Notices

Old 2011-08-20, 17:49   Link #1241
GermaphobicBear

Spoiler for ep 21:
GermaphobicBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 18:32   Link #1242
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Goddammit Viz, and I thought that Nura had some of the worst subtitles for a simulcast either, really pissed off at whoever forgot to do quality control right now. =_=

Spoiler for episode 20:

Scarfie!
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 19:59   Link #1243
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermaphobicBear View Post
Spoiler for ep 21:
Spoiler for ep21:
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 20:50   Link #1244
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Now its time for a wild Roar!!

Yeah, Wild Tiger you are the badassness
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 04:23   Link #1245
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I have to admit, seeing Kotetsu in his old costume basically going "bring it" at the end of the episode was epic.
Old 2011-08-21, 10:01   Link #1246
Maverick05

Very stupid, but very exciting theory:

Lets say that Kaede or Yuri/Lunatic finds a way to get police to capture Kotetsu for questioning or at least for police to oppose the heroes until figuring out what`s going on.

Now here comes a crazy/unstable Bunny, decides that he wants to get justice by his own hands, and kills/injures a couple of cops or hurt innnocent bystanders!! Now that will certaining screw up Maverick`s plan: His golden boy and King of Heroes branded as a CopKiller or worst, and let the finale go wild!!

It will certainly set a path for a final confrontation with Lunatic wanting to kill Bunny while Kotetsu try to stop both (and Bunny still trying to kill him).
Maverick05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 13:01   Link #1247
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Good job by Yuri to figure out something was wrong. Didn't expect Kaede to go to the city, at least she knows why her father was always gone now. I'm guessing the new Tiger is a robot. Looks like Bunny's new suit is ready as well. Good thing for Ben to show up. Kotetsu in his old suit about to take everyone on at once was awesome. Wouldn't they kind of recognize him if her used their real names since their real identities are supposed to be hidden from the public?
Old 2011-08-21, 15:01   Link #1248
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

What a fucking great, epic episode
Spoiler for 21:

I don't need to say that I loved this episode The next one, now !!
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 15:48   Link #1249
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
That was a tremendously terrific twenty-first episode of Tiger and Bunny!

Very epic, and very cool.

Now, I'm going to run Episode 21 by three speculations I made a week ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

A few speculations:

1. Lunatic is going to see through this. He likely knows that Kotetsu is Wild Tiger, and he's had multiple run-ins with Wild Tiger, knowing that the man is a sincere hero who wouldn't kill anybody, let alone an innocent civilian. I expect Lunatic to make the odds a bit more even, and likely help Kotetsu successfully retreat for now.
Check! Very glad this speculation proved to be right, as I would have been disappointed in Lunatic otherwise.

Quote:

2. I expect the towel that Kotetsu gave to Blue Rose to be what triggers memories for her. She'll snap out of it, as such, and will play a key role later on.
Not quite. However, I'm glad that the towel that Kogetsu gave Blue Rose at least came up this episode. It did seem to effect her a bit at least.

Quote:

3. We will get Tiger vs. Bunny. It's just too fun a fight to pass up when you've created the perfect pretext for it.
We had Tiger trying to evade every hero except Bunny.

However, Bunny is clearly on his way, and it'll be interesting to see if him and the real Wild Tiger get into a physical struggle with one another.

Now, unto more episode discussion...

I think that Tiger realized that the heroes wouldn't be inclined to listen to a "wanted criminal", but they may listen to an unknown costumed man claiming to be Wild Tiger, and wearing the real traditional outfit of him.

When Maverick altered the memories of the heroes, he had to have approached their memories of spandex-clad Wild Tiger in one of two ways:

1. He removed their memories of the spandex-clad costume. As such, there never was a spandex-clad Wild Tiger as far as the heroes recall. He was always in the mechanical suit. If this is the case, then seeing the real old Wild Tiger outfit may trigger a whole crapload of memories for the heroes, as they must have many memories of fighting beside Wild Tiger in his old costume.

2. Maverick never changed them... and hence seeing Kotetsu in his old Wild Tiger costume may cause some glaring inconsistencies in their memories, hence unraveling the false ones given by Maverick.

Now, I think that Kotetsu's plan is to tell each hero something that only a close friend of theirs would know. This will cause them to ask themselves 'How does this guy know this?!', which in turn will lend greater credibility to Kotetsu's words. In the preview, there's a brief shot of Blue Rose and Dragon Kid looking a bit shocked, and I think that this will probably be in response to Kotetsu saying something about them that no stranger should know.

Now, my further speculation for this is as follows:

Kotetsu's plan will be going well until "Dark Tiger" and Bunny arrive. Then they'll interrupt the proceedings, and Kotetsu will be put on the defensive. Bunny is out for revenge, and hence will be in no mood to "play games" with this "imposter".

Kaede and/or Lunatic will show up at a critical moment to start to turn the tide again, though. This critical moment may be the cliffhanger of next episode.

In any event, its been a wild ride for Wild Tiger, and I'm definitely looking forward to more!
Old 2011-08-21, 16:22   Link #1250
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
I think that Tiger realized that the heroes wouldn't be inclined to listen to a "wanted criminal", but they may listen to an unknown costumed man claiming to be Wild Tiger, and wearing the real traditional outfit of him.

When Maverick altered the memories of the heroes, he had to have approached their memories of spandex-clad Wild Tiger in one of two ways:

1. He removed their memories of the spandex-clad costume. As such, there never was a spandex-clad Wild Tiger as far as the heroes recall. He was always in the mechanical suit. If this is the case, then seeing the real old Wild Tiger outfit may trigger a whole crapload of memories for the heroes, as they must have many memories of fighting beside Wild Tiger in his old costume.

2. Maverick never changed them... and hence seeing Kotetsu in his old Wild Tiger costume may cause some glaring inconsistencies in their memories, hence unraveling the false ones given by Maverick.
Another thing to consider (and another big blunder in term's of Maverick's dumb plan to make Kotetsu a wanted criminal): since Maverick's mind altering abilities were done by the people working at Hero TV, not the viewing public, that means that there's going to be a few people in the public who are aware of Wild Tiger's original outfit (i.e. the outfit he wore back when he was the least-popular hero on the show). When you consider how the Tiger 2.0 outfit is not even same color as Wild Tiger's cybernetic outfit, I think there's going to be a few members of the public who will realize that something's a miss and, if there's a confrontation between Wild Tiger in his old outfit and Tiger 2.0, would realize that Tiger 2.0 is a fake and will end up rooting for the real Wild Tiger instead.
Old 2011-08-21, 21:17   Link #1251
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
1. He removed their memories of the spandex-clad costume. As such, there never was a spandex-clad Wild Tiger as far as the heroes recall. He was always in the mechanical suit.
Surely not, there are so many magazines and cards for these heroes all over the place that it would be next to impossible for one of them to not eventually notice a picture of Wild Tiger in his original outfit.
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 03:58   Link #1252
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Another very good ep, though the animation still looked wonky to me. I suspect Kotetsu's brother will show up in Sternbild next week, possibly with a NEXT power. But I still wonder about the most obvious hole in Maverick's plan - how does he intend to deal with Kotetsu's family? He's made no overt moves yet that we know of, but he must have had something in mind.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 04:59   Link #1253
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I suspect Kotetsu's brother will show up in Sternbild next week, possibly with a NEXT power.
Yeah probably Magneto's power (seeing Kaede got magnetism from somewhere) which would allow him to rip the fake Wild Tiger robot apart.
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 05:34   Link #1254
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Ep21 is so good in so many levels, that it's kinda hard to say anything new since everyone pretty much covered it. So I'll just post this and be on my way.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...dff450e95.jpg/
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 06:21   Link #1255
ookamigirl

Tiger has been framed! Poor guy, just can't get a lucky break.
So Kaede finally found out the truth about her dad, Wild Tiger. Forced to run & being hunted by your friends totally sucks.
Wow, amazing how it took Kotetsu half of the episode to realize they've all been changed somehow, but being saved by Lunatic, never saw that one coming.
Well, at least he has Ben & he figured out it was all Maverick's doing.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 06:22   Link #1256
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
EP21 angry thoughts

- Will Kotetsu find out the truth about Maverick's evil plan?
- Can Kotetsu saved Barnaby from mindwarped Maverick?
- Can Kaede ever get to his dad in time?

Only 4 episodes left. Maverick must be stopped once and for all. There's NO way in hell that he created an imposter Wild Tiger & brainwashed Barnaby.

I guess that I was wrong about last time about Jake VS barnaby's from ep13 thingy. It was all part of Maverick's conspiracy! I swear a god! Somebody should snapped Barnaby out of this hellhole!

This is like a male version of Mai Otome (Have you guys seen it?) where your friends betrayed each other.

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2011-08-22 at 07:21.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 08:03   Link #1257
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Great episode. Everyone was pretty much right on the money with predicting what was going to happen. Next episode will be a bit more interesting. I wonder what Kaede's role will be.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 08:14   Link #1258
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Somebody should snap out of this Trance. Barnaby has been deceived by Maverick.

In the preview: Is kotetsu finally on his new Wild tiger suit back? Or is it someone else?

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2011-08-22 at 08:49.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 10:05   Link #1259
Crontica

My face when Kaede directly ran into Maverick..

"HOLY S- NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOO!!! Don't say anything!! Don't mention anything!! Don don don DON'T!!!!"
Old 2011-08-22, 13:30   Link #1260
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

I can see Kaede becoming Blue Rose's sidekick. Blue Rose and Cherry Blossom/Red Sakura/White Sakura/Pink Sakura. Kaede could just as likely join the minor league heroes, too. She's extremely powerful already and would pair up with Blue Rose quite well. The Tomboy and Girly Girl duo.

The underlying theme of the show seems to be "You never know who'll cross your path."

The scarf girl, the elevator saboteur in the early episodes, Yuri, Mr. Legends private life, Kaede and Kotetsu's relationship, Barnaby and Maverick's relationship. Kaede was unaware that her father was a hero. Barnaby never knew the man that crossed his path everyday as a father figure killed his parents.

I can see scarf girl bumping into Kotetsu or Barnaby in the final scene with mutual blushing by both and then Kotetsu/Barnaby inviting her to a cup of coffee.

She seems destined to be a superhero girlfriend. It's only fitting the series would end with her meeting her Clark Kent.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, sunrise, tiger & bunny, tsundere