AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-25, 11:05   Link #81
Destined_Fate

I don't think even Haruto is that cruel as to steal L-Elf's body. It would be denying character development to L-Elf as well if that's the case.
Old 2013-09-25, 13:53   Link #82
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0de_da1sy View Post
A lot of the voices don't correspond with the scenes, actually.
"You're worrying about me" is Shoko, which, yeah, also doesn't correspond with the Kriem/H-neun/X-eins scene.

Anyways, what's good is that we'll be seeing a more human side to L-elf during season 2. During season 1 it wasn't as noticeable because he keeps everything under that poker face, but he has changed. The way he speaks is an example; in the beginning it sounded very robotic compared to the end of the season.
The scenes themselves might not have them say it in that particular instance, but it's possible it's said during the events themselves. A couple of them obviously match with the scene that's shown e.g. Haruto's and Saki's. That's why I don't want to discard the possibility of these matches being consistent.

L-elf still stood out as the same to me throughout the show. Of course, that's just me. He was stressed and panicked with Cain, but that was to be expected, with what we saw, but throughout the show he was consistent with his character as being cold, logical and a little manipulative.
Old 2013-09-25, 14:09   Link #83
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

I don't think they will show flashback or his past, the most we get is the few minutes scene in the beginning of the episode. L-elf's past will be told as same as Saki's in their respected spin-off.
Old 2013-09-25, 14:16   Link #84
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
L-elf still stood out as the same to me throughout the show. Of course, that's just me. He was stressed and panicked with Cain, but that was to be expected, with what we saw, but throughout the show he was consistent with his character as being cold, logical and a little manipulative.
And smug for the most part

I felt the same way. Aside from scenes involving Liselotte, and episode 12, his personality and character for the most part was static.
Old 2013-09-25, 16:22   Link #85
Destined_Fate

He wasn't static when it came to Shoko though. Such as his anger when she stole what he had in mind for a plan, his confusion when she denied his initial proposal to militarize the module, and his look of pity after Shoko was forced to watch her father die.
Old 2013-09-25, 17:23   Link #86
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

That is true. Although I thought he had his usual stiff upper lip when Shoko's old man got the disposal.

He also showed emotion when he called Haruto a monster back in episode 2
Old 2013-09-25, 18:36   Link #87
Chibikiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
He wasn't static when it came to Shoko though. Such as his anger when she stole what he had in mind for a plan, his confusion when she denied his initial proposal to militarize the module, and his look of pity after Shoko was forced to watch her father die.
yeah he looked pretty much the same when she denied his proposal to minimize the module and just turned to look at her when Shoko lost her dad. Doesn't really look like pity to me

Last edited by Chibikiwi; 2013-09-25 at 19:05.
Old 2013-09-25, 19:04   Link #88
Divino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibikiwi View Post
uhh yeah he looked pretty much the same when she denied his proposal to minimize the module and just turned to look at her when Shoko lost her dad. Doesn't really look like pity to me
That depends on your own interpretation of the scene though:
Spoiler for gif:
Old 2013-09-25, 19:29   Link #89
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I took it as brutal honesty.

Your father died for you, don't make it meaningless.
Old 2013-09-25, 19:47   Link #90
Chibikiwi

^ yeah I thought the same thing
Old 2013-09-25, 20:25   Link #91
Fjoergyn

His human side will be revealed so you can probably get to love a person, I refrain from saying that is Shoko or Saki, I prefer to wait.
Old 2013-09-25, 20:31   Link #92
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
His human side will be revealed so you can probably get to love a person, I refrain from saying that is Shoko or Saki, I prefer to wait.
^*nodding* He can fall in love, but it doesn't mean he'll hell end up with whoever is that . . . COOL GUYS USUALLY DIE
Old 2013-09-25, 20:43   Link #93
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterson View Post
^*nodding* He can fall in love, but it doesn't mean he'll hell end up with whoever is that . . . COOL GUYS USUALLY DIE
Going off of Okouchi's track record there is a good possibility he could end up like Lelouch and Gai. (Used those two as examples because of similarities to L-Elf)
Old 2013-09-25, 20:46   Link #94
Fjoergyn

Quote:
I do not think L-elf will die, the story is based largely on the and has more followers than the MC. We know that many will die, even haruto but maybe when I'm old.
Old 2013-09-25, 22:23   Link #95
c0de_da1sy

Did L-elf even raise any deathflags in S1? I'm pretty sure he raised some for Lieselotte, but not himself.

Also, funfact from the fanbok: L-elf's weakness is [all] women (because he can't understand them).
Old 2013-09-25, 22:38   Link #96
Fjoergyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0de_da1sy View Post
Did L-elf even raise any deathflags in S1? I'm pretty sure he raised some for Lieselotte, but not himself.

Also, funfact from the fanbok: L-elf's weakness is [all] women (because he can't understand them).
L-elf's weakness is [all] women (because he can't understand them)

This can be interpreted in many ways xD
Old 2013-09-25, 23:20   Link #97
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:

To think that he's surrounded by his male colleagues, L Elf only had very few interactions with real womenin his eyes. Benign women's power of persuasion is a plausible notion for this.
Old 2013-09-25, 23:45   Link #98
c0de_da1sy

Quote:
To think that he's surrounded by his male colleagues, L Elf only had very few interactions with real womenin his eyes. Benign women's power of persuasion is a plausible notion for this.
Yeah, I guess being surrounded by guys the majority of the time really did him in over the past few years. It does make sense though. Kind of like how Saki's weakness (girls) makes sense.
Old 2013-09-26, 11:38   Link #99
Destined_Fate

Quote:

I disagree, he doesn't seem too concerned with most women. Only Shoko and the Princess have shown to throw him off or make him irrational. That and the preview implying he breaks down crying because of the Princess. Though it may be too soon to say she dies or something as that would be too obvious.
Old 2013-09-26, 15:04   Link #100
c0de_da1sy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I disagree, he doesn't seem too concerned with most women. Only Shoko and the Princess have shown to throw him off or make him irrational. That and the preview implying he breaks down crying because of the Princess. Though it may be too soon to say she dies or something as that would be too obvious.
It's not so much concerned, but he just doesn't understand them. If we saw him interact with more girls, he would most likely still be very confused as to what to do/say.
I think that people who let their emotions get the better of them (or do things based on emotion) will get him confused since he thinks in a more logical manner.

Where in the preview does it even imply that he breaks down crying? He looks more conflicted than anything.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters