AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-26, 17:54   Link #201
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Ah! See, now that was the part I was confused on -- just who adopted Yakumo. Sage & I both thought the dialogue implied the doctor adopted him which made no sense to us whatsoever. Uncle adopting Yakumo makes much more sense.
Yes, that does clear things up. At first I thought the doctor adopted him then threw him over to his Uncle. Now it makes more sense. Well, this gives me reason to re-watch the last 2 recent episodes when *blank* releases their subs.

Edit: I just saw from another site that there are actually 2 versions of the OP song. No wonder; I noticed there was a slight difference in the OP for the 4th episode - initially thought I was having problems with my media player. =_= Well, according to that site, the OP singles are slated for release on Nov 17th.

[/TH][/TR][/table]

Last edited by PreSage; 2010-10-26 at 20:31.
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 22:16   Link #202
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
A good latest episode. I hope Haruka won't continue being too reckless and checking out these ghost situations on her own. She's lucky that this occasion only ended up with her in the hospital since people were around to save her. Can understand her not wanting to only go see Yakumo with a problem (who wants to be treated like another Gotou ) but it's still dangerous to go solo so much.

Of course things worked out pretty well in the end despite Haruka getting targeted. Getting that necklace was a big step. Whether Yakumo likes it or not Haruka isn't going to back down.
Old 2010-10-27, 12:04   Link #203
kitten320

I really wish that series would have more suspence in it as well as mystery because so far things are cleared very fast or are too obviouse =/

But otherwise series are not bad, but they do seriously lack.

Really don't want to compare it to Ghost Hunt, but after watching those series first, dissapointment here is just unavoidable...
Old 2010-10-27, 17:19   Link #204
Shyne

Things seem to be getting interesting with the latest episode. Now it feels like an actual story.

Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 17:54   Link #205
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I really wish that series would have more suspence in it as well as mystery because so far things are cleared very fast or are too obviouse =/
It does give us the big suspense on why Yakumo's mother was trying to kill him (if she wanted to kill him, she would have done it with no one around, since she did give a big shock when she found Yakumo's red eye)

Something that the antagonist said about her "already fell into darkness" and the antagonist trying to get Yakumo to follow the same path as his mother confused me a bit with suspension. I think that things are going at a steady pace..
Old 2010-10-27, 18:48   Link #206
kitten320

I'm quiet sure that mother did get scared at first but later over came the fear and actually loved Yakumo. She also probably got possesed or something when she tried to kill him, she didn't seem to be a bad person at other times. At least Yakumo never mentioned any of it.

And why do I have a feeling that doctor had lied to Yakumo at one point?
Old 2010-10-27, 18:56   Link #207
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Am I wrong about this one? Wasnt the doctor the one being bribed with a certain family member's life being brought back if he cooperated with the antagonist? Or did I get the wrong person? It could be that the doctor left out "some" details at a certain point from Yakumo... But not really sure.
Old 2010-10-27, 19:20   Link #208
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
I'm quiet sure that mother did get scared at first but later over came the fear and actually loved Yakumo. She also probably got possesed or something when she tried to kill him, she didn't seem to be a bad person at other times. At least Yakumo never mentioned any of it.

Yeah, Yakumo did say that she was a good mother up until that night when she tried to kill him. So it is odd that she would suddenly turn on him, since she wouldn't care for him if she had still feared and hated him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Am I wrong about this one? Wasnt the doctor the one being bribed with a certain family member's life being brought back if he cooperated with the antagonist? Or did I get the wrong person? It could be that the doctor left out "some" details at a certain point from Yakumo... But not really sure.
You're talking about that man that wants his daughter back? I think he's a different guy.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2010-10-28, 02:35   Link #209
fukarming

Isn't the doctor who deliver Yakumo the same doctor who cooperate with the bad guys? I think they share the same last name as the bad guy told that evil woman to tell Kinoshita-sensei that they found the "capsule" for her daughter's body.

I also think that the doctor may be lying to Yakumo, by telling him that his mother hated him the moment he was born. It is probably instructed by the villains as they hope Yakumo would "fall into darkness" but Haruka spoils it.

I don't even know if Kinoshita-sensei is actually the one who deliver Yakumo. He identified himself only base on Yakumo's mother's name and knowing Yakumo has a red eye. Both info are known to the evil duo.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 11:07   Link #210
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
Isn't the doctor who deliver Yakumo the same doctor who cooperate with the bad guys? I think they share the same last name as the bad guy told that evil woman to tell Kinoshita-sensei that they found the "capsule" for her daughter's body.

I also think that the doctor may be lying to Yakumo, by telling him that his mother hated him the moment he was born. It is probably instructed by the villains as they hope Yakumo would "fall into darkness" but Haruka spoils it.

I don't even know if Kinoshita-sensei is actually the one who deliver Yakumo. He identified himself only base on Yakumo's mother's name and knowing Yakumo has a red eye. Both info are known to the evil duo.
You're right. I went back, re-watched that scene, and, yes, they did mention his name (which I missed the first time). It is the same doctor. No wonder I thought he looked the same. orz He probably was lying to Yakumo the whole time then, since that villain lady said it didn't go "according to plan". I guess that the villain may have done something similar to his mother - told her some lies about her son and pushed her over the brink. I don't think she was possessed that night. But then, I don't think the villain wanted her to kill Yakumo that night because, if he did, he wouldn't have alerted detective Goto. Maybe he wanted to plant a seed of darkness in Yakumo by using that night. Yakumo may be the ultimate plan to something. Maybe he holds the key to possession? He does have the unique ability to let other people see ghosts, too (refer to end of ep1 with Haruka and her sister).

[/TH][/TR][/table]

Last edited by PreSage; 2010-10-28 at 18:22. Reason: fix typo Dx
Old 2010-10-28, 15:27   Link #211
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Your right. I went back, re-watched that scene, and, yes, they did mention his name (which I missed the first time). It is the same doctor. No wonder I thought he looked the same. orz He probably was lying to Yakumo the whole time then, since that villain lady said it didn't go "according to plan". I guess that the villain may have done something similar to his mother - told her some lies about her son and pushed her over the brink. I don't think she was possessed that night. But then, I don't think the villain wanted her to kill Yakumo that night because, if he did, he wouldn't have alerted detective Goto. Maybe he wanted to plant a seed of darkness in Yakumo by using that night. Yakumo may be the ultimate plan to something. Maybe he holds the key to possession? He does have the unique ability to let other people see ghosts, too (refer to end of ep1 with Haruka and her sister).
True, I think that the villain's plan is to send Yakumo into complete despair just like his mother (going completely crazy and possibly involve something hidden) but Haruka will probably be the one that keeps Yakumo sane
Old 2010-10-28, 18:27   Link #212
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Another thought about the doctor: I don't think the doctor even knew Yakumo's mom; hell, he probably never met Yakumo before that day. It was all role-playing for the doc. He says whatever that villain guy told him to say.

You know, I think that doctor's dead daughter is trying to help Haruka before by trying to warn her but Haruka just couldn't understand what she was trying to say. I don't think the ghost girl is evil, unlike her misled father. I also think her spirit being trapped under the river may have something to do with the villain as well.

@Hooves: well, Haruka was the one that saved him from that first step into darkness. But if that villain uses the very person Yakumo cares about (...and he is certainly warming up to her )...he might break - unless Haruka can reach him in time; that is, if she doesn't get possessed or something herself. :O

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2010-10-29, 16:30   Link #213
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
@Hooves: well, Haruka was the one that saved him from that first step into darkness. But if that villain uses the very person Yakumo cares about (...and he is certainly warming up to her )...he might break - unless Haruka can reach him in time; that is, if she doesn't get possessed or something herself. :O
Well.. She is a carefree type of girl, and always does get into situations without getting Yakumo to join in so its a possibility that she will get possessed eventually, and if Yakumo and Haruka go that deep into their starting-up relationship, then it might make Yakumo go insane
Old 2010-11-01, 16:03   Link #214
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for my take on ep 5:
Old 2010-11-01, 16:23   Link #215
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Spoiler for my take on ep 5:
Who knows... The story for this anime is getting more and more interesting by the minute.. Especially with the twist in the end..
Old 2010-11-01, 22:50   Link #216
OkamiNoKaze

Episode 4 was pretty good, finally a storyline seems to have emerged, aside from the side plot with the main "villain".
Old 2010-11-02, 00:40   Link #217
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Eh, not meeting my expectations at all. By episode 5 everything has been pretty damn predictable, as well as the antagonist revealing himself to be the main chara's father. Boringgg saw that coming from 20 miles away. Whatever, I'll give the series a few more episodes and if it doesn't pick up by then I'm calling a drop.
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 07:35   Link #218
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Predictable is distinctly different from boring. Even though the main plot is easily mapped out, there's potential for some deep character development from all sides.
Spoiler for Luke... -breathes heavily-:
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 14:04   Link #219
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

This episode was pretty damn predictable but honestly, I actually liked this episode. The first one I've actually liked so far. All the others have been so horribly bland. Hopefully it continues to improve.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 15:47   Link #220
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Spoiler for Luke... -breathes heavily-:
That is just win Kafriel the anime only reversed who says it

Tags
drama, seinen, supernatural