AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-05-12, 12:39   Link #1041
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
Moogles FTW!
Well it's an FF so they have to be somewhere :3
They do? I don't remember seeing any in the likes of FFVII or FFVIII, which are the ones FFXIII seem to be most reminiscent of.

As for the Xbox 360 version having less content, this is all I've heard:

http://kotaku.com/5250173/japanese-v...i-who-needs-em

Not very good news, I can only hope the English dub will be as good as FFXII's.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 13:07   Link #1042
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I actually lol'ed at the pic. SO4 was what, 4 discs already? It's not far from the 10 discs or so shown in the picture lol.

As for JP tracks, I'd pass on it, even though Sakamoto is voicing lightning. S-E has been pretty good so far with English voices, as the voices in TLR and SO4 weren't half bad.

Of course, this all assumes that S-E doesn't use JYB... again. Once was enough in TLR, and he's also voicing the main character in Magna Carta 2, so I hope to Bahamut that he ain't gonna get casted here as a major cahracter.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 17:25   Link #1043
Otani-kun
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
They do? I don't remember seeing any in the likes of FFVII or FFVIII, which are the ones FFXIII seem to be most reminiscent of.
Moogle was part of the Choco/Mog summon in FFVII, and Caith Sith is riding a big Moogle plushtoy. And he's a special summon (MiniMog) in FFVIII. So yeah, they always make some kind of appearance.
Otani-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 17:38   Link #1044
Luciany

Is final fantasy XIII out? I heard it's going to be released in PS3... T^T

I don't have one.. sigh...-.-; lolxD
Luciany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 19:11   Link #1045
Ender!
Spiral

Send a message via AIM to Ender! Send a message via MSN to Ender!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
As for the Xbox 360 version having less content, this is all I've heard:

http://kotaku.com/5250173/japanese-v...i-who-needs-em

Not very good news, I can only hope the English dub will be as good as FFXII's.
Square isn't so bad when it comes to English dubs, but a Japanese-made game is always better Japanese-voiced. I found it pretty funny how they need to take out the Japanese voice in order to fit it on the 360, even after having multiple discs already. Blu-ray is proving to be pretty convenient. xP
Ender! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 22:23   Link #1046
TubZzz
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to TubZzz
so is the English PS3 version going to include Japanese + English voices... and the 360 version isn't?

or are they going to make all versions with just English voice?
TubZzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 22:26   Link #1047
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

From what I understand, they're still deciding should they include JP voice in 360 version same as the PS3, although it seems like the result will be "no".

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
As for JP tracks, I'd pass on it, even though Sakamoto is voicing lightning. S-E has been pretty good so far with English voices, as the voices in TLR and SO4 weren't half bad.
Is there any game that has worse English dub than SO4?
Oh wait, there is, Enchanted Arms. Otherwise SO4 would take a first place.
Old 2009-05-12, 22:29   Link #1048
TubZzz
*IT Support

have they always had Japanese + English voices in the English releases of FF games or is XIII gonna be the first of 'em?
Old 2009-05-12, 22:33   Link #1049
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

This is the first one. Mostly thank to the Blu-ray's capability.
Old 2009-05-13, 00:22   Link #1050
TubZzz
*IT Support

that's great ^_^

good thing i got a PS3
Old 2009-05-13, 02:10   Link #1051
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Is there any game that has worse English dub than SO4?
Oh wait, there is, Enchanted Arms. Otherwise SO4 would take a first place.
Nah. SO4's writing is horrendous, not the voice acting. Voice Acting in that game ranges from below to above average. And of course, Laura Bailey can do no wrong to my eyes (or ears in this case lol).
Old 2009-05-24, 20:22   Link #1052
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Just saw the demo recently, and wow, the gameplay's really reminiscent of Xenosaga II's "break" system, although the battles here seem more fast-paced fortunately. Not exactly innovative there, but since I've always liked Xeno II's battle system, this looks like it's going to be fun.
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 20:54   Link #1053
Vicious108

Are you serious? I love the Xenosaga series, but I couldn't stand Episode II's battle system. FFXIII's being anything like is not a good sign for me...
Old 2009-05-24, 21:35   Link #1054
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Like I said, the battle system in 13 is more fast-paced, in Xeno II it took quite some time before you can fill up the battle gauge, thereby making breaking enemies more tedious for some, in 13, on the other hand, the battle gauge fills up automatically. When you break them, you could lift the enemies to the air and continually barrage them with hits, just like in Xeno. But it's just the demo though, we might see more changes in the future (pffft, when will that be?).
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 00:12   Link #1055
RisArk

It's looks like FF X-2 done right.
RisArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 03:01   Link #1056
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Errr....Hard Drive on 360 much? I mean I have the 60 gig one and that should assumedly be more than enough. Also I think they understate the capacity of DVD9. Just learn how to actually compress that audio and I think they've got it. Shouldn't take up more than a gig at most for extra voice over tracks.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 19:34   Link #1057
Zarifus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Errr....Hard Drive on 360 much? I mean I have the 60 gig one and that should assumedly be more than enough. Also I think they understate the capacity of DVD9. Just learn how to actually compress that audio and I think they've got it. Shouldn't take up more than a gig at most for extra voice over tracks.
Microsoft failed to plan ahead when releasing the different bundles. HDDs aren't in every console so they're not allowed to make "HDD required" games.

As for the DVD capacities, the moment you exceed one disc, you're forced to waste alot more to duplicate data. You'll also lose around a GB to the disc formating, copy protection, and that new NXE update thats required to be on the discs.

If theres dual-audio on the PS3 version, it most likely will not be on the 360 version as Microsoft actually makes the developers -pay- more to publish a game that exceeds 2 discs.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong as I haven't been following consoles this closely anymore, but I don't think they've changed all that much in policies.
Zarifus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 03:00   Link #1058
5cm.per.second
SunnyEnvironmentGoneWrong

I have a ps3 so the xbox multiple disc thing doesn't bother me, but what I'm curious about is if there's a town you go to early on, and then say at a later point in the game where you've already switched to another disc you decide you want re-visit that earlier town, would you have to switch back to that beginning disc? I'd say no you wouldn't, but it just seems really inconvenient to have multiple discs so I hope SE handle it well for 360kids.
5cm.per.second is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 03:41   Link #1059
Vicious108

Man I might actually have to buy a PS3 for this... 360 just seems like it'll have it pretty bad. Not to mention the lack of Versus.
Old 2009-05-26, 07:19   Link #1060
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5cm.per.second View Post
I have a ps3 so the xbox multiple disc thing doesn't bother me, but what I'm curious about is if there's a town you go to early on, and then say at a later point in the game where you've already switched to another disc you decide you want re-visit that earlier town, would you have to switch back to that beginning disc? I'd say no you wouldn't, but it just seems really inconvenient to have multiple discs so I hope SE handle it well for 360kids.
For the record, switching disks was a big annoyance in Star Ocean: The Last Hope for the very same reasons. It is exactly as you have said... if you wanted to visit an earlier planet, you have to change discs. So if FF13 allows any sort of backtracking (which it being a FF, I'm pretty sure it will), there will be much pain for 360 users.

Tags
final fantasy, ps3, rpg, square-enix, xbox 360