AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2009-03-18, 00:09   Link #1
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
My computer screen turns red

My computer screen turns red. I want to know what's causing this and also the fix I need to apply. Thanks in advance.

P.S. - This problem started yesterday.
Old 2009-03-18, 01:46   Link #2
sa547
*Author

Is your monitor new or old?

I've seen some examples of this problem: If it's a CRT monitor and it's also old (including surplus or refurbished monitors), there could be a problem with the VGA plug/socket (loose or bent pins) or the picture tube itself. Banging the side of the monitor as a temporary measure to clear up the "redness" is not recommended, as it could further damage the monitor.

Although it's possible to have a television/monitor technician to correct severe cases of this problem, it's better to replace the monitor with a new one (quality 17" CRTs are now affordable).

Last edited by sa547; 2009-03-18 at 03:47.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 02:59   Link #3
Photonbeam

Thanks for your reply.

~

My monitor is more than 6 years old.

It's a CRT monitor and an old one.
Old 2009-03-18, 03:31   Link #4
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

i think it's a physical problem. so just have your repair guy diagnose it... but most likely it's the tube. try to borrow another CRT to test if it indeed is the CRT, if not it may be a driver problem
Old 2009-03-18, 03:32   Link #5
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photonbeam View Post
My monitor is more than 6 years old.

It's a CRT monitor and an old one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
If it's a CRT monitor and it's also old (including surplus or refurbished monitors), there could be a problem with the VGA plug/socket (loose or bent pins) or the picture tube itself.
As suggested by sa547, visually inspect the VGA cable plugs and sockets (on both the PC and the monitor) looking for a bent pin. If available, try a different cable if possible (if the cable is part of the monitor then you would not be able to do this).

One thing you will need to determine is if the problem is with the monitor or your PC. After making sure the plugs and sockets are not damaged (for example, with a bent pin), then you will need to try the monitor with a different PC and the PC with a different monitor.

If the fault is with the monitor (and not just a dodgy pin or connection) then there is little chance of fixing it. Replacement may be the best option, very often the cost of having it fixed isn't worth it and there is a good chance it can't be fixed anyway. Even the cost of the taking it to a repair shop isn't worth it.

If the fault lies within your PC, then you will need to replace the video card (if the video is built into the motherboard then you will need a new video card most likely).
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 22:44   Link #6
Photonbeam

Thanks for all the answers you people gave. Problem solved.