AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-02, 16:01   Link #21
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
the war is looking mouth watering as every chaper goes by.

after 525 chapters we might actully get some answers about luffy's mum. it took naruto 350+ chapters to find out about his past. hopefully we may get to know a bit more about luffy's mum now.

anyway as for Chopper he is able to talk to animels so i think that he has a good chance of survival.
Or maybe Chopper will start a rebellion of humans against these birds? It would be a good way to show-off his newfound bravery. (That's why he wa sent there, right? to gain bravery?)
Old 2008-12-02, 16:03   Link #22
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I'm not saying anything about Zoro and Perona-sama, its more of my love for Perona-sama than anything lol.

She's on top of my favourite Lolita list, her super cute Lolita style and attitude = win.

What she's wearing is a super combo of Gothic-Punk-Ero-Princess Lolita. Represented by Gothic eyeshadow make-up, Punk style shirt and socks, mini sized shirt and skirt and Princess crown. Oda definitely went to extremes to patch up such a difficult style combo. Just pulling off Punk Lolita alone is extremely hard.

Anyway, though I've expected Buggy to show up in some way, especially this mega welcome party for the grand opening of the New World, I'm still quite surprised he actually appeared. And lol, he already reserved a seat at Impel down.

Now on the guest list we have:

Luffy
Whitebeard and crew.
Ace
Garp
Kizaru
Captured Sabody pirates, may include a bunch of Supernovae
Assorted vice admirals and throngs of marines
All 7 Shichibukai
Buggy and crew
Other Impel down prisoners

How many more are we expecting lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-12-02, 16:08   Link #23
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I'm not saying anything about Zoro and Perona-sama, its more of my love for Perona-sama than anything lol.

She's on top of my favourite Lolita list, her super cute Lolita style and attitude = win.

What she's wearing is a super combo of Gothic-Punk-Ero-Princess Lolita. Represented by Gothic eyeshadow make-up, Punk style shirt and socks, mini sized shirt and skirt and Princess crown. Oda definitely went to extremes to patch up such a difficult style combo. Just pulling off Punk Lolita alone is extremely hard.

Anyway, though I've expected Buggy to show up in some way, especially this mega welcome party for the grand opening of the New World, I'm still quite surprised he actually appeared. And lol, he already reserved a seat at Impel down.
Indeed. Her outfit and design are both quite nice. Perfect Pedo-bait

Quote:
Now on the guest list we have:

Luffy
Whitebeard and crew.
Ace
Garp
Kizaru
Captured Sabody pirates, may include a bunch of Supernovae
Assorted vice admirals and throngs of marines
All 7 Shichibukai
Buggy and crew
Other Impel down prisoners

How many more are we expecting lol
The rest of the strawhats may appear as well. You never really know.
Old 2008-12-02, 16:11   Link #24
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
Or maybe Chopper will start a rebellion of humans against these birds? It would be a good way to show-off his newfound bravery. (That's why he wa sent there, right? to gain bravery?)
that is one of the factors but, overall i think that only when he is with ussop and nami that he becomes a scerdy cat. IMO he is very brave, only when with others that he is like that. he may start off as a bit scared but, as it goes along he gains his strength. though that can be said for all.

as for why he is at the island no theories on that from me. i would have thoght that he would have gone somewhere where he could gain control of his 3rd rumble state or become a better doctor.
Old 2008-12-02, 16:13   Link #25
james0246

Lolita? Perona is not a loli at all. Even ignoring the fact that she is 16+ years old (which as Lucky Star and Genshiken prove age is unimportant for Loli character design), she is quite...developed (then again, Oda has troubles accurately/consistently drawing cup sizes (I think Nami made it up to a G-cup some time in the past before Oda decided to spare Nami the back pain)), something a good loli cannot be.

Besides, we all know that Perona is meant for Usopp....

btw, @Rainbowman, good idea concerning Franky meeting up with Robin.
Old 2008-12-02, 16:17   Link #26
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Lolita? Perona is not a loli at all. Even ignoring the fact that she is 16+ years old, she is quite...developed (then again, Oda has troubles accurately/consistently drawing cup sizes (I think Nami made it up to a G-cup some time in the past before Oda decided to spare Nami the back pain), something a good loli cannot be.
well compared to the others, she's flat as a board. She's a lolli in the OP universe, not ncessarily ours.

Quote:
What of err... what's her name from his home island?
Old 2008-12-02, 16:23   Link #27
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Haraharahara~! I knew this would happen, that's why I've prepared this piece to be copied and paste everytime it comes to this!:

As a member of the AS Lolita Style Group, I have the responsibility to educate the public about the elegant alternative fashion style known as the Lolita style.

Lolita is an elegant fashion style and has no relation to 'Loli' or 'Lolicon'. Especially in an anime community, its best to separate Lolita and loli, it causes frustration, especially to the Lolita fans when both words are often wrongly associated with each other.

In anime communities, Lolita usually refers to the Lolita fashion style, loli refers to little girls.

Old 2008-12-02, 16:28   Link #28
marvelB

Quote:

But.... what about Kaya? Didn't he promise her that he'd come back to regale her with amazing stories about his adventures?

Anyway, I wonder what opponents Luffy will face in Impel Down? As I said before, I think that Akainu is the warden of the prison, but there should be plenty of other strong guys guarding Ace, as well. I sure wouldn't be surprised if any vice-admirals (aside from Garp) are roaming around the place....
Old 2008-12-02, 16:32   Link #29
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Anyway, I wonder what opponents Luffy will face in Impel Down? As I said before, I think that Akainu is the warden of the prison, but there should be plenty of other strong guys guarding Ace, as well. I sure wouldn't be surprised if any vice-admirals (aside from Garp) are roaming around the place....
If anything Akainu should be introduced anytime now, so I'd agree that he is the warden.

Besides the Yonkou who are in New World itself, all other big names have all been revealed, except Akainu.

They're revealing the big names in this mega party for the entrance to New World, so Akainu could be a suitable host for this party.

Old 2008-12-02, 16:43   Link #30
Slayerx

Quote:
Dunno about anyone else, but the highlight of the spoiler for me was the return of BUGGY! Looks like that speculation of him being captured by Kizaru was true after all! I'm really hoping we see him pull off some crazy stuff at Impel Down. I still think that he may be capable of using Haki....
I don't think so... if he could use haki he would have used it way back when he was when... Shanks may have Haki but nothing says he necessairly learned it while with gold roger and could have learned it afterward...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
With Brook: I wonder if he'll get any of the female cultists pregnant? (Just a joke)
He would, but... he doesn't have a penis! Yohohohoho! Skull joke!

Quote:
With Zoro: Somehow I don't think a ZoroxPerona relation would work out considering Zoro finds Perona annoying especially after their last encounter at Thriller Bark.
this coming from the biggest LuffyXNami shipper...
hey you don't like people stepping all over your unbelievable pairing, don't go stepping on others

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
well compared to the others, she's flat as a board. She's a lolli in the OP universe, not ncessarily ours.
She's can't really be called pedo-bait... pedo-bait is a term saved for actual loli's and the very underdeveloped...

She's also not loli... though to be fair, i guess you could say she comes close depending on how you look at her

Quote:
What of err... what's her name from his home island?
Kaya...
And what? you find it wrong that Oda's setting up a love triangle... hell throw zoro and Tashagi into the mix and we got two triangles colliding to form some kind of love hexagon... and perona-sama's the link (hmm, maybe it's more of a love hourglass then)

it's obvious, Oda's next project after one piece will be a harem series... based on one piece...
Old 2008-12-02, 16:49   Link #31
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Dunno about anyone else, but the highlight of the spoiler for me was the return of BUGGY! Looks like that speculation of him being captured by Kizaru was true after all! I'm really hoping we see him pull off some crazy stuff at Impel Down. I still think that he may be capable of using Haki.....
I'm very doubtful of that personally. Although he has sailed on Gol D. Roger's ship and you would expect him to be powerful by association (especially considering how powerful Shanks ended up), he was defeated by Luffy when he was still a lot weaker. If he was capable of Haki, I would expect that Luffy wouldn't have had a chance.

But either way, it will be very interesting to see Buggy there. I can just imagine his reaction when he sees Luffy there.
Old 2008-12-02, 16:50   Link #32
marvelB

I'm actually hoping that we'll see vice-admiral Comil at Impel Down. As was discussed in the previous chapter thread, he may want to help Ace in gratitude for his help during that ministory. I mean c'mon, Ace saved him from the pure hell of bitter coffee! That's a huge debt to repay right there!

...Oh, and that thing with the burning ship, too. But the coffee thing was a lot worse, believe me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
I don't think so... if he could use haki he would have used it way back when he was when... Shanks may have Haki but nothing says he necessairly learned it while with gold roger and could have learned it afterward...

Here's the thing, though: Buggy specifically tells Luffy that after accidentally eating his Devil Fruit, he had to wait another ten years before he could set off on his own journey. How do we know that Buggy didn't obtain his own Haki abilities during that time? And again, both times he's encountered Luffy, he had outside interferences that prevented him from winning (Nami and a thunderstorm), so we don't know what Buggy is truly capable of....

In fact, that reminds me of something: Remember Buggy's cannonballs? They had much more destructive power than regular cannonballs did. How do we know that they weren't infused with Haki? After all, we saw how destructive the Kuja amazon's arrows were when powered with Haki.....

Last edited by marvelB; 2008-12-02 at 17:01.
Old 2008-12-02, 16:54   Link #33
james0246

Quote:
Haraharahara~! I knew this would happen, that's why I've prepared this piece to be copied and paste everytime it comes to this!:

As a member of the AS Lolita Style Group, I have the responsibility to educate the public about the elegant alternative fashion style known as the Lolita style.

In anime communities, Lolita usually refers to the Lolita fashion style, loli refers to little girls.
That is understandable. Thanks for the update. I guess I am now confused by what makes her style Lolita, then? She seems more pseudo-goth/punk than anything else. In fact, I knew many girls/women in my youth that routinely wore clothing similar to Perona's, and this would have been before any official distinction of a Lolita style had been formed. So, what makes her clothing Lolita?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
it's obvious, Oda's next project after one piece will be a harem series... based on one piece...
Let's be honest, who here wouldn't read the first few volumes of such a series ?

Last edited by james0246; 2008-12-02 at 17:04.
Old 2008-12-02, 16:58   Link #34
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Quote:
what makes her clothing Lolita?
could be the striped tights, and the pigtails.
Old 2008-12-02, 17:08   Link #35
Slayerx

Quote:
So, what makes her clothing Lolita?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
could be the striped tights, and the pigtails.
I'd say it's the striped socks, the pigtails, the things in her hair that make the pigtails, the boots, the big bow, and the overall frilliness of the outfit

Lolita is a combination of of a number of such elements... so just have any one or two would not work, and can also be replaced by others... but i think Frilly or victorian style outfit is the biggest thing... Sometimes those elements are what allows Lolita to cross with goth to get a more gothic-lolita
Old 2008-12-02, 17:12   Link #36
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Lol first, Slayerx, cookies for skull joke and Perona-sama pics.
Quote:
That is understandable. Thanks for the update. I guess I am now confused by what makes her style Lolita, then? She seems more pseudo-goth/punk than anything else. In fact, I knew many girls/women in my youth that routinely wore clothing similar to Perona's, and this would have been before any official distinction of a Lolita style had been formed. So, what makes her clothing Lolita?
Hmmm to trace her style tell you why its Lolita style in full, would make this post really big, but I'll try compressing it so it won't become a big out of topic essay lol

Firstly, take a look at this handy site which is posted in out Lolita style group chat: http://lolita-handbook.livejournal.com/3035.html

At first glance, one who's used to seeing Lolita styles, can tell easily that Perona is a Lolita, because of her combo of accessories and frilly clothes. Frills is the most common part of a Lolita dress, which is found in her skirt and portion of a coat(not sure what to call that on the shoulders).

From top, her umbrella is a common accessory for Lolitas, then her hair, her Goth Lolita make-up, coat, frilly skirt, over-knee socks and boots.

They are all components of a whole slew of Lolita sub styles, which when all put together is a super combo of Lolita styles. Now that I've described it after a good look at her dress, I restate her style lol

Umbrella: Sweet Lolita
Make-up: Gothic Lolita
Coat: winter/autumn use Lolita coat
Shirt: Punk Lolita
Mini Skirt: Ero Lolita
Stipe Over-knee Socks: Punk Lolita
Boots: Punk/Gothic Lolita

Its either Oda didn't really know about how to fashion a normal Lolita style and got lucky making Perona-sama look so cute, or he actually knows about Lolita style and patched up something so amazing lol

Old 2008-12-02, 17:21   Link #37
james0246

^Wow, I never knew my friends from 15-20 years ago were so trend setting, considering that besides the Crown-hat, I have known many girls/women over the years that have worn near identical clothing (except the pink hair, I have never had a female friend with pink hair ). (I'd give you some rep, but I seem to have already given you some recently.)

Thanks for the info, I now know a new sub-culture style of the fashion industry .
Old 2008-12-02, 17:30   Link #38
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
^Wow, I never knew my friends from 15-20 years ago were so trend setting, considering that besides the Crown-hat, I have known many girls/women over the years that have worn near identical clothing (except the pink hair, I have never had a female friend with pink hair ). (I'd give you some rep, but I seem to have already given you some recently.)

Thanks for the info, I now know a new sub-culture style of the fashion industry .
Nice lol, Lolita is an alternative fashion style that's outside of normal trends, very hard to pull off nicely and not everyone can be one. Also it seems I forgot that crown, which adds to Princess Lolita.

Which country are you from? In Japan, you see Lolita in cities all the time lol, and Lolita is continue to rise.

Here in Singapore, I only get to see them in events.

Old 2008-12-02, 17:39   Link #39
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Wow...people all amazed at Buddy and etc. Sigh.

I'm surprised they're agreeing to Boas every request. Impel Down? Sure why not. But NO reason to see Ace. Plus if all the other Shchibukai are at the holy land or wherever then thats where boa should be too. Surprising at all these side quests they're allowing.

I wanna see what Luffy does. Is Garp still there? I doubt he'll let Luffy break Ace out.
Old 2008-12-02, 17:56   Link #40
james0246

Quote:
Which country are you from? In Japan, you see Lolita in cities all the time lol, and Lolita is continue to rise.
I live in America, but I spent a large portion of my youth in England (around the punk scene of the early 80s) which is where I saw/knew many girls/women wearing such clothing. Some of their big influences were Alice in Wonderland, John Donne poetry, the emergence of The Cure and Depeche Mode, etc. So, I always associated these types of clothing with the goth/punk/new wave scenes of the 80s, but since looking at your link I can see a specific difference between Perona's Lolita style and the previously mentioned styles.
Closed Thread