AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-25, 06:27   Link #1
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Steins;Gate - Character Discussion - Kiryuu Moeka

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Kiryuu Moeka related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Steins;Gate fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-06-25, 09:36   Link #2
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2011-06-25, 09:43   Link #3
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Definitely my least liked character in the series...
address: unknown
job: unknown
hobbies: unknown
goals: unknown

90% of her interaction comes from direct mail, mainly to Okarin, and for someone so interested in his lab, she sure spends a lot of time not being a lab member...
Old 2011-06-25, 09:50   Link #4
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
I never felt like she was interested in his lab to begin with. She was just using him to find what she was looking for.
Old 2011-06-25, 10:01   Link #5
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I always felt Okarin was stupid to let Moeka get in on everything.
Clearly suspicious, far more than any other character.

So it wasn't surprising that she "betrayed" and killed Mayuri.
Seems there is some hate for Moeka growing because of the murder, but I personally never cared much about Tutu~ru-girl much in the first place to care.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2011-06-25, 16:34   Link #6
Mentar
Banned

My hate stems from the fact that she killed Mayuri. How can you harm someone as kind and sweet as her? Needed or not? You really need to have more than one screw loose for that... (though the latter was clear as day for many episodes).

I demand comeuppance!
Old 2011-06-25, 16:39   Link #7
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Moeka lied!

Tuturu died!
Old 2011-06-25, 19:11   Link #8
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

In Moeka's defense, it seemed rather obvious that she didn't want to kill Mayuri. Not that it makes what she did any less horrible, but she didn't look as though she wanted to do it.
Old 2011-06-26, 01:37   Link #9
Mentar
Banned

Er... how was that obvious?

I'd have said that it was obvious that she didn't give a wet fart about Mayuri's life.
Old 2011-06-26, 09:08   Link #10
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Er... how was that obvious?

I'd have said that it was obvious that she didn't give a wet fart about Mayuri's life.
Her hesitation to pull the trigger (shown by the finger's slow halting pull) indicates an internal conflict of some sort. Whether she was hesitant about killing Mayuri specifically or simply over shooting a person at all is up for debate in my opinion.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2011-06-26, 09:15   Link #11
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

What LKK said. Plus, the way she exhaled after actually shooting the trigger indicates there was some sort of internal struggle going on even when she decided to do it. Of course, I personally think it was because it was Mayuri, but it's just as possible that she doesn't like killing in general.
Old 2011-06-26, 10:49   Link #12
Marina2

Moeka : You can't spell my name with out "MOE"ka !!!!!!

So, What is FB?? (First blood???)

"For....First blood....First blood...First blood" LOL
Old 2011-06-28, 06:37   Link #13
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Kiryuu Moeka? More like Killyou Moeka, amirite?
Old 2011-06-28, 10:37   Link #14
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Her hesitation to pull the trigger (shown by the finger's slow halting pull) indicates an internal conflict of some sort. Whether she was hesitant about killing Mayuri specifically or simply over shooting a person at all is up for debate in my opinion.
There was no hesitation to pull the trigger at all. This was all merely a slow-motion scene, the finger moved without stopping or slowing down.

We see her mumble "for FB... for FB... for FB" - if anything, this could be the ONLY way to argue for hesitation - that she needed to convince herself to do it.

Then she shoots, and we don't see a trace of doubt or remorse or conflict in her face. None whatsoever.

I say that she's got a few screws loose (like she had in the episodes before). But not that she's feeling some kind of moral dilemma over killing Mayuri.
Old 2011-06-28, 15:02   Link #15
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
We see her mumble "for FB... for FB... for FB" - if anything, this could be the ONLY way to argue for hesitation - that she needed to convince herself to do it.
But the fact that she was mumbling it at all still seems to indicate that there was some kind of conflict going on in her head at that point; she seemed to be reassuring herself of what she was about to do. And again, I point to her exhale after pulling the trigger, which indicated she was accepting some kind of weight or whatever for what she had just done.

I'm not going to really argue that she was possibly hesitating because it was Mayuri, or because in general, she doesn't like killing people. But I still think Moeka can be redeemed. There are other time lines, after all; and we still don't know why she's working for SERN in the first place.
Old 2011-06-28, 15:53   Link #16
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I just wanted to say Moeka is smokin' hot. I'd choose her over Mayuri any day! ;p

On a more serious note, I agree that she's not exactly thrilled at killing Mayuri. I do think whatever her motives are, she's trying hard to believe that the ends justify the means, which would probably make her a tragic heroic villain? Someone who really is out for the greater good? :/

Anyone want to speculate why, if Moeka is with SERN, she was looking for an IBN 5100? A SERN employee doesn't seem like the type who would need to find one.

Edit: Oh, why does she wear a sexy bodysuit while the other members wear plain clothes and white masks? I thought, maybe she rode a motorcycle, but see in episode 13 she drove a car. Just fanservice? Or is there another reason for the suit? Hrm.

Also, her goons have a strange tattoo. More evidence that they may not be SERN? Aaaaaargh. Have managed to avoid spoilers for 13 episodes. I can hold out for the rest of the season. I can!

Last edited by creb; 2011-06-28 at 16:42.
Old 2011-06-28, 16:11   Link #17
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I'm convinced Moeka is the target of some brain washing.

She can't be the main enemy here.
Old 2011-06-29, 10:57   Link #18
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
we don't see a trace of doubt or remorse or conflict in her face. None whatsoever.
Though as far as faces go, she was never the one to show her emotions on her face much though.
You won't be seeing a "SUZAKUUU!" "LELOUUUCH!!" anytime from her soon.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2011-07-02, 13:50   Link #19
Revoyoshi

She also shows some affection for Okabe, implying that she called him as "Okabe-kun" when she was on the phone, after knock down Mayuri.
Old 2011-07-02, 13:54   Link #20
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Btw, I know the relatively popular theory is that Suzahu might be "John Titor", but I'm going to throw this out there:

What if Moeka is John Titor? The "real" John Titor that the Steins;Gate John Titor is VERY similar to, supposedly traveled back in time to search for an IBM 5100, and Moeka has seemed a tad obsessed with...the IBN 5100.

And, what if she called herself "John" Titor because she's the woman Daru (which I think most of us feel is "Barrel" Titor) impregnates eight years in the future, giving birth to Suzahu nine months later. Her quick befriending of Okarin could be explained by actually already being future Okarin's friend by virtue of his friendship with future Daru.

Anyways, just trying to think of alternatives to the Suzahu is John Titor theory, as I've never liked it, mainly due to the pacing of events in episode one, though I also admit nothing about how events unfold in episode one prevent Suzahu from being John Titor; they just make it more complicated.

Edit: It's a little unclear how well Suzahu knew her parents. I feel like there's some implication she never knew them really, which is one impetus for her wanting to meet her father, which would make it possible that she never knew her mother as well, for anyone who might think it weird that Suzahu wouldn't recognize Moeka.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters