AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-13, 07:45   Link #261
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

My guess is they use a different, more authorative, unquestionable sounding voice, followed by changing the whole room's coloring some way (Similar to Death Note's "visual effects" or something).
I can't decide whether the red text will be said by her own voice actress or a different one, but it's not that important for me.
Using "text bubble"-s sounds a bit lame IMO (though it might be possible to do it appropriately enough).
Old 2009-05-13, 07:51   Link #262
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Maybe the sentences will form out on thin air as a magical effect, like a sort of holograms.
This could also be used in ep3 to form the famous web of red truths, surrounding Battler.

Old 2009-05-13, 09:36   Link #263
maximilianjenus
[E]

We will have to wait 3 or 4 months to know about red, unless there is a leak, since the first arc has to end as well.
Old 2009-05-14, 21:23   Link #264
Jimprovement
Televangelist

Send a message via AIM to Jimprovement
Hey guys,

looks like umineko.tv updated again.

and Itou Miki is voicing Eva.

I'm totally satisfied.
Old 2009-05-14, 21:38   Link #265
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I'd actually suggest to create two types of weekly episode threads for when the Umineko subforum gets created, and if I'd had my way I'd actually completely ban everyone who has played the game from even posting in the anime only threads, sans the mods. Or at the very least completely ban any kind of comparison with the game, which would only be carried in an specific thread. It will be that bad IMO.
Old 2009-05-14, 21:45   Link #266
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimprovement View Post
Hey guys,

looks like umineko.tv updated again.

and Itou Miki is voicing Eva.

I'm totally satisfied.
Itou Miki? The Itou Miki who did Takano in Higurashi?

I bet my friend that Itou Miki would voice Eva and I totally just won!~ Man this is going to be good!

Can anyone translate the list?
Old 2009-05-14, 22:46   Link #267
Jimprovement
Televangelist

Send a message via AIM to Jimprovement
右代宮戦人 : 小野大輔
右代宮朱志香 : 井上麻里奈
右代宮真里亞 : 堀江由衣
右代宮譲治 : 鈴村健一
紗音 : 釘宮理恵
嘉音 : 小林ゆう

右代宮金蔵 : 麦人
右代宮蔵臼 : 小杉十郎太
右代宮夏妃 : 篠原恵美
右代宮絵羽 : 伊藤美紀
右代宮秀吉 : 広瀬正志
右代宮留弗夫 : 小山力也
右代宮霧江 : 田中敦子
右代宮楼座 : 小清水亜美
源次 : 船木真人
郷田 : 上別府仁資
熊沢 : 羽鳥靖子
南條先生 : 石住昭彦

ベアトリーチェ : 大原さやか

That's the full cast list
Old 2009-05-14, 22:47   Link #268
Ankoku-chan

Send a message via Yahoo to Ankoku-chan
I get the feeling that Miki Itou will play both Eva and Lambda, but she'll use Takano's voice for Eva and Asa Shigure's voice for Lambda, since the two voices sound almost completely different.
Old 2009-05-14, 22:58   Link #269
Marion
The Great Dine

Well you never know. We don't even have confirmation that Bern and Lamba will even be appearing, which makes me a little worried. Then again they might hold that off to the end, since it might come to a surprise of people not familiar with the game.
Old 2009-05-14, 23:02   Link #270
Ankoku-chan

What would have been the point of

Spoiler:
I mean, they could have just left that last scene out and it would've made a whole lot more sense for the non-VN players.
Old 2009-05-14, 23:02   Link #271
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Ewww, what did they do to the logo? It looked so much better when the One Winged Eagle wasn't filled in...

Battler Ushiromiya : Daisuke Ono
Jessica Ushiromiya : Marina Inoue
Maria Ushiromiya : Yui Horie
George Ushiromiya : Kenichi Suzumura
Shannon : Rie Kugimiya
Kanon : Yū Kobayashi

Kinzo Ushiromiya : Mugihito
Krauss Ushirmiya : Jūrōta Kosugi
Natsuhi Ushiromiya : Emi Shinohara
Eva Ushiromiya : Miki Itō
Hideyoshi Ushiromiya : Masashi Hirose
Rudolf Ushiromiya : Rikiya Koyama
Kyrie Ushiromiya : Atsuko Tanaka
Rosa Ushiromiya : Ami Koshimizu
Terumasa Nanjo : Akihiko Ishizumi
Genji Ronoue : Masato Funaki
Toshiro Gohda : Hitoshi Bifu
Chiyo Kumasawa : Yasuko Hatori

I like the designs for the adults, seeing as they didn't give them all blue eyes like the kids have. I was a little surprised that Shannon and Kanon were given blue eyes... well not really, but I would have preferred brown or something. Though I have to admit, Shannon does look nice with blue eyes so I don't really have much of a problem in this case. It's not like their blue eyes look horrible. George has green eyes, which looks nice. The adults mostly have brown eyes, the only one who I'd give a different color to is Kyrie. Her eyes would look best with a cool color as opposed to a warm color, well in my opinion anyway. I think Rosa looks pretty with her eye color, out of all of the eye colors chosen (for the characters with black eyes in the game) I think her's has to be my favorite along with George's.

I'm not sure what to think of the voice actors since I can't really remember how they mostly sounded, so I have no opinion here. Though I'm really glad that they were finally announced. ^.^

Old 2009-05-14, 23:12   Link #272
Ankoku-chan

Listening to a clip of Kallen's voice makes me exited for Ami Koshimizu as Rosa. I could never quite pinpoint what her voice would sound like.
Old 2009-05-15, 00:08   Link #273
chronotrig

Interesting...Okonogi's anime seiyuu is playing Krauss.

Which means......

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-05-15, 00:28   Link #274
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Interesting...Okonogi's anime seiyuu is playing Krauss.

Which means......
oh shi-

All Parents are part of Tokyo, led by Okonogi!Krauss!

WHICH MEANS BEATRICE = HINAMIZAWA SYNDROME. TAKANO/EVA WAS RIIIIGHT

or it could mean Chikai likes his seiyuus from Higurashi |D Not like this is the first re-appearance by one of them.
Old 2009-05-15, 02:45   Link #275
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I'd actually suggest to create two types of weekly episode threads for when the Umineko subforum gets created, and if I'd had my way I'd actually completely ban everyone who has played the game from even posting in the anime only threads, sans the mods. Or at the very least completely ban any kind of comparison with the game, which would only be carried in an specific thread. It will be that bad IMO.
I wouldn't go that far to punish, but I agree with the double episode threads. Maybe merging them together to save space, after like half a year according to the game-episodes (like "Legend of Golden Witch arc - Spoiler thread" etc.).
If we'd ban the gameplayers of Umineko from posting in specified non-spoiler threads, it's a bit unjustified not to do the same in such sub-forums like FMA, Valkyria Chronicles etc.
Additionally, in these forums (I haven't played/read neither source) I actually enjoy finding out what parts they didn't animate.

-----
I'm inclined to believe there is no conspirational reason, why Krauss is played by Okonogi's voice actor. It's possible that sometimes next year, when they announce episode4's new seiyuu-s, we will see that Umineko's Okonogi is going to be voiced by someone else.

edit: I went oh my God checking out the colored character designs. As I said I don't really think the eyecolors have any significance, but then why do they have an image each, only consisting their eyes? Maybe only for "nitpickers" like me, so we can have some wacky theories about it, or to confuse us for some reason. IDK.

Wow loli-Maria looks awesome . (and I finally see how her crown stays on her head!). Anyway, I don't particularly like her in the game, but man she sure gonna make me laugh at the scary scenes with such facial expressions:
Spoiler for image for reference:

The same can be said on Goldsmith Kinzo.
I hope Jessy's "micro-skirt" not gonna serve fanservice purposes. Maybe they exaggerated it here, but it seems far too tiny (did they even wear so small miniskirts in the 80's?)
I never ever imagined how's Genji's smile could look like O_o.

After a quick glance, I instantly liked almost all the character designs, I just really hope the animation design is going to be consistent, and no such "flaws" going to happen like in Higurashi sometimes.

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-05-15 at 03:45.
Old 2009-05-15, 03:53   Link #276
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
Spoiler for image for reference:
I'm not sure why but that made me giggle.
Old 2009-05-15, 07:00   Link #277
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Strange strange very strange... why the voice actor of Okonogi is playing Krauss when Okonogi is going to appear later in the story? Unless they are planning to economize on the cast and let him play both roles... but why? °°;
It would be pretty strange if they won't use the same voice actor for Okonogi seeing as he's practically the same person. Don't get me wrong I don't think he's the same Okonogi of Higurashi, rather an Okonogi of an alternative universe, but still Okonogi for what matters.

I also hope they won't use the same voice actress for Eva and Lambda, at this point i think it's more probable that another person will take the role.

Let's hope the higurashi fan who are not used to the visual novels won't start making speculations about Eva being Takano, Krauss being Okonogi and Kanon being Satoshi.

Old 2009-05-15, 08:54   Link #278
Auria

I absolutely dislike the shading in the colored character designs. It just seems so flat ;_;

Also hope here that Ami Koshimizu will be able to pull of Rosa. I like her voice.
I don't like it that the children are seperated from the adults in the cast list. I'm afraid they will put less focus on the adult discussions then.. oh well ^^;

As for the seperated threads, I would be fine with it, though I could restrain myself if it would be only one thread ^^
Old 2009-05-15, 12:17   Link #279
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auria View Post
I absolutely dislike the shading in the colored character designs. It just seems so flat ;_;
....Um, these are design sheets, the coloring is supposed to be flat. It's basically just a color guide for the animators and promo image makers.
Old 2009-05-15, 16:32   Link #280
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auria View Post

Also hope here that Ami Koshimizu will be able to pull of Rosa. I like her voice.
I don't like it that the children are seperated from the adults in the cast list. I'm afraid they will put less focus on the adult discussions then.. oh well ^^;

As for the seperated threads, I would be fine with it, though I could restrain myself if it would be only one thread ^^
Yeah, but just wait for the 3rd question arc. No parents die for once and all of them are clearly badass. It's too bad they hate each other or they can be like the A-Team or something |D -shot-
Closed Thread