AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-13, 06:35   Link #61
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Has any group stated they're subbing this yet?
Someone call?
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 06:37   Link #62
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouta View Post
Someone call?
Shouta ftw

*downloads*
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 06:48   Link #63
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Thanks for the fast release Shouta.
Old 2009-01-13, 08:01   Link #64
FlyByNite

It's nice to see an anime with a plot that you can't really sit there and go "been there, seen that."

Ballerina chick tears a ligament, quits dancing and winds up driving/piloting a bidepdal robot/motorcycle hybrid machine in the near future in a world taken over by some powerful organization with a potential future conflict on the horizon.

Yea... Can't really say it's ringing a bell that I've watched this show before unlike something like "generic HS boy suddenly has cute girl fall into lap and girl has special powers." type plot.
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 10:19   Link #65
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Pretty ex-ballerina with self-confidence issues riding a hot, transformable bike. I like.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 10:21   Link #66
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm absolutely speechless after watching the first episode. Before watching it and just seeing screenshots, i could tell that the animation quality was easily A+, though seeing it all in motion leaves a completely different impression. I was easily in complete awe through out the whole episode --- and just not by the animation.

The musical score was yet another beautiful part of the experience from the first episode. It was a nice surprise to hear a lovely version of Pictures at an Exhibition by Modest Mussorgsky during the ballet and bike dancing scenes. I do wonder if they plan to use any more classical pieces in this show.

Story may not be anything mind blowing at the moment, though i'm happy the way it is. It doesn't need to be anything detailed when the set-up first episode was that good.

Easily the best show airing at the moment after the first episode. Easily.
Old 2009-01-13, 10:44   Link #67
KrebMarkt
Never do well

Definitively the best new anime for winter 2009.
KrebMarkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 11:17   Link #68
Kouvley

A very impressive start.

The bike sequence in the second half was just spell binding, I sure hope Madhouse can keep this level up.
Kouvley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 11:45   Link #69
PEDOS_GRANDE
MHD != HD

The Rideback story and art gives off the same vibe as 1980s sci-fi manga that most of you don't remember. That's probably why it seems new to a lot of people. But for us old nerds, this is a case of something old being new again. It's nothing new, and it's been done before. Most certainly "fresh" amongst the spam of moe crap we've endured since the late 90s, though.
PEDOS_GRANDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 12:08   Link #70
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Yiiesh. You aren't the only grumpy old man to remember Mospeada and its variants. Don't get too cranky at "young'ens" or you may break a hip.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 12:11   Link #71
PEDOS_GRANDE
MHD != HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Yiiesh. You aren't the only grumpy old man to remember Mospeada and its variants. Don't get too cranky at "young'ens" or you may break a hip.

Nobody getting cranky here, cept maybe you!

The vast majority of suki posters i would imagine are too young to remember the good stuff that Rideback grew out of!

Mospeada wasn't what I was thinking of, either. Mospeada only had mecha-bikes in common with Rideback.
PEDOS_GRANDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 13:12   Link #72
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEDOS_GRANDE View Post
The Rideback story and art gives off the same vibe as 1980s sci-fi manga that most of you don't remember. That's probably why it seems new to a lot of people. But for us old nerds, this is a case of something old being new again. It's nothing new, and it's been done before. Most certainly "fresh" amongst the spam of moe crap we've endured since the late 90s, though.
I'm only 22, though i know what shows you are talking about because i have seen them. People are my age can watch this shows as well you know, not just people who were around to watch them.
Old 2009-01-13, 14:28   Link #73
velvet
"with you, happiness"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEDOS_GRANDE View Post
Nobody getting cranky here, cept maybe you!

The vast majority of suki posters i would imagine are too young to remember the good stuff that Rideback grew out of!

Mospeada wasn't what I was thinking of, either. Mospeada only had mecha-bikes in common with Rideback.
Enlighten me?

And I demand someone explain to me what is the meaning of the non-moe tag in this thread.

velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 14:50   Link #74
tigerwoods

Send a message via MSN to tigerwoods
Great start, in my opinion. I like the character designs and the use of CG a lot and the ride on Fuego was absolutely wonderful, especially the end.
Old 2009-01-13, 16:50   Link #75
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
So i get to see what the rage is all about in a couple of hours. Former cute ballerina girl turn transformable bipedal Robobike rider babe in a turbulent world run by corrupt cooperations. All in all sounds like WIN in my book.
Old 2009-01-13, 16:55   Link #76
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

I loved the first episode. It took me by surprise, with the great artwork and animation quality. The story is good (so far. knock on wood) as well.
Goofus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 18:26   Link #77
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet View Post
And I demand someone explain to me what is the meaning of the non-moe tag in this thread.
Ditto

Well the designs may not be the mainstream "moe stuff" but it is uniquely moe in itself, at least I found Rin quite pleasing to the eyes ^^'

Not much to say about episode one except that I am pleasantly surprised but it so far. This was nothing what I expected but in a good sense. This could be one series to be looking out for this season

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 18:45   Link #78
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Ditto

Well the designs may not be the mainstream "moe stuff" but it is uniquely moe in itself, at least I found Rin quite pleasing to the eyes ^^'
I would rather say that the designs were rather retro ... somewhat revamped for our times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Not much to say about episode one except that I am pleasantly surprised but it so far. This was nothing what I expected but in a good sense. This could be one series to be looking out for this season
My thoughts also!
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 19:10   Link #79
kyouray
2D > 3D

Pretty good episode indeed. Nice mix between dance (scenes with rideback are kind of artistic) and mecha.

Spoiler for A funny item:

Last edited by kyouray; 2009-01-13 at 19:37.
kyouray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 19:36   Link #80
kininku buster
I wanna be Itou Makoto

Animation quality was superb and the second half with the bike riding really got me into it. This is one of the few animes I'll be watching this season.
kininku buster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
madhouse, mecha, seinen