AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2013-07-12, 12:21   Link #81
Miraluka
Banned

Jotaro's stand attacks are physical or else Dio would havel left for good -.-

Btw, Accelerator's reflection is always on auto, and has a filter for things even he doesn't notices.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 12:58   Link #82
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

@Yui's husband

Accelerator is one of the most powerful characters in any series (probably).

Well now that Railgun episode 14 happened and mentioned something important all I'm going to say is this:

Spoiler for Railgun S episode 14:

Many Raildex Characters are insanely powerful actually compared to other series.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 13:42   Link #83
Rovert10

Cross universe stuff never works. The mechanics and laws behind them are way too vague to give any real comparison.

Try keeping it to ways Accelerator can be defeated that isn't a Light Novel character not seen yet.
Rovert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 14:32   Link #84
Haigon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovert10 View Post
Cross universe stuff never works. The mechanics and laws behind them are way too vague to give any real comparison.

Try keeping it to ways Accelerator can be defeated that isn't a Light Novel character not seen yet.
That reminds of the "Can shiki kill..." threads elsewhere =/
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 14:40   Link #85
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
That reminds of the "Can shiki kill..." threads elsewhere =/
In this universe, both Shiki are fodder .
Old 2013-07-12, 19:19   Link #86
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Jotaro's stand attacks are physical or else Dio would havel left for good -.-

Btw, Accelerator's reflection is always on auto, and has a filter for things even he doesn't notices.
Ah, but there is one thing Accelerator would be HELPLESS against; Star Platinum's ability to stop time and still be able to attack while reality stops for 3 seconds.

Sure, he might be able to reflect Jotaro's attacks when time flows normally; but all JoJo needs to do is invoke "The World", leap forth and attack in safety as reality stops, and pretty-boy would suddenly blink and sheepishly wonder "what the fuck are all these fist sized holes doing across my body" before falling down to Hell where he belongs.

Last edited by Yui Is My Wife; 2013-07-12 at 20:04.
Yui Is My Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 20:31   Link #87
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Ah, but there is one thing Accelerator would be HELPLESS against; Star Platinum's ability to stop time and still be able to attack while reality stops for 3 seconds.

Sure, he might be able to reflect Jotaro's attacks when time flows normally; but all JoJo needs to do is invoke "The World", leap forth and attack in safety as reality stops, and pretty-boy would suddenly blink and sheepishly wonder "what the fuck are all these fist sized holes doing across my body" before falling down to Hell where he belongs.
If someone stopped time in Raildex verse, it would immediately start again. The reason, I don't care to say. Lets just say that whatever you try will not work unless "someone else" is willing for it to work. If you say you will kill him, it won't happen. Sorry. It's impossible. Blow up the universe, it still will somehow not kill him. Anyway... moving on to reasonable attempts at defeating him:

Well he has some pretty messed up conceptions, right?
Spoiler for Railgun S episode 15 hint:
Old 2013-07-13, 04:33   Link #88
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
In this universe, both Shiki are fodder .
Nasu's waifu and self-insert are hurt by that.

@Yui, lot 'o fan-wanking you're doing there.
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 13:01   Link #89
hamazura
whatever

If accelerator goes to one piece world as Vector Vector no Mi, is he still unbeatable? -_-
Old 2013-07-14, 03:40   Link #90
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
If accelerator goes to one piece world as Vector Vector no Mi, is he still unbeatable? -_-
No. But that's because the quality of One Piece physics are to Index's carefully defined physics what the quality of Dragon ball GT was to the quality of Volumes 19 and 22 of Index OT
Old 2013-07-15, 03:20   Link #91
Marina2

So, teleporting an object into Accelerator won't work because teleportation also have vector. But what will happen if Awai tries to use her power to teleport Accelerator into an object? Can he resist/reflect the teleportation power in that way?

Fun question: What will happen if they replace Loki with Accelerator in the Avenger movie?
Old 2013-07-15, 03:48   Link #92
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
So, teleporting an object into Accelerator won't work because teleportation also have vector. But what will happen if Awai tries to use her power to teleport Accelerator into an object? Can he resist/reflect the teleportation power in that way?

Fun question: What will happen if they replace Loki with Accelerator in the Avenger movie?
Well...
Spoiler for Index season II details about the first question with Awaki:

Though if you consider an 11 dimensional vector from point A to point B ... (I do math remember)
Old 2013-07-15, 05:37   Link #93
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

actually in the greater scope of the Index verse Accel ( Sister arc) ability while unique is out of his league compared with a lot of insanely OP individuals in magic side
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 11:29   Link #94
Rovert10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
actually in the greater scope of the Index verse Accel ( Sister arc) ability while unique is out of his league compared with a lot of insanely OP individuals in magic side
Again Light Novel characters for the most part havn't been revealed in their full scope and powers. Try keeping those guys out of this thread.

Anyone who has read the Light Novel knows full well that Accelerator is far from invincible and could be instantly killed by some.
Old 2013-07-15, 11:37   Link #95
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

If a Level-ZERO bookworm like Kihara could beat albino-sociopath into a bloody pulp just by knowing the EXACT moment of when to pull his punches so his fists get sucked into Accelerator by his powers, then a Wing-Chun Kung-Fu master who has an even stronger degree of control over his fists would absolutely destroy the little bastard.
Old 2013-07-15, 12:01   Link #96
Rovert10

Quote:
If a Level-ZERO bookworm like Kihara could beat albino-sociopath into a bloody pulp just by knowing the EXACT moment of when to pull his punches so his fists get sucked into Accelerator by his powers, then a Wing-Chun Kung-Fu master who has an even stronger degree of control over his fists would absolutely destroy the little bastard.
Doesn't work like that. You need the exact calculations of when and how to pull your punches. A random Kung-Fu Master with no concept of such is incapable of doing what Kihara did.

It's something only Kihara Amata is capable of doing since he was studying Accelerator for years.
Old 2013-07-15, 12:24   Link #97
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Someone tried, and got his hand twisted despite being a master ninja .
Old 2013-07-15, 19:35   Link #98
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

In general there are a few methods one could use to defeat Accelerator:
*Use his reflection against him; Requires intricate knowledge of his Personal Reality and/or superhuman reflexes. Personally, while I think this is theoretically possible, actually implementing it is completely ridiculous.

*attack him directly with vectors he cannot grasp (not inputted in his Personal Reality); Very rare. Not an option for Mikoto.

*attack him indirectly through other means which bypass his reflection eg Food Poisoning etc; The Sisters eventually manage to find a rather effective method of doing so...

*attack with phenomenon which do not function through vectors ie vectorless attacks; I will leave this to your imagination... To my knowledge, not an option for Mikoto

*attack the very foundation of his ability (AIM, Personal Reality); includes but is not limited to Kamijou Touma's Imagine Breaker. Capacity Down would also be an effective strategy against him. Not an option for Mikoto

Last edited by OH&S; 2013-07-15 at 22:40.
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 20:29   Link #99
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Hmm, then someone like Shao-Li, the cold-eyed Taiwanese killer from Noir would be absolutely lethal here.

She has an acquired personal immunity against a poisonous incense she likes to light when she needs to make a kill subtle. It is odorless, tasteless and lethal as cyanide to those who have not acquired her immunity.

Somehow Lure Accelerator into a Buddhist temple, where the presence if incense is Expected and won't be suspected, watch him start doubling over in a minute or two, and pull out your knife...
Old 2013-07-15, 21:31   Link #100
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Hmm, then someone like Shao-Li, the cold-eyed Taiwanese killer from Noir would be absolutely lethal here.

She has an acquired personal immunity against a poisonous incense she likes to light when she needs to make a kill subtle. It is odorless, tasteless and lethal as cyanide to those who have not acquired her immunity.

Somehow Lure Accelerator into a Buddhist temple, where the presence if incense is Expected and won't be suspected, watch him start doubling over in a minute or two, and pull out your knife...
Nah he would just fly away. Also pulling a knife on him would just be stupid.

If you want to use poison, carbon monoxide while he sleeps would be the best thing to do.