AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2003-11-18, 07:30   Link #41
Guu
yamete...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
Is that game for PC or some console system also by any chance is their a copy of that game translated in english or do I have to learn Japanese
It's for PC (actually there're 2 versions, CD-ROM & DVD Edition, DVD edition has lots of bonus stuff such as Green Green TV OP, CG collection, more BGMs etc.), and nope there's no translation. Only the original Japanese version is available .
Guu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-18, 10:46   Link #42
Shift_

This just goes to show you endings can be unexpected...it was def a Midori and Yuusuke getting together ending....this ending was TOTALLY unexpected...

Kinda makes you think about KimiNozo's ending now...
Shift_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-18, 12:38   Link #43
Doddler

Send a message via ICQ to Doddler Send a message via MSN to Doddler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guu
Ep 12 was air in Japan on 9/29 .
The ending wasn't all that surprising though, as it had the same ending as Midori's line in the game that she left, but the cause is totally different, i.e. not 'cuz Yuusuke bump his head & drop unconscious etc. Well... the story of the anime is different from that of the game in general, such as the char Reika is not supposed to exist, instead there should be a child version of Midori, and the trio (Ichibanboshi, Bachi Guu & Tenjin) in the game is not half as "crazy" as in the anime. Anyway, I did enjoy the series, but I wouldn't expect a 2nd season though, and if you feel like knowing more about green green, I would highly recommend you to play the game, which has nice graphics + hilarious music (but I like the H-scene piano music the most ) + funny story + mostly only one long H-scene at the end for each char.
Amazing, someone else who played the GreenGreen game ^_^. I thought I was alone here .

I really liked the game myself, even if I didn't know a whole lot of japanese when I played it (3 years ago). Highly recommended .

Doddler
Doddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-18, 13:32   Link #44
DarkSide Hero
Hero From the Darkside

Thumbs up At least Futaba gets a shot

I refuse to believe that that was the ending. Whatever happened to a lovely happy ending? Well At least Futaba gets a shot.
DarkSide Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-18, 13:36   Link #45
Sakaki-
AnimeONE Typesetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xess
Ahh, since this is an episode 12 discussion, i'm not going to bother using spoiler tags since people who haven't watched that episode shouldn't be reading this anyway. Well, on to it.

That was a great ending. From ep 1 already Reika had been saying that fate cannot be changed. I guess she was right. I'm a big Futaba fan anyway, so that was a good ending for me.

I liked the part where the baka trio met the monkeys who are smarter than they are. I never expected something like that. Well, at least Tenjin finally got Sanae to call him onii-chama...

And what does the text at 21.55 say? The one right before the closing credits. Does it say that a new show called Kimi ga Nozomu Eien will be airing next week? Well, only took them 8 weeks to finally finish off the final ep of Green Green, not bad... And I sure hope they do make a 2nd season, but the story does seem rather well concluded already though.

Lol i dont know what about being a futaba fan makes what happend any good.
Since he only saw Futaba as a friend how ever you twisted and turned it around.

Take Care
Sakaki-
Sakaki- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-18, 13:38   Link #46
McGrugg
Gruggy Wuggy Lubs j00

Send a message via AIM to McGrugg Send a message via MSN to McGrugg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_
This just goes to show you endings can be unexpected...it was def a Midori and Yuusuke getting together ending....this ending was TOTALLY unexpected...

Kinda makes you think about KimiNozo's ending now...
I actually expected it to end where she goes back to the future. I was wanting it to end the way it did but now I don't. I didn't really like Midori much until this final episode.

Didn't Reika say that Midori would fall in love with another person in one of the episodes? If I'm remembering right I'm dissapointed we never got to see this person. Mabye she was just referring to someone she meets in the future, who knows.

BTW, did Futaba end up liking Baachi in the end? When she says "that idiot" it kind of threw me off on if she was reffering to Yuuske or Baachi.

McGrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-18, 14:05   Link #47
Shift_

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrugg
I actually expected it to end where she goes back to the future. I was wanting it to end the way it did but now I don't. I didn't really like Midori much until this final episode.

Didn't Reika say that Midori would fall in love with another person in one of the episodes? If I'm remembering right I'm dissapointed we never got to see this person. Mabye she was just referring to someone she meets in the future, who knows.

BTW, did Futaba end up liking Baachi in the end? When she says "that idiot" it kind of threw me off on if she was reffering to Yuuske or Baachi.
I didn't hear anythinga bout midori falling in love with someone else...

I expected Midori to go back to the future...but with Yuusuke....heh...

I HATED this ending...it was a waste...unless if they make a 2nd season, since Midori can't go back in time...Yuusuke will remember...and find some crazy way to go the future
Shift_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-18, 14:32   Link #48
Xess
Go Suzuka!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakaki-
Lol i dont know what about being a futaba fan makes what happend any good.
Since he only saw Futaba as a friend how ever you twisted and turned it around.

Take Care
Sakaki-
ahh, i just didnt want yuusuke to live happily ever after with midori.
Xess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-18, 15:59   Link #49
Jinx626
Yo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrugg
I thought she was referring to Yuuske....but that could be because of my wishful thinking for them two hooking up I am really hoping for something to happen between the two besides a freakin handshake.....I am also curious does Futaba remember Midori since she was there when she left?
Jinx626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-18, 16:32   Link #50
Anlushac11

Cool

I was disappointed.

This ending bout had me in tears and feeling depressed. I dont think I have been this depressed by an anime since ep10 of Kanon.

They go through the first 9 episodes dancing around the issue of a romance plot with multiple characters and then jump in with both feet, tangle it up and kill it in 3 episodes. And nobody hooked up with anybody. Everyone ended the series the same way they started, alone. Where was the romance? more like a Shakespeare tragedy.

I expected somehow for Yuuske and Midori to be together, even though I had a feeling Midori would have to go back leaving Midori and Futaba in the same time so they can develop a relationship. And didnt Reika say Midori and Yuuske are fated to never be together? Carrying part of her life force doesnt count. And judging by the end he can communicate with the part of Midori that is inside of him.

And I do feel that Futaba has feelings for Yuuske, since thats why she was all moody and depressed in last several episodes.

I do not feel that there will be a second season. BUT if there is I would expect things to progress for Yuuske and Futaba.

However IIRC the track record for Ecchi series sequels is rather slim.

EDIT: Its no so much that I thought Yuuske thought of Futaba only as a friend, he played what to me was a typical anime male love interest. He had no clue why a really cute girl like Midori was throwing herself at him and he was as equally clueless as to Futaba's feelings toward him. When Futaba sorta confessed to Yuuske in the library he was shocked.

And Being so in love with Midori in the past that Yuuske commited suicide together with Midori and promised to be together with her eternally I was suprised to see so much resentment and resistance on his part after he got his memories back. I could see him wanting some time alone to think but the shutting her out and telling her to go back to her own time was not right.

edit 2: I just remembered a line from the Bible. IIRC it is Johns 3:16 "There exists no greater love than that of a man who gives up his life for his fellow man" I can assume this applies to women also.

In that context there is no greater show of the love that Midori has for Yuuske than that she willingly and without hesitation gave up her life energy for Yuuske.

Last edited by Anlushac11; 2003-11-18 at 17:36.
Anlushac11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-18, 17:25   Link #51
Kenji Ikari
Lazy Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Kenji Ikari Send a message via MSN to Kenji Ikari
This series ended like I thought it would but hoped it wouldn't. It was obvious that he just wouldn't suddenly fall in love with midori even if he did get his memories back, especially since he didn't get his memories back until one of the last episodes. It would have been: in the last three episodes he suddenly got his memories back, they fell back in love, lived heppily ever after, the end. If it had ended ike that the plot would have been to shallow.

And if he had been in love with her they would of had troubles anyway. For one she didn't belong in that time and for two they were kids anyway. Not like they could have went off to live together. The only possible way I could see is for him to go back to the future with her.

I also knew that this series wouldn't end with him with Futaba. It was unlikely that he would run to another girl right away after regaining his memories even if he didn't like Futaba. Not to mention that she would have had to leave soon anyway.

I was cheering for both Futaba and Midori though. Midori because she was suppose to be his main "choice," and Futaba becuase for most of the series she was the main "choice."

If there was a sequel it would problably be about him and Futaba in either the girls' school/new co-ed school they were trying out or about him going to the future. Though the first one would be unlikely because Midori was the second most important character and she can't come back to that time.
Kenji Ikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-18, 18:10   Link #52
Wolfwood2970

god damn i hated that ending

I was hoping that Yuusuke would ask Reika if he could go with them to the future.... oh well

I was cheering for Futaba and Midori the whole time... I think the ending was still horrid though

Futaba seems to have gotten OVER Yuusuke its very very obvious.... When Futaba is in the bus she looks over at Bacchi and says "that idiot" with the same gleeming eyes Yuusuke had for Midori when he remembered everything

Thing is that i doubt Futaba would call Yuusuke an idiot.... So anyways this does show that Futaba kinda likes Bacchi... which i think is sooooo bad... Bacchi relies everything on a book for god sakes.... I definently dont think Bacchi deserves any emotions for Futaba whatsoever

Anyways yes i guess this does open up suggestions that a second season will come but lets face it guys IT WONT HAPPEN.... its highly doubtful... The fact that Green Green was shown at like 1 am in the morning is bad enough.... I dont even think they had that many viewers at all in Japan

Anyways i would love to see another season but wouldnt be shocked to see that another season didnt happen

GAH i miss Midori

Also i dont think that Green Green really show any character development for Wakaba....
Wolfwood2970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-18, 18:19   Link #53
Jinx626
Yo!!

I was wondering since some people have played the game what is the reason Midori goes back to the future if not for giving up her life force to save Yuuske?
Jinx626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-18, 20:19   Link #54
Key Board
Carbon

I was wondering since some people have played the game what is the reason Midori goes back to the future if not for giving up her life force to save Yuuske?

The anime version was watered down and left quite a lot unexplained.

But to make it short, it was "fate"

Personally, I thought the anime was slap to the face for newcomers to the series.

The anime was much more crazier and slap stick compared to the game. As such, the sudden plot twist came out very shocking in the end. The tried to make it as light hearted as possible, but knew they had to follow the game eventually.

It's like giving a baby a candy and promptly taking it away.

It was especially cruel to new viewers and insulting to veterans of the game since they dumbed down the plot.
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-18, 21:52   Link #55
Anlushac11

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
Well, maybe dying once has bothered him... but after all, since Midori was really dumb, he had to do all the thinking in this relationship..

BTW, wasn't it Ichibanboshi Futaba looked at and not Bachigu?
You are correct.
Anlushac11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-18, 22:03   Link #56
Wolfwood2970

yeah it was ichban boshi

SORRY some nimrod kept on saying Bacchi and so i actually got tricked in thinking it was Bacchi (well the names mixed up)
Wolfwood2970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-18, 22:18   Link #57
Kurara
Ningyou Hime

Send a message via ICQ to Kurara Send a message via AIM to Kurara Send a message via MSN to Kurara
I just wish Midori and Yuusuke would have been together, but I knew they wouldn't be. -_-; Because that's what usually happens in that type of anime. The guy has a cute bouncy affectionate girl around him, and a cold and a bit bitchy [ ^^;; sorry, Futaba fans! I'm just making a generalization.. I don't think she's really.. err.. bitchy.. x.o but if I wanted to judge her quick, I would call her that way ] girl secretly likes him and he ends up with that girl instead of the bouncy girl. It was a bit obvious from the start.. I didn't like the fact that "fate" decided the future of the characters.. ::shrug::..
I just liked Midori! ._.; And honestly, I think Yuusuke is kind of dull.. :P not that it's necessarily bad.. But I just didn't specially like him. I didn't think he was that special.. :P If I wanted to push it further, I could say that he only stood out next to the three pervered guys..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board
The anime was much more crazier and slap stick compared to the game. As such, the sudden plot twist came out very shocking in the end. The tried to make it as light hearted as possible, but knew they had to follow the game eventually.

It's like giving a baby a candy and promptly taking it away.

It was especially cruel to new viewers and insulting to veterans of the game since they dumbed down the plot.
I haven't really played the game, but I agree with you on this.. Because I can tell there was a conflict in the anime. Personally, I prefered the comedy.. If the love story had been removed, I think it would have been a lot better. .. I think the anime just isn't well balanced. ^^; I liked it though.. The only problem is.. You see these stupid things the characters do.. and it's really funny.. and suddenly there's a serious love story part out of the blue.. I really disliked that.
Kurara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-18, 22:27   Link #58
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Lets all hope for an season 2 and the guys all go to the girls school. And somehow Midori can return again but this time they can stay together like how it should of been in the first place and defy fate once more.
Old 2003-11-18, 23:13   Link #59
Seiryuu

What an episode! All the perversions and violations were worth it for this. However, I'll probably spend some time philophosizing before I come off the fence on my overall opinion of the ending.
NOTE: BELOW HERE, I AM TOTALLY INDISCRIMINATE CONCERNING WHAT OTHERS HAVE AND HAVEN'T SEEN. IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE SERIES TO EP 12, GET THE *%&#$^#@$% OUT OF HERE.
That said and done with, I must say this is the first series I've seen in awhile that holds this point of view. A rare and generally unpopular viewpoint in this modern world. Some religions, and some denominations of Christianity, believe in predestination, but even they hold that we have at least some control over our fates. I can't remember the last time I've seen a series that suggests that one can't change their destiny. Even when the hero has to fight the creator of the universe itself, he ends up coming out on top.
Yet, I'm not sure that this one says you can't fight fate. I mean, in the end, Midori was satisfied that their souls were one, even if they could not exist in the same millennium. So, did they beat fate or not?
On a side note, before the forum crash, on a review of ep 10, when Yusuke regained his memories, someone posted a simple outburst of laughter towards fans of Futaba. First I'll say I'm one of them. I knew that Yuusuke's heart belonged to Midori, and I wanted them to be together. But frankly, I can't stand that type of girl(you know, breasts bigger than her head, less sense than the SanBaka monkey-doubles). I personally would always choose an assertive, tomboyish, modestly-endowed girl like Futaba(or Lina, or Akane...) over an overly-endowed bimbo. But so far as the laughs directed at us, who's laughing now? I'm not sure, cuz I can't really say which of the two girls really won out in the end. Philosophical debates could be spawned by such a scenario.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-19, 04:07   Link #60
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

Thumbs down

i can't believe i watched all 12 episodes of that ... bleh
Seravy is offline   Reply With Quote