AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-19, 10:32   Link #41
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Cant wait to see her wielding those oversized anti tank rifle...
There's only one, from what was shown. *pretends to be innocent*
Old 2009-10-19, 20:30   Link #42
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
Speaking of power-ups, I hope she gets some in the chest area as the series goes along (kinda like how Ed Elric gets taller in FMA).
It's the year of the washboard chests. First Canaan and now Suou.
Old 2009-10-19, 22:08   Link #43
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Don't become a Contractor! Don't become a Contractor! Don't become a Contractor! Don't become a Contractor! Don't become a Contractor! Don't become a Contractor! Don't become a Contractor! Don't become a Contractor! Don't become a Contractor!
KAAAAAAAH! <--meaningless sound

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-10-21, 00:01   Link #44
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Now that I am rewatching season one I realize that it would be a very interesting dynamic for her to end up walking in Heis shoes before he became a contractor.
Old 2009-10-21, 00:17   Link #45
Xacual

I think she was already walking in his footsteps. She had a sibling who she loved dearly become a contractor and she seemed to be finding it increasingly difficult to get along and understand him anymore. At the same time she felt she had to protect him. The only real difference in their situations is that Suou didn't have to follow her sibling into a war and kill people. Now that difference may change, it will be interesting to see how she reacts with her changing circumstances. We've seen that she is big on acting without thinking it all through.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2009-10-22, 01:24   Link #46
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
It's the year of the washboard chests. First Canaan and now Suou.
I thought washboard chests have always been a big thing in Anime. It's just as "hot" as big boobs supposingly.
Old 2009-10-22, 02:06   Link #47
Strange
Incoherent at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
I thought washboard chests have always been a big thing in Anime. It's just as "hot" as big boobs supposingly.
a.k.a Delicious Flat Chest
Old 2009-10-23, 08:20   Link #48
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
... Wow. I mean, just... wow. What the hell was that (ep 3)? Now I'm beginning to wonder what her power actually is apart from making her an instant sniper...

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2009-10-23, 11:55   Link #49
Strange
Incoherent at best.

I posted this before, but again, Mao's a pedo I guess I can't blame him though.

Old 2009-10-23, 13:14   Link #50
orion

For Mao, it's more like "I don't want to drown, save me." imo.

I think that everything so far was to prepare for Suou's awakening and that Suou could be part of another plot to kill Contractors. I posted this in the ep. 3 thread.

I agree with the person in ep 3 thread who said she is more like a Moratorium than a true Contractor.
Old 2009-10-23, 15:51   Link #51
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange View Post
I posted this before, but again, Mao's a pedo I guess I can't blame him though.

I actually think that Mao didn't start occupying Pecha until April and Suou ran across the cat in the woods, but that's only my speculation.
And dangit she's a contractor/something after all, here I was hoping we would have a fully human, somewhat bad-ass, little girl with a huge ass weapon. At least she seems to "turn back" into a human, otherwise the show would be so boring with our main group being made out of three contractors and a doll, not a lot of conversation there.
Old 2009-10-23, 18:11   Link #52
Pilly
Anime watcher

no!! i liked Suou for her personality... now we're gonna get some emo sniper contractor
Old 2009-10-23, 19:46   Link #53
orion

Well Tanya was able to fake her personality for a time. Suou prob won't be like Tanya. Seeing her gain more control over her powers will be good.
Old 2009-10-23, 22:17   Link #54
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I noticed that when you re-watch the OP that Suou actually looks pretty emotionless in it. I had noticed before and written it off but I was wondering if that was actually foreshadowing....
Old 2009-10-24, 02:05   Link #55
alu546
y prime

Well, its been proven repeatedly that contractors arent emotionless, they grow into them alot of times, and for some reason Suou isnt doing a permanent 180 with her emotions, so I am ure she will grow.

But this series killed all the ideas i had about it in episode 3, its really something.Still interesting as hell though.

I like her renumeration. And move over stalker-police-crazywoman, it is Suou time now.

Now I just hope she survives the season and becomes a permanent maincharacter with Hei.

Last edited by alu546; 2009-10-24 at 02:20.
Old 2009-10-24, 03:39   Link #56
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post
Now I just hope she survives the season and becomes a permanent maincharacter with Hei.
You talk as if a third season has already been announced.
Old 2009-10-24, 09:35   Link #57
alu546
y prime

Well, I havent seen a clear ending to this show(no ultimate objective), so I wouldnt doubt a season 3. But if the season 2 ending is convincing enough I dont mind either.
Old 2009-10-24, 09:50   Link #58
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Hmm, at first, i thought Suou will become a Moratorium for 2-3 eps then become a full Contractors after some event. (like the case with fire girl in eps 3-4 S1)

But looks like she'll be controlling her power just fine from next episode.

Is her abilty summoning an oversized anti-tank rifle confirmed?
Or it's just a portion of her potential power?
Old 2009-10-24, 09:57   Link #59
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

A sniper is probably ideal tool against contractors though; and needless to say anything less of a tank won't do as protection. I wasn't expecting her to become a contractor to figure that out though, but its convenient means to a end I suppose. At least given her ability even if she were to loose it she only really looses her materialization power.
Old 2009-10-24, 12:27   Link #60
orion

And if it's based on weapons that she sees or handles, then there is an opportunity for her to materialize more weapons, like Hei's Uzi.

No problems with buying ammo or the weapon. She's a cheap assassin in the making.

Tags
characters