AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam AGE - Episode 31 Rating
Perfect 10 5 12.20%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 21.95%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 31.71%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 17.07%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 9.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 4.88%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.44%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-05-13, 08:47   Link #21
Awrya
U mad?

Finally understood why Age 3 is a two-seater, one each for head and body.
Do japanese have a thing for pink haired characters, somehow there is always at least one
@faiz blaster They sound the same to me as well, with three different generations I guess they can't have a seiyuu for each and every character.
Old 2012-05-13, 09:05   Link #22
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
She seems to be going to more of a Anew Returner role than a Shrike Team role though...
I don't think Shanalua is willingly being a spy, plus Anew is batshit insane when she "came out", so I think Shanalua is not going there. I'm betting the photo of her with another girl (daughter? sister?) which she looked at twice in this episode alone is the key, like the Vagan held the girl hostage and blackmails her to be a spy. Like someone pointed out already AGE isn't subtle with these kinds of hints.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 09:18   Link #23
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Who's to say that the hostage is still alive? If anything, the Vagan might have already killed the hostage and just fooled the spy that the hostage is still alive. I really doubt people who are doing whatever it takes to "cleanse" the Earth would take hostages.
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 09:49   Link #24
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
..(daughter? sister?)..
Seric said she had a sickly sister. The girl in the photo might be her sister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyerk View Post
I couldn't agree more. And how many shots of his 'angry' face did we need anyway? Oh look, he has a problem with the protagonist for no reason!
Jealousy doesn't need a deep reason. It's just people who's making it deep.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 09:54   Link #25
faiz blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
Let's hope not. We do not need two queens of evil in the gundam universe
What about Hamman?
faiz blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 10:13   Link #26
larethian

Looks like Park Romi's chara has a death flag. Though it might not necessary be the next episode. Anyone up for Rody x Unoa?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 10:23   Link #27
Nivek von Beldo

Shotacon in Gundam...Again??? My Pleas were listen...THAT IS NOT GOOD, that is the first step that is will become more like Victory(a series i like honestly) than either ZZ with CCA or Original... again be careful

Shanallua give us some shotacon, is a shame(but good somewise) that her 'secret' will come quickly, i hope that doesn't end like Kio Killing Her and the poor Kid having a Psicological attack.

waiting for the Subbed version, Simple AGE is improving every week... but those darn KIDS(and now Dique Grandson.. you're not like your father little bugger), jezz that is the worse of gundam and now are stealing airtime..GAHHH
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 11:02   Link #28
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I have to say, these last two episodes made a thought appear in the back of me mind and that was ''When did this show get to be moe?'' Also, I can't really shake the Super Robot vibe this show now has with the Dragon Vagan ''canons'', the AGE-3 transformation and the cheesecake shots in the previous episode
The way I see it each season has had at least one character that looks like they were there at least in part to appeal to the moe crowd. Season 1 it was Yurin, Season 2 it was Remi and now it appears to be Natora. The prior 2 characters also share something else in common......
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 11:04   Link #29
Meltyred

Woodbit, tsundere.
Shanaluna, borderline pedophile.
Seric Abis.. You are going to find out big secret and die before telling anybody aren't you.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 13:33   Link #30
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

I don't think Shanalua is being forced into spying, and if she is why would she humanize their enemy to Kio? You'd think she would hate them more for threatening her sister no?

My guess is she's actually a Vagan sent to inflitrate the Federation army, and her sister is simply sick from the Mars rays. Ezelcant has been playing the long game since day one, and it's not surprising he'd have agents join the EFF and work their way up into important positions once more after Flit's purge.
Old 2012-05-13, 13:51   Link #31
saqrkh

I think Shanalua is going to stay with the Diva crew, not so much for the EFF's sake, but more for guiding Kio away from the "wipe them Vagans out" path.
saqrkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 13:54   Link #32
ion475
にこにこにー

Well...

1. Shanalua, well, she's definitely the spy (It's so obvious from preview). She also have death flags written all over her (I mean, a side character just don't get THIS much air time, not in Gundam)
2. Phantom 3 = Black Tri-Star. Being Black Tri-Star, of course, means one of them gets kill off in the first battle, the other 2 very soon.
3. Don't understand Woodbit at all. Jealousy and all, he just basically hate Kio b/c he does. On the other hand, everyone know that Roddy >>>> Flit.
4. I really don't see how Kio arc will turn into Victory Gundam just yet. It still have that ZZ-vibe written all over it.
5. Last note? Don't mess with AGE-3 Fortress, that thing is insane. But then, it is a Madorna-Asuno joint creation...
Old 2012-05-13, 14:05   Link #33
saqrkh

Though you got to love Flit's 'nod of approval' when Kio turned the Vagan forces into glass. Everyone was shocked or - in Shanalua's case - a bit saddened, but Flit was like "that's right, yep." Also, I really like Seric Abbis here, he's like a younger Grodeck (minus the vengeance stuff) and I get the feeling that he and Flit are going to be on fairly good terms, for the most part.
saqrkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 14:30   Link #34
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
3. Don't understand Woodbit at all. Jealousy and all, he just basically hate Kio b/c he does. On the other hand, everyone know that Roddy >>>> Flit.
Besides that he admires Roddy it is that his grandpa and mom spoke highly of the Asunos.

His family has always played second fiddle to the Asunos now to his horror it his turn.

Launching the Fortress wear he realized one thing. It isn't a damn game, you could get killed in battle. Male Asunos trained from childhood to fight them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
I don't think Shanalua is being forced into spying, and if she is why would she humanize their enemy to Kio? You'd think she would hate them more for threatening her sister no?

My guess is she's actually a Vagan sent to inflitrate the Federation army, and her sister is simply sick from the Mars rays. Ezelcant has been playing the long game since day one, and it's not surprising he'd have agents join the EFF and work their way up into important positions once more after Flit's purge.
This is the case.

Infiltrators like her and Zeheart has a problem with becoming the mask.

In the first episode Flit comments that Vegans aren't human because they take lives so easily. Shanalua is sympathetic to her own side casualties despite being indoctrinated by Vegan society they are expendable. In turn her conscience tells her what Vegan are doing and what they are forcing Earth sphere people to become is wrong. Again her conditioning tells her she is doing this for her people and her sister.

In the Asemu arc Zeheart tried to kill Asemu as whenever he is there he hesitates. He hates what he forced Asemu to become. But really his and Vegans actions leave Asemu no choice but become a warrior.

Yes Vegans are fanatics but place some of them in a society that doesn't scream Space North Korea they'll start changing their opinions.... But Ezelcant can't have that hence using his X-Rounder ability to brainwash them to loyalty.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 14:33   Link #35
bighawke5

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
Shanalua is certainly the spy mention in the summary, she's so suspicious even with that pacifist front. Her protip in the Age-3 built-in simulator did guide Kio in the battle though. I wonder if the Vegans are blackmailing her (sister captured).

Wootbit, confirmed as Arisa's son, seem to be a Rody (and Age System) fanboy and the new pilot of the G-Hopper.

The Fortress earns its name for being a ground quad satellite cannon obliterating those 18 vegan drones. Kio's natural X-rounder skills adapted quickly to the Gomel's "delta attack" (the separation tactic was great).

As expected Natora is still very inexperience to a point that Albis functions as the acting captain and tactician. For the first time, we have a visible medical officer (Uona) and assistant/babysitter (Wendy) for the Diva.

The Diva seems to have the same Age-3 vernier technology, floating in the desert.
That and i bet her sister is the loli girl shown behind zehart in the op song with the light pink hair...this is reminiscent to GSD when Meyrin Hawke(lunamaria's sister) sided with archangel-if you watched gsd LOL

But looking at the preview it looks like the truth revealed is that Shanalua is the spy, hence she won't have to side against her own sister unlike in GSD were the two sister had to go against one another lol.

About the rest of your post you know what, the rest of this ep looked a lot like the original mobile suit gundam series(beginning eps where they decended on earth first time)...with the whole desert attack an having to learn to fight on different fields and such.
bighawke5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 14:43   Link #36
Nivek von Beldo

I've that feeling than Fram would have been Shanalua Sister, but still is too soon for some more mad theories, in general the chapter was brillant(taking away THOSE DARN KIDS), and the Shotacon-Subtext only helped it.

Shanalua, be careful, you have a very big Deathflag over you(and maybe her dead can be the 'turining¡ point from Pseudo Gundam 0070& ZZ narrative to the Victory Gundam one)
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 14:52   Link #37
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by saqrkh View Post
I think Shanalua is going to stay with the Diva crew, not so much for the EFF's sake, but more for guiding Kio away from the "wipe them Vagans out" path.
Kio isn't exactly in the "Death to all Vagans" bootcamp. Sure he wants to defeat them but who doesn't?

If she stays though that would only happen if Kio somehow talks her down and the revelation only happened between the two in an isolated part of the battle. I mean if she gets outed as a spy they aren't going to let her wander around the ship let alone fight in a battle.

It would make for an interesting scenario between Kio and Shanalua throughout the series. Sad that they would end it so quickly.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 22:44   Link #38
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighawke5 View Post
That and i bet her sister is the loli girl shown behind zehart in the op song with the light pink hair...this is reminiscent to GSD when Meyrin Hawke(lunamaria's sister) sided with archangel-if you watched gsd LOL

But looking at the preview it looks like the truth revealed is that Shanalua is the spy, hence she won't have to side against her own sister unlike in GSD were the two sister had to go against one another lol.
They have entirely different hair comparing the fairly recently taken Shanalua's photo (with earth styled room too) to the official Fram Nora art.

The spying could stem from Vegan promises of cold sleep wonders considering that the sister was mentioned to be sickly in this episode.
Old 2012-05-14, 00:23   Link #39
larethian

Ah, I just saw that one of the Phantom 3 got into the character page even though he only had screentime in one episode
Btw, why did Wootbit have the last name 'Gunhale' if his mother is Arisa?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 00:38   Link #40
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Ah, I just saw that one of the Phantom 3 got into the character page even though he only had screentime in one episode
Btw, why did Wootbit have the last name 'Gunhale' if his mother is Arisa?
Lots of reasons - could be that she's a single mum or her husband married into the family etc. There's no hard law which says the woman must take the husband's name, or that the children must adopt the father's family name for that matter.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote