AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2023-05-20, 06:54   Link #21
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I happened to have watched it last week and forgot to post.

I was also pretty impressed with it, they really captured the atmosphere of the OG series. The changes they made made sense and helped making this story more relevant to the overall narrative. Really good stuff. Not a whole lot of fighting but what little there was was great, those high mobility Zakus were amazing.
Old 2023-09-01, 08:27   Link #22
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I still haven't watched the movie but I watched the original episode 15 to see what was it about. I had seen the movie trilogy due to advices but now I'm binging the tv series.

Episode 15 feels kinda rushed in terms of storytelling too but the weirdest thing I found was that Amuro felt a bit more mature with his ideology of how the guy should not rely on violence against Zeon. Kinda weird considering in the next episodes, Amuro becomes obsessed with piloting the Gundam to prove his superiority over Ramba.
Old 2023-10-17, 06:38   Link #23
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I watched the movie. Already the first minutes confused me as it was Yasuhiko doing the right after rewatching Char's Counterattack. Guess the designs sure feel different. In terms of plot, choosing this episode to be remade in terms of narrative really doesn't add much considering how in the next episodes Amuro meets Ramba Ral and goes from mature to incredibly frustrated.

The action was pretty good but there sure was little to no Gundam. I guess the focus was the handling of Amuro talking with everybody from the island while the White Base... they were comic relief?