AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 30 44.12%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 29.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 8.82%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 11.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.47%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-16, 23:45   Link #42
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Yeah this was definitely the best done arc, the symbolism and creative direction they went with many of the scenes were amazing. I fell for Shiori far more in the anime then I did in the manga. The Kanon arc was (still is) shit compared to this.

This series is turning out as a great showpiece of how to differentiate and maximize the potential of anime as a medium when your original source came from manga. It delivers the same message as the manga did, but in a way all its own that merits watching it. Really love it when I stumble upon a series like that.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2010-12-17, 00:23   Link #43
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Yeah this was definitely the best done arc, the symbolism and creative direction they went with many of the scenes were amazing. I fell for Shiori far more in the anime then I did in the manga. The Kanon arc was (still is) shit compared to this.
It's sort of interesting. I liked this arc (and I might like Shiori a bit more as a character), but I personally prefer the Kanon arc. Perhaps that's because I'm much more of a musician and was never really all that interested in books at all? I think one thing that's interesting about these last few arcs is that they've tried to make the direction/presentation in the show related to the heroine in question. This arc's style is quite different from the last, but it definitely fits Shiori. And they also definitely did some interesting things with the visuals and the symbolism (reminds me a bit of ef memories in some ways). But if Kanon's arc turned the show into a "music anime", then Shiori's arc turned the show into a "book-lovers anime" in some ways... and that's pretty neat. I haven't read the manga at all, but it does seem like a nice way for an anime to enhance and embellish the original work by providing a slightly different (but still appropriate) take on each heroine's story.

And I also have to say again that the pacing of these last two arcs really puts the first few episodes to shame, but I guess it "can't be helped" in the sense that they wanted to establish the pattern of the story before digging too deep. It makes sense knowing that the continuation is coming (all but confirmed again by the next episode preview here).

Anyway, good episode.
Old 2010-12-17, 12:29   Link #44
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Enjoyed the episode very much . I can definitely relate to Shiori the most of any of the girls presented to us thus far. I've definitely been in that situation where she was outside the piano teacher's room for a long time and couldn't enter because I was too worried about how I should enter.
That makes two of us. Glad to hear I wasn't the only one worrying about such trivial stuff when I was a younger (I still do, to some extent). I've always been a very shy and anxious person so it's very easy for me to relate to Shiori.

God, loli Shiori was SO DAMN CUTE! Are they trying to kill me by moe? I took massive damage with this episode... still not getting why people didn't want Kana-chan to voice her. She was absolutely perfect.

I thought the episode was outstanding, even if the conclusion seemed a bit abrupt. It's probably because Keima's actions were a lot more subtle this time. I still don't like his "I don't give a crap" attitude though. How can such an adorable girl leave him indifferent? Yes, I know he doesn't care about real life, but it's just unfathomable to me.
Old 2010-12-17, 12:54   Link #45
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
God, loli Shiori was SO DAMN CUTE! Are they trying to kill me by moe? I took massive damage with this episode... still not getting why people didn't want Kana-chan to voice her. She was absolutely perfect.
I'm surprised you're still alive, what with this and all of the imouto action this season.

And I think she is pre-loli in that flashback. She looked like she was in kindergarten. What kind of kindergarten lets kids walk around alone like that...lol.
Old 2010-12-17, 14:15   Link #46
kitten320

Duno, for me first episode with Ayumi still remain the best along with Mio arc... probably because they were the toughest targets out of everyone... not to count that for Ayumi it took just one episode, kinda sad.
Old 2010-12-18, 00:12   Link #47
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
And I also have to say again that the pacing of these last two arcs really puts the first few episodes to shame, but I guess it "can't be helped" in the sense that they wanted to establish the pattern of the story before digging too deep. It makes sense knowing that the continuation is coming (all but confirmed again by the next episode preview here).

Anyway, good episode.
Yeah, while it's a shame that Ayumi and Mio didn't get nearly as much characterization (well, less of shame because they didn't get enough characterization for me to care about them), it's necessary to know that the the show will be quickly developing and dropping girls before you get invested. If we'd started with Kanon, then Shiori would have been a shocking change of pace, because the audience would be used to thinking of Kanon as a main character instead of simply the focus of an arc. Not that Kanon is unimportant, but she's only important for her arc, which is how the story is being told.
Old 2010-12-18, 16:32   Link #48
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Yeah, while it's a shame that Ayumi and Mio didn't get nearly as much characterization (well, less of shame because they didn't get enough characterization for me to care about them), it's necessary to know that the the show will be quickly developing and dropping girls before you get invested. If we'd started with Kanon, then Shiori would have been a shocking change of pace, because the audience would be used to thinking of Kanon as a main character instead of simply the focus of an arc. Not that Kanon is unimportant, but she's only important for her arc, which is how the story is being told.
I can foresee (provided they twist the story enough) broom girl being the last girl with the ghost inside her heart. Then your theory would break, since she's been with him from the start.
Old 2010-12-18, 18:45   Link #49
Clarste
Human

No... that would not break my theory, which is not even a theory so much as a statement of the way things are right now.

The pattern has already been mixed up in the manga, but the point is simply that you need to establish a pattern before you can break it.
Old 2010-12-19, 02:46   Link #50
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

i still can't see why people would like kanon's arc more than shiori's, but then again, I like books more than idols, so there's that

will be waiting for the next episode and how they will wrap up this season

as for elsie having a loose soul in her, i think she is already a loose soul (unless i'm mistaken or it has already been said in the manga).
Old 2010-12-19, 03:50   Link #51
Clarste
Human

The anime never bothered explaining what loose souls are for some reason. They're supposed to be the prisoners of Hell, ie: the evil ghosts of sinners, who somehow managed to escape. The demons, who are the natural residents of Hell, are also the jailers of these souls and it's they're duty to capture them and bring them back. Elsie is a demon, and not a loose soul, although it remains to be seen whether the loose souls can hide in demonic hearts that have gaps.
Old 2010-12-19, 07:26   Link #52
kitten320

Shiori's arc was nice but a bit slow paced for me.
And Shiori didn't really attract my attention much, shy and quiet characters are not really my type. There are only few of those who I like.
Old 2010-12-19, 12:10   Link #53
Wakan Tanka

Liked Shiori the kid, she was so darn cute, ,.. finally she spoke. the animation quality was top-notch and always been so.
Old 2010-12-19, 18:45   Link #54
tsunade666

the animation never disappoints me unlike other anime I watched and that is always a plus. Specially the scene in the falling books. Man, they really did good job on this one.
Old 2010-12-20, 00:34   Link #55
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
You......you adulterous, lolicon freak! Stay away from my Shiori!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-12-20, 03:21   Link #56
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I don't know why.. But this made me giggle a bit SaintessHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
the animation never disappoints me unlike other anime I watched and that is always a plus. Specially the scene in the falling books. Man, they really did good job on this one.
They defiantly did a wonderful job animating this from the manga, I respect this studio now
Old 2010-12-20, 05:34   Link #57
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Look who's talking!

Just keep your Ayanan lolis and leave me and my Kana-chan lolis alone!
Old 2010-12-20, 22:21   Link #58
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Finally watched it. Wow like Kanon's arc , this one was brillant , they really did a good job on animation & BGM :O Wonder how they'll end this season.
Old 2010-12-21, 01:45   Link #59
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Look who's talking!

Just keep your Ayanan lolis and leave me and my Kana-chan lolis alone!
That doesn't dissolve the FACT that Shiori is mine! It is my job to protect her from you perverts feeding her yaoi manga!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-12-21, 02:37   Link #60
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
That doesn't dissolve the FACT that Shiori is mine! It is my job to protect her from you perverts feeding her yaoi manga!
No one's feeding her, as a bookworm she can just feed herself fine. And hey, that pervert comment is coming from you, huh?