AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-01-14, 18:26   Link #221
forget.me.not

Wow...this question's probably been asked a thousand times but I'm new to the series (just got done with the 3rd eppie) and am wondering who the girl ends up with (aka who I should be looking forward to her getting together with)>

LOL. I guess I spoil things for myself but I just have to know or the angst kills me >.<

Please and thank you ^_^
forget.me.not is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 23:40   Link #222
ch0bittsu
Translating maniac

it's a mystery!
ch0bittsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 23:45   Link #223
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by forget.me.not View Post
Wow...this question's probably been asked a thousand times but I'm new to the series (just got done with the 3rd eppie) and am wondering who the girl ends up with (aka who I should be looking forward to her getting together with)>

LOL. I guess I spoil things for myself but I just have to know or the angst kills me >.<

Please and thank you ^_^
Spoiler for Who?:

Spoiler for If you're confused:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 19:28   Link #224
Sakuya
*Artist

C1 has announced that they're using DVD sources for their encodes from episode 24 onwards. Kind of late though but I'm glad they did! The TV raws were a bit blurry. I'm surprised the DVDs have all been released already for this series. Just when did it first air on TV again?

Almost there C1! Will you be doing the movie as well? I don't think the DVD came out yet though. Now that movie has awesome visuals.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 20:00   Link #225
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 24 was dramatically immersing.

Spoiler:

This episode related mostly in conversations before the storm struck; a build-up to the final confrontation so to speak.

Cheers, C1anime! You're almost done with this enchanting anime. You can do it!

Just two more episodes to go and celebrate the ending.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-28, 00:26   Link #226
domino
デレデレ

I'd also like to applaud C1 for not giving up on this series. Great work, guys! Thanks for sticking up for little under-subbed/under-appreciated series like this one! Only 2 episodes to go!

I also heard that the movie comes out on DVD in February. Does C1 have any plans of subbing the movie, too? It would be a shame if no one subbed it. The animation looks so very very beautiful. And I've never seen (or even heard of) a shoujo anime being made into a theatrical-quality anime (they usually turn it into live-action if it even gets that far at all) before this one, so I'm excited to see how the movie turned out. I heard it was very moving...
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-28, 01:41   Link #227
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
I also heard that the movie comes out on DVD in February. Does C1 have any plans of subbing the movie, too?
I believe Kuruizaki would be planning on subbing it. They already subbed the Kokoro no Yukue OVA (how did I miss that?!) as well as offering raws for the TV series omake as well as the movie's Making Of DVD contents.

Edit:
I checked out the official website for the movie and it seems none of the DVD editions will have 5.1 surround sound even though it's a movie! How can that be?! It only lists 2 channel stereo. o_o

Last edited by Sakuya; 2007-01-28 at 01:54.
Old 2007-01-29, 18:16   Link #228
forget.me.not

Quote:
Spoiler:
Really? o.O That's funny...and depressing at the same time...>.<
forget.me.not is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 22:00   Link #229
Sakuya
*Artist

Stereo does not do justice to the beautiful visuals. I just hope it's an error on their website. Lucky Japanese fans get to watch it with surround sound in the theaters...
Old 2007-01-30, 11:52   Link #230
EmptySoul
C1Anime

We're going to do the movie. We're pretty much just waiting on getting a good DVD raw for it. Also we found VOBs for the whole series so we're probably going to re-release at some point with a revamped font and some other stuff. Anyway, last two eps are out. Enjoy. ^_^ We at c1 were very happy to work on this anime.
EmptySoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 12:03   Link #231
Sinta

I hate the ending it's such a cop out. It almost makes the whole love plot pointless
Sinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 13:34   Link #232
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptySoul View Post
We're going to do the movie. We're pretty much just waiting on getting a good DVD raw for it. Also we found VOBs for the whole series so we're probably going to re-release at some point with a revamped font and some other stuff. Anyway, last two eps are out. Enjoy. ^_^ We at c1 were very happy to work on this anime.
Do you plan on doing the OVAs as well?

It's strange, but ANN has listed three sets of OVAs for Harukanaru Toki no Nakade.

1. Harukanaru Toki no Naka de ~Ajisai Yumegatari~ OVA. Released in late 2004.

2. Harukanaru Toki no Naka de ~Hachiyou Shou~ OVA. Released in late 2005.

3. Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 2 ~Shiroki Ryuu no Miko~ OVA. Released in 2003.

BTW, do anyone knows if the manga has ended? or is still going on?
Old 2007-01-30, 16:37   Link #233
domino
デレデレ

Yay, C1 finished it~ *o* Good job, guys! Looking forward to your sub of the movie, too. Comes out on DVD February 23~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Do you plan on doing the OVAs as well?

It's strange, but ANN has listed three sets of OVAs for Harukanaru Toki no Nakade.

1. Harukanaru Toki no Naka de ~Ajisai Yumegatari~ OVA. Released in late 2004.

2. Harukanaru Toki no Naka de ~Hachiyou Shou~ OVA. Released in late 2005.

3. Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 2 ~Shiroki Ryuu no Miko~ OVA. Released in 2003.

BTW, do anyone knows if the manga has ended? or is still going on?
I dunno if C1 has any plans to sub these, but the "Ajisai Yumegatari" and "Hachiyou Shou" OVAs have been subbed by other groups. They're just very hard to find.... the group that subbed "Ajisai Yumegatari" disappeared from the internet years ago, while the "Hachiyoushou" OVAs and individual character Hachiyoushou endings can be found here.

No one has subbed the Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 2 OVA yet, though. Not surprising, because it's honestly not very good... And it's based on a different world / characters than the other anime. It's based on the second installment of the video game, which features a new miko and new Hachiyou (who, in my opinion, have the least interesting designs / personalities of the 3 Haruka games).

Anyway, with the high popularity of the game Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 3, my prediction for 2007 is that there will either be an OVA or TV series for it announced by the end of the year.

Oh, and the manga is still continuing. Volume 13 was released January 4, 2007.
Old 2007-01-30, 16:59   Link #234
Sinta

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
Yay, C1 finished it~ *o* Good job, guys! Looking forward to your sub of the movie, too. Comes out on DVD February 23~

I dunno if C1 has any plans to sub these, but the "Ajisai Yumegatari" and "Hachiyou Shou" OVAs have been subbed by other groups. They're just very hard to find.... the group that subbed "Ajisai Yumegatari" disappeared from the internet years ago, while the "Hachiyoushou" OVAs and individual character Hachiyoushou endings can be found here.

No one has subbed the Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 2 OVA yet, though. Not surprising, because it's honestly not very good... And it's based on a different world / characters than the other anime. It's based on the second installment of the video game, which features a new miko and new Hachiyou (who, in my opinion, have the least interesting designs / personalities of the 3 Haruka games).

Anyway, with the high popularity of the game Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 3, my prediction for 2007 is that there will either be an OVA or TV series for it announced by the end of the year.

Oh, and the manga is still continuing. Volume 13 was released January 4, 2007.
I hope it's bette then this one because i was not impressed. The ending was especially bad
Sinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 20:28   Link #235
Sakuya
*Artist

I seriously did not find much romance in this series. It was too underdeveloped I think. Or maybe it's just due to the long period of time between watching each episode.

I'd go crazy if they do an OVA or a movie for Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 3! I just love the designs there, especially the main female lead. The art is beautiful.
Old 2007-01-31, 16:16   Link #236
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 25 - Parting of the Clouds

I have seen now the before last episode. I'm waiting to build suspense prior to the last one, therefore, I'm avoiding to read spoilers as much.

This episode revealed the historical background to the origin of the Oni clan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Spoiler:
In a previous post of mine from very LONG ago I commented my speculation about the origin of the Onis, and this episode seems to give sustain and credence to most of my theory. At least the ancestors of the Oni did not arrive to the coasts of Kyou riding dragons or any sort of supernatural creature; they did so by human means.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-01, 00:22   Link #237
nhyn

i really like the poems at the end of each episode...i think someone posed the question of where to get them already, and since there has been no reply yet i just want to ask again, if anybody would be so nice as to tell us where the poems come from and where to get them (some weren't translated, and im not good at reading fancy kanji T_T so...)?
nhyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 01:57   Link #238
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Harukanaru Toki no Naka de ~Hachiyou Shou~ Final Thoughts

Episode 26 - To You in a Distant Time

The problem with the conclusion is that they left it ambiguous so that everyone could give his or her own interpretation from the first PS2 game; anyone of us can choose with whom Akane ended up with.
Spoiler:

Like a few of you have already pointed out, the plot needed more development. They gave us this wonderful ensemble of characters who all possessed inner demons that were eventually conquered; not even the antagonists were depicted one-dimensional either, since they all have their drives and motivations which they acquired from their backgrounds and the manner in which they were all raised.

The problem is that with this much cast of third-dimensional characters and a few quantity of episodes there was little time to immerse the heroine with each one of them so as for one serious relationship rose above all the others.

My interpretation for the construction of the plot was that Akane loved everyone, and each of the Hachiyou focused their thoughts of either love or affection on Akane.

The last confrontation was unanimously solved through Deus-Ex-Machina.
Spoiler:

The only least likeable and useless character was Fuji-hime. To me her only contribution was to give moral support to Akane and stand out as a voice of reason to the most reckless of the Hachiyou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptySoul View Post
I give my absolute praise to C1anime for dedicating this much time to deliver us this enchanting anime in subs.

It took me a little over a year to finish it. I originally was lured to watch it due that the its long title caught my attention and started researching at ANN in late 2005.

Once I read the plot dealt with the heroine taken to another world of epic tale and fantasy, then I knew this show was for me, and I'm very grateful for picking it up in January 2006.

I first started watching the subs from Aoi-Anime, but once they were no longer providing fansubs then I quickly turned to C1anime. It's been great following their releases; the visual and audio quality were on match.

Once again thanks for all C1anime, and let's wait for your release of the movie.

My best regards to the C1anime staff.

-My love is without direction and without end,
Who knows where it may take me,
Only this I can say for sure,
All I wish for is to be with you.

I just hope that someone out there licenses this title.
Old 2007-02-24, 01:24   Link #239
domino
デレデレ

The Harukanaru Toki no Naka de theatrical movie "Maihitoyo" was released on DVD today in Japan ^_^ I look forward to someone subbing it soon~

Also, in a recent magazine poll of the 100 greatest anime characters, Yasuaki ranked #18. :P (which is impressive, since he ranked higher than people like L from Death Note...)
Old 2007-02-25, 08:57   Link #240
FireChick

Yeah! Me too! I hope I get to see cute widdle Eisen as a kid! He's soooo kawaii!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote