AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

Old 2008-12-02, 16:40   Link #41
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

is the manga series done yet? or is it still being drawn.../any idea on when it's going to end?/ is it coming to a conclusion?
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 17:33   Link #42
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
is the manga series done yet? or is it still being drawn.../any idea on when it's going to end?/ is it coming to a conclusion?
The manga series is still in progress and being drawn monthly. No idea when it going to end. The school arc, from what I have heard, should be coming to a conclusion very soon. After that see will have to wait and see what she has in store for us.
Old 2008-12-02, 19:04   Link #43
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
The manga series is still in progress and being drawn monthly. No idea when it going to end. The school arc, from what I have heard, should be coming to a conclusion very soon. After that see will have to wait and see what she has in store for us.
by school arc, is that referring to what we're seeing in the anime as of right now? All i really want to know is if i will find out about her past, and kaname's true hidden intentions (im only on episode 5 of vampire knight guilty [season2]) by the end of this season.

Thanks
Old 2008-12-02, 19:14   Link #44
Slick_rick

Quote:
by school arc, is that referring to what we're seeing in the anime as of right now? All i really want to know is if i will find out about her past, and kaname's true hidden intentions (im only on episode 5 of vampire knight guilty [season2]) by the end of this season.

Thanks
Yes, you will find out about Yuki's past. Kaname hidden intentions? Towards her? Yes.
Old 2008-12-02, 20:08   Link #45
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Yes, you will find out about Yuki's past. Kaname hidden intentions? Towards her? Yes.
thank you SOOO much!
Old 2008-12-03, 14:15   Link #46
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

so apparently episode 9 goes completely off a different route from the manga...is this true? If so, does that mean i should probably read the manga now while watching the anime? I won't be spoiled right? Since the anime is taking a different route supposedly? And if i were to read the manga, where should i start? Thanks!
Old 2008-12-03, 18:34   Link #47
Slick_rick

Quote:
so apparently episode 9 goes completely off a different route from the manga...is this true? If so, does that mean i should probably read the manga now while watching the anime? I won't be spoiled right? Since the anime is taking a different route supposedly? And if i were to read the manga, where should i start? Thanks!
Actually episode 9 is pretty in line with the manga. Some scenes are added and some changed around a bit but no significant difference between the direction of the plot that I can see. I expect them to at least follow the manga for another 2 episodes. If you don't want to get spoiled now probably is not the best time to begin reading the manga just wait a bit more. There is still a couple of key events I expect to see animated.

Chapter 38 was the latest chapter to be animated into episode 9 and the manga is currently on chapter 45 so somewhere in between there is probably where you'd want to get started.
Old 2008-12-03, 18:39   Link #48
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Actually episode 9 is pretty in line with the manga. Some scenes are added and some changed around a bit but no significant difference between the direction of the plot that I can see. I expect them to at least follow the manga for another 2 episodes. If you don't want to get spoiled now probably is not the best time to begin reading the manga just wait a bit more. There is still a couple of key events I expect to see animated.

Chapter 38 was the latest chapter to be animated into episode 9 and the manga is currently on chapter 45 so somewhere in between there is probably where you'd want to get started.
haha thank you so much, you keep answering my questions! I really appreciate it. Mann, i haven't watched episode 9 yet but i can't wait for it anymore >.<, but i don't want to be spoiled by the mangaaa
Old 2008-12-23, 17:40   Link #49
reaper_unique

I'm at episode 7, before I continue I just want to know what did she mean with "my brother", as in blood related brother or as in brother vampire thing?
reaper_unique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 19:09   Link #50
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper_unique View Post
I'm at episode 7, before I continue I just want to know what did she mean with "my brother", as in blood related brother or as in brother vampire thing?
Blood related. Though he himself says he is an ancestor which you kind of understand later on in the story when it is hinted at. And his and her parents were blood-related brother and sister also so such unions for vampires is not uncommon.
Old 2008-12-23, 19:23   Link #51
reaper_unique

I see, domo arigatou _O_
reaper_unique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-04, 00:01   Link #52
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

I have a question about kuran kaname. He says at the end of episode 8 that he'd be happier if he were ACTUALLY born as Yuki's REAL brother...but he looks just like Kuran Haruka (yuki's dad)...What exactly is kaname? Is this a manga spoiler? Even so can someone tell me what his relationship with the people is? Who exactly is he? What does he mean he's an "ancestor" of the kuran clan? And that he was given power by rido? and thats why he can't kill rido?
Old 2009-01-04, 03:08   Link #53
Slick_rick

Quote:
I have a question about kuran kaname. He says at the end of episode 8 that he'd be happier if he were ACTUALLY born as Yuki's REAL brother...but he looks just like Kuran Haruka (yuki's dad)...What exactly is kaname? Is this a manga spoiler? Even so can someone tell me what his relationship with the people is? Who exactly is he? What does he mean he's an "ancestor" of the kuran clan? And that he was given power by rido? and thats why he can't kill rido?
Well it is hinted at in both the manga and the anime but I don't believe it outright stated anywhere. Here is the general theory I usually hear.
Spoiler for Just in case:

That I believe that is the general theory. Most of Kaname's past is shrouded in mystery and we will probably get more into it later on.
Old 2009-01-04, 11:01   Link #54
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Well it is hinted at in both the manga and the anime but I don't believe it outright stated anywhere. Here is the general theory I usually hear.

That I believe that is the general theory. Most of Kaname's past is shrouded in mystery and we will probably get more into it later on.
Thanks...and would you say he's stronger than most purebloods? Because that's the vibe i get. As for Rido...what's up with him? IF he's haruka's brother...then why does he want pureblood even though he's already "resurrected" kaname? Isn't he a purebloood vampire himself? One LAST question...is the anime completely caught up to the manga now? And how often does the manga come out? I started to follow, read chapter 45 last night...but i only see a 46...and i feel the anime is a bit ahead of 45..
Old 2009-01-04, 12:20   Link #55
Slick_rick

Quote:
Thanks...and would you say he's stronger than most purebloods? Because that's the vibe i get. As for Rido...what's up with him? IF he's haruka's brother...then why does he want pureblood even though he's already "resurrected" kaname? Isn't he a purebloood vampire himself? One LAST question...is the anime completely caught up to the manga now? And how often does the manga come out? I started to follow, read chapter 45 last night...but i only see a 46...and i feel the anime is a bit ahead of 45..
Yes, Kaname is stronger than most as he is a Kuran who are the kings of the vampires. It's considered the purest of the vampire blood.

The anime is caught up with the manga but you can disregard episode 12 and 13 entirely. Things happen extremely different after that point from the manga so you might want to head back a few chapters. Probably to around Ch41 or so. There are only currently 46 chapters (plus 1 side story) out. 46 should leave you similar to where the last episode did.
Spoiler for ch46/ep13:
Though the events are vastly different on how it happens. The manga is a monthly and usually comes out around the 20-24th of each month.
Old 2009-01-23, 20:22   Link #56
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
How come there isn't a manga thread and stuff? Claymore is monthly and that's going pretty well.
Old 2009-01-23, 22:57   Link #57
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
How come there isn't a manga thread and stuff? Claymore is monthly and that's going pretty well.
There is a manga thread in this forum. Here is a link to the thread:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=37832

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 18:23   Link #58
ellifeedn
Thinker

I thought the anime series finished, so why's it still in current series?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 22:29   Link #59
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

cuz its still popular i guess, and manga's still goin. it didnt finish that long ago, people might still be watching it/catching up
same with kannagi
SwiftStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 22:36   Link #60
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Hello, I have a question. Do we know if Headmaster Kaien is also a vampire?

Last edited by Droplet; 2009-01-25 at 23:31.
Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a