AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2010-09-06, 19:09   Link #1921
NecocYaotl

Akari story still not ended... And I thought Wakaki said this time will be short. Well, he's busy for the coloring for sunday mags (for chapter about 4 weeks from now). anime cd jacket, etc and working for the tankobon (this time with 6 message paper with all of them have Haqua pic) so I can forgive him for taking a break.
Too bad Keima doesn't have M side on him. Akari S attitude toward him may make him excited if he does lol
I think the human Akari wants to made probably like Nietzsche' Ubermensch. And while she said she want to make a perfect human she never said that she herself is a perfect human, might lead to something, or not.
NecocYaotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 19:37   Link #1922
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Keima got owned by that girl
Pretty much sums it up

I thought that this was the best KamiNomi chapter we had recently, and this is saying something considering how good the manga was to this point.

Spoiler for Chapter 112, in which a God and a scientist argue and you won't be surprised:
Things are starting to become interesting
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAKami View Post
The "correct" title would have been "Absolute Girlfriend", referencing the shojo manga "Absolute Boyfriend" by Yuu Watase.
Thanks for pointing that out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAKami View Post
Also, the rumors about their public kiss would be short-lived if it goes anywhere, thanks to Hell's memory revision policy. They aren't being quite thorough with it, but I think they would cover that.
I agree that the kiss will be forgotten once the Memory division does its thing, but that'll happen once the capture is complete and if this arc ends up going for a while ...
Old 2010-09-06, 19:40   Link #1923
Xacual

Honestly I question whether or not Akari is really as unaffected by the kissing as she appears to be. I mean her attitude did change after she saw him with Elsee.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 19:44   Link #1924
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I think she was trying to get to know a bit more on him when she was spying on him in the classroom.

As for why she is unaffected by the kiss, maybe Kemia lost his touch?

Don't kill
Old 2010-09-06, 19:55   Link #1925
Shadow5YA

I think Akari will help make the greatest capture arc in this series because of how well she can get under Keima's skin. If Keima wants to capture Akari, then he'll have to change himself and his views on the Real. If Keima can change his attitude, then I think Akari will be inspired to change hers as well.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 20:35   Link #1926
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

^ I can see possibly going to that conclusion. We already know that Kemia has been going through a slow but gradual change to accept the Real and care about others throughout the manga run, and I can see how (for reasons quigonkenny summarised before, she can the perfect catalyst for this development. Though I still don't think it'll be a drastic change unless we manage to
Spoiler for hint:
that will weight the same as a huge development such as this one.
Old 2010-09-06, 21:18   Link #1927
Somnus
Eh?

Brilliant chapter, Akari is quickly becoming a favourite of mine!
Old 2010-09-06, 22:13   Link #1928
ellifeedn
Thinker

Should the spirit inside Akari become strong enough, how will it affect Akari? Will it somehow make her robot come to life?

...That has potential of creating a rather scary, if not creepy, moment in this series. Neh, couldn't happen.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 22:51   Link #1929
Nosauz

kami sama is so kawaii, man Akari is one of the coolest heroines cuz she bringing on the development
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 02:58   Link #1930
pampz21
ShipCore

Rereading it make me think that the most serious capture was:
Kanon cuz they well you kinda dated and exchange # to the point that Kanon calls Keima 36 times....nxt is Akari! cuz the always kiss and makes up!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 03:07   Link #1931
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

If anything, Akari's capture seems to be bringing out a lot of Keima's genuine self.

Instead of having his usual facade, his flustered reactions towards her responses (which are quite adorable) are blindsiding his plans, and causing him to speak from himself, instead of some setup situation he makes.

Akari has had hold the reigns for most of the arc so far, so I have no idea how Keima's going to make an impactful comeback.
But he will!!

BTW, when was the last time Kami-sama parted some good ol' galge words of wisdom?
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 07:35   Link #1932
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I began to like this arc. The characterization of Akari is good for me. It seems that this arc is trying to improve Keima's character, and at the same time giving him more harems. She seems like an easy girl when the first time I looked at her, and not to mention that her arc seems to be somewhere along the upcoming Diana's request arc(?). I thought that it was going to be an easy capture since Keima should've more concetrated on searching for Diana's sister....but the development are getting more and more complex than the standard swaying the girl's heart and take the spirit.

It was almost as seem that she can actually see Keima's personality well despite the fact that she's not around him much longer than any other girl. I think she's like Chihiro who criticized Keima at the beginning of her arc, but with Keima not that depressed at the current time. We can also see that Akari's heart is not easiliy swayed like Chihiro, and trying to get her heart seems to be quite hard now

Quote:
I agree that the kiss will be forgotten once the Memory division does its thing, but that'll happen once the capture is complete and if this arc ends up going for a while ...
I actually hope that this will bring some development to the love affairs of Keima's girl in the school should the rumour got spread. Well, if the memory division does its thing, a girl who actually remember it can be automatically be seen as a goddess right ?

..I secretly hoped that the memory division actually failed this time and makes the rumour spread until the school festival...

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 09:24   Link #1933
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Let's see. This arc will end with Akari reveal her goddess status and kiss Keima on stage... with entire school looking... include all of Keima's harems up to date...

Hell will break loose!!

PS: about chapter 112, Keima's got owned pretty bad... And more delays of new chapters?
Old 2010-09-07, 10:02   Link #1934
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post

Hell will break loose!!
Hakua or Elsee?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 11:32   Link #1935
ImAKami
Paragon of Ero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Hakua or Elsee?
Obviously the former.
Old 2010-09-07, 21:01   Link #1936
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

kami no mi is on break last week(or was it this week? I'm not sure, but there is a 1 week break for kami no mi). So no new chapter for 1 week.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 02:00   Link #1937
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Guess he's working away with those anime folks. Oh well, it's a small price to pay, if we get a new quality show out of it.
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 01:16   Link #1938
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I think she was trying to get to know a bit more on him when she was spying on him in the classroom.

As for why she is unaffected by the kiss, maybe Kemia lost his touch?

Don't kill
The point is not that she spied him, but she tried to hide it when he looked over her place, and when he asked about it again in the club room. That's probably the first "imperfect" action we have seen from her in this arc.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 18:30   Link #1939
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I took that as her trying to avoid giving Kemia the impression that she is curious about him. Also, I don't remember Akari ever saying that she was ''perfect'' just that she was trying to create the perfect being (hell, she even even degraded herself a couple of times during this chapter, first with her comment on why he wanted to stay with a women how reeks of oil and apologising for being a detestable women (though the latter came in the form of a retort)).
Old 2010-09-09, 21:07   Link #1940
mammothb

For all we she might be a tsundere, given the fact that she has twintails haha
mammothb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen