Old 2010-11-30, 01:58   Link #6041
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Filipino???? Your not Japanese?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 08:50   Link #6042
Kaoru842

I don't understand why we need Filipino translations, don't they speak English in that country? so for me Filipino translation is not needed since Filipinos can understand the English version
Kaoru842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 09:43   Link #6043
dasvik

Send a message via Yahoo to dasvik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru842 View Post
I don't understand why we need Filipino translations, don't they speak English in that country? so for me Filipino translation is not needed since Filipinos can understand the English version
I don't think it's an "understanding" thing, rather than a "making an impression" thing. In Romania too almost anyone can understand English, especially simple English like that used in petition, but by translating it we show the possible producers that there are many people from many countries wanting the anime.

Regarding the site... I can only say one thing: beautiful!!!
dasvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 09:47   Link #6044
Kaoru842

I don't know but as a Filipino I don't think it is necessary. but if you think that will help out with the petition, then that's fine
Old 2010-11-30, 17:01   Link #6045
FeistyDreams

I'll start working on the Japanese version tomorrow, and see if I can get my friend's help as soon as she's able. ^^

As for the sound effect in the comic, in this case, it's もやもや "moyamoya" which is a "gloomy/feeling sad" type sound. They're both a bit depressed, probably because for whatever reason they're not acting on their wishes, and the other isn't making the move so that they can without feeling weird about. ...For the record, I love and hate Japanese onomatopoeia. They're so useful, but there's SO FREAKING MANY of them, and I have a difficult time keeping track of them. X_X You can practically have an entire conversation in sound effects, if you tried hard enough, rofl. Although, here's a nifty little video for remembering some of them.

As for the connotation behind "daku" in this strip, my friend says it's probably "sex" all around, considering the way they're scolding themselves. She can't figure out what exactly Sousuke means by 今すぐ抱 either XD It's probably short for 抱きたい 'dakitai' though, which is turning the verb into a "want to" form. As a side note, though, it could also be a slight play on words. But then, I LIKE plays on words, so I could be, again, reading too far into it. The common reading for 抱 is 'da' and 'da' is also how Sousuke tends to end his sentences (when he's not in military mode - 'da' being an informal form of 'desu'). So it could be a simple statement of "Right away"/"Just this moment."/"Now." but with the implication that he wants to do naughty things XDDD (But, this really is most likely me reading too far into it, because stand alone like that, it should really probably be read 'hou')

And, lastly, as in reading these last few posts, I realized I was remiss... You did a great job on the site, Selily. ^_^ I'm sorry I didn't say it sooner, I know I'd meant to, but I'd been distracted. Thank you for putting in that effort to get this underway!
Old 2010-11-30, 19:56   Link #6046
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
I'll start working on the Japanese version tomorrow, and see if I can get my friend's help as soon as she's able. ^^

As for the sound effect in the comic, in this case, it's もやもや "moyamoya" which is a "gloomy/feeling sad" type sound. They're both a bit depressed, probably because for whatever reason they're not acting on their wishes, and the other isn't making the move so that they can without feeling weird about. ...For the record, I love and hate Japanese onomatopoeia. They're so useful, but there's SO FREAKING MANY of them, and I have a difficult time keeping track of them. X_X You can practically have an entire conversation in sound effects, if you tried hard enough, rofl. Although, here's a nifty little video for remembering some of them.

As for the connotation behind "daku" in this strip, my friend says it's probably "sex" all around, considering the way they're scolding themselves. She can't figure out what exactly Sousuke means by 今すぐ抱 either XD It's probably short for 抱きたい 'dakitai' though, which is turning the verb into a "want to" form. As a side note, though, it could also be a slight play on words. But then, I LIKE plays on words, so I could be, again, reading too far into it. The common reading for 抱 is 'da' and 'da' is also how Sousuke tends to end his sentences (when he's not in military mode - 'da' being an informal form of 'desu'). So it could be a simple statement of "Right away"/"Just this moment."/"Now." but with the implication that he wants to do naughty things XDDD (But, this really is most likely me reading too far into it, because stand alone like that, it should really probably be read 'hou')

And, lastly, as in reading these last few posts, I realized I was remiss... You did a great job on the site, Selily. ^_^ I'm sorry I didn't say it sooner, I know I'd meant to, but I'd been distracted. Thank you for putting in that effort to get this underway!
XD...I find it funny how you complicate yourself..lol.
Your like a confused Tessa where she goes on and on and no one understands anything because it's beyond their brainwaves...XD
.I can see the room filled with sweat drops rofl.....
Change your name from fiesty, to smartie XD...

I am intrigued by this anomatopea thing..o.O...do regular english comics have that? I dont think I've seen superman making 'gah' sounds lol...
going to check that video out in a bit...

But as you said, the fact he wants to do the naughty! XD!! ahh it tickles me! Am as giddy as you are..
I love it...!

THANK YOU! ^-^.for the compliment!..I will try my hardest.! *bows* Give it your best shot Fiesty! Am cheering for you! its all we're really missing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasvik View Post
I don't think it's an "understanding" thing, rather than a "making an impression" thing. In Romania too almost anyone can understand English, especially simple English like that used in petition, but by translating it we show the possible producers that there are many people from many countries wanting the anime.

Regarding the site... I can only say one thing: beautiful!!!

Thank you too dasnik! I accepted the Filipino (Philipino?) because why deny it? I accepted all others, why turn down Filipino? I try not to be racist lol...

Besides, dasvik has a point, we are trying to make an impression and I err.. should i say "we" greatly accept this massive petition of worldly-languages..XD...

its impressive! Imagin you did a comic and you got a letter in over 10 languages begging that YOUR invented story,...should be a movie/anime...

hell..i'd be crying ;-; ..knowing the world loves my lil story...coming from my lil head...
Old 2010-11-30, 21:08   Link #6047
sy tao

Hey guys, I haven't done the Filipino translation yet

Thank you for recognizing that Filipino fans do exist!

I hope to make the translation as soon as possible!

But, I'll be thankful if Kaoru can help with the translation too ^^
sy tao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 21:10   Link #6048
sy tao

...and meeiwen !!

You're a PRO selily, the petition site is awesome!! more languages to come~~!
Old 2010-11-30, 22:25   Link #6049
meeiwen
Circus Freak

Location: 40 degrees 50 minutes north, 140 degrees 31 minutes east
whew! now that wasn't easy! if you can understand Filipino language, you may find it a little too formal. feel free to revise, friends.

The Filipino Version (Tagalog):

Sa lahat ng Full Metal Panic Fans,

Ang sumusunod ay isang koleksyon ng mga lagda sa buong mundo na hikayatin ang produksyon ng mga 'anime' ng Full Metal Panic! na isinulat ni Shoji Gatou, at inilathala ni Fujimi Shobo.

Ang mga nobelang Full Metal Panic? na ninanais, hinihikayat, at malugod na tinatanggap bilang anime ay kasama ngunit hindi limitado sa mga sumusunod na mga nobela:

Dancing Very Merry Christmas † 踊るベリー・メリー・クリスマス 20 March 2003
Continuing On My Own † つづくオン・マイ・オウン 20 October 2004
Burning One Man Force † 燃えるワン・マン・フォース 20 January 2006
Come Make My Day † つどうメイク・マイ・デイ 20 March 2007
Approaching Nick of Time † せまるニック・オブ・タイム 20 February 2008
Always, Stand by Me: Part 1 † ずっと、スタンド・バイ・ミー 上 17 July 2010
Always, Stand by Me: Part 2 †ずっと、スタンド・バイ・ミー 下 20 August 2010

Kung ikaw ay tagahanga ng anime, anuman ang lahi, bansa, edad, o katayuan, at nagnanais na makita ang kahanga-hangang istorya ng Full Metal Panic bilang anime, LAGDAAN ANG PETISYON NA ITO NGAYON NA!

Sa lahat ng interesado, sa kabila ng kakulangan ng exposure ng kuwento at anime sa buong mundo, ang anime na ito ay isa sa mga pinaka inaasam asam at lubos na tinatanggap.

'Panic' ay mas kilala sa makapagpigil-hininga at makatotohanang action-fantasy sa militar na disenyo, pinakaaasam-asam na romance sa pagitan ng mga karakter na pinakatatangkilik ng mga manonood, kakaibang komedya, mga natatanging karakter na may kahanga-hangang istorya na puno ng misteryo na umaakit sa lahat hanggang sa katapusan.

Kaming mga tagahanga, mga anime lovers, mga taong puno ng entusyasmo, ay lumalagda upang itaguyod at patunayan sa mga walang kamatayang tagahanga sa buong mundo, na GUSTO na ito ay i-animate na detalyado, may dedikasyon, at kagandahan na ibinigay sa amin sa huling tatlong season ng anime.

Umaasa kami na makakita ng higit pa!!
meeiwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 18:51   Link #6050
sy tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeiwen View Post
whew! now that wasn't easy! if you can understand Filipino language, you may find it a little too formal. feel free to revise, friends.

Ang sumusunod ay isang koleksyon ng mga lagda sa buong mundo na hikayatin ang produksyon ng mga 'anime' ng Full Metal Panic! na isinulat ni Shoji Gatou, at inilathala ni Fujimi Shobo.

Ang mga nobelang Full Metal Panic? na ninanais, hinihikayat, at malugod na tinatanggap bilang anime ay kasama ngunit hindi limitado sa mga sumusunod na mga nobela:

Kung ikaw ay tagahanga ng anime, anuman ang lahi, bansa, edad, o katayuan, at nagnanais na makita ang kahanga-hangang istorya ng Full Metal Panic bilang anime, LAGDAAN ANG PETISYON NA ITO NGAYON NA!

Sa lahat ng interesado, sa kabila ng kakulangan ng exposure ng kuwento at anime sa buong mundo, ang anime na ito ay isa sa mga pinaka inaasam asam at lubos na tinatanggap.

'Panic' ay mas kilala sa makapagpigil-hininga at makatotohanang action-fantasy sa militar na disenyo, pinakaaasam-asam na romance sa pagitan ng mga karakter na pinakatatangkilik ng mga manonood, kakaibang komedya, mga natatanging karakter na may kahanga-hangang istorya na puno ng misteryo na umaakit sa lahat hanggang sa katapusan.

Kaming mga tagahanga, mga anime lovers, mga taong puno ng entusyasmo, ay lumalagda upang itaguyod at patunayan sa mga walang kamatayang tagahanga sa buong mundo, na GUSTO na ito ay i-animate na detalyado, may dedikasyon, at kagandahan na ibinigay sa amin sa huling tatlong season ng anime.

nice job meeiwen!! i think this will suffice...great work!
Old 2010-12-01, 19:03   Link #6051
Kaoru842

sy Tao, unfortunately I can't help with the Tagalog Translation. I'm a Filipino-American, can't understand a lot of Tagalog ;-(
Old 2010-12-01, 19:58   Link #6052
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeiwen View Post

ALRIGHT! YAY! *claps*

So that makes it
*counts with fingers*

- English
- Spanish
- Italien
- Romanian
- Russian
- Filippino

SIX languages! and counting!

FrostBitten was going to bring me Finnish if she can..
and Fiesty is -trying- her damn hardest to make japanese but i wont hold it against her if she cant lol...
if you know Japanese please jump in!!
awesome! we're doing great!

Do we have any French? African? Chinese!? Korean!? ^_^...Creo? Please represent!

Quote:
Kaoru: sy Tao, unfortunately I can't help with the Tagalog Translation. I'm a Filipino-American, can't understand a lot of Tagalog ;-(

Don't worry every little bit helps ^_^....
If anyone notice site-errors..just let me know!

Quote:
sy tao:...and meeiwen !!

You're a PRO selily, the petition site is awesome!! more languages to come~~!

meeiiiwen? is that filippino? lol....
and thank you ^.^..i am so humble *bows* v-v...

I won't do it without all these enthusiams ^_^...besides its not my site, its for all FMP fans...^^

Quote:
genjichan: Filipino???? Your not Japanese?
No..o.O..at least am not. I'm from Miami, Florida USA lol...

Last edited by selilychidori; 2010-12-01 at 20:13.
selilychidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 21:02   Link #6053
Slave0fLife
O_O

I could translate to Portuguese, but I'm not sure if that would help. What do you think?
Slave0fLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 22:20   Link #6054
meeiwen
Circus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sy tao View Post
nice job meeiwen!! i think this will suffice...great work!

thanks!
Old 2010-12-02, 06:50   Link #6055
Frostbitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by selilychidori View Post
I already posted the translation on page 301.
Frostbitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 09:29   Link #6056
sy tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by selilychidori View Post
ALRIGHT! YAY! *claps*

So that makes it
*counts with fingers*

- English
- Spanish
- Italien
- Romanian
- Russian
- Filippino

SIX languages! and counting!

and Fiesty is -trying- her damn hardest to make japanese but i wont hold it against her if she cant lol...
if you know Japanese please jump in!!
awesome! we're doing great!

Do we have any French? African? Chinese!? Korean!? ^_^...Creo? Please represent!

Don't worry every little bit helps ^_^....
If anyone notice site-errors..just let me know!

meeiiiwen? is that filippino? lol....
and thank you ^.^..i am so humble *bows* v-v...

I won't do it without all these enthusiams ^_^...besides its not my site, its for all FMP fans...^^

No..o.O..at least am not. I'm from Miami, Florida USA lol...
meeiwen did a great job!!
Old 2010-12-02, 09:32   Link #6057
sy tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru842 View Post
sy Tao, unfortunately I can't help with the Tagalog Translation. I'm a Filipino-American, can't understand a lot of Tagalog ;-(
no problem with that kaoru

Probably, if I would translate the petition to tagalog myself, I can't do it as good as meeiwen's version. . .kudos!
Old 2010-12-02, 10:40   Link #6058
meeiwen
Circus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sy tao View Post
no problem with that kaoru

Probably, if I would translate the petition to tagalog myself, I can't do it as good as meeiwen's version. . .kudos!
i asked Google Translate for a little help. thanks again for appreciating!
Old 2010-12-02, 21:09   Link #6059
akire_and_atem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave0fLife View Post
I could translate to Portuguese, but I'm not sure if that would help. What do you think?
yeah do so if you can! I've met quite a fanbase of FMP in Brazil !
akire_and_atem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 22:52   Link #6060
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by akire_and_atem View Post
yeah do so if you can! I've met quite a fanbase of FMP in Brazil !
Oh yes do it! ^-^ 'SlaveofLife' That would be awesome!

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen