AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 13 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 195 43.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 82 18.10%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 60 13.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 36 7.95%
6 out of 10 : Average 20 4.42%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 13 2.87%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 2.43%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 1.55%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 1.10%
1 out of 10 : Painful 24 5.30%
Voters: 453. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-25, 22:56   Link #101
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Force9999 View Post
Otonashi freaking out as soon as she disappeared really made him pathetic.
Yeah it did.
I thought him crying was a bit too much.
I also chuckled a bit when he was flailing his arms around seconds after her disappearance.

Talk about cheesy forced romance.
The graduation ceremony was a nice touch though~
Old 2010-06-25, 22:56   Link #102
SirusRiddler
Mari-nyan <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeth006 View Post
Well. I dunno why everyone's overanalyzing this show. Generally, with anime, I keep my standards moderately low and just enjoy it for what it is.

That aside, enjoyed the ending. Liked how Yuri was smiling during the ending credits. Nice way to finish it.
Thank you! The high production quality saved it for the most part.

"Choose your own legacy, it's for you to decide." - Solid Snake
Old 2010-06-25, 22:59   Link #103
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirusRiddler View Post
Thank you! The high production quality saved it for the most part.
Are people really that fooled by shiny art and pretty backgrounds...? Even the first episode was incredibly budgeted.
Old 2010-06-25, 23:01   Link #104
chickdigger802

Wish they devoted an eps to TK. Still have no clue what the crap was up with him. He still had the best one liners out of most recent anime =P
Old 2010-06-25, 23:07   Link #105
SirusRiddler
Mari-nyan <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Are people really that fooled by shiny art and pretty backgrounds...? Even the first episode was incredibly budgeted.
If you think high production quality only refers to the graphics then you're clearly the fool.

"Choose your own legacy, it's for you to decide." - Solid Snake
Old 2010-06-25, 23:08   Link #106
Archangel Roy
Nandaiyo
*Graphic Designer

T^T I Cried so much...

Kanade!!

Otonashi had a great love for her. Its sad that it ended, but after the credits...

I smiled.. Beautiful...

GREATEST SERIES EVER!!

Sniffle*
Old 2010-06-25, 23:08   Link #107
zeth006

Quote:

No, it's just that some of us just watch anime to enjoy elements such as an ok-to-pretty good story line, character development, action, and of course, the art. In 12 episodes, it's not easy to explain every single detail without compromising scarce screen time. This anime was slated to run for 13 episodes, so some of us were willing to be more forgiving about its shortcomings, glaring as they might be. I personally came back from the bookstore and enjoyed the last episode for what it is. I finished all the film and literature exposition back in high school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirusRiddler View Post
If you think high production quality only refers to the graphics then you're clearly the fool.

No need to be harsh, but correct. Overall, this was one of my favorite anime of the season.
Old 2010-06-25, 23:08   Link #108
Hallgaar

Where to begin; after reading this thread I have come to the conclusion that most of the people who had watched this and Clannad hadn't been around for AIR or the like. Reincarnation is a HUGE part of the Key franchise, and after watching this I can safely say that it is indeed a Key show!

Spoiler for 13:
Old 2010-06-25, 23:11   Link #109
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust Romance View Post
Yeah it did.
I thought him crying was a bit too much.
I also chuckled a bit when he was flailing his arms around seconds after her disappearance.

Talk about cheesy forced romance.
The graduation ceremony was a nice touch though~
Seemed that way, but the Kanade x Yuzuru thing was felt a few episodes back, guess they just didnt build up to it.

Kanade was in that world longer than yuzuru, how does that work out?

Zombie Otanashi is prowling the streets of tokyo now. I guess.

No word on what happens to otanashi alone in that world either. Nothing is known what happens postgraduation either. Just vague assumptions.

Well, idid get the matching i wanted, so i wont totally melt on the series. Good beginning, ok end
Old 2010-06-25, 23:12   Link #110
seiftis
~defying fate

I was also surprised by the sudden change of personality of the girls this time, all happen in just 3 days gap, wow.

Upon seeing that Otonashi also got "reincarnated" to the real world at the end, my thoughts are like this:

Otonashi: Stay with me, Kanade. We'll guide the new kids coming here.
Kanade: Sorry but no. K thx bai. *disappears*
Otonashi: ;__; Screw the new kids, who cares about them. My romantic excuse just failed, so I'm gonna disappear too now.

He decided not to stay and be the good guy in the "dead world" afterall...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasunin View Post
they are not dead.

1] Kanade was humming My Song. and Otonashi recognizes it. this implies that both got out of the Afterlife World and back into the Real World.
1] they got out of Afterlife World and resume their life in the Real World
How on earth is Otonashi not dead, with no heart in him?

Are we already in the series sequel: Zombie Beats ?
Old 2010-06-25, 23:13   Link #111
Auron Requies

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyKitty View Post
This anime seriously need to be remade in a full fledged plot, with at least 26 episodes. Angel Beats! has a really interesting setting and lots of potentials, but rushed pace, plot holes and confusing stuff here and there kind of ruined it.

The only enjoyable thing that I can see in the final episode is Yuxuru x Kanade scenes.

My personal biggest complaint is the lack of TK, though that's expected...
Definitely agree with this.

But despite the cons this series has, I really enjoyed it, especially the build-up to the Yuzuru x Kanade scene. Even I thought 'wtf' at him bringing everyone at peace only for both of them to be alone together but I also see how Maede left hints here and there about how this scene was built (eg. the programmer waiting for his lover and organ donating) and then bringing out part of Kanade's past at that precise moment, especially since she was now at peace finding the person, Yuzuru, who saved her as well as falling in love with him, which is why she mentioned her small hesitance at disappearing.

The most likely scenario is that Yuzuru, being the last one left, also found peace and moved on as hinted in the ED and epilogue. Only issue is his actual disappearance scene. Did he stay to become the new Angel just as Kanade did? Did he meet up with the ArchitectNPC that explained the program of the world? Or did he in a short period of time, realize that all the good he did up till now, he should be proud of, and move on?

These of some things that makes me think there might be more made for the Angel Beats project, with a few more such as other character past and there reincarnation, even though this seems unlikely, but who knows.

In any case, I enjoyed this series and the bitter sweetness of the ending and the epilogue, though this series leaves more to be desired
Old 2010-06-25, 23:13   Link #112
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeth006 View Post
In 12 episodes, it's not easy to explain every single detail without compromising scarce screen time.
They had plenty of time to explain everything. They just didn't use it properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallgaar View Post
Reincarnation is a HUGE part of the Key franchise, and after watching this I can safely say that it is indeed a Key show!
It's really only a major plot point in AIR... I don't remember much reincarnation in their other works.
Old 2010-06-25, 23:19   Link #113
Hallgaar

Quote:
It's really only a major plot point in AIR... I don't remember much reincarnation in their other works.
And the whole second world thing in Clannad, and Kanon.
Old 2010-06-25, 23:22   Link #114
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post
Seemed that way, but the Kanade x Yuzuru thing was felt a few episodes back, guess they just didnt build up to it.

Kanade was in that world longer than yuzuru, how does that work out?

Zombie Otanashi is prowling the streets of tokyo now. I guess.

No word on what happens to otanashi alone in that world either. Nothing is known what happens postgraduation either. Just vague assumptions.

Well, idid get the matching i wanted, so i wont totally melt on the series. Good beginning, ok end
why is it so difficult to believed/accept that TIME in the real world and TIME in the afterlife flows differently?
Old 2010-06-25, 23:24   Link #115
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallgaar View Post
And the whole second world thing in Clannad, and Kanon.
You mean the thing in clannad that had no direct relevance to the plot until the last episode?

Well not countering your point, that just ticked me off about clannad.
Old 2010-06-25, 23:25   Link #116
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Damn.... my favorite type of ending used in such a letdown of a series.
Old 2010-06-25, 23:27   Link #117
NeoDragon

Sooo..... Kanade wasn't the creator of the shadows? how did she get her hands on Angel player than? was the Shadow creator in the end just some random snub? i though it was leading to a huge revelation that Kanade was the creator waiting for Otonashi this whole time. The whole Shadow subplot just became a huge waste of time that wasn't even written properly!!!
Old 2010-06-25, 23:28   Link #118
Shizzon
MEDIC!!

Location: Somewhere where anime is real and I watch reality on TV
Send a message via AIM to Shizzon
I loved this episode. The end was really touching and it was interesting to learn about Otonashi and Kanade. I wish there would be a second season of this but I will gladly accept the way this series ended and I will have to say it was one of the best anime I watched during this season of shows.
Old 2010-06-25, 23:29   Link #119
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoDragon View Post
that wasn't even written properly!!!
I think this pretty much describes the whole show
Old 2010-06-25, 23:29   Link #120
eduard3

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiftis View Post
I was also surprised by the sudden change of personality of the girls this time, all happen in just 3 days gap, wow.

Upon seeing that Otonashi also got "reincarnated" to the real world at the end, my thoughts are like this:

Otonashi: Stay with me, Kanade. We'll guide the new kids coming here.
Kanade: Sorry but no. K thx bai. *disappears*
Otonashi: ;__; Screw the new kids, who cares about them. My romantic excuse just failed, so I'm gonna disappear too now.

He decided not to stay and be the good guy in the "dead world" afterall...

How on earth is Otonashi not dead, with no heart in him?

Are we already in the series sequel: Zombie Beats ?
Here's my Guess:
Otonashi probably stayed for a while continuing Kanade's job of helping the new comers pass on then eventually passing that role onto someone else who felt the same way they did.

The end part was most likely their new lives as Yuri stated they may be reincarnated but as Kanade was humming "my song"(?) it could be possible that they actually keep a part of themselves when being reincarnated.
Closed Thread