AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-17, 01:14   Link #11861
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Considering the batallion was nothing but a rumor even for people as close to the military as the Chiba family, that's a big thing to do.

She has a big heart, but at this rate she'll be getting into big trouble eventually. Then again, you probably want that to some degree.
Remember Tatsuya recieved a gag order infont of the first high council and upper ups;so rather than having a misunderstanding it was better for Erika to tell one truth and leave the other secret concealed. When keeping a secret; you cannot tell a lie but you can manipulate to what degree of info you'll want to give. Nao was curious of Tatsuya's abnormal ability; he might not be a normal civillian, there is a need to investigate his "lineage" but revealing him as a 101 battalion is enough proof....he is just a military reserve;. His curiousity died down from then; it wouldnt be wierd to for him to have abnormal abilities if hes a military reserved; and that also give enough reason to protecting him from foriegn spy.

She already went pass the point of big trouble; now I wanna know what will the Yotsuba do; assasinate her or use her.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2014-03-17, 01:21   Link #11862
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
She already went pass the point of big trouble; now I wanna know what will thw Yotsuba do; assasinate her or use her.
She already has problems with her own family, let's take care of that first.
Old 2014-03-17, 01:22   Link #11863
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest2 View Post
Tatsuya has been beaten several times already by strong magicians and even once by the careful planning the less powerful. Luckily his opponents were caught off guard by his strongest magic(anyone would be), which allowed him a 2nd chance at the fights he was about to lose. And with his magically enhanced genius intellect and training he never fails to take advantage of such openings.
Luckily ?

You mean the author keep repeating the same pattern Deux ex Machina or Plot armor ?
Old 2014-03-17, 01:32   Link #11864
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
She already has problems with her own family, let's take care of that first.
Well more shinning moment for Erika I guess...it wouldnt be wierd if her feelings went berserk anytime soon.....
I wanna see her cry for help; and I wanna see her die too; then to be revive by him!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-03-17, 01:41   Link #11865
NoLife222

The second year 9SC seems to have an informant that tell Tatsuya of the danger. Anyone want to guess who that is? It could be Raymond Clark or Ono Haruka or someone new.
Old 2014-03-17, 01:53   Link #11866
Ultragunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
Luckily ?

You mean the author keep repeating the same pattern Deux ex Machina or Plot armor ?
wait what? Deus ex Machina and Plot Armor? Now that's going a bit too far
Old 2014-03-17, 01:56   Link #11867
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Tatsuya has been beaten several times already by strong magicians and even once by the careful planning the less powerful. Luckily his opponents were caught off guard by his strongest magic(anyone would be), which allowed him a 2nd chance at the fights he was about to lose. And with his magically enhanced genius intellect and training he never fails to take advantage of such openings.
No, I wouldn't call it luck. In the fight against Masaki, Masaki unwittingly compressed air bullets that far surpassed the destructive power of the limits set by the rules, because he panic when Tatsuya closed in on him. He was frozen because he thought he had killed Tatsuya, and normally somone would die after being hit by those air bullets.

Quote:
Seeing Tatsuya begin to crumple towards his feet, Masaki spat out "Shit!" in deep regret.

While in a complete flight or fight mode, he had released magic that surpassed the rules for destructive power. He realized this point the moment he released his magic.

This was only a few seconds after the fact, so the panel of judges might not have noticed yet.

The red flag hadn't been raised yet, but he was profoundly aware that he was about to be disqualified for violating the rules.

That realization caused precious seconds to slip from Masaki's hands.

His mind was completely blank as he concluded that there was nothing he could do to avert that.
In the fight aginst Lina, when she was using brionic, it was true she was taken by surprise when he used his arm to attack which was meant to be destroyed but that wasn't why she lost. It was because of the time lag of moving brionic that cost her the fight.

Quote:
Even only giving consideration to the battle power, Tatsuya should have had a much more difficult struggle.

As her first shot had reduced his right arm to cinders, he interrupted Gram Dispersion in order to avoid receiving greater damage; if he destroyed the information that coalesced it into a beam, the plasma would disperse. He had lost from the moment the beam had started coalescing, and if there had been wider dispersion of plasma when she fired then Tatsuya probably wouldn’t have just lost only his right arm; as much as half his body could have been burned away. Of course, even if it was, his body would probably be instantly restored; however, that had become his winning move and without the sleight of hand with his right arm, he wouldn’t have been able to launch a surprise attack.

From the beginning of the bombardment he had to avoid interfering with Lina in order to curb consecutive damage by using the extra time to construct how the ‘path’ was created. Even if he followed the path of the shot by the shockwave it produced, without a doubt he would have been given enough damage to hinder his counterattack.

During the time the hedges were mowed down, he also shouldn’t have avoided receiving damage. Despite the fact that in order to take away the enemy’s ability to resist, the accumulation of damage was a cornerstone.

The long conversation on the theory of FAE wasn’t necessary. There was absolutely no reason to disturb Lina by revealing the operating principle of the secret weapon.

In the last attack, she hadn’t aimed at the legs, the power had been regulated to stop before the underlayer of the skin burned. By changing the orientation of the Brionac, she had lost critical time. It was not the time lag from being surprised by the restoration of his right arm but rather the time lag produced by moving Brionac that was actually the fatal one.

"Stars Commander ‘Sirius’……I don’t think the job is suitable for you."

Tatsuya muttered the words as he picked up Lina.
In neither cases it was the restoration that caught them off guard that allowed it to him to win, but something else. That being said, it was because of his restoration magic that he could continue to fight. After he restores himself and fights, he sees and opening, and uses it.

Quote:
It's less about the opponents scoring and more about them feeling like the underdogs from the get go. An even playing field is all I ask, and an opponent who isn't a capable but confused and somewhat naive schoolgirl would help a lot with that.
You'll likely get your wish, the antagonist's are now the Dahan sage and Koichi judging from the end of double seven

Last edited by Ultraviolet X; 2014-03-17 at 02:07.
Old 2014-03-17, 02:09   Link #11868
Guest2

I still disagree. Tatsuya used his most powerful magic to put himself back in the game before he was able to take advantage of Masaki. This personal undo ability is still unknown to all his enemies.
Old 2014-03-17, 02:10   Link #11869
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLife222 View Post
The second year 9SC seems to have an informant that tell Tatsuya of the danger. Anyone want to guess who that is? It could be Raymond Clark or Ono Haruka or someone new.
The informant would depend on who or what the danger is. Since I'm thinking its the Dahan sage and Koichi behind it, I'm guessing its somone from the Saguesa clan that warns him. Or maybe Raymond Clark.
Old 2014-03-17, 02:13   Link #11870
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
I still disagree. Tatsuya used his most powerful magic to put himself back in the game before he was able to take advantage of Masaki. This personal undo ability is still unknown to all his enemies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
In neither cases it was the restoration that caught them off guard that allowed it to him to win, but something else. That being said, it was because of his restoration magic that he could continue to fight. After he restores himself and fights, he sees and opening, and uses it.
He restores himself so he can fight, and when he does he immendiately sees an opening and exploits it. However, the reason for the opening isn't from the shock of seeing his restoration magic, but something else.

Masaki
He used restoration magic to repair fatal damage done to his body, to survive.
Reason why he won: Masaki was still standing in shock due to his thoughts that he killed Tatsuya

Lina
He used restoration magic on his arm, which allows him to continue fighting
Reason why he won: The time lag from Lina moving Brionic gave Tatsuya the time he needed to interefere with her spell.

Last edited by Ultraviolet X; 2014-03-17 at 02:28.
Old 2014-03-17, 02:27   Link #11871
Guest2

Eveything you have quoted perfectly matches with what I have said. They attacked Tatsuya and thought he was finished. Following that they were then caught off guard when he was still able to attack. He was able to finish his counter attack before they could successfully react because he caught them by surprise.

Last edited by Guest2; 2014-03-17 at 02:38.
Old 2014-03-17, 02:37   Link #11872
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
wait what? Deus ex Machina and Plot Armor? Now that's going a bit too far
Of course, that's plot armor.
He's always lucky, with Masaki, Lina, or even Tomitsuka ( novel stated Tatsuya is lucky because in the end Tomitsuka's armor has structur, bla ... Bla.... )

You will see more moments where Tats is lucky in the second year 9SC.
Or maybe not because everything he touches turn to Gold.
Old 2014-03-17, 02:38   Link #11873
anonfr

Quote:
Eveything you have quoted perfectly matches with what I have said. They attacked Tatsuya and thought he was finished. Following that they were then caught off guard when he was still able to attack.
I think it depends on what you're saying they were caught off guard by?

Masaki was caught off guard due to his own panic, Lina was caught off guard due to lagging, neither was off guard due to Tatsuya exactly.

I don't see how you think Tatsuya "lost" any of his fights. 1 he holds back, almost never using the full extent of his abilities. 2 his healing factor is one of his abilities that he makes full use of in a strategical manner. You can't just ignore it and say he lost.
Old 2014-03-17, 02:49   Link #11874
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Of course, that's plot armor.
He's always lucky, with Masaki, Lina, or even Tomitsuka ( novel stated Tatsuya is lucky because in the end Tomitsuka's armor has structur, bla ... Bla.... )

You will see more moments where Tats is lucky in the second year 9SC.
Or maybe not because everything he touches turn to Gold.
Restoration is his own personal magic, I dont see how using it counts as plot armour.

Quote:
Eveything you have quoted perfectly matches with what I have said. They attacked Tatsuya and thought he was finished. Following that they were then caught off guard when he was still able to attack. He was able to finish his counter attack before they could successfully react because he caught them by surprise.
To quote your own post

Quote:
Neither of his fights against the two were they caught off guard by his restoration that allowed him to win, it was always something else that left the opening.
Old 2014-03-17, 02:54   Link #11875
pampz21
ShipCore

Spoiler for dont mind me im bored:

Do you think Tatsuya can still be friends with Chiaki?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-03-17, 03:02   Link #11876
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
Restoration is his own personal magic, I dont see how using it counts as plot armour.
So, why he didn't use it freely ?

I don't care if that's 1 on 1 open fight where everyone may use everything they have.

But no, Tats can't do that.

His enemy already use all they have, but in the end Tatsuya only use a little of his power and win because he's lucky.
That's Plot Armour. So, Tats can still continue to keep his secret.
Old 2014-03-17, 03:13   Link #11877
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
So, why he didn't use it freely ?

I don't care if that's 1 on 1 open fight where everyone may use everything they have.

But no, Tats can't do that.

His enemy already use all they have, but in the end Tatsuya only use a little of his power and win because he's lucky.
That's Plot Armour. So, Tats can still continue to keep his secret.
You've made a fundermental misunderstanding here.

Plot armour:Character shields (also known as plot armor or plot shield) are plot devices in films and television shows that prevent important characters from dying or being seriously injured at dramatically inconvenient moments. It often denotes a situation in which it strains credibility to believe that the character would survive.

How does it strain credibility that he uses his own personal magic? How does it strain credibility that he has to keep his own abilities a secret? How does it strain credibilty that the opponents have reacted the way they did?

If you dont beleive the definition, google it up yourself.

define;plot armour
Old 2014-03-17, 03:26   Link #11878
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Spoiler for dont mind me im bored:

Do you think Tatsuya can still be friends with Chiaki?
Sometimes, I don't know whether to be amuse or to plant you head first with a piledriver?

Tatsuya and Chiaki as friends, it could happen if the girl remove that stick shove up her ass....
Old 2014-03-17, 03:33   Link #11879
Riddam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
no no, what I meant to say is that magic abilities create such vast difference in combat that even a pack of highschoolers can hold their ground against the GAA army. And you're right, even without there would be high chance that they would fail.

If we exclude the irregular existence of Tatsuya, among the highschool students there are still Katsuto, Masaki - the heirs to the Ten Master Clan with obvious combat prowess, not to mention Mayumi, Mari even Hattori, Isori, Kanon or Kirihara are very well capable of defending themselves (though the two guys would have been dead if not for Tatsuya)

And at the end of vol 7, "Scorched Halloween" is considered to be a historical event, it confirmed that magic has outgunned other technologies, at least in military affair and magic alone can determine the outcome of a battle, a war
Yes, I'm saying I don't think that their magic technology warrants their loss to first high, no matter how underdeveloped it is. It's just unbalanced writing.

I think the reference about magic determining outcomes has more to do with Tatsuyas nuking ability than anything else.

Quote:
@Riddam
Lu was defeated by a combined front of people with complementary strenghts, none of which would've been able to win on their own. It doesn't really compare to a lot of the stuff Tatsuya can pull on his own.
Stuff like what exactly? Other than Lina, whom Tatsuya defeated through trickery and deceit, he hasn't really fought big enemies, has he?
In any case, Tatsuya is a trained soldier and Miyukis guardian. Fighting is what he's there for. I don't see where you're going with this. Considering Lu Gonghu is one of the most renowned magicians in the world, it's just silly he gets so handily beaten on 3 different instances, regardless of which combination of high schoolers he was up against.
Old 2014-03-17, 03:39   Link #11880
Chirst

OP song sung by Lisa "Rising Hope" (Tv size) is out
Spoiler for link:
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings