AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-11-16, 10:05   Link #1061
toenexx

Plrin mp3 Ringtone!

I've extracted the ringtone from episode 3 and did some cut and paste.

The link here: http://rapidshare.com/files/3595228/..._Long.mp3.html

Now we need an audio guy to remove the blanket sound... :-(
toenexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-16, 10:10   Link #1062
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle_Kyon View Post
Spoiler:
Just like physics said - NHK in any form is not shallow like that.
Old 2006-11-18, 01:16   Link #1063
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Just watched episode 19. Is it me, or has there been a sharp decrease in the quality of the art?

Other than odd looking images, it was still the same good NHK to me.
Orchunter226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-18, 02:20   Link #1064
guitarboy

yeah I noticed that too
guitarboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-18, 02:29   Link #1065
js1956

I hope they're just saving their budget for the final episodes.
js1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-19, 16:35   Link #1066
rikc
they are barking

Despite the poor art and animation, 19 was my favorite episode so far.
rikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-19, 18:46   Link #1067
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I don't think it was poor in any way; personally, although I know the art and animation was because of a lack of funds, it had the feel of Caravaggio's art to me. It focused on the contrast and effect between light and shadows, and did not focus on illustrating the depth of character emotion and movement; they were drawn akin to blocks. I liked it.

Art critique aside, I'm seeing something quite different from the manga right now. Ep19 was a walk, if not everyone's slow and plodding trail to redemption. Satou didn't really play games anymore, and he was more or less reluctant to once more disappear into a shell produced by his own weakness. Torotoro-san finally discovered the joys of work, albeit because of his sister's disappearance. Iinchou finally gained freedom from the bondage of evil. Satou slowly once more got to game-making, and Misaki's bubbly nature helped maintain both of their lives.

I hope it wouldn't be a turn for the worse but be a continuing improvement and explication on the lives of these quite-tragic people. And from what I see, next episode's bound to be development on Misaki. This series is not cheap. Not at all. I wish there were more series like this.

(The voice-acting, as usual, was so jarringly top-notch.)
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-19, 23:50   Link #1068
js1956

It seems like episode 20 used most of the material from chapter 16. Surprisingly enough,
Spoiler:
js1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-20, 05:51   Link #1069
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Are they going to retrogress once more? OMG NO.
Old 2006-11-20, 06:34   Link #1070
lonely_in_gorgeous
Member of N.H.K

Send a message via Yahoo to lonely_in_gorgeous
yeah in some episodes seems that the animation still up and down ^^; but for the story i think it's getting better and more complicated with more characters.i think it's just a story about a hikikomori with his boring life at the first time but i changed my mind as the story turned out to be more complicated(just like the melancholy of suzumiya haruhi)
lonely_in_gorgeous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-20, 06:39   Link #1071
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

The story has been mixed quite a bit already. What can be expected? I really don't know. ep20 has quite a few surprises in store, however, but I still don't have a clue on how things will end. Let's just see, then.
Old 2006-11-20, 06:58   Link #1072
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

First of all, its winter time in NHK - talk about the perfect time for the winter affect. o/

Now.. adding a Kashiwa-senpai school scene wasen't something i'd think they'd go and use at this point, but it goes to show they're still going to go the NHK way even though its closer to the way. You could watch this episode and think "wow, Satou's not a Hikikomori anymore", because well.. thats what i thought. They're telling this perfectly, like someone already posted - this whole episode is pretty much just Chapter 16 in a nutshell, with added material to show that the show is drawing the end. Its Understandable that they wouldn't add Satou phoning up Kashiwa-senpai.. but i'll get onto that subject in a few minutes. Overall this was a classic NHK episode for me, the feeling was there from start to finish.

Spoiler for Episode 21:

Also, i'd just like to add that the cloths Satou is wearing when he goes outside in this episode are the same as the manga juring the winter. Nice lil' touch there~
Old 2006-11-20, 08:18   Link #1073
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Welcome to NHK - 19 Insights ~ Welcome to the Bluebird!

I hope you enjoy my insights.
Old 2006-11-20, 10:14   Link #1074
therethere

just wondering (and to hopefully start up some discussion) but what is the significance of the bluebird in ep 19's title?
therethere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-20, 10:15   Link #1075
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by therethere View Post
just wondering (and to hopefully start up some discussion) but what is the significance of the bluebird in ep 19's title?
Well, the same name was used for Chapter 13 of the manga. I can tell you that episode 19 & Chapter 13 are different.. so i wouldn't worry much about the name.
Old 2006-11-20, 10:23   Link #1076
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by therethere View Post
Isn't that the name of the restaurant that Torotoro-san ends up working as a delivery person for?
NaweG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-20, 10:27   Link #1077
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
Isn't that the name of the restaurant that Torotoro-san ends up working as a delivery person for?
I don't think so, but even if it is - what i was getting at is that the title for the episode already appeared in the manga before the episode.. and both are completely different from each other.
Old 2006-11-20, 14:42   Link #1078
Kisuke06
I see...

I just watched episode 19 and, despite of the decrease in the animation quality, it was very good. The end was rather unexpected, at least in my opinion, but it was very good. The whole episode was good, IMO.

I wonder if we will ever see Satou and Yamazaki's game finished.~
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-20, 18:33   Link #1079
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ i think i would call it "heart warming" to see ^_^ it feels soo good to see a human standing back up after being put down into a deep hole i might say...

and the game...nope satou is too easily distracted to finnish the scenario imo lets see what mini adventure awaits us in ep 20...*goes to dl the raw*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-20, 20:09   Link #1080
retardation
phantom loser

i got a question about this show. was there an episode where misaki found out that satou liked her and she was somewhat weirded out... perhaps when she saw that doll that looked like her... anyone know what episode/time that is?
retardation is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gonzo, psychological