AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-07-21, 02:08   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Chapter 503 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---
Chapter Status: confirmed spoiler released...

Quote:
-The masked shinobi’s left hand is wounded by Minato’s Rasengan. Additionally, in the process of wounding the masked shinobi, Minato also marks him with a Hiraishin tag.

-Minato then proceeds to use a Seal (Keiyaku Fuuin) on the masked shinobi that somehow stops the control of the Kyuubi. The Kyuubi’s eyes are shown to lose the Sharingan…but Konoha is still on the verge of being destroyed.

-Cut to Iruka getting saved by his mom and dad (I knew they’d appear sometime). Kurenai's father also appears...

-Sarutobi goes on the offense against the Beast, while the wounded masked shinobi tells Minato that he will gain control of the Beast again.

-Supposedly the Nidaime is seen talking to Sarutobi and Danzou (it is currently unknown if this is real or not or a flashback)…

-Minato goes to Kushina and Naruto to talk to her about sealing the Kyuubi. Minato summons GamBunta then prepares to teleport Kyuubi far from Konoha, but he is out of chakra.

-Kushina helps Minato by binding the Kyuubi (momentarily) with the last of her chakra. She also uses her chakra to bind a portion of herself to Naruto.

-Minato prepares Shiki Fuujin. He decides to seal only half of the Kyuubi’s chakra in himself, with the other half going to Naruto.

-Shiki Fuujin is used.

-The final scene is of a dead Minato and Kushina lying next to a crying Naruto.

Last edited by james0246; 2010-07-21 at 08:24.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 03:46   Link #2
EoT
~~

Summary/Spoiler from NF Yagami

Spoiler for spoiler:
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 04:17   Link #3
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Yeah... read the spoiler aswell. Soo Nidaime was there aswell?? That is the biggest suprise.
In other words... the Nidaime, the Sandaime (Hizuren) and the rest of Konoha couldn't deal with the Kyuubi. Only Kushina and Yondaime (Minato) could....

If the spoiler is true then.... Minato might've been able to kill Madara but he simply didnt have the time. Not to mention the fact that he spend soo much chakra dealing with the Kyuubi and Madara. While saving others aswell...
Old 2010-07-21, 04:25   Link #4
John D.

The part with Nidaime, Sarutobi and Danzou is (almost certainly) a flashback, since Tobirama ought to have been dead for at least three decades (at that time in the flashback)...

I'm a little bit disappointed that Sarutobi together with ANBU had so little success fending of Kyuubi. Though it was expected, since Minato was supposedly the one who saved the day.
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 06:17   Link #5
Sonic n Tails
Banned

Confirmed, Kishimoto hates Madara.
Sonic n Tails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 07:29   Link #6
Bombo
TSF Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic n Tails View Post
Confirmed, Kishimoto hates Madara.
I hate him too..After what he have done to my belove kushina.!!!
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 07:34   Link #7
Dnous
wut

If the Hiraishin tag is still present on Madara, then that would mean that Naruto will learn Hiraishin.
Dnous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 07:50   Link #8
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Seems awkward for Madara to get defeated like that so quickly. What gets me about that unconfirmed spoiler is:

Spoiler:
Old 2010-07-21, 07:53   Link #9
madv2c
Deafmute

Based on the spoiler, i'm greatly disappointed in Madara. It seemed like he barely put up a fight, let alone did any serious damage.

Fail, fail, fail.
madv2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 08:31   Link #10
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by John D. View Post
The part with Nidaime, Sarutobi and Danzou is (almost certainly) a flashback, since Tobirama ought to have been dead for at least three decades (at that time in the flashback)...
Yeah, this part was confirmed as a flashback. In the present, Kurenai's father is speaking the same words to Kurenai, Gai and Kakashi that Tobirama said to Hiruzen and Danzou.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 08:40   Link #11
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by madv2c View Post
Based on the spoiler, i'm greatly disappointed in Madara. It seemed like he barely put up a fight, let alone did any serious damage.

Fail, fail, fail.
Yeah, with what Minato said to Naruto about the fight ("he saw through evrything I did"), I expected something amazing (or at least Minato never actually touching Tobi/Madara). Instead Minato, near effortlessly (okay he does use a bit of chakra), seems to knock Tobi/Madara out of the fight (considering he flees after losing control of the Kyuubi).

Still, I felt that the Shiki Fuujin scene was mostly legitimate, and it made sense how Minato and Kushina died.
Old 2010-07-21, 08:51   Link #12
Slayerx

Well need to wait a see...
One thing that's annoying me though is wondering how Madara could take a Rasengan to the BACK and come out with nothing more than a wounded left hand...

Also, what i've been wanting to see is a desperate NEED to use the death god of all things to seal the kyuubi... I mean, it just doesn't sound like he really tried fighting the thing, just skipped to the self-sacrifice. This becomes a complaint seeing as Akatsuki was able to take down 7 of the demons themselves (8 if you count Bee being beaten by kisame)... not to mention the fact that in sacrificing himself, he foregoes finishing off madara who he had marked and could teleport to at anytime
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 09:07   Link #13
John D.

I'm puzzled why they resorted to Shiki Fūjin as well. According to the spoilers Madara jogged off after taking a beating from Minato and loosing control over the Kyuubi. With Madara out of the way, one would think that Kushina, Minato and Sarutobi (all three well versed in Fūinjutsu) ought to have been able to come up with a sealing plan not involving suicide...

But then, Kushina was dying so maybe death didn't seem like such a steep price for Minato (though one would think that Minato would struggle to come up with a plan that left at least one parent for his newborn child).
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 09:24   Link #14
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
not to mention the fact that in sacrificing himself, he foregoes finishing off madara who he had marked and could teleport to at anytime
It seems obvious to me that the mark Minato placed on Madara will also be one of multiple legacies. Naruto will probably master Hiraishin, and will most likely be able to track down Madara to the end thanks to his daddy's seal.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 09:36   Link #15
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
I'm puzzled why they resorted to Shiki Fūjin as well. According to the spoilers Madara jogged off after taking a beating from Minato and loosing control over the Kyuubi. With Madara out of the way, one would think that Kushina, Minato and Sarutobi (all three well versed in Fūinjutsu) ought to have been able to come up with a sealing plan not involving suicide...

But then, Kushina was dying so maybe death didn't seem like such a steep price for Minato (though one would think that Minato would struggle to come up with a plan that left at least one parent for his newborn child).
Doesn't it mean that the Jyuubi can never be "entirely" complete as long is Minato is trapped within Shiki Fuujin? (i hope Naruto will free his soul one day)

Because a part of the Kyuubi is sealed within the Shiki Fuujin. Weird though. Minato said first... he was able to see through everything i did. So i assumed Minato didn't stand a chance. But as it is now... Minato was caught by suprise but eventually kicked his ass... saved the day...and would be remembered as one of the greatest hero's. (i think)
Old 2010-07-21, 09:51   Link #16
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

I was hoping to see Danzou play some part in this, but he's suspiciously absent as usual. Oh well.

Quote:

Kushina was in an isolated location from Konoha at the time. When Minato arrived back at the village, he had to deflect another Kyuubi blast then summon Gamabunta and use him to hold the Kyuubi so he could teleport it to where Kushina and Naruto were, far from the village where it was causing huge amounts of damage and casualties. At that point, Minato was far from reinforcements and was low on chakra. Kushina was using the last of her strength holding the Kyuubi so there wasn't much time or many options.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 09:54   Link #17
iBeast

Madara is pretty damn overrated...who has this guy beat? It seems like he loses everytime.

Itachi: "In short, Madara is just a bitter loser."

Or maybe, Minato is just a once in a lifetime genius...and pretty modest too ("He saw through my every move")
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 09:58   Link #18
Divine Punisher

Send a message via MSN to Divine Punisher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Also, what i've been wanting to see is a desperate NEED to use the death god of all things to seal the kyuubi... I mean, it just doesn't sound like he really tried fighting the thing, just skipped to the self-sacrifice.
well, according to the spoiler he wanted to teleport him away, but didnt have enough chakra.
but i still agree with you. just because we know the outcome of the flashback doesnt mean that we didnt expect a fight.
at least i did, since this is the event that set off this... great story.
Old 2010-07-21, 10:02   Link #19
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Kushina was in an isolated location from Konoha at the time. When Minato arrived at the village, he had to deflect another Kyuubi blast then summon Gamabunta and use him to hold the Kyuubi so he could teleport it to where Kushina and Naruto were, far from the village where it was causing huge amounts of damage. At that point, Minato was far from reinforcements and was low on chakra. Kushina was using the last of her strength holding the Kyuubi so there wasn't much time or many options.
Exactly. Minato isn't Naruto or Sasuke, he can't perform all fo these high level techniques one right after another without significant drain on his chakra reserves. In the end, Minato simply ran out of options. He knew he couldn't simply teleport the creature hundreds of miles away from Konoha, because then Tobi/Madara would scoop the beast up, and the attack would occur once again. Additionally, he probably knew the failure rating of traditionally sealed Jinchuuriki and how often they go berserk and end up destroying parts of their village (the Uzumakis are the only safe option for the beast), so simply placing the beast in Naruto (or back in Kushina) wasn't really an option (especially considering that Tobi/Madara could potentially come back and break the seal once again).

No, Kishimoto showed, quite adequetly, that Shiki Fuuin was the only real option. If there was no Tobi/Madara to deal with, then the fight might have turned out differently. But because of Tobi/Madara's obsession with the beast, sealing it within Naruto and the Death God was the only option...

That being said, who else expects either Madara to summon the death god in order to get the Kyuubi half or for Naruto to find a way to get the other half from the death god if his half of the Kyuubi is taken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
Madara is pretty damn overrated...who has this guy beat? It seems like he loses everytime.

Itachi: "In short, Madara is just a bitter loser."
One of the biggest reasons I always secretly though Danzou and Madara could be one and the same (or at least connected) is because of just how much they failed at everything they wanted...
Old 2010-07-21, 10:05   Link #20
Slayerx

Quote:
Considering the "special chakra" of the eddy ninjas, and their expertise with SEALING, you would THINK they would have had a plan for just such an occasion... Such as keeping a back up host in kohona in case something happened to the current one; especially since the current one had no plans to avoid child birth which risks unsealing the demon... I mean one of the more damning elements is that fact that other villages like Kumo were able to seal their demon without resorting to self sacrifice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Exactly. Minato isn't Naruto or Sasuke, he can't perform all fo these high level techniques one right after another without significant drain on his chakra reserves. In the end, Minato simply ran out of options. He knew he couldn't simply teleport the creature hundreds of miles away from Konoha, because then Tobi/Madara would scoop the beast up, and the attack would occur once again. Additionally, he probably knew the failure rating of traditionally sealed Jinchuuriki and how often they go berserk and end up destroying parts of their village (the Uzumakis are the only safe option for the beast), so simply placing the beast in Naruto (or back in Kushina) wasn't really an option (especially considering that Tobi/Madara could potentially come back and break the seal once again).

No, Kishimoto showed, quite adequetly, that Shiki Fuuin was the only real option. If there was no Tobi/Madara to deal with, then the fight might have turned out differently. But because of Tobi/Madara's obsession with the beast, sealing it within Naruto and the Death God was the only option...
Or y'know... Minato could have taken advantage of the seal he placed on madara to hunt him down and KILL him...
And hell Naruto hasn't been proving to be all that perfect of a host either seeing as how many times the kyuubi started getting loose... Hell They would have all been horribly screwed if Madara had chosen to capture Naruto back when he was still a genin; considering his ability to teleport and suck people up it would have been pretty EASY
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion