Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-03-10, 19:38   Link #341
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
The only sad thing is Kabuto's role. No possible betrayal, no "I know more than you think" look, no nothing. The guy was completely clueless he didn't even notice a battle was going on, I think there isn't any hope left for this character anymore.
Kishi forgot about me will be his epitaph.

If these 3 last chapters were the arc beginning with the usual short battle that hints at a character's abilities (here CS2 Sasuke) without really showing them then I can say I'm really looking forward to this new arc.
Yeah, Kabuto was downgraded from "mysterious character" to "main henchman" this arc. The chances of him having intentions to betray Oro or that he ever had intentions to betray him seem more unlikely than ever. He can still be redeemed if he has some really amazing fights (say against Kakashi) in the future and gets a backstory explanation.

If both souls are still inside Sasuke, I hope that Oro is the one that is in control for now b/c Sasuke would just immediately go attack Itachi (which would be rushing things), while Oro would probably plot and set up traps against both Akatsuki and Konoha. Plus, like I said earlier, I think he'd be the type to use his form to play some wicked mind games with Naruto and Sakura

"Sakura, I've always loved you. I want to come back to Konoha and be with you.."

"Sasuke...do you mean it?"

"No." *runs her through with Kusanagi*

Ok, this would never happen, but I still think it would be cool...
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 19:44   Link #342
XYKE
Super-Middle weight!

All of your theories of one of them living inside the other is not possible as the side text said:

"Orochimaru and Sasuke - One has disappeared forever, One remains alive. But which one is in the body now? "

at least according to my scanlation, can someone confirm that this is also written in the raw?
XYKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 19:45   Link #343
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

If indeed Sasu is hooking up with somone I see Akatsuki Chick not Saku . Now that he is turned evil I really dont see him downgrading his evilness to hook up with Saku
Old 2007-03-10, 20:36   Link #344
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
That's funny and wrong on so many levels.
Old 2007-03-10, 21:17   Link #345
MobiuS

Quote:
Originally Posted by XYKE View Post
All of your theories of one of them living inside the other is not possible as the side text said:

"Orochimaru and Sasuke - One has disappeared forever, One remains alive. But which one is in the body now? "

at least according to my scanlation, can someone confirm that this is also written in the raw?
Oro has said many times the souls "fuse" ... so by description, the person doesnt disappear forever completely. Only to a certain extent.
MobiuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 21:21   Link #346
XYKE
Super-Middle weight!

He never said they fuse, he only mentioned a few times that their deepest will, will live on...
So, if Oro did manage to take over Sasuke he will kill Itachi FOR sasuke AS oro. get it?
Old 2007-03-10, 21:31   Link #347
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

After this whole Akatsuki fiasco it'll become a situation where Sasuke/Oro still in one body will have to be confronted. They cannot let Oro remain in possession (if he does have possession) of Sasuke's body, so the higher ups will want him dead. But of course, Naruto will rebel against the idea of having to kill his best friend SO... what to do?
Old 2007-03-10, 21:36   Link #348
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiuS View Post
Oro has said many times the souls "fuse" ... so by description, the person doesnt disappear forever completely. Only to a certain extent.
I don't recall him saying explicitly that they "fuse" but it does make sense.

That explains how he was able to heal his arms when part of his soul was severed by the Shinigami.

It's like he used the essence of his container's soul to mend his damaged soul (some people ask how a "soul" can have arms...it just does in the Narutoverse....if the soul is damaged while the person is still alive it has adverse effects on the body damaged like a voodoo doll. ).

That's how I always understood the jutsu to work. He implants his very essence into the new body.

But as to what has been officially said about the jutsu, all I can recall being said is that the Immortality jutsu is designed to anchor Oro's mind to the physical world permanently and that the mind of the host (and apparently former hosts) resides in his sub-concious.
Old 2007-03-10, 22:13   Link #349
XYKE
Super-Middle weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay View Post
I don't recall him saying explicitly that they "fuse" but it does make sense.

That explains how he was able to heal his arms when part of his soul was severed by the Shinigami.

It's like he used the essence of his container's soul to mend his damaged soul (some people ask how a "soul" can have arms...it just does in the Narutoverse....if the soul is damaged while the person is still alive it has adverse effects on the body damaged like a voodoo doll. ).

That's how I always understood the jutsu to work. He implants his very essence into the new body.

But as to what has been officially said about the jutsu, all I can recall being said is that the Immortality jutsu is designed to anchor Oro's mind to the physical world permanently and that the mind of the host (and apparently former hosts) resides in his sub-concious.
If he really does fuse with the souls, that would explain all the faces showing up in that alternate dimension of Oro but it seems very unlikely that if Sasuke was taken over that he will have ANY control over his body except his will to kill Itachi maybe?

Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-10, 22:45   Link #350
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
If he really does fuse with the souls, that would explain all the faces showing up in that alternate dimension of Oro but it seems very unlikely that if Sasuke was taken over that he will have ANY control over his body except his will to kill Itachi maybe?

Spoiler:
Kishi is starting to hype the Uchiha abilities up so I suspect that Sasuke may find a way to break free of the jutsu, unlike the former victims.

I see a possible contradiction here. Oro told Sandaime during their fight that the female body he was currently inhabiting was his second container acquired.

In that image we see atleast 5 potential containers. One of them is the last host who won the free-for-all in Oro's prison.
Old 2007-03-10, 22:46   Link #351
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:

I believe that's about right, though I see no mentioning of the word forever, which imo makes for a pretty big difference. If one of the characters were gone forever though (in any shape or form), there's absolutely no way it could be Sasuke.

Edit: Had a quick look at the bottom text on the last page as well, where it says something akin to "The battle is over, the thing that appears is (basically "the one that won is")... Next issue: Towards the thing he needs!!"

If Orochimaru was in control of the body, he'd already have the thing he needs, but again these next chapter clues are usually useless.

Last edited by ShikaShika; 2007-03-10 at 22:59.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 23:39   Link #352
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Punisher
hmm... akatsuki has three bijuus so far, and they are planning to seal them into themself to gain more power.
Hm they have abit more than three. I think at last count it was 6 or 7? And they're planning to use bijuu to attack countries, If they're sealing them into each member that's still unknown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi
WIth fake spoilers of Akatsuki attacking Kanoha I felt the series will end in 40-50 chapters but luckily that turned out to be a fake . The cover of 345 can be only complimented by this fanart/Dojin
*Saves* Ty ^.^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika
Next issue: Towards the thing he needs!!"
That could really go for Sasuke, Oro, AL or Naruto ... that's just mean .
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 01:10   Link #353
Mists

I think Oro is still there. There's so much more potential in the story if Oro won.

But realize this, Oro did mention numerous times how his soul was getting rejected by the other soul.

So I'm thinking Oro is like "YES! TIME TO ACTIVATE SHARINGAN!" And then sooner or later Sasuke will go against him causing him to body jump again (finding someway to do it earlier than never). I'm thinking you're going to see an Oro looking like Sasuke summoning snakes and what not until the time comes for him to take back control. But right now, I think it's more or less Oro.

Otherwise Kishi made a real mistake in the story (what right do I have to say that? Well...it'd be illogical.....)
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 02:32   Link #354
ShikaShika
無罪

Personally I think it's a mistake to build Sasuke up as a character, and then put him out of any kind of control. I just can't see Kishimoto writing it like that... Frankly I think it's more likely that Sasuke is in control of his body still (even if Orochimaru still lingers somewhere in there).

But honestly, who can say for sure? We're not spoiled with this kind of cliffhangers all too often.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 06:15   Link #355
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

DIdnt Orochimaru only switched bodies....3 times up till now (excl. Sasuke?) How come i see more then 4 faces (and there are probably even more...)?
Old 2007-03-11, 06:38   Link #356
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5
How come i see more then 4 faces (and there are probably even more...)?
Test subjects for the jutsu?
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 06:40   Link #357
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mists View Post
But realize this, Oro did mention numerous times how his soul was getting rejected by the other soul.
Oro said that his current body was rejecting him. I'm not so sure that the will of the host's spirit (who apears to be lying dormant with the others) was resisting.

It may be that Oro's urgency to find a new body or the weakness in power of this body caused and incompatibility and it is rejecting his parasitic presence like person's body that is rejecting a donated organ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
IMHO it would be more interesting, if both of them were gone forever and the result is something like a completely new character, having traits of both of them, but a new personality and different goals.
Since actually Orochimaru hasn't much to do left in his life besides fleeing from Akatsuki and fleeing from Konoha.Sasuke also doesn't have much to offer for the story anymore. It's really unlikely, that they let him return to the village, and if he really were able to kill Itachi, he also wouldn't really have a future anymore.
Okay, he is the main goal for the main character, but Naruto could also progress without meeting Sasuke anymore, just thinking, that he is still alive.
I find this theory to be odd....

Sasuke's lifelong ambition is the death of Itachi, who is one of the current main villains, so he does have alot to offer the story.

We still don't know what Itachi's full plans are concerning his desire for Sasuke to grow strong, seek him out and fight him. Sasuke's entire character is built around that moment so it will no doubt develop into a new arc.

As for Oro, his purpose in life is to acquire as many new jutsu as possible and basically become a living God through his knowledge. He may have just gotten a coveted ability in the Uchiha bloodline, so the hiding and fleeing is over.

He still has ambitions to crush Konoha which is why Danzou tried to trick him by giving details about ANBU that could aid Oro in a new invasion.

He may also want revenge on Itachi and to stop Akatsuki's plans which he showed concern over when he tried to kill Naruto in the Sannin battle. They have stated their desire to kill him as well, ESPECIALLY if he acquires Sharingan so there is an envitable conflict there.

I do think that Sasuke and Oro are going to wrestle over the conciousness of the body. I doubt it will be any type of bizarre DBZ type of "fusion" though.
Old 2007-03-11, 11:07   Link #358
Sankari

I really hope that is orochimaru that walked away. If that was Sasuke. I am SIMPLY DISGUSTED. Sasuke walking away from orochimaru without a scratch?! Thats so stupid! If so, I am done with this manga.
Sankari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 11:29   Link #359
Nitherius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankari View Post
I really hope that is orochimaru that walked away. If that was Sasuke. I am SIMPLY DISGUSTED. Sasuke walking away from orochimaru without a scratch?! Thats so stupid! If so, I am done with this manga.

haha , emo lol
Nitherius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 11:30   Link #360
Smiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankari View Post
Itachi walked away from Oro without a scratch when he was 11 years old. Why can't Sasuke at 16?
Smiley is offline   Reply With Quote