly male after all, if a bit of a very pretty salaryman (lol).
Old 2011-04-15, 13:58   Link #11
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

What’s the release schedule?
Old 2011-04-15, 16:51   Link #12
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
I actually think that Team A got it, forcing Team B to have to catch the ranker in order for Baam to proceed to the next stage. Anak will be awarded points since she's the one that escaped, so she can proceed to the next stage as well.

I feel like Baam-Androssi tag-team will be the one to catch the ranker, with Baam utilizing multiple rooms. Ho will try to do something to Lahel, and Baam will once again do something crazy and catch the ranker off guard. At which point, Androssi being Androssi, does the tagging.

Huzzah for pure speculation.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 18:06   Link #13
Soraya21

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
What’s the release schedule?
I believe raws come out every Sunday while The Company gets their scanlations out a week after, give or take a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianWing View Post
I feel like Baam-Androssi tag-team will be the one to catch the ranker, with Baam utilizing multiple rooms. Ho will try to do something to Lahel, and Baam will once again do something crazy and catch the ranker off guard. At which point, Androssi being Androssi, does the tagging.

Truthfully, I don't see that happening. First, it will revel to everyone that Baam is an irregular if he's able to beat Quant in such a way & imo that's a revelation that's too soon to make at this stage of the game. Second, they made a huge deal that even when severely gimped, a ranker is still a ranker and is one who isn't easily overpowered through either strength or numbers.

Well anyways, Team B's main handicap is that the group lacks brainpower, aka. anyone intelligent enough like Koon or Leesoo to formulate a plan and lead the team to victory. The only one who might fit the bill is Lahel, but again, we don't know how smart she really is.
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 03:08   Link #14
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianWing View Post
Huzzah indeed. I was right about the turnaround, but it feels like you're the one who's actually right since the author really pull that one out of his arse lol. Or did he? Why would sleepyhead aided Quant at the very last moment?

...is Koon's smile and comment at the end indicative that he planned that too, just to set the stage for Baam?

Am I the only one who thinks that the Koon x Baam (order indicative) deserves a lot of BL fangirls' squee?
Old 2011-04-18, 09:58   Link #15
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Koon did it on purpose. Are they all stupid, haven’t they noticed yet the guy doesn’t just lose it like that, ever. It was such a obvious act.
Old 2011-04-23, 07:41   Link #16
Bombo
TSF Fans

I love this Manga tbh
action moments comedy ans story
I love it and more with colored <3
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 00:03   Link #17
Grey

Hahaha, Androssi's pretty clever. It's funny how simple but effective her plan was. But it's lucky the Ranker didn't have godly eyesight.

A fun manhwa. This and Knight Run are the only ones I ever read on naver. But then both are very visual.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 05:51   Link #18
Dorsai

You just realise it now? She just like simple solutions, but it not means she is stupid ;p And she have problem with self-confidence, which sometimes cause her problems because of bad luck ;p

Lol there are a lot good korean webcomics and not only in shounen genre... Try some more and you will see...

Felix it was obvious for readers, because author gives a lot of hints (im curious if you understand full plan after first hint or only after last?)... But its not that easy for his teamplayers... Im pretty sure you would be like them if you would be member of his team...
Old 2011-06-25, 05:22   Link #19
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Epic end to an epic arc. While Team A's round was a "game," a struggle of teamwork and planning (+ just a little bit of Koon's mischief), Team B's is all battlefield and betrayals, even death. Androssi was really the only one in both teams who has the raw power to go toe-to-toe with a (handicapped) Ranker, and she made the most of it.

I kind of want to see the scorers' judgement like in Team A, if only for the "who the hell is that kid" reactions, though with the whole team getting a victory pass...
Old 2011-06-25, 07:42   Link #20
Dorsai

You know after Evankhell floor test they will create their own team, it will be enough badass moments with probably Baam, Androssi, Laure, Koon and maybe Anak too ;p

Yeaa chapter was epic, but most important and enjoyable moment is Yuri come back ;p

Tags
action-adventure, fantasy world, harem, manhwa, revenge