AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-23, 02:50   Link #41
AdventSleeper

Oh my, that certainly flipped my world upside down. What a life-changing revelation.
Old 2011-11-23, 03:13   Link #42
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Ginjou makes it sound so bad that SS took measures against an unstable hybrid of god-knows-what, who kicked their door and caused a mess in their house.
Old 2011-11-23, 03:17   Link #43
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

But what if he is actually telling the truth?

Yeah no.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-11-23, 03:21   Link #44
Casshern

Blueballin' s.o.b Kubo you spend friggin' weeks building up to this and when we finally get there you cut us off.
Old 2011-11-23, 03:34   Link #45
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

So basically Ichigo was under secret surveillance the whole time. Well it's not exactly nice to keep such a thing secret but it's not exactly the greatest crime in the world either. Really, the only problem is that Ukitake simply didn't tell Ichigo that. I mean if I were in Soul Societies shoes, I wouldn't want a powerful shinigami/human hybrid running around unchecked, either. And although it may be harsh to execute him if he ever did something wrong, one can easily the see the scenarios where that can be justified (Since there's one right in front of him), so it's a simple matter asking for the other side of the story, which can easily turn out to be a lot more reasonable (Ginjou is not exactly someone who has proven himself trustworthy in any case...)

If they simply explained it to him reasonably (and it is quite reasonable) then there's really no problem. As it stands the only issue this creates now is simply hurt feelings from the revealed lack of trust. Cry me a river. If this is supposed to be a great revelation, enough to devote an entire chapter to, then to quote Kurisu: "Yo, I heard you like fail, so we put some fail in your fail, so you can facepalm while you facepalm"...
Old 2011-11-23, 03:42   Link #46
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

There's still a chance that Ukitake is willing to feed Ichigo to Mayuri.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-11-23, 03:45   Link #47
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Yeah...Mayuri is an even bigger threat to Soul Societies moral highground and Kubo played that for laughs. I honestly don't see how he can expect us to take this seriously anymore.
Old 2011-11-23, 06:00   Link #48
lucasd

Ichigo is a dumb-ass, has he ever heard about diplomacy?
Peace talk is for sissies!

Would not it be easier to ask to redo spell on his friends at the beginning.

Also SS massacred quincy, so far the greatest massacre (exluding maybe 10 visit to earth) whereas Ginjo did not kill anyone (at least known for now) and SS is good guys for ichigo?
Old 2011-11-23, 07:15   Link #49
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Wanna know why Aizen would never be considered a "good guy"? The guy killed people just cause he could...no other reason is needed.

Why is Ginjuu a bad guy even though he hasn't killed anyone (that we know) yet?
1: He nearly killed Ishida.
2: He works with a guy that loves to mindfuck people for what seems to be shits and giggles.
3: Who's to say he wouldn't have killed Ichigo and a whole lot of others after taking his powers?

Finally...Ichigo invaded SS, has captain level power (even more during the Aizen fight) AND he could suddenly turn into a psychotic half hollow dude (Hichigo) which he had no control over AND was stronger than he regular self.
What kind of organization would be moronic enough NOT to put the guy under surveillance?

It's like a country not keeping watch over its nuclear weapons.
Old 2011-11-23, 07:24   Link #50
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
It's like a country not keeping watch over its nuclear weapons.
Nuclear weapons that have a mind of their own. XP
Old 2011-11-23, 07:50   Link #51
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Blueballin' s.o.b Kubo you spend friggin' weeks building up to this and when we finally get there you cut us off.
I was about to orgasm

Yeah! I wanted to see Ichigo go bankai! I don't care what reason he does it only that he does it

Best line ever...
"what have you been watching. I'm sorry to inform you, I can still easily wipe the floor with you two" I love that Ginjou. He's becoming my fourth favorite character.

Once again Kubo proves that he PLANNED most things and still fans deny it. There is a method to his madness!
Chapter was good but I don't have time to discuss it. I always suspected that badge was a limiter and I am sure it's not as bad as Ginjou sounds. He probably fucked up and Ukitake tried to kill him. It's nice to finally learn the division specialty
Old 2011-11-23, 07:53   Link #52
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Nuclear weapons that have a mind of their own. XP
And psychotic split personalities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
Once again Kubo proves that he PLANNED most things.
Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuure he did...
Old 2011-11-23, 07:56   Link #53
KnightOfTwo

Upon seeing what actually happened this chap. I retract my earlier post about this sounding interesting. In the end, the reasoning behind it was just stupid.

Keeping track of Ichigo, when he isn't actually a member of the Gotei 13 makes perfect sense. While his objectives may fall in line with theirs, he is not a Gotei 13 member and therefore does not have to directly answer to them. At the very least, he is a captain class level shinigami that could pose a large threat to wherever he is. Left unattended, who knows what kinds of shenanigans he could get into.

The badge being a suppressor for his power makes even more sense. The captains have inhibitors put on them when they enter the real world, so why wouldn't they want Ichigo, someone with captain class power, to have the same thing?

If his friends knew and didn't tell him. Yeah, it is slightly jerkish but that doesn't mean they are out to get him killed. It just means they thought he wouldn't take it well or that there wasn't even a need to tell him. Considering they gave him his powers back when Ginjou stole some of them, I would put more trust in them.

I actually had faith in Ichigo for a moment, saying he wasn't gonna fall for anything....only to fall for something 5 panels later.

Oh well, get to see new Bankai next week. Hope it has actually changed.
Old 2011-11-23, 08:11   Link #54
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntherblast View Post
I doubt he was sick all those times. Also how does monitoring/restricting ichigo with the badge make ss the bad guys?
"The badge is a surveillance device for Soul Society and a device to absorb, analyze and control your reiatsu."

If I'm going to be a guinea pig, I'd rather not find out over 2 years later after working with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
If SS is the bad guy and you fight against the bad guy, would that make you a good guy?
bad guys can only work together for so long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Oh, and the badge is apparently a tracking device and a reiatsu regulator, among things. Why does Ginjou still carry his around again?
more than likely it doesn't work anymore, but we'll see if the upcoming chapter(s) explain that little bit...
Old 2011-11-23, 08:16   Link #55
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

errr... so what's wrong with being observed by Ukitake??? except if Ukitake has an evil plan, then it won't be a big problem...

there's no way Ichigo will switch sides....

new bankai... worth to see
Old 2011-11-23, 08:17   Link #56
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
Once again Kubo proves that he PLANNED most things and still fans deny it.
And once again I'll tell you that my complaint is that Kubo is a shite planner and not that he doesn't plan at all. This is probably the best example yet.
Old 2011-11-23, 08:41   Link #57
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
http://www.narutoforums.com/showpost...50&postcount=1 < before anyone think it's pure asspull or something. Is this guy a time-traveller or something?
it could also mean that Kubo saw that thread and made that story happen lol
Old 2011-11-23, 09:02   Link #58
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
And once again I'll tell you that my complaint is that Kubo is a shite planner and not that he doesn't plan at all. This is probably the best example yet.
Either he doesn't plan it or he does and its shitty planning...either way this manga's plot is as unstable as its backgrounds...one minute it's here and then BAM...what backgrounds?
Old 2011-11-23, 09:03   Link #59
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
But what if he is actually telling the truth?

Yeah no.
Ginjou's telling the truth... I think.
that reaction Ishida told me that Ishida knew everything Ginjou said to Ichigo long before. maybe Ichigo believed Ginjou but I think Ichigo knows deep inside that there was a purpose behind the surveillance.

anyway, I wonder if Ichigo's bankai would look the same as before?

Old 2011-11-23, 09:18   Link #60
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
errr... so what's wrong with being observed by Ukitake??? except if Ukitake has an evil plan, then it won't be a big problem..
invasion of privacy is always an issue...I'm pretty sure you wouldn't like it if you found out the government was watching you everywhere.
Closed Thread