Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2014-08-23, 04:54   Link #33661
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
HGUC Crossbone Gundam X1
Looking at the accessories of HG X1, it seems that they skip the Skirt-anchor. That's too bad. That should be one of the main accessories of X1. Other than that though, it looks like a solid kit. Definitely with better articulation than the MG. If only they don't skip the skirt-anchor . Oh well, at least now I can pose my MG X1 with the skirt anchor after I get the HG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
So they went for LBX route with simple unit + flashy effect

Also, dafuq? 4 pair of hands?!
I assume it has plenty of effect parts because BB Gundam mostly fights with martial arts and doesn’t have that much weapons. And Bandai being their usual self, won’t allow a kit to be too cheap and look for a reason to make it a bit more pricey.
Old 2014-08-23, 04:57   Link #33662
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
If only they don't skip the skirt-anchor .
-...are you forgetting just how small this thing is...?
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-23, 05:03   Link #33663
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
-...are you forgetting just how small this thing is...?
Are you forgetting what Bandai can do with their RGs? Also, this is HG. Making the front-skirt detached with a pair of hooks below it + a straight wire doesn't require complex mechanism (the front skirt gimmick of HG Advanced Hazel is even more complex than skirt-anchor). Basically a smaller & simplified version of the MG.
Old 2014-08-23, 05:43   Link #33664
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

The MG version uses an ABS plastic sculpted chain. Yes you can use a wire instead but it won't be accurate the the 'chain' design and is too flexible. Or you can make a very skinny chain-shaped length of PS plastic instead to mount it on.

...or Bandai is gonna wait for all of us to buy this version of the HGUC Crossbone and then announce a P-Bandai Web Exclusive Crossbone Gundam Full Cloth that has the Claw Anchor skirt, Screw Whips, Full Cloth, Muramasa Blaster, and Peacock Smasher all in one package while laughing at my suffering.

YES MY SUFFERING THEY DO THIS TO TORMENT ME ON PURPOSE!!!
Old 2014-08-23, 08:04   Link #33665
Tormenk

The HGUC Crossbone will be a fun model to build, if only for those david and goliath comparisons between the larger models everyone is bound to have in their collection.

Quote:
The MG version uses an ABS plastic sculpted chain. Yes you can use a wire instead but it won't be accurate the the 'chain' design and is too flexible. Or you can make a very skinny chain-shaped length of PS plastic instead to mount it on.

...or Bandai is gonna wait for all of us to buy this version of the HGUC Crossbone and then announce a P-Bandai Web Exclusive Crossbone Gundam Full Cloth that has the Claw Anchor skirt, Screw Whips, Full Cloth, Muramasa Blaster, and Peacock Smasher all in one package while laughing at my suffering.

YES MY SUFFERING THEY DO THIS TO TORMENT ME ON PURPOSE!!!
Watch them pull the same stunt they did for X-2 and x-3.

Though that was nothing compared to releasing the MG Astray Red Frame with its original loadout as an exclusive..

P.S: Is there any MG scheduled for release in September? I noticed the Astray D frame is scheduled for November. So there is a gap in September and October if that's the case.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-23, 21:44   Link #33666
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
The HGUC Crossbone will be a fun model to build, if only for those david and goliath comparisons between the larger models everyone is bound to have in their collection.
- I still want my GodD#$@%#!$ F90 1/144 kit. Or even that MG 1/100 F90 kit that Bandai has STILL not bothered to release years after it was revealed.
Old 2014-08-24, 00:12   Link #33667
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Well, when it comes to HG, I’m not really expecting that much accuracy. Also, we’ve seen what Bandai can do with the RGs, so I think if they really want it, they can make sculpted chain for the HG size (not necessarily have to be ABS, but anything solid that doesn’t droop).

Quote:
- I still want my GodD#$@%#!$ F90 1/144 kit. Or even that MG 1/100 F90 kit that Bandai has STILL not bothered to release years after it was revealed.
I think it was canned like MG Gafran. Well, you can always pray for Bandai to take a second look when they ran out of material to made kits of. But I think it’s gonna be a while because we have GBF Try, G-Reco, & Origin on the horizon, meaning: lots of materials .
Old 2014-08-24, 01:17   Link #33668
Meehlimo
Gundam Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Meehlimo Send a message via MSN to Meehlimo
Quote:
Looking at the accessories of HG X1, it seems that they skip the Skirt-anchor. That's too bad. That should be one of the main accessories of X1. Other than that though, it looks like a solid kit. Definitely with better articulation than the MG. If only they don't skip the skirt-anchor . Oh well, at least now I can pose my MG X1 with the skirt anchor after I get the HG.

I assume it has plenty of effect parts because BB Gundam mostly fights with martial arts and doesn’t have that much weapons. And Bandai being their usual self, won’t allow a kit to be too cheap and look for a reason to make it a bit more pricey.
that thing looks almost exactly like the mastergrade jesus...
Old 2014-08-24, 01:24   Link #33669
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meehlimo View Post
that thing looks almost exactly like the mastergrade jesus...
It's partly thanks to the painting and panel-lining. Furthermore, it has better articulation than the MG and slightly better proportion than the Robot Damashii X1.
Old 2014-08-24, 22:16   Link #33670
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post

Watch them pull the same stunt they did for X-2 and x-3.

Though that was nothing compared to releasing the MG Astray Red Frame with its original loadout as an exclusive..

P.S: Is there any MG scheduled for release in September? I noticed the Astray D frame is scheduled for November. So there is a gap in September and October if that's the case.
Perhaps the MG slot was taken over by the RE:100 Nightingale?

That would make sense
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-25, 05:11   Link #33671
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Are you forgetting what Bandai can do with their RGs? Also, this is HG. Making the front-skirt detached with a pair of hooks below it + a straight wire doesn't require complex mechanism (the front skirt gimmick of HG Advanced Hazel is even more complex than skirt-anchor). Basically a smaller & simplified version of the MG.
also the HG Victory did not have the transformation gimmick, so i can live with that ah RG........
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 22:20   Link #33672
Skye629

Old 2014-08-29, 06:40   Link #33673
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
also the HG Victory did not have the transformation gimmick, so i can live with that ah RG........
- The HGUC RX-78, HGUC GP01, and HGUC Double Zeta didn't have transformation Gimmicks. The Zeta Gundam had parts swapping. Seed and later HG kits have some degree of transformation ability, but it depends on how the MS was designed to begin with. So the HGSeed Murasame and HG-AGE Age-2 have some part swapping invovled, but the HGSeed Savior Gundam and HG-AGE Clanche were mostly straight-up transformable (with hand swapping or rearranging just one or two parts)

AFAIK, only the RG and MG lines would have transformation capability because the RGs are fiddly and the MGs are larger...which isn't to say that the MG Victory Gundam P#@!$#@$!ed me off so much that I just glued it in MS form permanently.
Old 2014-08-29, 10:04   Link #33674
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

HG 00s mostly transformable, but fuck they're finicky and fell apart if you breath too hard at them

Not as bad as RG tho

EDIT: to clarify, I have HG Flag & Overflag and helped with all three suit Allelujah use, as well as GN Archer
Old 2014-08-30, 04:17   Link #33675
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
HG 00s mostly transformable, but fuck they're finicky and fell apart if you breath too hard at them
- The 00 series Flag/Enact was Bandai's attempt at making the kits mostly ABS--the advantage of ABS is that they can mold detail onto it like Polystyrene but still allow them to be used as joints. The only catch was that when ABS breaks you either have to get ABS-specific glue or super glue to fix it. So the Flags and Enacts were skinny and could transform but weren't all that posable for too long without breaking something. If you notice, the Kyrios used part swapping for its transformation gimmick.

It all depends on how the MS is supposed to transform, actually. MS with simple transformations usually don't need to much fiddling around and are sturdy. As I mentioned, the HG Age Clancheis actually pretty easy to transform and generally sturdy (except the slightly wobbly waist but that's easily fixed).

BTW, finally got the HGUC Zetaplus (We never got the pre-recall kits so they're onyl hitting local stores now). Will be uilding it. On the one hand I understand why they had to make a totally separate body for the waverider mode, and it'll actually be sturdier this way. On the other hand it ticks me off that there's so much extra kibble in this kit. Wish Bandai just made it a 2-in-1 kit so that you could build the MS and Waverider as two complete separate kits.
Old 2014-09-01, 08:04   Link #33676
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

the K-9 Dog Pack, to me seems a bit off in terms of aesthetics for a UC design like the GM Sniper,
it looks like it came straight out off a Metal Gear series, heck as a Metal Gear unit itself, the Zeon trooper figures that come with it literally sealed the Kojima influence deal, if only there is a way to customize them as the characters from the game like Solid Snake or Raiden but on a MICROSCOPIC level of detailing
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2014-09-01, 21:04   Link #33677
Skye629

Glorious

Old 2014-09-01, 21:34   Link #33678
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

> Pink Gerbera tetra on it's back
Sasuga Bandai
Old 2014-09-01, 22:48   Link #33679
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

so they intentionally left out the 'Wing' part in Fenice's name despite still based on said unit?
Old 2014-09-01, 23:24   Link #33680
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Gundam Wing Fenice Rinascita sounds a bit too mouthful

That said, Build Strike Gundam Full Package did exist so...

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy