AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite F/sn Character Poll (Multiple Choice allowed!)
Emiya Kiritsugu 52 5.36%
Emiya Shirou 190 19.59%
Saber 577 59.48%
Tohsaka Rin 477 49.18%
Archer 443 45.67%
Ilyasviel "Ilya" von Einzbern 229 23.61%
Berzerker 31 3.20%
Matou Sakura 121 12.47%
Matou Shinji 13 1.34%
Rider 197 20.31%
Kuzuki Souichirou 17 1.75%
Caster 85 8.76%
Assassin 112 11.55%
Kotomine Kirei 38 3.92%
Lancer 124 12.78%
Gilgamesh 165 17.01%
Fuji Nee (Fujimura Taiga) 65 6.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 970. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-10-06, 01:44   Link #121
Archer

Post deleted

Last edited by Archer; 2006-10-10 at 00:03.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 17:39   Link #122
anselfir
Style Über Alles

saber and rin.
Old 2006-11-26, 19:42   Link #123
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCKnight View Post
Saber is my favorite. She is also the best girl for Emiya. I'm still trying to figure out how she knew about Japanese culture? Also,

Spoiler:
What proof do you have that King Arthur was even a guy? It's just commonly accepted ever since Thomas Malory wrote Morte D'Arthur, and TH White (who was homosexual) followed up on it with Once and Future King.

For all we know, King Arthur was Queen Arthur. Or Girl Pretending To Be A Boy King Arthur.

It's just another interpretation, and frankly, I think it's quite cute. "King" Arthur instead being a 5'1" girl that kicks ass with a sword more than half as large as herself? Well, I think that's just cool.

Plus, ahoge=thx.
Old 2006-11-26, 19:54   Link #124
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Unless she had magical powers I dont think a queen arthur would have worked out. nevetheless, i must say there are so many awesome moments for saber, they all blend into an atmosphere of awesomeness
Old 2006-11-26, 22:23   Link #125
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Saber has short hair when it's all bunned up...and she's [relatively] flat. I think she could have easily passed for a guy.
Old 2006-11-26, 22:28   Link #126
Zarion
Obsessive...

I had to pick between Taiga and Ilya, but I picked Ilya, because she is just so cute!
Taiga reminds me of Excel from Excel Saga, and Ilya reminds me of Colette from the game Tales of Symphonia.
Say yes to comic relief!
Zarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-27, 10:43   Link #127
FSNxPhantom
ZOMG!!! HEAVEN'S FEEL FTW

Send a message via AIM to FSNxPhantom
My avator says it all.

Sakura, Rider, Assassin, Archer, Gilgamesh, and Shirou

Heaven's Feel FTW!!!
FSNxPhantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 03:55   Link #128
zjhentohlauedy
Alienating

CASTER!!!! all the way!
of course Archer is still the coolest!
zjhentohlauedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 17:59   Link #129
straightjacket
Heroic Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Saber has short hair when it's all bunned up...and she's [relatively] flat. I think she could have easily passed for a guy.
The bath scenes reveal her as decently endowed.

In armor Saber could pass for an effeminate guy. Of course, she still wears a dress while armored, but her subjects still referred to her as "he".

What that generally explains is that her subjects recognized her as a capable leader, but chose not to recognize her as a woman. I think that adds to the tragic feel of her desire to redo the Selection of the King.

Saber supresses her emotions, and realizes that even though she wants to be accepted as a woman, her subjects will not accept her as such. That's why I like her relationship with Shirou. He recognizes her abilities as a combatant (begrudgingly), but also recognizes her as a woman. That's why she ends up falling for him.
straightjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 19:05   Link #130
desertlily
ahaha

i love illya!!!and saber in a close second
desertlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 05:19   Link #131
yrael32
Kami ang... Maskman!

Archer! w00t! "Unlimited Blade Works..."

Spoiler:
yrael32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-22, 10:54   Link #132
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
hmm
Illya, Rin, Sakura and Saber I liked those girls...
Old 2006-12-22, 12:56   Link #133
bladerash

Quote:
What proof do you have that King Arthur was even a guy? It's just commonly accepted ever since Thomas Malory wrote Morte D'Arthur, and TH White (who was homosexual) followed up on it with Once and Future King.

For all we know, King Arthur was Queen Arthur. Or Girl Pretending To Be A Boy King Arthur.

It's just another interpretation, and frankly, I think it's quite cute. "King" Arthur instead being a 5'1" girl that kicks ass with a sword more than half as large as herself? Well, I think that's just cool.

Plus, ahoge=thx.
according to the legend: The one that gave arthur his fatal blow was his son, raised by the mother and kept away from him. if arthur was a female, she would've given birth to her son herself.. >_<.
Arthur also actually had a wife, who cheated on him with lancelot though...

Weither arthur really existed is a question itself.. more likely the english made these stories up because the french had their own history and heroes and the english didn't.

But yea.. a girl kicking ass with a sword is more attractive...

who was archer? robin hood?
bladerash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-22, 13:28   Link #134
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladerash View Post
according to the legend: The one that gave arthur his fatal blow was his son, raised by the mother and kept away from him. if arthur was a female, she would've given birth to her son herself.. >_<.
Arthur also actually had a wife, who cheated on him with lancelot though...

Weither arthur really existed is a question itself.. more likely the english made these stories up because the french had their own history and heroes and the english didn't.

But yea.. a girl kicking ass with a sword is more attractive...

who was archer? robin hood?
Type-Moon's Mordred has a slightly different story. Unlike his 'father,' though, Mordred was fully male.

Archer is not a historical figure, I can tell you that much.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-22, 14:21   Link #135
bladerash

at first I thought saber would be Joan of Arc...
but king arthur.. lol, who would've thought a genderchange like that.
bladerash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 06:04   Link #136
herculysse

Can I do multiple choice?!
I was very perplexed,
then I voted for most favorite-- Rider.
Spoiler for comment for other characters:
herculysse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-30, 21:48   Link #137
Aquapearlofvoice

Send a message via Yahoo to Aquapearlofvoice
Rider, Saber, and Caster
Aquapearlofvoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-30, 22:29   Link #138
mlai

Saber gender discussion? OK.
Not that the legendary Arthur was female. But, conceivably he could have been female.
The King Arthur legend has many elements of Sarmatian myth. Sarmatians were armored heavy cavalry auxiliaries that the Roman Empire used to defend its borders, Roman Britain amongst them.
Watch the 2004 King Arthur movie to understand. Not historically accurate, but you get the general idea.
Sarmatians also had a tradition of equality between sexes in military, when the need called for it. Women fought too. There is a documented Sarmatian queen who defeated the armies of Persian kings. She's not Arthur, mind you, but it shows Sarmatians had warrior queens.
mlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 20:51   Link #139
Zalith
GrimmHime

Archer- I've liked him since he first appeared. Mmhmm. He's a badass. He's hot. He's got teh skills. He's basically awesome <_<. He's manly, and he's got the "protective" thing for Rin :P.

Saber- You'd have to be insane to dislike her. I mean, comon. She's the best main character I've seen in any anime. She's awesome. She can own just about anyone.

Assassin- Just something about his..aura, should I say? I love the way he speak too. And his outfit's not too bad either.

Rin- I love her determination, and how she handles things. She's like a parent to the people around her, and she knows how to make decisions and not let them be biased by her own feelings. Example- When she let Archer handle things with Berserker while they ran away. She knew that Archer was going to die. There's no way that Archer could've won against that monster. However, Archer was the only one who could buy time for them. Rin isn't all that strong. Shirou wouldn't stand a chance, and I highly doubt Saber, who can barely walk in her condition, would be able to withstand even one blow from Berserker. They would all die if Archer didn't stay and fight though.

Rider- She's different from the other servants. She's not so harsh, and she's rather gentle. And what else? Her movies are damn sexy.

Gilgamelsh- I love that bad ass attidude of his. Most of the time, I find arrogance in characters annoying. But his kind of arrogance was..dominating. Also, those last lines of his as he touched Saber's face was just so..memorable.

I would've chosen Ilya if only she didn't kill my beloved Archer. x[
Zalith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 21:48   Link #140
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Quote:
O.K. You just made that up.

You're off by almost 900 years. The earliest surviving account of Arthur that I know of was written in the late 6th Century. Many of the more romantic myths surrounding Arthur were concocted in the 12th Century Vulgate and Post-Vulgate cycles. Mallory's Le Morte d'Arthur was published in 1485.

No one can prove anything about Arthur, as most of the accounts of his life, including the earliest, are fictional. The switch from male to female, I suspect, was entirely a Type Moon innovation.
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote