AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-15, 10:29   Link #9721
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I still go O_o everytime I read the part in vol 20 where Fianma drops his 40km long flaming sword on Touma and co.... I mean seriously....at 40km long that thing is the same size as the entire country I reside in....how the hell did Touma escape with just a broken arm.....

Then agin, he did block a blast from the completed Holy Right capable of obliterating a star...
Old 2011-04-15, 13:40   Link #9722
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
Am I the only one who finds Index or any other character annoying when they tell Touma what he shouldn't do? Especially Index...
Your not the only one they drag a civilian into it but get dumped and ordered around like a part of their world. If I'm scaling which is better heroin from mikoto and index. I will pick mikoto than a nun that has a universe for as a stomach and loves to bite your head off. Reminds me of Charlote biting Mami's head.

And when they ask who will be stupid enough to go against the leader of the angels to Touma. Hello in angel fall arc. Touma didn't think twice to confront Gabriel just to protect his family. Even though Micheal is still higher than Gabriel and the form is incomplete its still an archangel.

They are making Touma look stupid despite all the help he had done. They are treating him an outsider and an amateur. Even though both are true he is still the one who prevent the previews events. Give some more credit to the poor guy and literally poor guy thanks to meal expenses of a certain munchdex.
Old 2011-04-15, 13:48   Link #9723
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Give some more credit to the poor guy
Oh please, he's far too Misfortunate for that
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2011-04-15, 13:54   Link #9724
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Your not the only one they drag a civilian into it but get dumped and ordered around like a part of their world. If I'm scaling which is better heroin from mikoto and index. I will pick mikoto than a nun that has a universe for as a stomach and loves to bite your head off. Reminds me of Charlote biting Mami's head.

And when they ask who will be stupid enough to go against the leader of the angels to Touma. Hello in angel fall arc. Touma didn't think twice to confront Gabriel just to protect his family. Even though Micheal is still higher than Gabriel and the form is incomplete its still an archangel.

They are making Touma look stupid despite all the help he had done. They are treating him an outsider and an amateur. Even though both are true he is still the one who prevent the previews events. Give some more credit to the poor guy and literally poor guy thanks to meal expenses of a certain munchdex.
It was also redundant....they were on the brink of war with the Roman Catholic Church.....which has God's Right Seat.....so who would attack the temporal representative of the leader of the Angels? Why the one with the buried power of the Son of God of course......as he did right after Carissa was beaten...

Hell Touma is really their only real weapon and shield now...
Old 2011-04-15, 14:11   Link #9725
tsunade666

Even before this event all happen. The event with Vento, Terra and Aqua are enough reasons to give credit for Touma. Nope.... just Vento.

Even if the whole royal family gang up on this broken girl with the power of god's right seat. They will be hopeless. Terra... well I'm not sure if this guy is strong or just weak. Once you know his weakness. His weak. Aqua is another broken guy with the power of god's right seat. He will be playing around with the knights as his toy. Heck even a saint is a rug doll in front of superman. The one of the 20 saint would be dead together with her sect if Touma didn't save them.

But what did our hero get from it.... well Ero fallen angel Maid... well I think it's still not good enough reasons to make him look stupid.
Old 2011-04-15, 14:28   Link #9726
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

It just goes to show how big this Magic World is, even if you can cope with all that crap being thrown at you, you're still not an expert; Touma still needs to have alot of things explained to him.

There are two sides of this, on one hand his friends don't want him to get involved, on the other hand the organizations behind those friends have their own plans. I can understand Index's POV where she's tired of constantly watching Touma recovering in the Hospital without knowing what's going on, and it's usually ONLY him that ends up covered in injuries.
Old 2011-04-15, 17:56   Link #9727
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It just goes to show how big this Magic World is, even if you can cope with all that crap being thrown at you, you're still not an expert; Touma still needs to have alot of things explained to him.

There are two sides of this, on one hand his friends don't want him to get involved, on the other hand the organizations behind those friends have their own plans. I can understand Index's POV where she's tired of constantly watching Touma recovering in the Hospital without knowing what's going on, and it's usually ONLY him that ends up covered in injuries.
The magic world is indeed big, and Touma is indeed an n00b. The only way he's been able to beat his many broken enemies is through teamwork (whether people realized they were helping or not) and his magical grasp is extremely tiny.

Not that it's that surprising since his exposure to normal magic is nil, and he's only been thrown at the 'Destroy Something Big' level spells.

I too understand Index's POV where she only knows something's going on when Touma is recovering in the hospital, but really, it's the same for just about everyone- they generally drop out half-way through the battle unconscious or something and Touma has to finish it up. How pathertic those people must feel.
Old 2011-04-15, 19:24   Link #9728
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
Come on even on my third rate country you can get a SIM, and your calls would get redirect to the new phone .
Then if a third rate country can do so, why not an advanced 0 yen CP from a futuristic city can't have an storage data for photo and records?
Old 2011-04-15, 19:30   Link #9729
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Did one of u guys do this? lol. Look up Blatant Lies

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...MajutsuNoIndex
Old 2011-04-15, 20:56   Link #9730
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Even before this event all happen. The event with Vento, Terra and Aqua are enough reasons to give credit for Touma. Nope.... just Vento.

Even if the whole royal family gang up on this broken girl with the power of god's right seat. They will be hopeless. Terra... well I'm not sure if this guy is strong or just weak. Once you know his weakness. His weak. Aqua is another broken guy with the power of god's right seat. He will be playing around with the knights as his toy. Heck even a saint is a rug doll in front of superman. The one of the 20 saint would be dead together with her sect if Touma didn't save them.

But what did our hero get from it.... well Ero fallen angel Maid... well I think it's still not good enough reasons to make him look stupid.
Actually no, you are dead wrong on this....if the Royals, heck even Carissa alone with the Curtana Original or Elizard, they'll pwn Vento.

And vol 17 and 18 shows that Knight Leader is at least on par with Acqua. Hell he nearly kills him in 18 and kicks Kanzaki aside like nothing in 17.

The Brits are a magic superpower for good reason. They are the highest you can get as a faction before approaching Fianma or other Angel class mages.
Old 2011-04-15, 21:26   Link #9731
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Of course, Ollerus would easily pwn them like a boss.

Ollerus vs. Royal Family?

Hell, Silvia is the one that passes down the divine right to rule from God to the British Royal Family. I can see it happening, since she basically ignored their order to come back to England.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-04-15, 22:13   Link #9732
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Of course, Ollerus would easily pwn them like a boss.

Ollerus vs. Royal Family?

Hell, Silvia is the one that passes down the divine right to rule from God to the British Royal Family. I can see it happening, since she basically ignored their order to come back to England.
Ollerus is.... I wouldn't say he would win so easily...not with Curtana Original.

Of course the Brits don't really have a true divine mandate per se. They can wield Telesma sure but it's not like some Angel came down and officially granted themany rights.
Old 2011-04-15, 22:32   Link #9733
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Ollerus is.... I wouldn't say he would win so easily...not with Curtana Original.

Of course the Brits don't really have a true divine mandate per se. They can wield Telesma sure but it's not like some Angel came down and officially granted themany rights.
If we take in cosideration what about Ollerus said about unknown attacks (it can be neutralized if is used as a sword), and given he didn't made a single blink with Gunha I put my money on Ollerus. Not as as strong as Fiamma was but sure stronger than Curtana.
Old 2011-04-15, 23:03   Link #9734
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Part 8 Out

Oriana Onee-san~~~~!!
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2011-04-15, 23:05   Link #9735
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
Part 8 Out

Oriana Onee-san~~~~!!
Awkward...

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-04-15, 23:20   Link #9736
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

That was a weird transition
Old 2011-04-16, 06:00   Link #9737
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
And vol 17 and 18 shows that Knight Leader is at least on par with a weakened Acqua.
Fixed. You are giving Knight Leader too much credit. Even after the boost from Curtana, Knight Leader is only on par with Acqua who hasn't fully recover.
Old 2011-04-16, 06:48   Link #9738
tsunade666

^ it also means his a at least a saint level. And being a saint level isn't funny at all.
Old 2011-04-16, 09:15   Link #9739
Hiro Hayase

Quote:
Actually no, you are dead wrong on this....if the Royals, heck even Carissa alone with the Curtana Original or Elizard, they'll pwn Vento.

And vol 17 and 18 shows that Knight Leader is at least on par with Acqua. Hell he nearly kills him in 18 and kicks Kanzaki aside like nothing in 17.

The Brits are a magic superpower for good reason. They are the highest you can get as a faction before approaching Fianma or other Angel class mages.
Too much credit is given to the Knight Leader here. Acqua is still injured when he fights, plus the knight Leader is boosted by Curtana. Kanzaki seems inexperienced at fighting other saint-class magicians. Also, we really didn't get to see the full extent of Vento's magical prowess due to her opponent being Kamijou Touma and the imaginary district + Kazakiri Hyouka. Vento's power's were restricted in that fight, everytime she used magic, she suffered recoil just like Tsuchimikado Motoharu.

Acqua (William Orville) defeated him (Knight Leader) in the past before. (Between the lines in volume 16)

P.S. Curtana can ONLY be used in the 4 areas that Britain controls. It can't be used elsewhere like Academy City or Russia. I'm under the impression that God's right seat is underestimated due to their opponent being Touma. They could have fared much better if they faced regular magicians or if Touma was never involved.

Last edited by Hiro Hayase; 2011-04-16 at 09:44.
Old 2011-04-16, 10:58   Link #9740
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
Too much credit is given to the Knight Leader here. Acqua is still injured when he fights, plus the knight Leader is boosted by Curtana. Kanzaki seems inexperienced at fighting other saint-class magicians. Also, we really didn't get to see the full extent of Vento's magical prowess due to her opponent being Kamijou Touma and the imaginary district + Kazakiri Hyouka. Vento's power's were restricted in that fight, everytime she used magic, she suffered recoil just like Tsuchimikado Motoharu.

Acqua (William Orville) defeated him (Knight Leader) in the past before. (Between the lines in volume 16)

P.S. Curtana can ONLY be used in the 4 areas that Britain controls. It can't be used elsewhere like Academy City or Russia. I'm under the impression that God's right seat is underestimated due to their opponent being Touma. They could have fared much better if they faced regular magicians or if Touma was never involved.
I'm saying if the fight took place in the UK obviously. Vento was not restricted before. Hyouka did not appear until the very end when Kihara injected the code into LO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Fixed. You are giving Knight Leader too much credit. Even after the boost from Curtana, Knight Leader is only on par with Acqua who hasn't fully recover.
He got beaten to a sneak attack. It was very, very lucky thing for William. He was about to be overpowered and killed. I think he (with Curtana's boost of course) can fight a fully powered Acqua reasonably well.

Seriously, Knight Leader can negate any weapon of William's as well as kill him in one hit, draw him in with his range manip and outmatch him in speed. Only thing William has to work with is weapon skill.

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen