AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-26, 19:20   Link #641
Siphine
The Dreamer

so do you guys think there will be a season 2?
Siphine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 19:36   Link #642
sky black swordman

^ IMO doubt it.
If it did I would surprised.
Old 2012-09-26, 19:46   Link #643
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
^ IMO doubt it.
If it did I would surprised.
Season 2? It's very unlikely. The premise already exhausted in this 12 episodes, and i heard that this anime gained harsh critics even on its own website (Although not to the point of Campione)
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 20:34   Link #644
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
It doesnt matter if its fiction or real life... Some basic stuff like love, feelings and relations between people never change. Do you know what licentia poetica means? You can create everything you want in world of fiction. But still you need to hold onto rules you created yourself... If you want real harem end feelings for all girls should be equal... Real equal. Outside factors like politcal issues, being stuck together etc etc shouldnt really matters. Its not how love work. If i see in anime hints that one girl is "special" then harem end is fictional.
Harems can still exist, even if some girls are favored over others. You are trying to put your own ideals over the already existing meanings of tropes/subjects. It doesn't work that way.
Old 2012-09-27, 02:29   Link #645
EnOfEridu
a.k.a Enki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
Season 2? It's very unlikely. The premise already exhausted in this 12 episodes, and i heard that this anime gained harsh critics even on its own website (Although not to the point of Campione)
The story seems to be over for good. I can't think of a continuation.

Unless is the story of Ryosuke's father. Really, there was just a hint about who he was, and then nothing.
Old 2012-09-27, 03:12   Link #646
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnOfEridu View Post
The story seems to be over for good. I can't think of a continuation.

Unless is the story of Ryosuke's father. Really, there was just a hint about who he was, and then nothing.
About Ryosuke's dad, probably you can read some spoilers on Dakara Boku LN thread. Apparently there're some complicated circumstances regarding his dad, but anime adaptation rushing it and making his appearance looked nothing more than cameo.
Old 2012-09-27, 04:42   Link #647
Dorsai

Justinstrife but thats just temporary solution. It cant last forever. Most of harem characters are just teens/young adults... Thats why I told authors run ayway from answering to question when they using harem end. And thats why its rare to see it nowadays, authors learn from mistakes some of them used...
Old 2012-09-27, 04:59   Link #648
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

no no no... there's no season 2... season 1 ending isn't showing any possibilities for it...

honestly, this show is an example of bad adaptation.... I hope manga adaptation will not be like this...

I don't hate this anime (because I watch it till the end) but just disappointed because of huge amount of unnecessary fanservices.... C'mon! I know this series is a lot of better than it...
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 06:23   Link #649
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Justinstrife but thats just temporary solution. It cant last forever. Most of harem characters are just teens/young adults... Thats why I told authors run ayway from answering to question when they using harem end. And thats why its rare to see it nowadays, authors learn from mistakes some of them used...
Ah, true, true, i agree with you. Harem indeed provides good laugh but leads to shitty ending, not to mention that the girl's feelings always get sacrificed in the process. Well, i understand the reason behind your complain, but in the end, harem sells doesn't it? Authors don't try to runaway, they're just trying to satisfy the reader's liking (because ecchi and harem will absolutely attracting every healthy male). This is why eroge are very popular in Japan, since you wouldn't see eroge without one dude get surrounded by a bunch of bishojos.

Last edited by Insane; 2012-09-27 at 06:44.
Old 2012-09-27, 11:20   Link #650
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
You would be surprised about the different kinds of relationships that are out there Dorsai... Polygamy is nothing new, and in some parts of the world is still practiced. Even if from the eyes of the more modern societies.
Old 2012-09-27, 15:09   Link #651
ImperialFlameGod8190

Dakara was very boring which is sad because at first people compared it to DxD and now thats a massive insult
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 19:40   Link #652
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

wow im with imperial on this one very boring wtf did i just watch 12 episodes of this? the only good parts were some lovey dovey scenes imo but hey i give it a 5/10 it wasnt the worst ive seen
Old 2012-09-27, 20:47   Link #653
Insane
Banned

Kinda agree with you. The sudden turn of this series from a "ero-comedy romance" into "epic huge battle" feels kinda forced and of course would make most of its viewers dumbfounded.
Old 2012-09-27, 20:52   Link #654
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Can we blame it on Ishihara? I liked it when we all used to do that. Brought us together as a forum. I feel bad wanting to give the blame to the staff.
Old 2012-09-27, 22:02   Link #655
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Sigh and yet again they designed the plot around the ecchi but at less the ending really didnt suck that bad

5/10
Old 2012-09-27, 22:24   Link #656
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

As mentioned many times, Lisara just had poor development. I wanted to like her, but the series never gave any real reason to besides typical tsundere-ness and a lot of "exposure".

With the way the series went in development, I would've expected Mina or Quele to end up winning. I mean, we had a WHOLE episode dedicated to Quele truly discovering she was in love with Ryosuke, even having Mina explaining some of his habits and pointing out the good sides of him, thus allowing Quele to become even more enamored with him.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 22:25   Link #657
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Just watched the sub... and well... glad Risara is with the MC. Not much "awesomeness" in the last episode.

What caught my attention was the dog... He knows what "censorship is!

I agree with Master_Yoma but I'm giving this 6/10 for choosing Risara above the rest.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 22:42   Link #658
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Just watched the sub... and well... glad Risara is with the MC. Not much "awesomeness" in the last episode.

What caught my attention was the dog... He knows what "censorship is!

I agree with Master_Yoma but I'm giving this 6/10 for choosing Risara above the rest.
Risara's standing was already clear even since episode 1 : Being a main heroine, being Ryosuke's partner, living under one roof with him, and clearly dominating Ryosuke out over other heroines. No wonder that she won at the end. It's common trope in most harem anime that goes "First girl wins".
Old 2012-09-27, 22:44   Link #659
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
It's common trope in most harem anime that goes "First girl wins".
Not really...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 22:47   Link #660
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Risara's standing was already clear even since episode 1 : Being a main heroine, being Ryosuke's partner, living under one roof with him, and clearly dominating Ryosuke out over other heroines. No wonder that she won at the end. It's common trope in most harem anime that goes "First girl wins".
Agree completely, and the studio needs to be ashamed for using the FGW trope like they did. Lisara LITEARLLY won BECAUSE she was the main character. She didn't develop AT ALL, did nothing to SHOW why he liked her, and even AFTER the "hook-up", she has BARELY changed. She only won because she was suppose to, and in turn, made this pairing feel VERY forced. Then the ONE thing Ryousuke is all about, she straight up says she hates. So WHY do you like him again?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
With the way the series went in development, I would've expected Mina or Quele to end up winning. I mean, we had a WHOLE episode dedicated to Quele truly discovering she was in love with Ryosuke, even having Mina explaining some of his habits and pointing out the good sides of him, thus allowing Quele to become even more enamored with him.
Agree 100%

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, science fiction, shounen