AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-02-12, 11:52   Link #10741
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
Nice to see there's still some people around here I looked around and found some links to prove my link to Kami's new manga is a legal website with the proper copyrights. So if you're an admin, hope this will be enough to convince you to not delete my links.

Article 1
Article 2

Now here's the link with the first two chapters of "召喚!! 剣豪学園".

And here's a small summary.
Spoiler for for fun!:

I wonder where this manga will be going, but for an introduction it's nice enough. Not nice enough for me to want to buy it yet but who knows maybe in the future. My prediction, the principal will turn out to be evil. Don't have any sort of proof, just a hunch
Thanks for the links and info, Ynot.
Old 2015-02-20, 07:45   Link #10742
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

We've checked the links, Ynot, it's okay to post them. And I'm glad there's some new stuff to read, too. ^^
Old 2015-03-13, 19:37   Link #10743
Avvesione

I received the hard copy a while ago, but haven't had a chance to talk about it yet.

What I said earlier about it being Imai Kami's 4koma was not entirely true. The manga is a normal type of manga, very similar to Needless in many respects. The 4koma part I mentioned is the stuff that's published online on ARCADIA's website and what many of us have seen since last year when he started working for ARCADIA again. FWIW, the 4koma comics are included in the volume at the end as a bonus.

As for the manga itself, I strongly encourage anyone who was interested in Needless to pick it up. Not only do the two share many similarities, but Kengou Gakuen does improve on a few areas where Needless had some issues, particularly with its storytelling. Although it is broken up into chapters like any other manga, the pieces flow together more smoothly and the transitions are seamless. It doesn't have that typical pattern of story, build-up, climax, cliffhanger like many chapters in Needless had, so it reads naturally in this volume format.

Then again, it could also be because it isn't as heavy in its story as Needless was and seems to be a bit more action-y based on these first 9 chapters. It also seems to be a bit more fanservicey than Needless (probably because it's an all girls cast) but still the same type of fanservice with pantyshots and torn clothes. Comedy is there, too, which is refreshing to see.

I strongly, strongly recommend people to pick this up and give it a try. It's definitely the spiritual sequel to Needless until Kami gets around to starting Needless 2.
Old 2015-03-13, 20:01   Link #10744
Esclair

Wait, we're not getting Needless 2?!
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-14, 11:32   Link #10745
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
Wait, we're not getting Needless 2?!
We'll get Needless 2 eventually, but Kami said he wanted to work on another project first before diving right into Needless 2 after finishing Needless 1. That and he probably doesn't have the story for Needless 2 completely written, and will want to spend some time refining the story after the lessons he's learned over the last decade.

Apparently, he's had this idea for Kengou Gakuen for a while and he was working with different publishers to get it started. Now that he's started it, it sounds like it's only a matter of time before he finishing writing Needless 2 and starts that manga up again.
Old 2016-03-26, 08:24   Link #10746
Ynot

Anyone still here? Look mom I'm posting in a necrothread!

I haven't seen any sort of activity from Imai Kami for awhile now so I'm starting to wonder if we'll ever see a continuation of Needless. I would love to be wrong though.

Anyways I've read Imai's prototype of Needless, "Blackspot". Since I forgot most of the kanji I once knew(I've pretty much stopped learning japanese since Needless ended) and Blackspot is two volumes worth of manga the only thing I got is the gist of it.

If there are enough people still here who'd like me to write down a small summary I will. Just realize it will probably contain a couple of mistakes and a few assumptions. Still, I think i can write something which will fill up that "black hole" of not having a clue what's going on in Imai's early work .

Last edited by Ynot; 2016-03-26 at 13:09.
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-26, 10:32   Link #10747
Ladiusman

Wow, this thread is over a year old...

Anyways, I've always been wanting to read this but somehow kept putting it off because of work and stuff. And just recently I binge read all the volumes and Needless 0. Oh, and I also watched the anime solely because of Koyasu Adam, lol. Well, wow what a freaking wild wide that was.

So, how's Imai Kami's other works, like Shirasunamura and Kengou Gakuen? And again, Needless 2 when?
Ladiusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-26, 13:07   Link #10748
Ynot

Ladiusman. I´m really happy Needless wasn´t finished yet when I started reading it. Coming here and talking about what happened and would happen next was something I always looked forward to when a new chapter was released.

Personally I´m not all that interested in Imai´s other works(or at least what I read of it so far). But then again it was only starting with vol 8 or so I really began to enjoy reading Needless.
Old 2016-03-26, 14:50   Link #10749
Kurohane

Long time no see. Yeah, we're all waiting on Needless 2 to continue discussion. I believe Imai said he was going to take a break, but it's been a few years now. Hopefully, he's started working on it, since both Needless 1 and Shirasunamura are complete.
Old 2016-03-26, 17:52   Link #10750
Ynot

^ Yeah it's been awhile. Shirasunamura and Needless have been finished quite some time ago. He's released a volume of Kengou gakuen since then, but as far as I know the magazine which published that comic has been canceled. I have no idea what he's doing now. the last news item on his website is about a year old. I could really appreciate some Needless news after a two year(?) hiatus.
Old 2016-03-27, 07:15   Link #10751
Homura7

Boy, it has been how many years? Glad to see everyone is doing fine. Remember me? I'm K. Shiruto.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-03, 09:16   Link #10752
Ynot

I finished writing a summary for the first volume of Blackspot. I've put a lot more time and effort in it than I originally planned(looking up unknown kanji page after page is tiring) so I'm feeling a bit drained and unmotivated to do vol 2. Don't know if I will do vol 2 with the same kind of zeal but if I do it will be a long time from now.

Spoiler for Blackspot vol1 summary:
Old 2016-04-03, 11:40   Link #10753
Kurohane

Thanks, Ynot!
Old 2016-11-08, 18:44   Link #10754
Ynot

Finally some news about Imai Kami!

If you've been keeping an eye on his website you'll know it has been rather dead for a very long time. Some people were starting to wonder whether something seriously bad had happened to the mangaka. Well, there's some news about him.

http://ln-news.com/archives/44430/post-44430/

Apparently he's going to do a comic adaptation for an online novel? I'm not entirely sure. I would've preferred Needless 2(naturally), but I was already starting to think we'd never hear of him again so this is kinda good news.
Old 2016-11-13, 14:26   Link #10755
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
Finally some news about Imai Kami!

If you've been keeping an eye on his website you'll know it has been rather dead for a very long time. Some people were starting to wonder whether something seriously bad had happened to the mangaka. Well, there's some news about him.

http://ln-news.com/archives/44430/post-44430/

Apparently he's going to do a comic adaptation for an online novel? I'm not entirely sure. I would've preferred Needless 2(naturally), but I was already starting to think we'd never hear of him again so this is kinda good news.
The wait will be worth it if he's taking time to iron out the details for the first few arcs and an outline of where to go from there. Also getting the work continued for publication might be difficult (plus the other stuff he's working on). I'm reminded of 3x3 Eyes where it was 5-6 years after the manga ended that we got the gaiden that was only a few chapters, and after another 6 years, the full blown sequel started.
Old 2016-11-15, 14:12   Link #10756
Ynot

I'm a patient guy Kurohane so I can wait but Imai has repeatedly had health problems so that did make me wonder. Btw, if it's going to take as long as 3x3 eyes to get a sequel I really hope I'm still alive and my taste in manga hasn't changed!
Old 2017-01-04, 10:24   Link #10757
Ynot

Look what I found today

Main page is https://hobbyjapan.co.jp/ for mods if they want want to check the legalities of this link etc
Old 2017-01-04, 12:57   Link #10758
Kurohane

What is this?
Old 2017-01-04, 17:05   Link #10759
amtro
Distro

A preview of the manga adaption of Infinite Dendrogram.
Old 2017-01-04, 18:38   Link #10760
Ynot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
What is this?
Like amtro already said, it's the preview of the manga adaptation of Infinite Dendrogram. It's originally a web novel and now a manga too. I believe up until chapter 7 of the novel has been translated.

Tags
action, comedy, seinen