AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-09-21, 21:34   Link #61
Jimmy C

In Vivio's case, her creators didn't seem to be interested in someone who thought she was the original person, like in Fate and Erio's case. She got whatever disorganized memories that the process gave her.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 21:35   Link #62
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Yeah, should make it fun when she's expected to refill her role as the kaiser. I guess history will repeat without any side effects of dejavu... maybe.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 21:45   Link #63
mechdra

In regards to the issue of memories in the clones created by Project F, I believe that biological factor plays a role in here. When Fate and Erio were created, their original genetics came from a young child. The biological age and the mental age of the original and the copy is very near to one another making it easy for them to adopt the memory that their original have. However, Vivio's original genetic came from an adult and having to put the memory of an adult into a child is not possible because the biological age and the mental age are different. Looking back when the first time Vivio appears. She acts like a normal child no matter how we look at it. Her instinct to look for her mother, being pampered and a crybaby is all cause due to her biological age that affects her mental age as well. I cannot understand why Jail is so proud about his success in creating the perfect clone because in the end, the clones will be affected by their biological body rather than their mental age. It is just like a forcing a 320GB worth of memory into a 40GB hard drive.

However, if their growth accelerated, then we might get a different effect where their biological body is able to support their previous mental age and memory. Having an expanded hard drive will help in terms of storing previous memory. The brain is like a hard drive where it needs expansion from time to time.

For Heidi’s case, there is a possibility that she could be a clone that is brought up believing that she is the original person through learning and conditioning.

Last edited by mechdra; 2009-09-21 at 22:04.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 21:47   Link #64
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

In the case of Jail, he really doesn't care about Vivio's psychological health so long as Vivio's body is capable of resurrecting the Saint's Cradle. And in that regard, Vivio was very much a success.
Old 2009-09-21, 23:01   Link #65
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

But when was Vivio CREATED? Five years before the Strikers storyline or the day before she was found?
Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 01:46   Link #66
mechdra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alavon View Post
But when was Vivio CREATED? Five years before the Strikers storyline or the day before she was found?
Only Jail will know. Both are possible since we know that some of the cyborgs get growth acceleration.

But I think it is time to speculate what might happen in the upcoming chapter. I think we might get some emo scene and Vivio meeting jail bait Heidi. I have this feeling telling me we will see Jail soon in this manga. I can see that he will play Hannibal Lecter in this manga.

Last edited by mechdra; 2009-09-22 at 02:01.
Old 2009-09-22, 02:13   Link #67
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
Only Jail will know.
Even he do not know. Only when she couldn't be. She was created by side party from Jail-distributed sample.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
al103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 08:05   Link #68
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

I wonder how she celebrates her birthday then...
Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 09:23   Link #69
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alavon View Post
I wonder how she celebrates her birthday then...
the day she meet Nanoha for the 1st time ?
the day she was befriended ?
the day Nanoha was declared her guardian ?
random day of the year ?
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 10:09   Link #70
mechdra

the Saint King's birthday?

Hope that will be covered in the manga. Speaking about birthday, looks like no one celebrate their birthfay in this series.
Old 2009-09-22, 10:37   Link #71
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

To think we enjoy the series for its ability to convey things in brevity, but it could be a bit longer and more explored, indeed.

We risk going all star warsian novel wise, but i dunno, many of those are good so i hear.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2009-09-22, 10:48   Link #72
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

It's probably on the way... And if you count fanwork, in Asuki alone we've elaborated on Belka and Midchilda to great lengths, with ideas for other races like Britainnian, Romagnian, etc...

They made a big, but empty world, and so we live to fill it.
Old 2009-09-22, 10:57   Link #73
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

ah yes we do, but i could do without massive crossovers x_x; I'm at least trying to build up the back story and explain the wars and great disasters.

I love what I mean to do with jail later

Spoiler for OT:

Old 2009-09-22, 11:13   Link #74
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
the Saint King's birthday?

Hope that will be covered in the manga. Speaking about birthday, looks like no one celebrate their birthfay in this series.
Well, actually Hayate did, in a rather extraordinary fashion =3. No cakes, but she recieved a family as her birthday present =3

A's first episode, in case you ask.

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 12:10   Link #75
Jimmy C

@Itanshi, if that's what he wanted, he could have just informed the Bureau before he activated the Cradle and they'd happily blow it up for him in the ground. Especially if he put on a lights and sounds display to make them think it's in the process of activation and they'd better blast it before it lifts off.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 13:26   Link #76
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

that'd be no fun :P

Old 2009-09-22, 15:08   Link #77
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
*meekly* How many issues of Vivid has been released now? @_@
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 15:20   Link #78
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
*meekly* How many issues of Vivid has been released now? @_@
4 chapters, the 5th one's due out in 7-10 days.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 20:31   Link #79
synx

Quote:
Only Jail will know. Both are possible since we know that some of the cyborgs get growth acceleration.

But I think it is time to speculate what might happen in the upcoming chapter. I think we might get some emo scene and Vivio meeting jail bait Heidi. I have this feeling telling me we will see Jail soon in this manga. I can see that he will play Hannibal Lecter in this manga.
Who's Heidi again?
synx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 20:33   Link #80
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
ah yes we do, but i could do without massive crossovers x_x; I'm at least trying to build up the back story and explain the wars and great disasters.

I love what I mean to do with jail later

Spoiler for OT:
Flaws aside, this reminds me of the Jail = Genome (from TTGL) khrack.

Tags
vivid