AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-25, 19:46   Link #2521
Lefty182
Slow In the Head

Group: Koharubi
Project: bakemonogatari
Position: Translation checker
IRC Channel: #koharubi@irc.rizon.net
Email contacts: vamosdeporfan@gmail.com

We're looking to sub bakemonotagari next season, and have all the staff needed besides a TLC.

Last edited by Lefty182; 2009-06-26 at 19:15.
Old 2009-06-26, 21:41   Link #2522
mamo-chan
Fansubber

Group: Live-eviL
Project(s): Ask Dr. Rin, Dirty Pair TV, Kimagure Orange Road TV, Snow Queen
Position(s): J->E Translators, Translation checkers
Contact(s): Tlynnec, Suzaku|RCGoLE, YaoiBoy, Mamo-chan
IRC Channel: #live-evil@irc.enterthegame.com
Webpage: http://www.live-evil.org
Email contacts: mamochan@live-evil.org
Old 2009-06-27, 00:04   Link #2523
tantei okuoku
Mystery Otaku

Group: Kindaichi Academy Works
Project(s): kindaichi manga and anime, tantei gakuen Q manga, lupin the third manga and anime
Position(s): JP->E Translators, CN->E, Fr->E, Arabic->E, Translation checkers, manga typeseter as well
Contact(s): tantei okuoku, kamikazeee, strike2020, techman 16, or spider
IRC Channel: #KAW@irc.rizion.com
Email: seabiscuit.0@gmail.com
Old 2009-06-27, 02:44   Link #2524
KOTO
useless user

Group: ThorAnime
Position: translator (for various movies and ovas on bluray). Also maybe a good editor.
Contact in irc channel.

Last edited by KOTO; 2009-06-27 at 13:46.
Old 2009-06-28, 03:38   Link #2525
solsticesubs
asd

Group: Solstice
Project: The Sacred Blacksmith (Fall 09)

Position: J->E Translator
Note: You might have to help out with Tears to Tiara too.

Edit: We're open to joints if you're providing the TL.

IRC:
#Solstice@irc.rizon.net
Look for asd or SHiN_aKuMa

Email: Solsticesubs@gmail.com

Last edited by solsticesubs; 2009-06-28 at 07:42.
Old 2009-06-28, 16:30   Link #2526
Waylonzzz
Dango

Send a message via ICQ to Waylonzzz Send a message via AIM to Waylonzzz Send a message via MSN to Waylonzzz Send a message via Yahoo to Waylonzzz
Position(s): Japanese to English Translator, Timer, Quality Checker (QC, essentially an editor)
Group: Mochi Fansubs
Project(s): Pandora Hearts, Canaan, Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica Crimson S
IRC Channel: #mochi@irc.rizon.net
IRC Contact: Dango or Yuugu
E-Mail: contact@mochi-subs.com
Old 2009-06-29, 11:09   Link #2527
andy_blah
~Buri Buri!~
*Fansubber

Group: Kureyon Alliance

Projects:

Kureyon Shin-Chan (action movies, not the episodes);
Positions: J->E Translator(s); Translation Checker; Distribution; RAW provider(s); Capper (for things that aren't available on DVD); Timer(s); Karaoke Effects
YAT Anshin! Uchu Ryoko (series 1 and 2);
Positions: J->E Translator(s); Translation Checker; Quality Checker; Distribution; Timer; Encoder; Karaoke Effects
NG Knight Ramune & 40 (plus DX and EX)
Positions: Distribution; DVD-iso RAW provider; Karaoke Effects
Medarot (and Medarot Damashii)
Positions: J->E Translator(s); Translation Checker; Quality Checker Distribution; Timer; Karaoke Effects

We accept other projects as long as they are comedy and/or slice-of-life, and only if you can fill a position for it.

Last edited by andy_blah; 2009-07-06 at 04:20.
Old 2009-06-29, 15:58   Link #2528
JJS
Copypasta Connoisseur
*Fansubber

We are IN Denial would really like some help in the following positions:

ITALIAN->ENGLISH TRANSLATOR - Yeah, we really need someone who can decrypt the Italian chorus in Umineko's OP. Drop a message to me and/or bd_ on Rizon if you can help out quickly

Timer (1) - Must have previous experience

Translation Checker (1) - Be able to double-check and have a chat with the main translator to resolve any discrepancies.

QC (2?) - Be on call to watch and re-watch a potential release to catch stupid spelling errors, comma abuse (this is key), and general dumb mistakes.

--

These positions are needed for most of our current projects (Higurashi Rei, Hidamari Sketch x365) as well as future projects (Umineko). We're a close-knit team that generally takes it easy, but someday we'd like to try weekly releases again (HAH!).

If you're interested, come bother me in #windfs on Rizon.

Edit: Apparently we didn't need the hardcore afx typesetter. Sudden staff motivation has occurred...

Last edited by JJS; 2009-07-01 at 22:51.
Old 2009-06-30, 12:35   Link #2529
Shal_Dengeki
ASR Fansubbing

ASR Summer Projects

Hi all,

ASR:Kurou Underground Translations (ASR for short) is looking for motivated individuals to help sub a few projects this summer and beyond. We're a small but growing group that started out as a speedsub group, but has since then developed into releasing high-quality fansubs for several popular anime series.

Our planned projects for this summer include the Clannad Kyou After OVA, Spice and Wolf II, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei OVAs, and Lupin vs Conan OVA. It's a full plate, and a few of our staff members are already filling multiple roles, so we're hoping we can get a few people to fill the following positions and flesh out our staff a bit more:

Capper: If you're able to cap things that aren't available on DVD, or get us releases even the slightest bit earlier, we'd love to have you onboard.

Translator: Japanese->English preferred, though at this point we're willing to take Chinese->English or Korean->English. You must be proficient in your language, however; first- and second-year language students need not apply.

Translation Checker: Same as above, though the requirements aren't so stringent in terms of Japanese. You must have flawless English skills, though.

Encoder: You must have a fairly powerful computer- our current encoder does all of his work off of his laptop, which is pretty slow. In addition, you must have a decent internet connection, as you'll be uploading workraws and final encodes, which take a significant amount of bandwidth. If you're not familiar with encoding, he is a wealth of knowledge on the subject, however, so extensive experience in this field is not required, though it is preferred.

Styler/Typesetter: A good eye for aesthetics is required, and the ability to be on when scheduled.

Timer: Some experience with Aegisub is preferred, though not strictly necessary. As always with timing, great patience is a must.

Quality Control: Only two criteria are really necessary for this job- a good handle of English, and the ability to be on and present when we need you. You'll be watching (and re-watching, preferably) our release candidates for errors with translation, timing, or encoding immediately prior to distribution, so you're the last line of defense, so to speak.

Our primary concern with the above positions is that you be able to hang out with us and work efficiently. Not a whole lot else is required aside from the position-specific skills. If you fit any of the above positions and are looking to contribute to the fansubbing community, please give us a ring either in our IRC channel at #ASR1 on Rizon, or by email at: admin (at) asrkurou (dot) com.

We're a fun group of people, so even if you aren't looking to work for us, please visit us at #ASR1 on Rizon! Hope to see you there soon!

Last edited by Shal_Dengeki; 2009-07-01 at 18:51. Reason: added capper
Old 2009-06-30, 21:33   Link #2530
schultzz
P-Bfs encoder

perfect blue recruit

Group: Perfect Blue fansubs
Project(s): Suzumiya Haruhi no yuuutsu (2009), angel beats , K-on! blu rays
Position(s):
JP->E Translators
must be fluent in japanese, no fansub experience needed we will teach you how to.
karaokers
Contact(s):Schultzz
Email: superkirby8@hotmail.com
Old 2009-07-03, 23:33   Link #2531
Zilveari
Retired(?) Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Zilveari
I'm looking for a translator for a single episode project. You'll translate the episode, and i'll take care of the rest. You will obvously get credit, and if your group wishes to have credit as well that is fine.

I'm an experienced timer, but my TS, encoding, etc is elementary. And I wouldn't know what to do with kara/AFX so if any of these may be interested drop me a line.

PM me on rizon for details, i'm usually on Zilveari.

EDIT: Will also offer my services as a mercenary. I'm not really interested in being held down by a regular subbing schedule, but if you need a timer/editer/qcer/etc due to whatever type of emergency contact me on rizon.

Last edited by Zilveari; 2009-07-04 at 20:45.
Old 2009-07-04, 18:40   Link #2532
dragontamer08

Hello, hello!

Position(s): Grammar checker. Also editor or QC if Japanese is not required. ^^;

Contact me via email at dragontamer08@gmail.com

Thanks for the chance to try out the subbing scene! ≥.≥
Old 2009-07-07, 19:47   Link #2533
Nol888
FansubNoob
*Fansubber

Unrobust post history nonwithstanding,

I would like to offer myself for the position of Encoder.

In terms of encode experience, I'm probably newer to the scene than encoders for established groups, but I learn quickly, and have experience under my belt. I can encode from .ts, and depending on the source, can make .ts encodes look pretty nice.

In terms of hardware, I have a i7 920 overclocked to 3 Ghz, with 6GB of RAM. 2-pass H.264 encodes can be completed in less than an hour, and .ts IVTC+filter encodes can take up to 6 hours, depending on the source and the target quality of the end product.

In addition to encoding, I can do rudimentary Karaoke FX in both ASS and AFX. (More experience in ASS.) I'm also gaining experience in AFX typesetting, and I can readily ASS typeset.

I do not have a preference for any shows, and will likely accept a project given an offer.

You can contact me via PM on this forum, on IRC as Nol888 or Nagato`Yuki at #Yuki@irc.rizon.net, or by e-mail at nlum [antispam-replace-with-at] nol888.com. I look forward to potential replies (or none at all), but please, no flame mail.

TL;DR: Fast-learning medium-experience encoder with i7, Intermediate Karaoke FX, some AFX typesetting, ASS typesetting.
Old 2009-07-07, 20:49   Link #2534
ShocWave

Post Removed.

Last edited by ShocWave; 2009-10-14 at 18:37.
Old 2009-07-07, 22:33   Link #2535
Kakeru2007

Position(s): Japanese to English Translator, Timer, Quality Checker
Group: SailorMoonCenter
Project(s): Sailor Moon R Movie Interview, Naoko Tekauchi Interview from the lasderdiscs, Dreaming Moon Special, and Ami's First Love Cast Interview
IRC Channel: #SailorMoonCenter@irc.rizon.net
IRC Contact: KAKERU or ^Alchemist^
E-Mail: kakeru@sailormooncenter.net
Old 2009-07-07, 23:45   Link #2536
alchemist11
サード
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to alchemist11 Send a message via Yahoo to alchemist11
For the love of Anne, someone forward me an experienced (fansubs or own solo work) Timer for anime eluded in this sentence. We got a translator and editor pulling out scripts, but no Timer to process them.

Group: ray=out
IRC: #ray=out@rizon
Email: rayoutfansubs@gmail.com

Last edited by alchemist11; 2009-07-24 at 19:30. Reason: Edited
Old 2009-07-08, 15:48   Link #2537
Prons
Disabled By Request

Shin-Getter is looking for Japanese to English Translators for a show called God mazinger. This incredibly rare, 23 episode series is very similar to the Visions of Escaflowne, and features a "fantasy robot" fighting Dinosaurs and other baddies. It's a good show and the Japanese is not incredibly complex.

If interested, email PronsAmuro@gmail.com
Old 2009-07-08, 21:12   Link #2538
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Koroku Send a message via MSN to Koroku Send a message via Yahoo to Koroku
DATS needs some help on its projects.

#dats@irc.rizon.net
http://dats.us

Deltora Quest: Recruiting credit translator, translation checker, and encoder.

Inazuma Eleven: Recruiting translator to help Eile out, and timer.

Today in Class 5-2: Recruiting translation checker.

Bakegyamon: Hiring encoder. And karaoke artist. And probably timer.

Weiss Survive: Recruiting encoder

Mermaid Melody: Recruiting encoder.

For more info on our projects, you can view this thread.

---

I would be interested in working on Element Hunters or Kuruneko if there is a TL that would dare actually work with us :3

Last edited by Koroku; 2009-07-16 at 01:11.
Old 2009-07-09, 17:54   Link #2539
anonymouse

Send a message via AIM to anonymouse
If this is the wrong place to post this then can a mod delete?

Anyways I've wanted to contribute to the community but don't know if I have any applicable skills. I don't know any Japanese and am an English speaker. That being said if anyone needs some kind of help and wouldn't mind giving me pointers here and there then send me a PM.
Old 2009-07-09, 20:29   Link #2540
Tragic
Stuck in Shitstorm
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Tragic
Position(s): Encoder
Group: Anime Council^2
Project(s): CANAAN
IRC Channel:#AnCo@IRC.irchighway.net
IRC Contact: Tragic or Red
E-Mail: briggital@gmail.com or animecouncil@gmail.com

In dire need of an encoder. Current encoder has flaked out and can't keep up with us. We need an encoder who can be on at anime airtimes and be ready to encode. Please contact us if you're available.

Last edited by Tragic; 2009-07-15 at 21:58.
Closed Thread

Tags
help thread, recruitment, translator