AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-02, 02:19   Link #201
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Oh well....My prayers were in vain. Seson will will be the same crap festival the season 1 was. Goddamn you Gonzo, I hope you DO go bankrupt.
Taking anime too serious ain't we Personally I'm looking forward to reading all the rant but then again if you haven't watch season1 why are you watching season 2. The notion elitist isn't unheard of but at some point it’s such a bothers when people come to troll when they have no interest in watching the series in the first place.

and no, I'm still waiting for my Strike witches and Druaga season 2.

Maybe you haven't heard yet.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...arent-proceeds
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 02:57   Link #202
golthin

Quote:
Oh well....My prayers were in vain. Seson will will be the same crap festival the season 1 was. Goddamn you Gonzo, I hope you DO go bankrupt.
It is worse! the damn bats are just freaking DVD bait!
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 03:35   Link #203
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
It is worse! the damn bats are just freaking DVD bait!
Oh come ON, there's no way it's worse then the first season............oh who am I kidding.

PS: the reason for my bankrupt comment was this:
http://firefox.org/news/articles/161...rld/Page1.html

However, recently, this happened: http://firefox.org/news/articles/193...nzo/Page1.html

So maybe with new management, Gonzo will stop making shit anime
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 04:00   Link #204
golthin

Quote:
Oh come ON, there's no way it's worse then the first season............oh who am I kidding.

However, recently, this happened: http://firefox.org/news/articles/193...nzo/Page1.html

So maybe with new management, Gonzo will stop making shit anime
Wow, that is big change in stance! Gonzo was one of the Japanese campanies making the most noise about loss of revenue due to the internet. It seems the new management realized that they can't no longer depend on licensing for extra revenues but also in using the internet for distribution.

I also don't think that Gonzo's problems were due to the internet, but also about the poor quality of shows that they have been making. ADV was licensing almost everything gonzo, but now that the anime market has slumped, and ADV had to cut down they need new outlets for their anime.
Old 2008-10-02, 04:02   Link #205
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Once Gonzo will stop altering the storyline they will sell again :P
Old 2008-10-02, 04:25   Link #206
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Ehm, they are joking ? What is this - censored edition ? Horrible... Any uncensored broadcasting or only at dvd ?
Littm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 05:03   Link #207
DmonHiro

HAHAH, oh COURSE it's DVD only.
Old 2008-10-02, 05:09   Link #208
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Then it's -1 ongoing for me in this season. No wonder that everyone now wishes Gonzo to become bankrupt. It's an amazing idea - to make pantsu-censored shots in anime, where there is nothing except boobs and pantsu. Very original, Gonzo.
Old 2008-10-02, 05:22   Link #209
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

WTF?!! This is the censored edition...man I hope they ran out of time like in Sekirei vol.9 so they'll air even just one DVD edition.
Old 2008-10-02, 05:25   Link #210
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

My personal sreencaps from the first episode. Enjoy this censored bat-edition images :

Old 2008-10-02, 05:29   Link #211
DmonHiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littm View Post
My personal sreencaps from the first episode. Enjoy this censored bat-edition images :

I can't belive this.....it's actually WORSE then the first season. There's only one thing worse then excessive panty-shots: excessive CENSORED panty-shots.
Old 2008-10-02, 05:33   Link #212
golthin

Quote:
I can't belive this.....it's actually WORSE then the first season. There's only one thing worse then excessive panty-shots: excessive CENSORED panty-shots.
didn't i tell you it was worse?
Old 2008-10-02, 05:34   Link #213
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

F@#$%^&king damn bat I knew he'd be there. Maybe the censoring is for people complaining about to much panty shots. Glad the promo didn't censor it, maybe it's like Kamen maid guy where there are some uncensored shots. Iam gonna get myself the dvd's after the show ends. From season1 and 2.

Also a note form the opening...reminds me of the "My Humps" video...also the 3 top popular characters are there in their album cover design, maybe in the DVD they strip. lol j/k
Old 2008-10-02, 05:38   Link #214
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Quote:
Glad the promo didn't censor it, maybe it's like Kamen maid guy where there are some uncensored shots
Yes, there are somewhere around 5-10 % not censored pantsu-shots.
Old 2008-10-02, 05:44   Link #215
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Was this in season 1 as well?

I dunno I just watched DvD rips
Old 2008-10-02, 05:47   Link #216
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

No, there wasn't.
Old 2008-10-02, 05:53   Link #217
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littm
Then it's -1 ongoing for me in this season. No wonder that everyone now wishes Gonzo to become bankrupt. It's an amazing idea - to make pantsu-censored shots in anime, where there is nothing except boobs and pantsu. Very original, Gonzo
Moetan?Sekirei? I wouldn't be surprised if Koihime Musou had some sort of censoring. Even Code Geass is adding more details to their DVD. Just because it’s an ecchi anime doesn't exclude it from censoring. The censoring seems more like an intentional tease, I wouldn't be surprised if there are less bats in the next few episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichy
Once Gonzo will stop altering the storyline they will sell again :P
I hope you're joking as there is no empirical truth behind this statement that supports carbon copy of any anime adaption is the driving source behind direct sales beside from appeasing fans of the original it is only one of the many factors. They simple only need to make entertaining anime.
Old 2008-10-02, 05:58   Link #218
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Say, if there is nothing except ecchi in this anime - why then you should watch it censored ?
Old 2008-10-02, 06:06   Link #219
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littm View Post
Say, if there is nothing except ecchi in this anime - why then you should watch it censored ?
Because it’s "free", the reason why Production Company would air series on TV is to promote and market the final product which are the physical DVD itself. You could simple wait it out like many did with Kodomo no Jikan. While I have no intention to change your mind if all you're after is ecchi. For me there's other reason for watching it, with the most important reason being "entertainment".
Old 2008-10-02, 07:35   Link #220
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
Because it’s "free", the reason why Production Company would air series on TV is to promote and market the final product which are the physical DVD itself. You could simple wait it out like many did with Kodomo no Jikan. While I have no intention to change your mind if all you're after is ecchi. For me there's other reason for watching it, with the most important reason being "entertainment".
I don't expect Japan to be different when it comes to TV ratings and advertisement, so if they screw up it means less people watching and therefor means them losing money which is what they're all about right? Call me naive but i don't think raised DVD sales because of 30% annoying pantsu censors will compensate for that loss, not even in Japan. As for the entertainment part, ecchi is part of the entertainment too and besides mediocre voiceacting and animation there's not much left that couldn't be already satisfied by the manga. Don't get me wrong i'll still watch it from time to time having a good time for sure and it's not like i need those close-up panty shots that bad but any kind of censorship in any kind of media is ruining the overall appearance and experience to some extent.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, harem, romance, shounen, vampire