AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-02-27, 08:10   Link #961
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Not compressed, converted.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 08:15   Link #962
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Not compressed, converted.
Converted into what? What exactly does Strike Cannons fire?

Magic power --> undescribed conversion process --> ??? bullets
Old 2011-02-27, 08:18   Link #963
Jimmy C

Not bullets, kinetic impact.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 08:32   Link #964
Miles Teg

It's the translation for the Force NEXT 01, that come from this sub-forum but I don't know who has done it (and I am too lazy to search )

Quote:
CW-AEC02X "Strike Cannon"

This weapon is an not a "magical device" (hereinafter referred to as "device"), but an armed interface being produced as a "magic-driven weapon."

It is developed and manufactured with the order of the TSAB Mid-Childa headquarters, by the Weizen-based device manufacturer Caledfwlch Technics, for medium range air/land artillery duels. Currently testing is being carried out in the Takamachi team of Squadron 5. The person in responsible of the testing is the leader of the Takamachi team, Captain Nanoha Takamachi (25). As a gesture of courtesy by Caledfwlch Technics, the weapon has been painted in "Strato Blue" and "Shine White" in accordance with the personal call colour of Captain Takamachi. (Also, Unit 02 of the same model has been painted in "Magma Red" and "Sapphire Black" in accordance with the personal call colour of First Lieutenant Vita, the co-leader of the Takamachi Team.)

Usually magical devices channel the magical power of the users and directly output it as "bullets" or "barriers."* However, the core function of the CW Series of armed interfaces (including the aforementioned model) is to instantly convert the users' magical power into impact shocks, solid destruction cannon fire, protective barriers and etc. Therefore, they are effective counter weapons against enemy devices with magic neutralization property such as "AMF" or "Zero Effect." They are also test devices for the "personal-size practical high-speed magic conversion technology."

Nevertheless, a problem unveiled during the testing stage is the lack of sufficient strength and reaction speed of the instruction team members. As a result, only Captain Takamachi's Unit 01 is planned to be put into field testing. Technical Officer and Device Chief Atenza Mariel is now optimizing the Unit for Captain Takamachi's exclusive use.

Although little information has been disclosed, it is known that the long gun barrel has the function of rail accleration in its "Open" mode. In its "Close" mode, the weapon may be used as "Assault Lance" or "Heavy Sword."

* Magical devices have two different kinds of output methods: the 'User Cross Link' method which constantly circulates the user's magical power in the device and stabilize it; and the 'Direct boost' method which focuses on strengthening and accelerating the user's magic output.

Raising Heart Excelion (Standalone Flight Mode)

"Raising Heart Excelion" is the magical device owned by Captain Nanoha Takamachi.

As an intelligent device capable of autonomous behaviour, "she" has a female voice and personality.

The original form of the device is a highly classical "Mage's staff." Ever since Captain Takamachi has met the device as a 9-year-old child, almost the entirety of her magic career has been spent with "her".

Raising Heart has also been watching the growth of Captain Takamachi: from a young master to the Captain of the Bureau. Even though Captain Takamachi is now a mother of a child, Raising Heart still continues to be her partner in the sky and in life, and regards it a pride to be "the staff that supports Nanoha Takamachi."

In "her" battle history of over sixteen years, Raising Heart has received several upgrades, from the installation of the "Cartridge System" to the addition of the "Exceed System" and "Blaster Mode." The "Standalone Flight Mode" is the latest upgrade.

The "Standalone Flight Mode" is a mode which Raising Heart autonomously elected to be retrofitted in order to support Captain Takamachi as both of her hands are occupied for the use of Strike Cannon.

In this mode, Raising Heart can behave as a "staff" and directly output the magic power of Captain Takamachi. At the same time, the blade edge, which shares the functions of device protector and flight stabilizer, also has the properties of "cutting weapon."
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 08:44   Link #965
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Looks like you were right on RH not being integrated with the Strike Cannon Tiresias. Standalone flight mode kind of smashes my earlier integration arguments.
Old 2011-02-27, 09:50   Link #966
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

It also answers my question about why they weren't fitting out AEC weaponry for the grunts--apparently you have to be a highly powerful mage just to get the things to work (which, honestly, is right in line with the Bureau's philosophy of having destructive power in the hands of those who have to spend years in training and developing their strength instead of "anyone can pick it up and use it" technology).

One touch I love is the description of the colors. It's so like a real corporation would do--it's not enough to just say that Nanoha's unit is blue and white and Vita's is red and black. Kind of like how my tan car is "sand" according to the manufacturer.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 10:14   Link #967
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
However, the core function of the CW Series of armed interfaces (including the aforementioned model) is to instantly convert the users' magical power into impact shocks, solid destruction cannon fire, protective barriers and etc.
So the weapon fires...Force Push?
Old 2011-02-27, 11:01   Link #968
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Oi, don't dish the push.

But yeah, they're probably taking a page out of the 'pure energy' book and have weapons firing 'pure kinetic energy'
Old 2011-02-27, 11:13   Link #969
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
*Shrugs*

Considering that you could call it that, Ki Blasts, Air Bursts, ETC, does it matter?

Think about wind storms and how dangerous they can be...

A tornado can take even the smallest of objects and turn them into projectiles that are lethal.

So, kinetic energy...

Basically projectiles without mass.

Ouch.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 11:41   Link #970
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
So, kinetic energy...

Basically projectiles without mass.

Ouch.
Not that Karen have much to worry about that xD.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 18:45   Link #971
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Uses force push to fire solid projectiles at ultra high speed if the bit about rail acceleration in open mode is anything to go by.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 18:55   Link #972
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
It also answers my question about why they weren't fitting out AEC weaponry for the grunts-r.
Actually, apparently the War Hammer is slated for mass-production for the grunts. The Strike Cannon is more difficult to handle, but a lower-powered War Hammer seems like it would be something the grunts could use.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 20:07   Link #973
Justin_Brett

So Vita was using the technically weaker weapon at the beginning of the fight? Weird.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 21:11   Link #974
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
well, enemies in this series are getting tougher than ship hulls :P

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 21:18   Link #975
Kaijo
Banned

I wouldn't call it technically weaker. I get the impression that the mass-manufactured versions would be weaker. Vita can simply handle a stronger one.

Though I must admit, I expected Vita to swing with the hammer, not shoot from the tip. It makes her decision to switch to a Strike Cannon later look kinda odd. And I got the impression Plasma Pile was doing more damage to the ship than the Strike Cannon was.
Old 2011-02-27, 22:08   Link #976
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
I wouldn't call it technically weaker. I get the impression that the mass-manufactured versions would be weaker. Vita can simply handle a stronger one.

Though I must admit, I expected Vita to swing with the hammer, not shoot from the tip. It makes her decision to switch to a Strike Cannon later look kinda odd. And I got the impression Plasma Pile was doing more damage to the ship than the Strike Cannon was.
Well, if she was just going to hit things with War Hammer, she could use Graf Eisen for the same purpose and it would probably work better (especially since her Limit Break attacks, unlike Signum's fire attacks, are basically "whack things even harder with an even bigger hammer"). We already know that Belkan magic attacks work fine under AMF conditions, and Signum was able to damage Cypha with Laevatein, it was only that Cypha could regenerate and Laevatein was damaged by the attacks--but if a Belkan Armed Device would be so badly damaged by smashing it into a Huckebein, then I'd think an experimental AEC weapon doing the same thing wouldn't be any stronger...
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 23:34   Link #977
Justin_Brett

Yeah, I dunno either. Gigant Form could probably just bat the whole damn ship into the ocean because of its mass, anti-Device armor or no. But then, so could Voltaire, and Caro's not even around.
Old 2011-02-27, 23:40   Link #978
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Well if voltaire was there, someone else might be back stabbed so

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 23:43   Link #979
Justin_Brett

Just keep her inside the ship.
Old 2011-02-27, 23:56   Link #980
Kaijo
Banned

Caro: "Yeah, why aren't I around?" (taps foot and glares)
Hayate: "Because of that." (Points to a sign that reads: "You must be at least this high to ride in the Wolfram")
Caro: "THAT'S NOT FUNNY!"

Tags
manga, nanoha force