AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2022-04-02, 10:13   Link #81
Tenzen12

Nope they don't in this case. It doesn't matter if there is 0 of 10 of 100 of 1000. Ultimately 0 is and always will be 0. I don't care how many women get shot down, but how many doesn't. I will also offer "statistic". If there is 5 pilots on space ship, one of them is female and three pilots (including female one) of five get regularly shot dow that means 50% of male and 0% female pilots get job done. Still insist statistics matter?

Honestly when it come Gundam there isn't much point expecting objectivity from you, so lets just can it.
Old 2022-04-02, 10:17   Link #82
Decel

Yay for a female protagonist, but why does the Gundam's design has to be feminized with it?

Only acceptable answer story-wise in my eyes is if they designed the Gundam knowing the girl will pilot it.
Old 2022-04-02, 10:26   Link #83
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
If every instalment had ONE female pilot who can fight against odds, there would be no reason complain.
You serious? If so I will do the statistics for you.

Here comes ONE female pilot in each non-SD Gundam anime installments who survived the shows (didn't get shot down to death) or who were only lost to the MCs.
Spoiler for major spoilers for most Gundam anime:

Now be consistent to your own words and admit reality.

Quote:
Nope they don't in this case. It doesn't matter if there is 0 of 10 of 100 of 1000. Ultimately 0 is and always will be 0. I don't care how many women get shot down, but how many doesn't. I will also offer "statistic". If there is 5 pilots on space ship, one of them is female and three pilots (including female one) of five get regularly shot dow that means 50% of male and 0% female pilots get job done. Still insist statistics matter?

Honestly when it come Gundam there isn't much point expecting objectivity from you, so lets just can it.
Look at my statistic above based on your own criteria. Majority wins.

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2022-04-02 at 11:00.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-02, 10:43   Link #84
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel View Post
Yay for a female protagonist, but why does the Gundam's design has to be feminized with it?
Feminized? Look at the model kits for a more accurate idea of how it looks. It's doesn't look feminine at all. Take the Arial for example. It has very triangular torso, thin waist and muscular thighs. Rather than feminine, it has the proportions of a male athlete.

Of course muscular thighs design is a departure from the blocky legs that Gundams usually have. But big thighs on their own doesn't mean feminine. If anything, it's just makes the Gundam more anatomically accurate to a male human. Male athletes have really big, muscular thighs.
Old 2022-04-02, 12:06   Link #85
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
You serious? If so I will do the statistics for you.

Here comes ONE female pilot in each non-SD Gundam anime installments who survived the shows (didn't get shot down to death) or who were only lost to the MCs.
Spoiler for major spoilers for most Gundam anime:

Now be consistent to your own words and admit reality.

Look at my statistic above based on your own criteria. Majority wins.
Except 90% of them suffer of gundam female pilot syndrome and have bad record. First valid on list is Christina. Of all Buldier spin off, only May counts (not gonna bother validating or ruling out Magie, that would be just pain in ass). With 8th I would accept Karen, definitely not Aina though, she is as classic gundam female pilot as it gets. Next one is Marbet, maybe. Monique. Then again nothing until Soma. IBO did female pilot justice and we need more gundam entries like that.

Well that's it from me. Feel free have last word.
Old 2022-04-02, 12:19   Link #86
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Except 90% of them suffer of gundam female pilot syndrome and have bad record.
What kind of "bad records"? You can't just deflect statistical facts with a random unspecified throwaway generalizing standard term like "bad record" and insist that your take is right. Heck, I even gave you a handicap by not mentioning Haman Karn in Zeta and gave AGE a pass.

I did my homework. I made the statistics based on your own criteria and when the result doesn't suit your agenda, you pretty much just dismiss it without any strong reason?
Old 2022-04-02, 12:27   Link #87
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Feminized? Look at the model kits for a more accurate idea of how it looks. It's doesn't look feminine at all. Take the Arial for example. It has very triangular torso, thin waist and muscular thighs. Rather than feminine, it has the proportions of a male athlete.

Of course muscular thighs design is a departure from the blocky legs that Gundams usually have. But big thighs on their own doesn't mean feminine. If anything, it's just makes the Gundam more anatomically accurate to a male human. Male athletes have really big, muscular thighs.
And it's similar to other past Gundams in my opinion.
Old 2022-04-02, 13:00   Link #88
justavisitor

Final a female protagonist...something Patlabor, another mecha (kind of) anime and manga already did it in 1989...it's so long overdue.

The only thing I don't get is, the main gundam is Aerial, but why the red one is the one being shown in the trailer??
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-02, 13:35   Link #89
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
The only thing I don't get is, the main gundam is Aerial, but why the red one is the one being shown in the trailer??
No. That's Aerial in the teaser. It was just covered by dark shadows. If you look carefully, you can see the blue on its chest area. The teaser head design also matches Aerial art.

Lfrith & Beguir Beu will appear in the Prologue project that will preceed the main anime TV show, kinda like GBD Prologue episode.
Old 2022-04-02, 14:39   Link #90
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

I don't get idea that female pilot only "did justice" if it doing IBO stuffs.
That's like belittling how some of them are very capable in respect to what they confronted, such as:

- Une who probably the closest to be considered Trieze equal. Might as well saying she's Gundam best example of "Behind every great man, there is a great woman".
- Selene capable of making clear judgement with MS intended for research purpose in times of war.
- Fumina literally the joint of her team. Committing herself into providing barrier, power-up and decision making.

Sure its not 90% of population but they're great too. Fumina case looks simplest and insignificant compare to training Tekkadan newbies but in 3v3 PVP scheme like GBF Try, running dedicated support or healer risk is higher than running three attacker.
Old 2022-04-02, 15:38   Link #91
Tenzen12

I already gave Lady Une credit where its due and Fumino support would be very useful if after first few episode Try didn't go full Dragon Ball Z, where having guts is enough get over any damage and defeat any enemy.

I don't remember much of Stargazer so I can be wrong about Selene.
Old 2022-04-02, 16:04   Link #92
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I already gave Lady Une credit where its due and Fumino support would be very useful if after first few episode Try didn't go full Dragon Ball Z, where having guts is enough get over any damage and defeat any enemy.
That statement is simply not true. Most of the Try Fighters' official matches are won with teamwork. Fumina even....
Spoiler for plot points of GBF Try:
Fumina's supporting role is always vital in Try. You may dislike their style of teamwork but it's still team effort lead by Fumina.

Quote:
I don't remember much of Stargazer so I can be wrong about Selene.
Selene has even more agency & resourcefullness than Sven who is supposed to be the MC. And don't forget that Selene technically...
Spoiler for Stargazer ending:
Old 2022-04-02, 22:02   Link #93
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
No. That's Aerial in the teaser. It was just covered by dark shadows. If you look carefully, you can see the blue on its chest area. The teaser head design also matches Aerial art.

Lfrith & Beguir Beu will appear in the Prologue project that will preceed the main anime TV show, kinda like GBD Prologue episode.
Thanks!! Can't believe I didn't notice it. I just saw the red color and thought the red one was in the teaser
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-03, 05:35   Link #94
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Fumino support would be very useful if after first few episode Try didn't go full Dragon Ball Z, where having guts is enough get over any damage and defeat any enemy.
... Not true at all.

Snibal-Drago-Gira defeated because she made quick call to regroup realizing the triplets likely hide something following their trap focus.
Tryon 3 defeated because she decided that she and Sekai better pour all their energy for barrier to protect Yuuma as Tryon exhausted most of its reservoir to defeat them in single attack.

Even the series hinted that being support in a team is very difficult because not only crafting proper gimmick and energy management to ensure the supports is significant enough to make difference, but also because it come with risk making team vulnerable compare to running three attackers due to 3v3 format. The bar is respectfully high in-universe IMO considering other player who run support in national level, Shia, is carried by Wilfrid and Adou that stronger and more experienced opposite to how Fumina carried Sekai and Yuuma decision making.

Selene quality being able to lived up to her role as both experienced scientist and pilot of the titular mecha is something else too.
Feels bad if both doesn't count just because "not IBO enough for me". Now I kinda hope WoM got some Reconquista element so some part of it can be watched as "cute girls doing cute things with Gundam".

Old 2022-04-03, 18:17   Link #95
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Was it confirmed that the Witch from the title is referring to the MC? or is this only a guess?
Old 2022-04-04, 01:14   Link #96
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Was it confirmed that the Witch from the title is referring to the MC? or is this only a guess?
We have next to zero details regarding the story so far. So yeah, what the "witch" is, is not confirmed yet.
Old 2022-04-04, 08:44   Link #97
B214

Well don't get caught up in the title too much. Iron Blooded Orphans didn't really mean the Orphans have iron blood in them.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-04, 10:56   Link #98
Tenzen12

I am pretty sure they had iron blood in them though. Irc they were all humans and not octopuses or spiders.
Old 2022-06-17, 00:18   Link #99
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Official site has been update with character and MS linearts.
Images
Characters
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2022-06-17, 01:29   Link #100
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

My reaction after catching a glimpse of the MS designs:

Dilanza: "Who the F let a mecha from Dunbine in??"
Gundam Pharact: "Another calm sniper type?"
Michaelis: "Did Genoace Custom make out with Knight Gundam and gave birth to this dude?"

Also:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2022-06-17 at 01:59.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote