AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-09, 15:56   Link #1621
hinakatbklyn

If the last round was any indication, I could already figure who the final 4 will be in the final match. But at this rate, anything is possible.

(1) Byakuran may be strong enough to at least challenge Izaya, but I don't think Izaya will lose there. Question now is will Kazuha keep it close or will Mikoto end this match early and have Mikoto and Izaya in the final match?

(2) Haruhi, one of only 2 challengers still active to actually be on a team that actually advanced first ahead of Mikoto's team (first round with Elric).
It's unlikely that Haruhi will get another chance at a rematch with Shouta as her partner and Ai/Kudo as her opponents. I see Ai and Kudo as the other 2 challengers in the final match.
Old 2011-01-10, 00:28   Link #1622
broken270
Defying gravity

Semi-finals ... loading ...

1. The strongest team was created too early. With yet another big boost from Mikoto and Izaya being as strong as usual, for the two to be a night make could spell trouble for anyone. The only way Kazuha and Byakuran would be able to surpass them is if Conan united to take Mikoto down while Byakuran keeps it close with Izaya for Kazuha to do everything else.

2. On paper, Haruhi and Shouta are the weakest participants left and are going against a strong Team Conan. I do not think I have seen Haruhi break 1000 votes yet, so that puts Shouta on a bad position who can pass 1000, but just barely. Ai and Shinichi look to have this match in their favor. It would literally take a miracle for Haruhi an Shouta to surpass them.
Old 2011-01-11, 10:09   Link #1623
hinakatbklyn

(1) Misaka Mikoto (Railgun/Index) / Izaya (Durarara) (Hoping for Mikoto to continue on to the finals.)
Old 2011-01-11, 10:26   Link #1624
exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
(1) Misaka Mikoto (Railgun/Index) / Izaya (Durarara) (Hoping for Mikoto to continue on to the finals.)
Double that.
Old 2011-01-11, 13:33   Link #1625
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
Triple that
MAL
Old 2011-01-11, 13:55   Link #1626
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Voted for biribiri
Old 2011-01-11, 14:56   Link #1627
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Not much left for the "moe'" option is there?
Old 2011-01-11, 16:28   Link #1628
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Not much left for the "moe'" option is there?
Mikoto and Haruhi are the only real options left, if they both fail this round then I couldn't care less about the finals .
MAL
Old 2011-01-11, 16:30   Link #1629
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Mikoto and Haruhi are the only real options left, if they both fail this round then I couldn't care less about the finals .
It's ok, you've done a lot more caring than me. I can't believe this is still going on and well... lol.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-01-11, 18:01   Link #1630
broken270
Defying gravity

Semi-finals ... Start!

1. Mikoto & Izaya
Old 2011-01-12, 09:10   Link #1631
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

BIRIBIRI!
Only real moe character left. (I don't like haruhi)

It'd be lol if she win with a female populated contest. It would show that Mikoto is even popular with girls.
Old 2011-01-12, 09:45   Link #1632
hinakatbklyn

Mikoto will get her chance to win here. Even with the outside chance of an upset, Mikoto and Izaya still advanced to the finals. Mikoto may of had a drop in votes, but it was still more than the other challengers (Including her partner Izaya).

(2) Haruhi Suzumiya / Shouta Kazehaya (Kimi no Todoke) (Tough match against Ai and Kudo.)
Old 2011-01-12, 10:02   Link #1633
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
BIRIBIRI!
Only real moe character left. (I don't like haruhi)

It'd be lol if she win with a female populated contest. It would show that Mikoto is even popular with girls.
Previous stats did indicate that Mikoto is popular with girls. All the Railgun characters do surprisingly well with females. Their only problem is that majority of female Korean voters have habit of considering the series before the characters themselves, thus their votes suffer when matched up against characters from certain powerhouse series.
Old 2011-01-12, 10:04   Link #1634
exec

Haruhi Suzumiya
Old 2011-01-12, 14:50   Link #1635
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by exec View Post
Haruhi Suzumiya
Same and looks like I'll be voting in the final round after all , though hoping for Mikoto vs Haruhi end xD.
MAL
Old 2011-01-12, 20:02   Link #1636
broken270
Defying gravity

Mikoto doing better that Izaya? Is he just taking it easy? Still, Byakuran did make it close with Izaya; Kazuha did not give him enough back-up over Mikoto.

1. Haruhi & Shouta. (I still think Ai and Shinichi are going to win. I really cannot see either of them, even in working together, defeating these two.)
Old 2011-01-13, 09:48   Link #1637
hinakatbklyn

Uh, am I reading these results correctly? Haruhi and Shouta not only won the team match, but both had more votes than their individual opponent. (Haruhi over Ai and Shouta over Kudo)

I didn't think it would happen to Kudo, but the results confirm that every challenger who partnered with Mikoto one round was eliminated the very next round.

One guarantee for the final match is Mikoto and Haruhi will have a rematch from the first round to determine who will win their first ever (assuming Haruhi didn't win outside of K-Moe, ISML or J-Saimoe). Question now is who will Izaya and Shouta partner with? I will side with Mikoto for sure, but Haruhi will be an OK choice if she wins.

Last edited by hinakatbklyn; 2011-01-13 at 09:58.
Old 2011-01-13, 10:16   Link #1638
wontaek

Here is to hoping that we get Mikoto-Kazehaya vs Haruhi-Izaya match for the final.
Old 2011-01-13, 11:58   Link #1639
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Biribiri is partnered with Izaya, it would appear she/they will win.
Old 2011-01-13, 12:18   Link #1640
hinakatbklyn

It could of been a closer match had Mikoto and Izaya been on opposite sides. But after Haruhi and Shouta's win over the Conan pairing, I won't try and make any predictions even though Mikoto and Izaya's votes have been consistently higher in each of their previous rounds.

Tags
saimoe