Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-01-03, 19:08   Link #19681
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by helois View Post
the Gadelaza reminds me too much a big (Tau Drive) penis!
That's because all the other GNMA were piloted by women.
Old 2011-01-03, 19:26   Link #19682
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by helois View Post
i don't like it!

i prefer Alvatore and Regnant..

the Gadelaza reminds me too much a big (Tau Drive) penis!
Then you sir, are a Nazi.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 04:58   Link #19683
helois

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Then you sir, are a Nazi.

if Gadelaza has a mobile suit mode maybe i'd like it,but the thing "open" with the tiny arms..
the only good point in the Gadelaza is the enormous quantity of fangs..
and the form of the fangs..

sorry..
helois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 14:21   Link #19684
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
I got this off another forum, have they been posted yet?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_YF1tNfQVN8...Yc/s1600/1.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_YF1tNfQVN8...Ik/s1600/2.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_YF1tNfQVN8...ZY/s1600/3.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_YF1tNfQVN8...9Y/s1600/4.jpg

It's a custom Susanowo/Brave kitbash called "Masakado".

Man, where do they get the idea for these awesome designs?
Old 2011-01-04, 14:56   Link #19685
TheGame2K5

I have a newb question for you all. I just got back into building gundams, last ones were endless waltz models. My question is about the action bases. Is there anywhere to get name stickers for the name plates? I didnt see anything on the sticker sheet with MG Exia that looked like it would work. Thanks for your help.
TheGame2K5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 19:34   Link #19686
optics

Got these in today.

1x MG Aile Strike Gundam
2x MG Sword/Launcher Strike Gundam
3x Clear Action Base
1x Black Fine Point Marker
2x Decals
Plus a free magnet and pen….

These should be a quick build.
optics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 06:49   Link #19687
Butagami

Quote:
Originally Posted by optics View Post
Got these in today.

1x MG Aile Strike Gundam
2x MG Sword/Launcher Strike Gundam
3x Clear Action Base
1x Black Fine Point Marker
2x Decals
Plus a free magnet and pen….

These should be a quick build.
I hope you'll post pics of the finished result. I expect some awesome poses!
Doesn't the Aile at least come with it's own display stand?
Butagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 06:50   Link #19688
optics

1 down... I didn't add the decals yet. Just noticed the decals I bought were water decals. Never messed with those yet.

Old 2011-01-05, 07:41   Link #19689
optics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butagami View Post
I hope you'll post pics of the finished result. I expect some awesome poses!
Doesn't the Aile at least come with it's own display stand?
Yeah, they all come with a display stand. Aile comes with that launch pad while the other comes with some basic one. I got those Clear Action Base ones because I wanted to keep them all looking the same. They'll all eventually be connected.

I hope to have some awesome poses. Once I get them all built, I'll have an even better vision of how they should be. Like right now, I didn't think Freedom was gonna be that low and I want Freedom to be lower than SF, but higher than the Strikes.
Old 2011-01-05, 07:41   Link #19690
Butagami

Quote:
1 down... I didn't add the decals yet. Just noticed the decals I bought were water decals. Never messed with those yet.

wow, that was fast.
Old 2011-01-05, 07:50   Link #19691
optics

Yeah, it was like 3 hrs just for Strike w/out the Aile Striker pack. I didn't panel line the inner frame though, it was dark enough. Panel lined almost everything else. I'll be doing all the little touch ups after I build the other 2 kits. Hopefully I'll get all that done before MG Deathscythe comes in.
Old 2011-01-05, 08:37   Link #19692
Butagami

Quote:
Yeah, it was like 3 hrs just for Strike w/out the Aile Striker pack. I didn't panel line the inner frame though, it was dark enough. Panel lined almost everything else. I'll be doing all the little touch ups after I build the other 2 kits. Hopefully I'll get all that done before MG Deathscythe comes in.
A busy man, aren't you? I've only got 3 kits, but I'll order a Zabanya soon and after that, maybe a MG...
Old 2011-01-05, 08:43   Link #19693
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
A busy man, aren't you? I've only got 3 kits, but I'll order a Zabanya soon and after that, maybe a MG...
Will it be your first MG?
Old 2011-01-05, 08:51   Link #19694
Butagami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Will it be your first MG?
yeah, all I got now is a hg 1/144 Exia, a 00R of the same and a 1/100 Wing Zero.
Got any tips for me? Beginner-mistakes to avoid and such? A MG is something i definitely don't want to mess up
Old 2011-01-05, 09:30   Link #19695
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
yeah, all I got now is a hg 1/144 Exia, a 00R of the same and a 1/100 Wing Zero.
Got any tips for me? Beginner-mistakes to avoid and such? A MG is something i definitely don't want to mess up
Well, the first thing I would recommend would be to do some research on the kit you're going to buy. They're pretty expensive, so you don't want to regret your choice. The most important things to look for would be the balance and any issues with the joints, and if your planning to pose it look to see if comes with a stand. Secondly, when you're actually taking them out of the runners (which you want to be careful with: I've actually broken several pieces because I wasn't bracing them when I was cutting them out, and I've never had that problem with HG 1/144 kits) and putting them on: The slots are actually very tight, so you need to apply enough force to connect them but not enough to snap them in half.

Same with connecting the limbs: They typically "snap" together, so you need to be careful with the force, and the joints will actually move on you. And whatever you do: Don't lose the pieces; some of them are so small it's easy to mistake them for dust or crumbs, and are a major pain to replace. The decals, if the kit comes with them and you chose to actually use them, can be a pain to place sometimes, and I don't think the designers actually tested the decals themselves. In any case, just be cautious and it'll come together nicely.

For the record, my first MG was the Wing Gundam Ver. Ka., and it's probably my favorite of the ones I've put together.
Old 2011-01-05, 10:04   Link #19696
Sworra

Quote:

Can you take some close up pics on your Strike? would like to see different angles if you don't mind?
Old 2011-01-05, 10:37   Link #19697
velocity7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
I got this off another forum, have they been posted yet?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_YF1tNfQVN8...Yc/s1600/1.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_YF1tNfQVN8...Ik/s1600/2.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_YF1tNfQVN8...ZY/s1600/3.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_YF1tNfQVN8...9Y/s1600/4.jpg

It's a custom Susanowo/Brave kitbash called "Masakado".

Man, where do they get the idea for these awesome designs?
This kitbash is actually in the Hobby Japan Feb. magazine, in the same feature covering the GN Sword IV Full Saber. I believe Full Saber parts are used here as well.

Never mind the fact there are kitbashes for the 0 Gundam, MG 00 Qan[T] (scratch-build), Beginning Gundam (?!), etc.
Old 2011-01-05, 16:15   Link #19698
Butagami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Well, the first thing I would recommend would be to do some research on the kit you're going to buy. They're pretty expensive, so you don't want to regret your choice. The most important things to look for would be the balance and any issues with the joints, and if your planning to pose it look to see if comes with a stand. Secondly, when you're actually taking them out of the runners (which you want to be careful with: I've actually broken several pieces because I wasn't bracing them when I was cutting them out, and I've never had that problem with HG 1/144 kits) and putting them on: The slots are actually very tight, so you need to apply enough force to connect them but not enough to snap them in half.

Same with connecting the limbs: They typically "snap" together, so you need to be careful with the force, and the joints will actually move on you. And whatever you do: Don't lose the pieces; some of them are so small it's easy to mistake them for dust or crumbs, and are a major pain to replace. The decals, if the kit comes with them and you chose to actually use them, can be a pain to place sometimes, and I don't think the designers actually tested the decals themselves. In any case, just be cautious and it'll come together nicely.

For the record, my first MG was the Wing Gundam Ver. Ka., and it's probably my favorite of the ones I've put together.
Wow, thanks for that!

I think I'll go for the MG Freedom Gundam, since I haven't got any Seed-kits yet and I think it's beautiful, and since that one comes with it's own stand, that won't be a problem either. Balancing might be a problem what with those huge wings (That must be even worse with your Wing Ver. Ka. , right?), but the stand kind of nullifies that ^^. As for breaking pieces....that's my greatest fear when building You're probably in the same "break something and you're screwed" boat as me, or can you order parts in the US as well? I have no idea how to put on decals, or even how to distinguish them from waterslides (don't know how to put those on either). My 00R came with what I think are some waterslides, but I can't even get them of the paper properly -.-'

I also read about gundam marker that makes the places where the parts were on the runner less obvious, but I forgot what they're called. Do you know what I mean? I would be a nice addition to my current marker-collection (1 black one).

By the way, how many MG's do you have? and which ones do you recommend?
Old 2011-01-05, 17:47   Link #19699
Sworra

Quote:
Wow, thanks for that!

I think I'll go for the MG Freedom Gundam, since I haven't got any Seed-kits yet and I think it's beautiful, and since that one comes with it's own stand, that won't be a problem either. Balancing might be a problem what with those huge wings (That must be even worse with your Wing Ver. Ka. , right?), but the stand kind of nullifies that ^^. As for breaking pieces....that's my greatest fear when building You're probably in the same "break something and you're screwed" boat as me, or can you order parts in the US as well? I have no idea how to put on decals, or even how to distinguish them from waterslides (don't know how to put those on either). My 00R came with what I think are some waterslides, but I can't even get them of the paper properly -.-'

I also read about gundam marker that makes the places where the parts were on the runner less obvious, but I forgot what they're called. Do you know what I mean? I would be a nice addition to my current marker-collection (1 black one).

By the way, how many MG's do you have? and which ones do you recommend?
Cool that your first MG's is a Freedom Gundam. Alot of people that built their first MG was the Freedom so its a easy MG for a beginner. About your problem with decals, there are tutorials on on putting them on, just have to identify if they are water or dry based decals.
here is a link on a tutorial for decals.

Wet decals - http://www.ghostofzeon.com/diy/water.../decalapp.html

Dry decals - http://forum.zerogunz.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1715

You were saying something about markers, what you are trying to do is hide the nub mark that is left on your piece after you cut it from the runners. Bandai made set markers that you can color in the nub mark so its not so obvious to see them.

Here is a link for the markers - http://www.hlj.com/product/GNZGMS109

Hope this helps. Enjoy
Old 2011-01-05, 18:00   Link #19700
optics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
Can you take some close up pics on your Strike? would like to see different angles if you don't mind?
I'll be taking more once they're all done.

I think I'm at the point where I can pretty much build the 3rd Strike without using the manual.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy