AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2004-03-18, 17:23   Link #1
Moushi

AVI syncing?

I didn't see anything about this in the stickied threads.

Every time I play AVIs off a 120 GB 7200 RPM HD, the video is a few seconds behind the audio. It's incrediably annoying and I have to watch with the sound off until it's fixed. Any uggestions?

Sorry if this is a stupid question
Old 2004-03-18, 17:59   Link #2
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moushi
I didn't see anything about this in the stickied threads.

Every time I play AVIs off a 120 GB 7200 RPM HD, the video is a few seconds behind the audio. It's incrediably annoying and I have to watch with the sound off until it's fixed. Any uggestions?
Hmmmm, at a guess I would say it's your codecs and it has nothing to do with the hard disc.

Are you really saying that your PC has more than one HD and if you play a avi from the 120GB disc you have this problem but if you play a avi from a different disc (but on the same PC) then you do not have a problem?

From what you say, I think it sounds like you are having a problem when playing the avi from your PC but not when you play the same file on a different PC. If so, then the problem is very likely due to the codecs installed on the PC (the one with the 120Gb). Look at the stickies in this forum and download ffdshow, uninstall all the other codecs on the PC and only install ffdshow (download and install ffdshow-20030523.exe).
Old 2004-03-18, 19:08   Link #3
Moushi

Well, I have one 120 GB disk, and one really old 20 GB disk on this computer. I only play off the 120 GB disk.

I'll try the new codecs.
Old 2004-03-18, 19:17   Link #4
Moushi

Allright, I just moved one of my anime AVIs with problems to my 20 GB disk, and it's the exact same problem. I'll try ffdshow, if I can find it.
Old 2004-03-18, 19:27   Link #5
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

It is listed in the Media Configuration Guide. Sorry, xris should have pointed you to our favorite sticky thread, but he doesn't like to give newbies too much help. It would ruin his grumpy image.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-03-18, 19:37   Link #6
Moushi

I can't figure out where all my codecs are. L
Old 2004-03-20, 00:59   Link #7
MasafumiGotoh

I have the exact same problem but i think i know what causing mine. I also have 2 harddrives. 1 80 GB almost full and one 120 GB i bought couple of weeks ago. I imported all my anime to my H drive(120 gig HD) but the rest of the stuff i left alone. I think the problem with me is that Windows Media Player is installed on C drive and that the audio is slower because I am using software on one hardrive to watch anime on the other on the same computer. Which is making it it horribly slow. I just pause it for a couple secs and watch it again and it turns out fine. I think thats the problem because i imported a episode(Naruto 75) to C drive with WMP installed in it. I watch the video perfectly fine. But on the other hand when i watch it on H drive it is slow. So theres my theory. I am no expert at this but i will be soon(its my major in college).
Old 2004-03-20, 01:26   Link #8
JustAnotherFan
/(bb|[^b]{2})/

If you have problems with video and audio desyncing, and the problem stops for a while when you pause, wait and restart, then it's most likely your CPU that isn't able to decode everything fast enough. You can either try to change your codecs (go try ffdshow), run less stuff in the background while watching or try to increase the priority of your player process a bit.

If you get the problems with one HDD and not with another, make sure the HDD with the "problem" has DMA enabled.