AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-08-07, 10:19   Link #21
b10nutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Didn't he lose his curse seal when he fought Itachi?
Yes the cuse seal was remove by Itachi's Susanoo (I think this is also one of the reason why Itachi wanted to fight Sasuske before he died)

Quote:
He's done one-handed Rasengans before, but only in Kyuubi mode.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but before didn't he used second arm formed by his chakra cloak? So this would be the actual first time when he used only one hand.

Last edited by b10nutz; 2013-08-07 at 10:30.
b10nutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 10:39   Link #22
Tchadnis

Quote:
Originally Posted by b10nutz View Post
Yes the cuse seal was remove by Itachi's Susanoo (I think this is also one of the reason why Itachi wanted to fight Sasuske before he died)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but before didn't he used second arm formed by his chakra cloak? So this would be the actual first time when he used only one hand.

you are right in curse seal was removed by Itachi , and in Kyubi mode , Naruto use chakra arm to make his rasengan , so if in this chapter it not a drawing error which i doubt , he indeed make a one hand rasengan
Old 2013-08-07, 10:59   Link #23
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetail1989 View Post
is it because he did a rasengan with just one hand?without using any shadow clones or kurama cloak arms??...so now he can make a rasengan with just one hand izit??
-Actually I think it was because while everyone was writing down notes on Obito's Monologue of the Boo-hoo, Naruto had the foresight to not only notice what'll work on him but exploit it. Obito really isn't any good at this is he? His eyes are not blind and he had a bird's eye view of the 4 opponents. How in the world did he miss the brightly orange-clad ninja gathering a Rasengan?

-But whatever, all part of growth I guess. And hey, future Naruto and Kurama power-up has been located. This ought to be real good.
Old 2013-08-07, 11:14   Link #24
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
So I guess Minato wasn't the super genius we thought he was and was more like Naruto. Kushina was the smart one.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 11:19   Link #25
Hiking_Bear

Quote:
Didn't he lose his curse seal when he fought Itachi?
Sasuke lost the cursed seal, but his torso was gutted by Kirabe and replaced by Juugo goop. Juugo uses Sage chakra, I believe. I don't know if that counts for anything. Sasuke isn't a sage like Naruto is.
Old 2013-08-07, 11:20   Link #26
Lunarskylar

that's because everything related to rin is obito's kryptonite. Sakura can make herself useful by henge-ing into Rin while Naruto Teleports and rasengans obito's head

So.... i guess next chapter he'll finally erase the mark on his back... since it's been used like 3 times on him now. although i'm not even sure he even knows how his powers work
Old 2013-08-07, 11:38   Link #27
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
So I guess Minato wasn't the super genius we thought he was and was more like Naruto. Kushina was the smart one.
If true, I think I like it better this way, because Naruto has shown signs of combat genius, creativity, and innovation throughout the series. It makes it more believable that he really is the son of the 4th, who was supposed to be a legendary ninja that got praise on the level of the First.

Look at some of the moments of insight Naruto has shown.

vs Kiba. He used a henge to look like Kiba, then took the hit, and used a second henge almost immediately to look like Akamaru, forcing Kiba to take out his own dog. Seriously, who else could have thought up a brilliant move like that?

vs Neji. He left a clone in a heap while he dug his way into position and shot from the ground to defeat a man with 359 degree vision. Granted, he had Kyuubi hax that allowed him to fight when there was absolutely no way he should have gone on, but we're not discussing his power.

vs Gaara. 2000 clones, and his goal is the use a technique Kakashi used on him as a joke to show him how outclassed he was. And then to have the forsight to attach an exploding tag while attacking a weak spot like that. Any other ninja would have been royally screwed.

vs Kabuto. His first real Rasengan. He sacrificed a hand to hold Kabuto in place, and summoned a clone to complete the jutsu. Granted, this was really more of an author's prerogative to give the kid a super bad ass moment, and Kabuto should have been attacking, but let's not take that moment of awesome away from Naruto

vs Kakuzu. Who sends their real body to attack someone head on when they can spam clones? Naruto, that's who. And why does he do this? Because no one else would think to. Your clones are there to protect your real body, which generally hangs back. Naruto picked up on this back against Neji, why doesn't anyone else? And let's face it, it's not in Naruto's personality to stand back. He's a front and center kinda guy. Not to mention he combined an element into the Rasengan which no other ninja had done.

vs Pein. Sage mode hax. He perfected his Rasenshuriken to the point that it became a ranged attack and lost the draw back of being as bad for him as the person he hit with it. He also showed for the first time that he possesses deep analytical skills in combat, picking out the Pein that was the most troublesome for him, and removing it from play. By all rights, this is a fight he still should have lost, but thanks to Hinata and Kyuubi hax. That aside, it still showed immense growth and genius in the field of combat.

And now we have it all culminating in Sage mode, one handed Rasengan to smack the shiznat out of Obito. The 4th is showing that he was a lot like Naruto. That doesn't appear to be a bad thing. He was playful, and goofy, and said to be one of the greatest ninjas ever. Naruto is playful, goofy, and a bit slow on the uptake, but we can all agree he's living up to dad's reputation and legacy. Does that make Minato any less of the super genius we had been led to believe he was? Remember, there are different types of genius. Sakura is a genius in regards to book learning. Sasuke and Neji were called geniuses based on raw natural talent. Lee was a genius in his dedication and hard work. I believe we can safely say both Naruto and Minato are geniuses in innovation and creativity.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 11:51   Link #28
b10nutz

@ranchan13 You make a really good point, it was enjoyable to read your post, it remind me of some things that I should not overlook.
Old 2013-08-07, 12:09   Link #29
Arjento

Epic post Ranchan.

Makes me nostalgic.
Arjento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 12:13   Link #30
itachi-san314

Quote:
But if that is how Hiruzen went out so quickly- very disappointing.
haha yea. it's ridiculous how nobody even noticed that he's gone.

tobirama: "omg 4th you lost an arm! this is getting dangerous"
minato: "oh yea. hey where's the 3rd?"
everyone: "who cares? he sucks now. just be in awe of the senju bros!"
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 12:21   Link #31
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Naruto doing rasengan with one hand was really a big thing and the negative half Kyuubi will be coming soon, recent chapters have really been very .....satisfying

although i don't think sasuke will be getting a sage mode however he might do a powerful kirin strike, because kirin is natures lightning and senjutsu is also using nature's chakra, sasuke simply directs the lightning of kirin using a small chidori
Old 2013-08-07, 12:28   Link #32
Kurohane

First off, YES, Naruto! YES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b10nutz View Post

It shouldn't come as a shock. He gave everyone Kurama's chakra that in itself takes a great deal of chakra control. As Kurama said, every person is a different type in regards to chakra. It's like having different puzzle pieces and you have constantly change your piece to fit each one. After doing something of such feat, Naruto should be able to make a rasengan with one hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminion Lancer View Post
-Actually I think it was because while everyone was writing down notes on Obito's Monologue of the Boo-hoo, Naruto had the foresight to not only notice what'll work on him but exploit it. Obito really isn't any good at this is he? His eyes are not blind and he had a bird's eye view of the 4 opponents. How in the world did he miss the brightly orange-clad ninja gathering a Rasengan?

-But whatever, all part of growth I guess. And hey, future Naruto and Kurama power-up has been located. This ought to be real good.
The Second Hokage noticed too. With Obito, I don't think it was a matter of not seeing, but rather, what do you plan to do with it, when it's been established ninjutsu won't work.
Old 2013-08-07, 12:54   Link #33
b10nutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
With Obito, I don't think it was a matter of not seeing, but rather, what do you plan to do with it, when it's been established ninjutsu won't work.
I agree, I think Obito just underestimate Naruto rather then not noticing what he was doing.
Old 2013-08-07, 13:06   Link #34
Tettsuo
Yeah, I said that!

The 3rd should be fine as he was put down the same time the 2nd was nearly split in half. The 2nd came back, so the 3rd should be able to reform as well.
Tettsuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 13:31   Link #35
ChronoReverse

I believe the 2nd explicitly said it was a clone that was destroyed which is why the main body is ok. If the 3rd didn't use a clone then he's been snuffed.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 13:47   Link #36
Ushio the Omega

In chapter 638 the 2nd hokage and a clone of the 1st were blasted in half by Obito's "black chakra".

The 2nd in chapter 639 the used a suicide explosive note technique and was destroyed.

The 3rd then got blasted by the "black chakra".

In chapter 640 Obito gained control of the Juubi and then blasted the 4th's arm off.

In 641 after regenerating the 2nd sent a clone to teleport the black chakra bomb away

In 642 the 2nd notes the 4th's arm has not regenerated.

Conclusion

Obito has only been able to nullify Edo Tensei since he gained control of the Juubi in chapter 640 while the 3rd is still regenerating from chapter 639.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 13:52   Link #37
DarkHollowIchigo

Holy#()@($@#$...2nd get's Kudo's from me!~
Old 2013-08-07, 13:54   Link #38
theshow_luffy

Wow minato had 50% of the 9 tail, i thought it was like 25 or 10.
theshow_luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 13:59   Link #39
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
No, he and many others who were at some point in the manga outsmarted by Naruto in a battle are considered geniuses. It's simply that Naruto in these situations can pull off things that he usually can't. It was discussed many times before that Naruto's intellectual level has such huge variations that it can be considered a plot hole.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 14:14   Link #40
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
No, he and many others who were at some point in the manga outsmarted by Naruto in a battle are considered geniuses. It's simply that Naruto in these situations can pull off things that he usually can't. It was discussed many times before that Naruto's intellectual level has such huge variations that it can be considered a plot hole.
I wasn't referring to that. I was referring to the Minato and Tobirama conversation. "Like father, like son." And Minato's regret over not being able to recognize his own student, no matter how he was disguised. He blamed his lack of insight for causing the whole mess. And Obito certainly rubbed it in this chapter.

Before this, we thought Minato was the cool and calm super genius type. Similar to Itachi and Shikamaru. A perfect blond hero. But the more we learn about him, the more Kishi portrays him as an older Naruto, A somewhat goofy kindhearted man who might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but has a great talent for fighting.

Kushina might of given Naruto his temper, but he is his father's son.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion