AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 78 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 23.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 13.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 7.05%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.28%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 2.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.64%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.92%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-29, 02:06   Link #261
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
if they are "milking the franchise" im glad they are... cause i wouldnt ever fallen in love with the world of macross if they didnt put in stuff from the old series into the new one. Now im set in watching all the macross series just to catch up
Old 2008-06-29, 02:23   Link #262
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
This coming from an unrepentant W40 & Gundam fan. If this was applied to the parallel that is Gundam Wing and 00, I'd say spot on, but this is Macross.

Macross is a continuation, and an expanding history. You cannot continue history without some references to the past.

Besides, on a practical point of view, by referring to the past, you draw older fans (like myself) to the franchise once more while explaining things to the newer fans and bring them to the franchise as well. If this Macross had no references to the past, my interest would have been much less.

In fact, all your baseless posts just makes me wonder if you are seriously interested in a discussion, rather than being a major league arsehole.

- Tak
He's on my ignore list for a reason, and seeing his posts when people quote him, re-affirms my original opinion of him. He's an asshole, and a troll. Nothing more.
Old 2008-06-29, 02:58   Link #263
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
I don't believe it for a minute. This isn't Crest of the Stars or Lord of the Rings where it's just one guy who set out to tell this story and build up this universe from scratch. I mean, the Mecha Designer, MECHA DESIGNER, from the original series has apparently taken over. Not the main script writers, not the director, not the producer. The guy who thought up the robots that even Hikaru thought were kind of silly when they were first introduced.
You just called the VF-1 Valkyrie "silly."

Read up on Kawamori Shoji, and for that matter the production on SDFM, kthxbye.
Old 2008-06-29, 03:24   Link #264
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
He's on my ignore list for a reason, and seeing his posts when people quote him, re-affirms my original opinion of him. He's an asshole, and a troll. Nothing more.
Heh. Reading the Macross forum became much more enjoyable since I put him on mine, although I do get sabotaged when people quote him.
Old 2008-06-29, 03:37   Link #265
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

So, what's Temjin's story? Was he in the previous series? (Only to get quickly killed by a semi-newb?)
Old 2008-06-29, 04:20   Link #266
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
So, what's Temjin's story? Was he in the previous series? (Only to get quickly killed by a semi-newb?)
He looks like Khyron ( err... Quamzin ), so he is probably another clone of him.

If he will be back... maybe. His Quaedlunn did not explode after all and he didnīt crash far from the shoreline.
Old 2008-06-29, 04:50   Link #267
ReddyRedWolf

He'll be a pain in Alto's ass till Brera decides to kill the idiot for daring to be that guy's rival.
Old 2008-06-29, 06:19   Link #268
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

Yea no doubt the Khyrlon look alike will most likely be a reoccurring minor villain. I have to also agree that it's very possible Quamzin is a Khrylon -ling. As in his direct descendant genetically. We know the Zhentradi cloned so why not have two of the same person appearance wise and have the same general attitude?

And as a footnote to my original post, the only real part of the episode that mildly irritated me was the complete lack of death in the rebellion. It reminded me a whole lot of the original SDFM series where there was a lot of shooting but nothing actually happened visually. Perhaps they were going for this same nostalgic feel when animating this episode? Might make sense given the SDF discovery and the appearance of Khyrlon/Quamzin.
Old 2008-06-29, 06:26   Link #269
zeth006

Quote:
O-U-C-H!

Old 2008-06-29, 06:54   Link #270
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeth006 View Post
O-U-C-H!

Eh, I put him on ignore before I ever began posting here, because after reading the forum for a few weeks it became apparent that he is an annoying, trollish toerag.
Old 2008-06-29, 07:22   Link #271
SymphonicRain

Coincidentally (Or not), he happends to be on my ignore list as well. Simply waste of time reading his posts.
Old 2008-06-29, 08:05   Link #272
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post

lol @ Whiny84 thinking Kawamori only did the mecha designs... he should check out the name Eiji Kurokawa

Quote:
I should really watch the Movie edition again tho, I don't even remember if I ever made it the whole way through.
The events from OVA 4 that are covered in the movie are a pretty big improvement over the OVA version. Better Sharon concert, Guld gets a much more fitting finale, Sharon seduction of Isamu is better and they include an extra Isamu and Myung scene at the end which was needed.
Old 2008-06-29, 08:26   Link #273
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I just watched the episode... Remind me again how could a variable colony ship end up on some random remote planet?
Old 2008-06-29, 08:35   Link #274
Westlo
Lets be reality

It's not a colony ship, it's the original Macross and 19 years have taken place since we last saw it in action in Macross Plus.

Going by this pic, they used it for something in that 19 year gap.

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/imag...eview%2003.jpg
Old 2008-06-29, 08:58   Link #275
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It's not a colony ship, it's the original Macross and 19 years have taken place since we last saw it in action in Macross Plus.

Going by this pic, they used it for something in that 19 year gap.

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/imag...eview%2003.jpg
Hmmm.... the arms do look different than the ones from the SDF-1 stranded on Gallia 4, though.

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/imag...Large%2036.jpg
Old 2008-06-29, 09:22   Link #276
ReddyRedWolf

Nah They removed the Prometheus and Daedalus after Quamzin's suicide attack.

Replacing them with a couple of ARMD class carriers.

Originally the Macross was supposed to link up with two them but the Zentradi blew them up.
Old 2008-06-29, 10:31   Link #277
Wesley84

Quote:

Hikaru thought it was silly. Like "Holy crap, is thing really a robot? " That kind of reaction helped alot in diffusing my skepticism of the whole mecha thing. That and how the thing kept falling over and crushing buildings because Hikaru didn't know how to handle it. Also the swiss-army knife like qualities of it being able to perform field repairs with a tool kit and mechanical arms popping out of the arms and how the cockpit was detachable.

It was funny, lighthearted, and not overly exaggerated.

Quote:
Well I'm glad you're proud of yourself.
Old 2008-06-29, 12:53   Link #278
ReddyRedWolf

Oh yeah notice that Mikhail has a crap load of Bentos.

Where does he stuff all that?
Old 2008-06-29, 12:59   Link #279
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Oh yeah notice that Mikhail has a crap load of Bentos.

Where does he stuff all that?
They all come with 'confession' letters apparently

- Tak
Old 2008-06-29, 14:17   Link #280
ReddyRedWolf

Ha lol Alto fails as a pilot.

Reading another thread apparently Alto has no idea of the Eden dinobird glide.

Isamu and Guld does this for kicks.

Just goes to show Alto's a space colony boy.
Closed Thread