AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-11, 11:04   Link #4781
Sumeragi
Banned

Just look at the perfect features of her face. That chin, those bangs, those eyes.....
Old 2013-08-11, 13:10   Link #4782
SilverTalon

Not sure how you're getting that those first 2 couldn't possibly be about Mikoto. Its talking about explosively awakening the sleeping power of some one and then Mikoto gets some power explosively awakened so I'd say theres enough circumstantial evidence that it is possible. Now personally, I'd bet that what we saw was not Gensei's end game and he plans to use Mikoto to awaken something else, but theres really not enough information yet to be sure. It should be clear later though, if this was his end game, the line had to mean her, and if it isn't, then it didn't.

The only real wasted speculation has been on if Mikoto is 'the favorite.'
Old 2013-08-11, 13:15   Link #4783
Sumeragi
Banned

People need to read before saying anything. If my explanation wasn't clear enough, then we have a reading comprehension problem.
Old 2013-08-11, 15:52   Link #4784
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTalon View Post
Not sure how you're getting that those first 2 couldn't possibly be about Mikoto. Its talking about explosively awakening the sleeping power of some one and then Mikoto gets some power explosively awakened so I'd say theres enough circumstantial evidence that it is possible. Now personally, I'd bet that what we saw was not Gensei's end game and he plans to use Mikoto to awaken something else, but theres really not enough information yet to be sure. It should be clear later though, if this was his end game, the line had to mean her, and if it isn't, then it didn't.

The only real wasted speculation has been on if Mikoto is 'the favorite.'
I think the problem here is that you are using the term ''awaken'', a bit too much I might add. While not incorrect in regard to the situation, this word already has a different meaning in the Raildex fandom so using it here just gives the wrong understanding of what you are trying to say.

There are other synonyms you can use: activate, kindle, spark, switch on, turn on, fuel, etc.

However, if it's exactly how you worded it, please read Sumeragi's post
Old 2013-08-11, 16:12   Link #4785
SilverTalon

No, it has another fan given meaning. I used the word which best replaces the japanese word used in the original which was a word put there directly by the original author. If you have an issue with my wording, please send an e-mail to the author and request he not use 覚醒 . This was discussing an exact quote in japanese, I'm not going to needlessly complicate it by using less direct synonyms. Edit: And really, your choices when applied to a person would pretty much all be metaphorically speaking, and when you go and add in your own metaphors, that isn't a translation, it is a rewriting.

She used 'awakening' also so I don't see your point.

Last edited by SilverTalon; 2013-08-11 at 17:08.
Old 2013-08-11, 17:11   Link #4786
Miraluka
Banned

The only times the word awaken has been used in the whole series it has been on Index when refering to her JP mode the ones used to Accelerator or Kakine its been by the fandom. No one else.
Old 2013-08-11, 17:24   Link #4787
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I'm completely at a lost as to what the issue is here- Aren't the two of you (SilverTalon and Sumeragi) saying the exact same thing?
Old 2013-08-11, 17:47   Link #4788
Candyshark

Well Mikoto being tool does make more sence than being an endgoal. Since our lil'Biri is a bit bland for anything grander.

Now I totally see Touma punching that adored by Sumeragi face.
Old 2013-08-11, 18:07   Link #4789
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
Well Mikoto being tool does make more sence than being an endgoal. Since our lil'Biri is a bit bland for anything grander.
Well, there are times were fan demands something big for their favorite character even if they're aren't as big as the main characters reminds me of Sakura from Naruto series.

Quote:
I don't, though.
I heard the editor of Kamachi Kazume is a big fanboy of Mikoto Misaka and that blog yaraon showed some twitts of his squeeing like a fujoshi when talking about her . I wouldn't be surprised if the editor time to time tells the author to include more and more of her in the novels...
Old 2013-08-11, 18:16   Link #4790
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

You realized that people can be a fan but still be professional right?

Miki-san doesn't only do editorial work for Raildex you know.
Old 2013-08-11, 18:35   Link #4791
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

So... what has me confused is that what Sumeragi said basically implies that this power in Mikoto is being used to awaken another power and that Gensei's only goal is to awaken this other power which is hidden in the shadow of the main plan...

If so... why does this chapter mention the start of another level 6 shift plan? I thought it said that now Gensei was trying to make Mikoto level 6 or see if she could become one... I don't see why that wouldn't be the end in itself... I feel like it wouldn't be called a level 6 shift experiment if the goal wasn't actually the level 6 shift but instead the awakening of another power...
Old 2013-08-11, 18:50   Link #4792
hamazura
whatever

i think gensei know this project will fail, but he still do it because its science, its interesting, and because he is kihara
Old 2013-08-11, 19:04   Link #4793
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You realized that people can be a fan but still be professional right?

Miki-san doesn't only do editorial work for Raildex you know.
I know he works on SAO too, but I never saw any comments of him praising a character that much to the point of calling her the Princess of Dengeki along with japanese emoticons...

Whatever, Gensei is doomed I would like to see him dying and not an off screen death =/.
Old 2013-08-11, 19:08   Link #4794
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTalon View Post
No, it has another fan given meaning. I used the word which best replaces the japanese word used in the original which was a word put there directly by the original author. If you have an issue with my wording, please send an e-mail to the author and request he not use 覚醒 . This was discussing an exact quote in japanese, I'm not going to needlessly complicate it by using less direct synonyms. Edit: And really, your choices when applied to a person would pretty much all be metaphorically speaking, and when you go and add in your own metaphors, that isn't a translation, it is a rewriting.

She used 'awakening' also so I don't see your point.
覚醒 is closer to enlightenment more than anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm completely at a lost as to what the issue is here- Aren't the two of you (SilverTalon and Sumeragi) saying the exact same thing?
No, SilverTalon is missing quite a few points and adding in information not mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
So... what has me confused is that what Sumeragi said basically implies that this power in Mikoto is being used to awaken another power and that Gensei's only goal is to awaken this other power which is hidden in the shadow of the main plan...
Incorrect. Whatever power related to Exterior/Network is being used in Mikoto's body to awaken some power. Mikoto herself does not have some power, or at least it is not mentioned.
Old 2013-08-11, 19:22   Link #4795
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post

No, SilverTalon is missing quite a few points and adding in information not mentioned.

Incorrect. Whatever power related to Exterior/Network is being used in Mikoto's body to awaken some power. Mikoto herself does not have some power, or at least it is not mentioned.
Okay, so the main point essentially is that Mikoto is the stepping-stone, much like Exterior and the Network right?

Then lets leave it as that for now.
Old 2013-08-11, 19:59   Link #4796
SilverTalon

Quote:
覚醒 is closer to enlightenment more than anything
I don't think so, but if you can find a definition for 覚醒 that is close to that, I'd be interested in seeing it. These are the 3 definitions I found and I think this case is closest to #3 (well obviously as the first 2 are clearly irrelevant).
1.) 目をさますこと。目がさめること。醒覚。
2.) 過ちや迷いに気づくこと。
3.) 中枢神経系の興奮が増大し注意が喚起された意識の状態。

Enlightenment is philosophical / intellectual / spiritual and to me seems clearly outside the scope of that 3rd definition as it is talking about an increase in the excitement/stimulation of the central nervous system and usually you don't describe "enlightenment" with the central nervous system.

Also, if that was suppose to be the meaning, why wouldn't he have used one of the japanese words that usually would be translated as enlightenment? It isn't as if there are no words closer to that meaning than 覚醒.

Quote:
I could very easily be missing something here. What do you think I'm missing? Though I am pretty sure I didn't add anything.

Last edited by SilverTalon; 2013-08-11 at 20:43.
Old 2013-08-11, 20:13   Link #4797
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:

Okay that makes a lot more sense to me when you say it that way. I must have misunderstood you the first time . I was just confused because I thought Js06's version mentioned the start of a new level 6 shift project... that's all. This also makes a lot more sense I have to say
Old 2013-08-11, 20:42   Link #4798
SilverTalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Okay that makes a lot more sense to me when you say it that way. I must have misunderstood you the first time . I was just confused because I thought Js06's version mentioned the start of a new level 6 shift project... that's all. This also makes a lot more sense I have to say
I'm pretty sure his version did mention it because its stated on the final page of the chapter.

Though all it says is that another one is starting and nothing about who they are trying to shift. If they do end up trying to shift Mikoto, then those 2 bubbles that the subject isn't clear on do probably refer to her.
Old 2013-08-11, 21:56   Link #4799
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post

i really don't wanna see touma punching out mikoto. why you ask? its because her fanbase well technically go wild for the fact that touma even hurt her(the guy already has quite the hate, i sure as hell don't want it to get any bigger).plus im also a big BriBri fan myself so i would probably be unsatisfied with the fact that touma even touches the "number 3 level 5" in any harmful physical contact as well.
Old 2013-08-11, 22:02   Link #4800
whitecloud

Isee how touma would end this...just touch her face...?technically her right hand just need to touch anywhere within her body, the easiest one is her face, if he is worried she would move around just grapple her...too further add on he could kiss her..hehehe mikoto would short circuit ...

Tags
fantasy, shounen