AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-22, 13:42   Link #361
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Episode three was nice. The relationship between Yuuki and Hazuki seems to be quite friendly. Seeing that despite her teasing Yuu willingly accept her "hugging-pose". And given the dinner request-sms, he has probably cooked more than once for her . Then, there's Michiru following Yuuki "secretly". So far Satsuki has received a fair share of screentime together with Chisato, whereas the latter is like more natural by his side (osananajimi bonus?) seeing that they are in the same class, club and apppartment building .
I find it interesting how complex the school elections are, especially that something like student president doesn't exist in german schools and universites, IIRC. Or at least not with such an heavy influence .

As for "too much focus on election, not enough love + chocolate": Well, I assume it follows one of the common VN-adaption concepts so that the romance development will happen somewhere after the first half of the total episodes is over. Of course, sooner or later depending on whether the developers want to give each possible girl a roughly even amount of screentime (maybe as with Isara based on the sneak view at the end of ep. 3)
Old 2012-07-22, 21:23   Link #362
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeman1884 View Post
I have a feeling that when the current president finally opens his eyes, shit's gonna get REAL
I want to know what the deal is with him and the other candidate with the のもの mask. They're in the group picture in the OP, so I'm not sure if that means that they're important or that they're "friendly". For now, I feel that either of them could become the real antagonist of the series, or that everyone could be a sympathetic character under different circumstances. I hope it's the latter to be honest.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 03:30   Link #363
csuree
The Most Hated™

Maybe hugging his teacher like that has to be because of a trauma from the past and she was there to comfort him. Something that is like a big secret. Chisato is adrable, cute, and lovable as she seduces Yuuki and tells him that she is near him. But he brushes her off, even though he deeply cares for her. I really hope they will go with the Chisato route. The other girls did not get enough screentime yet but they look lovable too. Except the cat like girl. She gives me the creeps.

So far the story is good, i like it.
Old 2012-07-23, 04:49   Link #364
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Hell, if they really want to make it like real politics, these secret late night meetings with his teacher might be used as a scandal against his campaign later on
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 06:48   Link #365
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Actually I have a feeling it would be used as leverage against him AND Satsuki if it were ever found out.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 08:53   Link #366
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
That chart is not really accurate imo. Especially for Yume
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 12:51   Link #367
amoirsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
That chart is not really accurate imo. Especially for Yume
I like how Kana,
Spoiler:
isn't on there. I guess it's like those series where you have an unnamed cop get defeated. It's tragic but the character isn't relevant.

I haven't seen that Kimika character yet though. And while Ayumu and Matsuri's names are mentioned, I don't recall Mao's name mentioned. How does the viewer know their names? Same with Hidaka who shows on the OP and in the middle of episode 1, but hasn't made a direct encounter with Oojima (though the encounter is almost guaranteed in a future episode).

Spoiler:
amoirsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 13:14   Link #368
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoirsp View Post

Spoiler:
Those were not the results unless you were talking about a different poll.

Spoiler for maybe spoilers, who knows:
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 14:03   Link #369
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Spoiler:
I doubt's that's spoiling anything but anyway. Can you remember where you found that? I'm curious about the other rankings. Not surprised about the #5 either
Old 2012-07-23, 14:27   Link #370
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
I doubt's that's spoiling anything but anyway. Can you remember where you found that? I'm curious about the other rankings. Not surprised about the #5 either
Character poll? I tried looking on the official website and also with relentlessflame's help and could not find it. However I definitely don't remember Chisato being #5. She might not be popular with some people but she's still quite popular especially once you get to know her more. The anime so far have not develop her very much so you won't know about her sides and skills yet.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 14:39   Link #371
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Character poll? I tried looking on the official website and also with relentlessflame's help and could not find it. However I definitely don't remember Chisato being #5. She might not be popular with some people but she's still quite popular especially once you get to know her more. The anime so far have not develop her very much so you won't know about her sides and skills yet.
I already looked through sprite's official blog and i didn't find any polls in 2011 or 2012. The only official character poll that i could find was held 7 months before the game came out though. Chisato was the most popular in that poll.
So i don't think it was that accurate when it comes to characters though, but rather for their designs.

edit:
The only other poll that i also know off was for deciding who got his/her own route in the psp game.
Nozomi won that one.
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/485/485457/

Last edited by hyl; 2012-07-23 at 14:56. Reason: found the source
Old 2012-07-23, 15:52   Link #372
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
I haven't seen that Kimika character yet though. And while Ayumu and Matsuri's names are mentioned, I don't recall Mao's name mentioned. How does the viewer know their names? Same with Hidaka who shows on the OP and in the middle of episode 1, but hasn't made a direct encounter with Oojima (though the encounter is almost guaranteed in a future episode).
Yeah, Hidaka will most likely play her role when the different election stages are beginning. The arrow that points to the ショッケン/shokken-frame and 自治生徒会/autonomous student council-frame says "data collection".

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next episode because I'd like to see how many much screentime Isara will receive.
And I count to those people who prefer the ending music more than the op.
Old 2012-07-23, 17:03   Link #373
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
I already looked through sprite's official blog and i didn't find any polls in 2011 or 2012. The only official character poll that i could find was held 7 months before the game came out though. Chisato was the most popular in that poll.
So i don't think it was that accurate when it comes to characters though, but rather for their designs.
Personally, I hope that's an art design poll... I'm not impressed on how she is in the VN, and that has nothing to do with her being a tsundere. Although I can accept her being #1 if it's about her design.

So far I like how the anime adaption is mixing things up but it has yet to reach the meat of the story. I just hope AIC doesn't mess things up when they get there.
Old 2012-07-23, 17:20   Link #374
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Sprite apparently blocks foreign ip and i have my browser set up to auto proxy most japanese sites (like Minori).
I am not sure if my previous post of poll results of 2010 could be seen by others
So this time i uploaded that image somewhere else instead of directly linking to the site.
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2012-07-23, 18:04   Link #375
tsunade666

So Chisato is in the winning side and next is Satsuki? (not sure on the name but she is the one running as a president too right?) then next is the girl which I can't remember her name and her character.... like a cat? she doesn't do much yet in the anime so I can't tell why is she 3rd.
Old 2012-07-23, 18:09   Link #376
amoirsp

It might have been an unofficial one then.

To be specific the image presented was NSFW.

Spoiler:

For the anime itself I find there will probably be character specific episodes, but at the moment I'm sure everyone can agree that so far the anime has not done something like a "character showcasing" of sorts and you had more focus on what's going on (sort of) rather than trying to showoff a bishoujo girl. [Quite frankly, 3/5 characters so far have totally played more of a support/side character role and had hardly taken screen time.]

This series from watching so far does feel like it has more of a team aspect, sort of. I can't quite coin the flavor of what exact word fits the description of what's so nice so far.

But seriously though in terms of pure anime watching I just felt like so far there's like so much non-information I'm wondering how other people process the information.
amoirsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 18:26   Link #377
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Oh, a character poll in an issue of Dengeki G. After looking it up and that one is indeed held later.

But seeing all the available merchandise (figure, dakimakura's, mousepads) I think Satsuki is more popular though.
Old 2012-07-24, 04:48   Link #378
wagnerr
philosopher stone power

episode three too little fan service
wagnerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 04:50   Link #379
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagnerr View Post
episode three too little fan service
What concern me is the romance? Where's my human alarm clock during every episode!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 06:20   Link #380
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I thought the average person is tired of the 'childhood friend wake you up every morning' cliche? I personally love it, but then again, I'm not the average person.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, politics, romance, school life, seinen