AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-02-11, 06:56   Link #181
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laith View Post
The numbers are enjoying their screentime in Vivid, (Different planet actually but hey) so no there will be not (admittedly awesome) Numbers reinforcement.
Desperate measure: Since the Bureau loves their Penal Batallion, bail Sette and Tre. At least unlike the Forwards they can fly (and unlike the others they have no Vivid screen time to enjoy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
Sides, its a story with conflict, a body count, and a poison that will destroy the world. They have no intention on being nice, holding your hand, or using kind words. thats why its concurrent with Vivid.
I would have believed all the "this is war!", "it's supposed to be darker", "there's WAR in the title" sentiment, had the writers screwed every protagonist.

Instead, they spared just Nanoha and Fate. Oh, look, another NanoFate moment! Tehee! (War my a**)

Now don't take me wrong. I love Nanoha and I don't really care about shipping(no personal preference besides NanohaxJob, anyway, but I don't hate any pairing), but I do care when the plot got stupid because of it. Nanoha (she's supposed to be a hot shot instructor, remember?) got handed the Idiot Ball of chasing Touma, ignoring DeVille hot on her tail, just so plot-wise Fate can get her Prince-to-the-Rescue moment.

If this is how all TSAB elites operate, I fear for the future of the organization and the people they've sworn to protect.

Spoiler for Maybe this is what was inscribed in their War Memorial:

And I miss Chrono. Is there a chance for him to be demoted so he can return to the field? IIRC it happened to Kirk, right? Having him snark on the whole situation seems nice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
So you'd rather see the good guys come out on top when they're facing foes with abilities they've never encountered before, are ill prepared for, using equipment they aren't used to, that pretty much goes against the way they've fought for over 15 years...
I prefer that the protagonist know their limit and ditch that "We can end this today" attitude. Know your enemy, know yourself. They should have learn from what happened to Signum, not repeat them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Maybe a series about Fate's children adventures where she goes and randomly saves kids from their situations in life.
I myself prefers a Nanoha's rise to glory, anyway (but considering how badly tactics were handled in Force, maybe not anymore )

Quote:
And instead of that movie *grumble grumble*, I, personally, would have LOVED a SSX OVA.
Now this is something we can agree on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
The complaints about Touma were as much about him being a guy ("Waaaaaah! We want our lesbians baaaaaaaack!") as anything else.
I'm gonna have to agree with this. Had Touma been female (and Isis and Lily remains so, too) I doubt the backlash would have been that intense.

Hmm, I wonder what the reaction would've been had this been a two-guys and a girl situation instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
The latest battle feels choppy at best. Subaru's hesitation to act is understandable but a bit awkward, Nanoha's 'Fortress' felt badly named, Fate's participation as of late feels incredibly underwhelming, etc.
I still blame the mangaka's inability to make good action scenes (as was the case of Shina Dark). He can make cool still poses, but not combat scenes.
___

If Tsuzuki really wanted a bloody magitech War Story, he should have made an entirely new series instead. And do some decent World Building so he won't have to make up things afterwards.

PS: Page claim for Tsuzuki to do more research beyond playing SRW.

Last edited by Tiresias; 2011-02-11 at 09:32.
Tiresias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 10:08   Link #182
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Hmm, I wonder what the reaction would've been had this been a two-guys and a girl situation instead?
75% of the fanboys would have dropped the show like a searing hot brick, and would have been replaced by an equal number of squealing fangirls.

The only difference we'd notice would be the pitch in the fans' voices.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 10:10   Link #183
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
*Imagines Touma as a girl, Lily and Isis as guys and sweats*

Oh dear.

The doujin-ka would be all over that in a heartbeat!

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 10:20   Link #184
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I'm surprised we haven't seen any genderbends yet.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 10:21   Link #185
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I'm surprised we haven't seen any genderbends yet.
No clue.

*Imagines Rule 63 Forwards* ...

Oh dear.

Old 2011-02-11, 12:01   Link #186
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Hm, genderbent Force characters?

... Fortis would look exactly the same
Old 2011-02-11, 12:03   Link #187
Justin_Brett

Except with hair-braids.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 12:07   Link #188
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Hm, genderbent Force characters?

... Fortis would look exactly the same
Don't understimate genderbent doujins, just watch what they're able to do to Nagato xD(i swear i thinked that a genderbent version of her will be nearly identical just less curvey and having a more male eyes, but instead we got Kyouya Otori from Ouran with purple hair xD).

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 12:38   Link #189
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Sheesh, guys, when I checked in here and saw 87 new posts since yesterday, I thought the latest chapter was translatated. But no, it was just you again bitching about the new villains and about bitching about the new villains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
No clue.

*Imagines Rule 63 Forwards* ...

Oh dear.
Isaac Egret: "I'll definitely protect you, Thomako! No matter what happens to you, I'll be your friend!"
Old 2011-02-11, 12:45   Link #190
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
Isaac Egret: "I'll definitely protect you, Thomako! No matter what happens to you, I'll be your friend!"
Scary xDU

...and for some reason i realy doubt the mangaka has drawed Lily's naughty bits if she was male xD.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2011-02-11 at 15:32.
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 12:56   Link #191
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
...and for some reason i realy doubt the mangaka has drawed Lily's naughty bits if she was male xD.
Actually, I still fail to imagine Male!Lily despite my sincerest efforts. The other two were easy, seeing how Isis is by far the most GAR person in their group, anyway.
Old 2011-02-11, 15:23   Link #192
Justin_Brett

*shrug*

I'm not apologizing for bitching about poor writing.
Old 2011-02-11, 15:47   Link #193
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
I think they having a few pages less each month which is constraining their talent a bit.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 21:23   Link #194
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Sheesh, guys, when I checked in here and saw 87 new posts since yesterday, I thought the latest chapter was translatated. But no, it was just you again bitching about the new villains and about bitching about the new villains.
Nah, all the bitching of poor writing was just us practicing for when the actual chapter gets translated, MWAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
75% of the fanboys would have dropped the show like a searing hot brick, and would have been replaced by an equal number of squealing fangirls.

The only difference we'd notice would be the pitch in the fans' voices.
I must admit, after a goodnight sleep the idea now sounds less silly than I thought :

Quote:
Don't understimate genderbent doujins, just watch what they're able to do to Nagato xD(i swear i thinked that a genderbent version of her will be nearly identical just less curvey and having a more male eyes, but instead we got Kyouya Otori from Ouran with purple hair xD).
Yeah, that surprised me too

Quote:
Scary xDU

Oh no, that would be BatNipples all over again

Quote:
Actually, I still fail to imagine Male!Lily despite my sincerest efforts. The other two were easy, seeing how Isis is by far the most GAR person in their group, anyway.
It's because Lyle has absolutely no boyish features . Touko has a girlish face and Isaac is indeed the most GAR of all three

Last edited by Tiresias; 2011-02-11 at 21:50.
Tiresias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 21:29   Link #195
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

I feel sorry for Touko...

Then again...

Old 2011-02-11, 22:55   Link #196
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

I don't see anything in Force that I'd count towards poor writing.
Old 2011-02-11, 23:24   Link #197
Justin_Brett

Well, as just an example, Raiser, at least in my mind: the Huckebeins are largely in this story to serve as threatening antagonists to Section Six, yeah? Well, why are Section Six the ones going after them? ...because they can serve as a major threat to Section Six, and people around their level of power.

Because even if you make a big deal about a new guy being this story's antagonist, Nanoha still has to appear. If they were just normal mercenaries, they could probably serve as fine antagonists for -just- Touma, but that's not marketable.
Old 2011-02-11, 23:42   Link #198
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

So you're saying bringing back the old cast was poor writing? If they were brought back in some contrite way I'd agree with you, but seeing as how Hayate is in a pretty high position with plenty of experience under her belt, it's pretty natural that she'd be assigned to such a case.
Old 2011-02-11, 23:56   Link #199
Justin_Brett

No, no, no - I'm saying that making a villain really strong purely so you have an excuse to bring back the old cast is bad writing.

I was personally looking forward to a cast of characters outside the Bureau. I was...disappointed a bit.
Old 2011-02-12, 00:04   Link #200
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

And how exactly do you know the author's intent? Did you peer inside his head and see that the Huckebein are that strong only so the old cast have people to fight? Hell, it's shown that Thoma can take them all down single handedly if he wanted to.

Besides, having people the heros can fight are the sole reason villains exist in the first place!

Tags
manga, nanoha force